PDA

View Full Version : "Monta needs to play shooting guard"

JLantern
07-25-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm f-cking sick and tired of seeing people write that he needs play shooting guard to be successful. the guy has been going against the odds his whole freaking life. first he's too small to be in the league, then he's too small to play shooting guard, all he can do is score. give the guy a freaking chance. when has monta let us down. if mullin and nellie think he can do it, we can at least give him a chance to do it. i think the guy can play point, and in fact during the last half of last season he ran point at certain times in EVERY game. it doesnt take true point guard skills to run the point for nellie, which is why he loves the term point-forward. give the guy a chance i'm sure he'll impress.

oracle650
07-25-2008, 02:05 PM
he's the fastest man in the league damn skippy he can play point. and well just needs to work on a few things. but he'll be good. nelly ball gets better this year watch!!!

ULT WARRIOR408
07-25-2008, 02:13 PM
I Feel You His Assist Per Game Average Went Up Last Year & If Allen Iverson Can Play Point & Gilbert Arenas Can Play Point Why Cant Monta

Mr. 3 Stacks
07-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah monta is so young and talented he will be able to adapt to it, and he better! I dont want to see Capt. Jack and MAG50 switchin at the 3 spot, which leads me to my question. Lets Just say that marcus williams starts at pg, what would the lineup be for the Dubs?
williams
ellis
maggette
jackson/harrington?
biedrens
Sorry if this topic was already discussed...

Warriors#1
07-25-2008, 02:44 PM
We never said he cant play point.Its just that were saying he would be better at shooting gaurd.Monta is the star on the team.He can play point but it would be nice for him to play a shooting gaurd and trade for an experieced point gaurd

JLantern
07-25-2008, 02:47 PM
to me shooting guards are a dime a dozen. we just resigned buike after the clips made him an offer and we got this guy off the d-league. not saying that hes gonna be a star like monta, but its much much easier to find a star shooting guard, than a star point guard. and i think monta can be that star point guard. he's only 22!!!

ULT WARRIOR408
07-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Either Way He's Gonna Be Force At The 1 Or The 2

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Monta will adjust just like he has every year learning the point...

Trust me... he will be more dangerous as a point cause he can get to the basket or pop a jumper at the key...

Imagine.. Monta drives to the basket and drops it back to the 3 point line to Bellinelli, SJax and AL... Thats how I feel he will get most of his assists...

JLantern
07-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Monta will adjust just like he has every year learning the point...

Trust me... he will be more dangerous as a point cause he can get to the basket or pop a jumper at the key...

Imagine.. Monta drives to the basket and drops it back to the 3 point line to Bellinelli, SJax and AL... Thats how I feel he will get most of his assists...

:clap::clap::clap:

gowarriors
07-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Monta can play point, no doubt.

However in the new NBA the roles are no longer easily defined.

The team that best fills in the gaps wins.