PDA

View Full Version : Favre Will Show Up For Camp

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2008, 11:26 a.m. EDT
Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Packers quarterback Brett Favre plans to show up for training camp. In order to do so, heíll first have to apply for reinstatement, via a letter that could be sent to Commissioner Roger Goodell as soon as Friday.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported earlier in the week that Goodell has advised the Packers that he will reinstate Favre upon request.

Schefter says that all indications are that Favre is returning with the intention of spending the season with the Packers.

But this could be a Jason Taylor-style attempt by the Packers and Favre to facilitate a trade by creating the impression that, if a suitable trade canít be worked out, the Packers will keep him.

So our guess is that Favre and the team will do what they can to create the appearance that fences have mended, in the hopes that someone will offer up a package that the Packers deems to be suitable.

Still, will anyone buy it? Only eleven days ago, Favre said that he didnít trust G.M. Ted Thompson, primarily because Thompson didnít accept Favreís advice on three occasion as to how Thompson should do his job.

Yeah, Favre on the Packers in 2008 will work out just fine. Eye roll. Cough. Fart. (Sorry, the cough made it slip out.)

Meanwhile, weíve got a PFTV segment assessing the Favre situation. Though it could be a bit outdated in light of this latest development, you can at least watch it to see how right (or wrong) our comments might end up being.

mlesnet
07-25-2008, 11:48 AM
ya, just saw the breaking news on nfl.com. hopfully this is true and he will play for the packers in 2008 and rodgers doesnt have a problem with it. i hope they will still not pull that back up bs from before though. we shall see

SDteacher
07-25-2008, 11:48 AM
wow

AMart717
07-25-2008, 11:49 AM
I have a feeling that number 4 will start on opening day in a green and yellow uniform. The packers are owned by the people in GB and they have to listen to what the people want. Do the right thing TT and DO NOT TRADE our hero!!!

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 11:50 AM
This is the best news I've heard in a while. As most of you know I want whats best for the Packers. If that means that Brett has to come back to the team and prove himself, I'm all for it. Yes, we all know this sucks for Aaron but non the less he's getting his coin and I think he would be feeling pretty damn good if he somehow beat out our beloved Favre.

hawkeye
07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2008, 11:26 a.m. EDT
Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Packers quarterback Brett Favre plans to show up for training camp. In order to do so, heíll first have to apply for reinstatement, via a letter that could be sent to Commissioner Roger Goodell as soon as Friday.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported earlier in the week that Goodell has advised the Packers that he will reinstate Favre upon request.

Schefter says that all indications are that Favre is returning with the intention of spending the season with the Packers.

But this could be a Jason Taylor-style attempt by the Packers and Favre to facilitate a trade by creating the impression that, if a suitable trade canít be worked out, the Packers will keep him.

So our guess is that Favre and the team will do what they can to create the appearance that fences have mended, in the hopes that someone will offer up a package that the Packers deems to be suitable.

Still, will anyone buy it? Only eleven days ago, Favre said that he didnít trust G.M. Ted Thompson, primarily because Thompson didnít accept Favreís advice on three occasion as to how Thompson should do his job.

Yeah, Favre on the Packers in 2008 will work out just fine. Eye roll. Cough. Fart. (Sorry, the cough made it slip out.)

Meanwhile, weíve got a PFTV segment assessing the Favre situation. Though it could be a bit outdated in light of this latest development, you can at least watch it to see how right (or wrong) our comments might end up being.

Could it be that TT finally realized that bringing back #4 is the right thing to do? As maddening as it is with Brett's wavering the last 3 years, he has done more for the franchise and community than TT will ever dream of doing. I just don't see how this can work out with Rodgers still in town. Unless like you said, it's a Jason Taylor like Ploy to get a deal done somewhere else.

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Could it be that TT finally realized that bringing back #4 is the right thing to do? As maddening as it is with Brett's wavering the last 3 years, he has done more for the franchise and community than TT will ever dream of doing. I just don't see how this can work out with Rodgers still in town. Unless like you said, it's a Jason Taylor like Ploy to get a deal done somewhere else.

Those werent my words, I just posted what I found.

It's the right thing to do even though both sides have ****ed this thing up from day one. I don't think that Brett needs to show up to camp just to be traded. I'm pretty sure that all he needs to do is ask to be reinstated by sending in a letter to the Packers and to the league office. (Goodell)

Warpy1981
07-25-2008, 12:04 PM
I still don't see him being here under someone he dosen't "trust." Just hope we don't wind up trading steve young away and keeping joe montana for only one year. Not saying that rodgers is that good, but we really don't know.

Martz
07-25-2008, 12:07 PM
One thing we have to worry about if Brett comes back for us. The Madden curse. WOulnd't that be something. He comes back to the Packers after all of this then goes down with an injury?

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Take it back Martz, take it back!:box:

newdude
07-25-2008, 12:14 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!! There are rumors that Aaron Rodgers is currently placed under suicide watch.

:P J/K, but still good news, shows that there is progress.

beast
07-25-2008, 12:18 PM

Why does everyone keep think it's TT. Favre could of come back it anytime, if only he files the papers with the NFL office.

TT has nothing to do with Favre coming back. Favre could of come back at any time TT has no control over it.

hawkeye
07-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Why does everyone keep think it's TT. Favre could of come back it anytime, if only he files the papers with the NFL office.

TT has nothing to do with Favre coming back. Favre could of come back at any time TT has no control over it.

I'm fully aware that Brett must file the papers. I was talking about TT bringing him back as a PACKER and NOT trading him. You're so blind in your loyalty to this "In over his head" GM that you need to slow down and actually read what people are saying.

beast
07-25-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm fully aware that Brett must file the papers. I was talking about TT bringing him back as a PACKER and NOT trading him. You're so blind in your loyalty to this "In over his head" GM that you need to slow down and actually read what people are saying.

Hello TT already Welcome Favre back as a Packer, and Favre asked for his release.

It's blind to understand Favre was welcomed back as a Packers, asked for his release, and then rumored to go talk to the Vikings (which nether the Vikings or Favre have yet to say other wise, as far as I know)?

Favre was been welcomed back as a Packers, for a long time now, he just hasn't show up, and has asked to get out of there.

Martz
07-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Take it back Martz, take it back!:box:

LOL!!!!

This could also mean that he is going thru the motions of being reinstated and showing he wants to play this year. Although this article is great to read, and it gives hope that Favre may be wearing the green and gold again, this could be the first step in him being traded.

Martz
07-25-2008, 12:37 PM
This day in the NFL (at nfl.com)

July 25, 1997
The Green Bay Packers re-signed quarterback Brett Favre to a 7-year, $50 million contract. Favre would retire a Packer after the 2007 season.

Coincidence?

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 12:40 PM
LOL!!!!

This could also mean that he is going thru the motions of being reinstated and showing he wants to play this year. Although this article is great to read, and it gives hope that Favre may be wearing the green and gold again, this could be the first step in him being traded.

Yeah it's still probably too early to call but man it sounds promising. Schefter is on his **** when it comes to reporting whats happening. If it was anyone else breaking this I wouldn't be as excited. The whole time that I've heard him commenting on the Favre story he has basically maintained his thought that Brett will be a Packer or stay in Mississippi.:)

RcrkllrH2
07-25-2008, 12:42 PM
i say this is a good thing, brett (maybe) coming to camp

and i say its a good thing because then the situation could be OVER

i really dont care what happens, if brett is our qb awesome we are going to the super bowl.....if brett isnt our qb awesome we are going to start a great coupla seasons with a great young qb

but im mostly happy this might happen because its the first REAL step in a good long time closer to getting this done

Brooke
07-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Best news I heard all day. Go Brett!

uncfan44
07-25-2008, 12:54 PM
I hope this isnt just a ploy!!! you know any end to this situation so pac nation knows whats goin on will be welcomed. i am deff stoked it seems favre is commin back. I hope they make him compete bc beating out rodgers will silence everyone up.

hawkeye
07-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Hello TT already Welcome Favre back as a Packer, and Favre asked for his release.

It's blind to understand Favre was welcomed back as a Packers, asked for his release, and then rumored to go talk to the Vikings (which nether the Vikings or Favre have yet to say other wise, as far as I know)?

Favre was been welcomed back as a Packers, for a long time now, he just hasn't show up, and has asked to get out of there.

You still don't get it. Nevermind.

Cullksinikers
07-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Please don't trade the guy! He is our hero, and can easily take us to a division title at the least. All I ask is 1 more year and then you can let Rodgers start.

iam brett favre
07-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Wow I have so many mixed emotions.. happiness that he's back in the NFL and sadness that i doubt he'll stay with the packers :cry:

Martz
07-25-2008, 01:05 PM
I hope this isnt just a ploy!!! you know any end to this situation so pac nation knows whats goin on will be welcomed. i am deff stoked it seems favre is commin back. I hope they make him compete bc beating out rodgers will silence everyone up.

I'm not getting my hopes up until week 1 and i see number 4 come out of the tunnel.

beast
07-25-2008, 01:07 PM
You still don't get it. Nevermind.

I get it, I just disagree you. TT welcome Favre back to the Packers, because he know what was best for the Packers, and that was Favre back. But Favre didn't want to come back to the team, and asked to get his release. TT knew that wasn't smart for the team and said no. So TT has been doing the right thing, his job.

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 01:16 PM
I get it, I just disagree you. TT welcome Favre back to the Packers, because he know what was best for the Packers, and that was Favre back. But Favre didn't want to come back to the team, and asked to get his release. TT knew that wasn't smart for the team and said no. So TT has been doing the right thing, his job.

Favre doesn't want to be a back up to anyone. Get your head out of the sand and stop being so black and white. Brett has always wanted to be a Green Bay Packer. He didn't want to play for another team but if the team (TT) doesn't want him and he wants to play, well you tell me what he should do. Exactly, then he will have to play for another team. Loosen up that grip you have of TT balls and try and see it from both sides. The guy wants to play and that's that.

Brooke
07-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Favre doesn't want to be a back up to anyone. Get your head out of the sand and stop being so black and white. Brett has always wanted to be a Green Bay Packer. He didn't want to play for another team but if the team (TT) doesn't want him and he wants to play, well you tell me what he should do. Exactly, then he will have to play for another team. Loosen up that grip you have of TT balls and try and see it from both sides. The guy wants to play and that's that.

Bingo!! Brett Favre is no backup after all he has accomplished and did for that team he deserves better than that

hawkeye
07-25-2008, 01:25 PM

No, you STILL don't get it. I am done with you. No response is necessary.

iam brett favre
07-25-2008, 01:37 PM
It sounds like Favre might be going to the jets :sigh:

beast
07-25-2008, 01:37 PM

I know Favre wanted to be a Packer. But he wanted to be a starter first a Packer second.

He should of come back to the team (as the back-up), and compete for the starting spot (which I think we all know he can win).

I see it from both sides, I just disagree with Favre side. TT could have done things a lot better.

And the balls commit was stupid, and unneeded.

beast
07-25-2008, 01:39 PM
No, you STILL don't get it. I am done with you. No response is necessary.

What don't I get? Tell me? Should Favre be able to do what ever he wants just because he's Favre? or should he be treated like a player on a team?

Brooke
07-25-2008, 01:44 PM
It sounds like Favre might be going to the jets :sigh:

maybe not Brett has to approve any trade. I don't see him as New York kind of guy. He wants to win now and the Jets isn't it, it doesn't help the Jets are in the same division as the Pats

The Packers were always his #1 option, it is the Packers who wanted him gone

I was watching TV here in GB and he wants to be in Green Bay for the Packers, he definitely thinks this team could go to the Super Bowl

Martz
07-25-2008, 01:49 PM
maybe not Brett has to approve any trade. I don't see him as New York kind of guy. He wants to win now and the Jets isn't it, it doesn't help the Jets are in the same division as the Pats

I was watching TV here in GB and he wants to be in Green Bay for the Packers, he thinks this team can easily go to the Super Bowl.

That's what i'm thinking. Maybe he realized how much he wants to win another big one and that the Packers are his best options. All the super bowl contenders (except maybe minnesota) have established QBs. He isn't going there.

beast
07-25-2008, 02:00 PM

I was watching TV here in GB and he wants to be in Green Bay for the Packers, he definitely thinks this team could go to the Super Bowl

The Jets seem to do good every other year. And they have spent a lot of money, and don't have a starter yet.

But I don't see him wanting to go to the Jets ether.

The Packers didn't want him gone. They wanted him to make a decision, and stick with it, for they could plan for the future. They even welcome Favre back as the starter after that. But Favre said no. Then Favre wanted to come back, and TT said we moved on, but your welcome back to the team with Rodgers as the starter. Favre asked for his release.

Now if the Packers were going let Favre compete for the job, then Favre is wrong

Now if the Packers weren't going let Favre compete for the job, then TT is wrong

But no one knows weather if had the chance to compete or not.

That's what happen.

v3n0m
07-25-2008, 02:12 PM
LOL, as usual, Favre got his quote of good press on the media in general, and the story always ends up in the same thing... Favre coming back...

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 02:20 PM
LMAO

You guys are great!:clap:

Martz
07-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Well if you think I am dumber for reading his posts then it is TT's fault

If I think I am dumber for reading his posts then it is Favre's fault.

i'm so confused now...why am i supposed to be dumb?

LOL

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 02:28 PM
:laugh:

hawkeye
07-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I'll apologize now - prior to the threat of permaban.

billybill77
07-25-2008, 02:48 PM
I read an article about the timeline that TT had put together about the whole Favre saga. Brett retired in early March, then in late March wanted to come back (which the Packers were willing to let him come back) only to change his mind again! I love Favre and if he would have originally said he was coming back, I would have no issues with him being the starting QB. But how can you blame TT for not wanting to have to deal with uncertainty every other week. I don't think that TT or Favre knows what #4 wants to do, thats why he moved on. The fact of the matter is, he is NOT bigger than the Packers (nobody in any sport is bigger than the team) and has no right to any personel or coaching decisions that are to be made. TT is the general manager and I think that he has done a very nice job. Also, I think that it would be great if they traded him to the Jets! Could be a few more draft picks out of a guy that may not have played this season for the Pack anyway!

hughest4
07-25-2008, 03:37 PM
I'll apologize now - prior to the threat of permaban.

Instead of apologizing, either don't say it or at least edit your posts before i get a chance to read them haha. You might not agree with what he says but he shouldnt get made fun of like this either..just don't read his posts. This is a very important subject and now the thread is kind of ruined. I guess its time to start deleting some stuff.

And i wouldn't want you perma-banned, i enjoy reading what you have to say

Martz
07-25-2008, 03:55 PM
crap...i go away for a lunch break and look what i've missed. now i can't read it.

iam brett favre
07-25-2008, 04:05 PM
crap...i go away for a lunch break and look what i've missed. now i can't read it.

:laugh2: yeah same here

newdude
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Wow, is this the most posts that's been deleted in a single page?

iam brett favre
07-25-2008, 04:08 PM
isn't it normal to have 11 posts deleted on a single page lol?

beast
07-25-2008, 04:14 PM
isn't it normal to have 11 posts deleted on a single page lol?

It's a shame that they had to be deleted. Hopefully people can control them self and not post thing that have to be deleted.

Rtardz
07-25-2008, 04:23 PM
whats crazy about Brett to the Jets talk. A buddy of mine who is a Jets fan was up in NY the night Brett was on the late night show, and my buddy had attended a play that night, and Brett walked in after coming off the show and my buddy got to meet him, and asked him how he liked NY and Brett said its fine, and my buddy was like how about the Jets? and he said Brett just laughed and walked off. Kinda weird story but weird coincidence.

Martz
07-25-2008, 04:27 PM
If he gets traded...does the Madden cover get changed?

iam brett favre
07-25-2008, 04:41 PM
No to the madden cover, and KFFL said Favre doesnt have any interest in playing for the Jets.

newdude
07-25-2008, 04:42 PM
If he gets traded...does the Madden cover get changed?

Nope, the game is done, they already got basically everything wrapped up. No point in reprinting millions of covers again.

hawkeye
07-25-2008, 04:50 PM
It's a shame that they had to be deleted. Hopefully people can control them self and not post thing that have to be deleted.

Each post was slamming you, and they were all VERY funny. I'm sure you wouldn't have liked them if you had seen them. One of the remarks was about your grammar. You still make my head hurt when I read your inane remarks and reviews, but I'll stop for now. Hopefully people will control them self (as you would say).

RcrkllrH2
07-25-2008, 05:08 PM
is brett even allowed at camp being that he isnt a part of the team?

newdude
07-25-2008, 05:13 PM

What do u mean?:confused: He's still under contract with the Pack.

Ryan Diesel
07-25-2008, 05:18 PM

As soon as he sends in his paperwork he'll be on the active roster. He's still a Packer, we own his rights. Oh yeah, P.S. Grammar police, you spelled Sheriff wrong.

RcrkllrH2
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
As soon as he sends in his paperwork he'll be on the active roster. He's still a Packer, we own his rights. Oh yeah, P.S. Grammar police, you spelled Sheriff wrong.

oh....i didnt know that we still owned his rights, even though hes retired...makes sense though

and yes i know i spelled sheriff wrong....that was the joke:D

Martz
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
When he gets reactivated, that means we have to drop a person right? Last i heard we're at the limit. Or we're at 79 and waiting for Grant to sign.

Ryan Diesel
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah we own them for the next two years. Ok, I get it, it would be better if you spelled Grammar wrong like grammer or something.

RcrkllrH2
07-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah we own them for the next two years. Ok, I get it, it would be better if you spelled Grammar wrong like grammer or something.

better? :D

Cullksinikers
07-25-2008, 06:17 PM
4avre for 1 more year.

beast
07-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Each post was slamming you, and they were all VERY funny. I'm sure you wouldn't have liked them if you had seen them. One of the remarks was about your grammar. You still make my head hurt when I read your inane remarks and reviews, but I'll stop for now. Hopefully people will control them self (as you would say).

Really I would have never guessed. I bet they were real funny and low life things to say. But I can't blame you for acting like you are.