PDA

View Full Version : Donald Driver

StickyGreenFan
07-25-2008, 01:11 PM
with all the favre drama i wanted to change it up too. just showing appreciation to an underrated receiver throughout the league. hes been with us since 1999 if im not mistaken and given more than 100 percent every season. in this day and age its rare to see a loyal player and especially one thats got talent. good shyt driver keep it up!

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah thanks for the effort but there's no news here. Driver is the man and we all know this.

newdude
07-25-2008, 01:28 PM
For real, tough and have very good hands. He is slowly getting recognition in the league but he is getting alittle older though.

hawkeye
07-25-2008, 01:33 PM
I was lucky enough to meet him on the plane coming home from the Dallas game. Class guy and very outgoing. I kept the conversation short because he was with a smokin hot lady - not sure if it was his wife or his girlfriend. I didn't have time to look for a ring on her finger because my eyes were glued to her backside. OUTSTANDING!

newdude
07-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I was lucky enough to meet him on the plane coming home from the Dallas game. Class guy and very outgoing. I kept the conversation short because he was with a smokin hot lady - not sure if it was his wife or his girlfriend. I didn't have time to look for a ring on her finger because my eyes were glued to her backside. OUTSTANDING!

He's married isn't he?

hawkeye
07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
He's married isn't he?

Dunno, don't care. Whoever she was, she was fine.

Martz
07-25-2008, 01:43 PM
He's married isn't he?

he is married

beast
07-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Driver is the man. I fear he lost a little last year, but he's still very good. And it might just look like tat because Jennings and Jones did so well.

newdude
07-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Dunno, don't care. Whoever she was, she was fine.

Lol, hopefully his wife doesn't see this, well if it wasn't her on the plane:D

newdude
07-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Driver is the man. I fear he lost a little last year, but he's still very good. And it might just look like tat because Jennings and Jones did so well.

I do think that's why his stats seems to decrease, bcuz we usually ran a more spread formation last season and the "big 5." And u know Favre usually spread the ball around alot, so at this point I don't think DD's skills are diminishing just yet.

beast
07-25-2008, 02:03 PM
I do think that's why his stats seems to decrease, bcuz we usually ran a more spread formation last season and the "big 5." And u know Favre usually spread the ball around alot, so at this point I don't think DD's skills are diminishing just yet.

I'm not talking about his stats. But your right about why his stats went down.

I'm talking about the film. He just looked a little(not a lot) slower. Maybe less than a half a step, but just look a little slower.

hawkeye
07-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Must have been the same film you were watching when you said that Jolly is a better player than CW. So now you watch film huh? Do you sit in on the meeting with the coaches and review tape? Good God it is painful reading your take on ANYTHING.

servais77
07-25-2008, 02:09 PM

I'm talking about the film. He just looked a little(not a lot) slower. Maybe less than a half a step, but just look a little slower.

Do you watch the Packers games over and over again on film? Thats weird.

I haven't seen Driver get caught from behind yet. Looks plenty fast enough to me but then again I am not studying film.

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 02:19 PM

Yeah he sure looked slow in the NFC Championship when he scored that TD and smoked the Giants secondary.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-5dXTZCgL7c

Did you hear Buck? Footrace, nuff said.

newdude
07-25-2008, 02:27 PM

Really? That's why I mistook what u said bcuz right now DD is still in good physical shape and is not slower, not even alittle. He's still mighty quick with cuts and dodging defenders.

Ryan Diesel
07-25-2008, 02:28 PM
When did Driver lose anything?? He had a great year, I love how that guy fights for yards. What games were you watching?

hughest4
07-25-2008, 03:11 PM

Yeah, i'm pretty sure you gave his wife a rating of 8.5 for the face, and 9.9 for the booty. Anyway, i still think DD is a great receiver and it didn't seem to me like he lost anything last year. It just seemed like the ball was getting spread around more because we had other legit options. He has never been a really fast guy, but is very quick

Martz
07-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Must have been the same film you were watching when you said that Jolly is a better player than CW. So now you watch film huh? Do you sit in on the meeting with the coaches and review tape? Good God it is painful reading your take on ANYTHING.

Looks like hawkeye might have found number 5 on his hitlist. :laugh2:

beast
07-25-2008, 04:04 PM

I know the truth hurts, but maybe one day, you'll be able to take it.

beast
07-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Really? That's why I mistook what u said bcuz right now DD is still in good physical shape and is not slower, not even alittle. He's still mighty quick with cuts and dodging defenders.

It's just an opinion guys. I didn't say he couldn't still out run everyone.

Just said he look a little slower. From last year when he was really fast, to now when he's still really fast, but just looked a tad slower to me.

He can still burn people, but that doesn't mean he's not a little slower than he was.

newdude
07-25-2008, 04:18 PM
It's just an opinion guys. I didn't say he couldn't still out run everyone.

Just said he look a little slower. From last year when he was really fast, to now when he's still really fast, but just looked a tad slower to me.

He can still burn people, but that doesn't mean he's not a little slower than he was.

Ur opinion is ur own, no problem. But it seems ur reaching with the "tad slower" part, bcuz u can't really determine the slight difference in speed during a game.

hawkeye
07-25-2008, 04:57 PM
I know the truth hurts, but maybe one day, you'll be able to take it.

More wisdom from The Shoeclerk.

servais77
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
More wisdom from The Shoeclerk.

Al Bundy

Martz
07-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Al Bundy

now your talking a man....a living legend....a guy who once scored 4 touchdowns in one city championship....

Ryan Diesel
07-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Whoah BUNDY

Brooke
07-25-2008, 05:52 PM
He is very underrated. I love him and I think he is one of the best WR's in the game and deserves some more respect than he gets

SDteacher
07-25-2008, 06:55 PM
There was a conversation abou his wife earlier. I found a pic of her with him. I don't think she looks that great. In fact she kind of looks like a she-man.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.communityjournal.net/images/Driverfamilymodeling.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.communityjournal.net/iwitness10_24_07.html&h=300&w=400&sz=21&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=4VAAMmUvNDOxfM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBetina%2BDriver%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_ENUS279

Richinillinois
07-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Driver's story growing up and his college career till now is one of the greatest I've ever heard....It also sounds like he's not forgotten were he came from by his over achieving career and his work ethic which I wish more of the players on the team had..

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Driver is the man. I fear he lost a little last year, but he's still very good. And it might just look like tat because Jennings and Jones did so well.I think its cause Jennings and Jones are picking it up a notch. So if they get the deep ball. Well that drive is over then for Driver stats.

SamG187
07-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Yea in the player comparison forums there is one that says overrated receivers, and some inbreed put DD and Hines Ward..I could believe it, 2 of the most underrated receivers I can think of in the last 20 years..DD is for sure a stud still tho, I honestly can't ever remember him dropping a pass....EVER haha

newdude
07-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Yea in the player comparison forums there is one that says overrated receivers, and some inbreed put DD and Hines Ward..I could believe it, 2 of the most underrated receivers I can think of in the last 20 years..DD is for sure a stud still tho, I honestly can't ever remember him dropping a pass....EVER haha

DD & Ward? wow, that dude is insane.