PDA

View Full Version : Don't be Suprised if....

LetsGoKnicks123
07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Don't be surprised that the NBA starts losing players to international teams. The difference is the NBA pays taxes but international teams don't pay taxes that is why they are able to offer so much $$. I wouldn't be surprised if Stephon Marbury goes off to Italy to play to promote his sneaker company. Stephon Marbury clearly stated this last year. I'm sorry to say this but I feel the same for LeBron James, I wouldn't be surprised if he left the NBA in 2010, maybe for more $$, to promote his sneaker company as well as his basketball career. All I know is International Teams are making it hard to refuse their offers. Write what you feel.

ChitownbullsBG7
07-25-2008, 11:13 AM
If you think that the STARS will leave then you been smoking too much.

I have no doubt in my mind that those players that dont see playing time will go over there but also know that they all made sure they had buyout clauses.

TicTac Sir?
07-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Why would LeBron ever go to Europe, thats the most absurd statement ever.

MG3
07-25-2008, 11:34 AM
LeBron will never play outside of the N.B.A.

yojoe792
07-25-2008, 11:36 AM
:confused:

Lebron??

He'll only be making around $24 mill in 2010. If that's not enough for him something is wrong.

TheShock45
07-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Why would LeBron ever go to Europe, thats the most absurd statement ever.

from what we know as of now lebron james is not a greedy piece of **** soo yea its absurd he would go over seas

but if he does become money hungry then its gonna be hard to refuse taking a boat load of money from a team in russia ( i dont know why but russia has tons of money now)

MiamiHeat
07-25-2008, 11:55 AM
wow your an idiot

innovator
07-25-2008, 12:08 PM
very funny thread

Thatruth32
07-25-2008, 12:24 PM
some players will go but i dont think stars.... money is tax free there

argo
07-25-2008, 12:31 PM
I won't be surprised, but Lebron going over would be a stretch. Some people would say you were crazy a couple of years ago if you told them David Beckham would be playing in the US today. The thing is, Soccer is growing here and it needs stars. Basketball is also growing fast in Europe and Asia, and they've got the money and population to be successful.

Calling the guy that posted this thread an idiot proves your ignorance. It's time to wake up and recognize that the economy in the US (and the value of the US dollar) is in big trouble and that playing over here is no longer the definitive number one option.

bogdanrom
07-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Why is everyone saying that the Stars will never go to Europe. You don't know. Remember a couple of years ago when everyone was saying that why will anyone that can play in the NBA go overseas. After this summer, do you see why. I'm not saying that kids will grow up wanting to play in Europe. Saying that Lebron will NEVER go to Europe is palin stupid and ignorant. If he wins NBA Championships and if he wants more money, which he does, and a another European team will give him more money he might go. Why does everyone think that he will never leave the NBA? It's a business people. Wake up and realize that, beacause most of these players don't carea bout glory like Ruselll, Jordan and many others. They care about money. Jason Kidd and Marbury said that they will go there and play. And Wade said that if a team offered him a $40 million per year he will leave immediately.
I still think that it will take Euroleague at least 10 more years before it can even say it will compete with the NBA. Realistically more like 15 or 20. The most important factor to determine this are the first players to go there, you know big "stars", like Brandon Jennings, and Josh Childress.

Westbrook36
07-25-2008, 02:52 PM
:bla: Im tired of hearing the "Dollar Is tanking", Just stop. Seriously If you think The dollar will keep tanking then your CRAZY. Im 99% Sure that things will turn around. The dollar is at a low yes, but that dosnt mean that it cant go up?

njnets
07-25-2008, 03:06 PM
lebron to europe? thats just stupid. next thread please.

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 03:07 PM
:bla: Im tired of hearing the "Dollar Is tanking", Just stop. Seriously If you think The dollar will keep tanking then your CRAZY. Im 99% Sure that things will turn around. The dollar is at a low yes, but that dosnt mean that it cant go up?

yeah, the dollar would be worth less in Israel, but the Israel National Bank keeps on buying millions of dollars to make it go up.... something about the Israeli economy depending on the dollar or some garbage like that

BADizzleBoY
07-25-2008, 03:08 PM
haha, you are all wrong, lebron WILL be in europe in 2010.

midwestmadman
07-25-2008, 03:13 PM
When did this turn into an economics blog? Hey let's talk about the Dow Jones Industrial and then the S&P. Seriously I understand some players may go over there but the one's that leave for money won't be NBA Superstars. So far we have Josh Childress who has left, but I don't think money was the only issue there being Atlanta and all. Besides I wouldn't be referring to him as superstar. I can see former NBA superstars that aren't currently on a team going and playing over seas guys like Gary Payton, or maybe Sam Cassell. Guys that want to keep playing but teams don't have the roster space etc.

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 03:14 PM
baskenomics make the world go round

durqtitan
07-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Let me start by saying that I do not think any stars will leave the league. The NBA has too much history and most of the stars today grew up watching Magic, Bird, and MJ. They want to make a legacy that will compare to those basketball legends. On the other hand, if I may play devilís advocate here, is this really that bad of an idea from a marketing stand point. David Beckham blazed a path; leaving the soccer-capital of the world for L.A., and he went from being famous in Europe to being a worldwide celebrity. The initial shock of Lebron leaving America would be immense, but he would skyrocket to maybe being the most famous athlete in the history of the world. As I said, I honestly do not think it would every happen, but maybe the other side of the argument is not as preposterous as it appears to be upon first glance.

daleja424
07-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Don't be surprised that the NBA starts losing players to international teams. The difference is the NBA pays taxes but international teams don't pay taxes that is why they are able to offer so much $$. I wouldn't be surprised if Stephon Marbury goes off to Italy to play to promote his sneaker company. Stephon Marbury clearly stated this last year. I'm sorry to say this but I feel the same for LeBron James, I wouldn't be surprised if he left the NBA in 2010, maybe for more $$, to promote his sneaker company as well as his basketball career. All I know is International Teams are making it hard to refuse their offers. Write what you feel.

shut your face...:D

Westbrook36
07-25-2008, 03:17 PM
yeah, the dollar would be worth less in Israel, but the Israel National Bank keeps on buying millions of dollars to make it go up.... something about the Israeli economy depending on the dollar or some garbage like that

Yeah we all know that the U.S is trying to bring the prices up and we dont know what goes on behind the doors. I mean they could already have a plan that they are working on to make the Dollar Go up. Im sure we will be fine and the Dollar will go up. I can really see the U.S setting up some new law that WOW'S everyone. I really think we are instore for some real changes.

argo
07-25-2008, 03:22 PM

Argh... I don't want to turn this into a political thread, but in this case, economics are affecting the issue of NBA players choosing to play overseas. I just think you would be naive to think that all the stars feel they need to play in the NBA.

And no, I'm not CRAZY:speechless:. $7+trillion of debt and rising is not a good sign that the dollar's going to go back up any time soon.

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 03:23 PM
why doesnt anyone post in the FIBA Forum :cry:

Westbrook36
07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Argh... I don't want to turn this into a political thread, but in this case, economics are affecting the issue of NBA players choosing to play overseas. I just think you would be naive to think that all the stars feel they need to play in the NBA.

And no, I'm not CRAZY:speechless:. $7+trillion dollars of debt and rising is not a good sign that the dollar's going to go back up any time soon.

Im not saying that they feel that they need to play in the NBA, Im saying that your talking like the Dollar will not turn it around and that the U.S is doomed..We will be fine and the Stars of the NBA stay in the NBA

You really think other parts of the country dont have problems with money? Im 100 Percent Sure that other countrys have problems too.

It's not 7 Trillion In debt..When Iraq is done that goes down and many others things will be done. I dont think it's 7 Trillion..Thats a Exaggeration

Tom Stone
07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
So far alot of the offers to nba players that go over seas seem to be around 7 mill max...and there getting good players....but i don't think they can match 20 mill contracts....mabey im wrong, but I don't think so....that's why Lebron won't go over.

Westbrook36
07-25-2008, 03:27 PM
why doesnt anyone post in the FIBA Forum :cry:

Neverrr!

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 03:29 PM
youre talking about international basketball, you might as well do it in the appropriate forum

argo
07-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Im not saying that they feel that they need to play in the NBA, Im saying that your talking like the Dollar will not turn it around and that the U.S is doomed..We will be fine and the Stars of the NBA stay in the NBA

You really think other parts of the country dont have problems with money? Im 100 Percent Sure that other countrys have problems too.

It's not 7 Trillion In debt..When Iraq is done that goes down and many others things will be done. I dont think it's 7 Trillion..Thats a Exaggeration

Do some research... I've seen figures as high as $9.6 trillion.

Any money made from the Iraq war is not going back to the American gov't to pay off debt. Some may go towards the high interest loans from the Federal Reserve (a private corporation). The bulk of any profits gained from that war will end up in the hands of private multi-national corporations that dont give a **** about patriotism, national debt, or basketball.

Chronz
07-25-2008, 03:51 PM
The lure of the NBA will always be greater than the euro league, Ill believe what you say when I see an NBA Superstar defect.

m26555
07-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Why is everyone saying that the Stars will never go to Europe. You don't know. Remember a couple of years ago when everyone was saying that why will anyone that can play in the NBA go overseas. After this summer, do you see why. I'm not saying that kids will grow up wanting to play in Europe. Saying that Lebron will NEVER go to Europe is palin stupid and ignorant. If he wins NBA Championships and if he wants more money, which he does, and a another European team will give him more money he might go. Why does everyone think that he will never leave the NBA? It's a business people. Wake up and realize that, beacause most of these players don't carea bout glory like Ruselll, Jordan and many others. They care about money. Jason Kidd and Marbury said that they will go there and play. And Wade said that if a team offered him a $40 million per year he will leave immediately.
I still think that it will take Euroleague at least 10 more years before it can even say it will compete with the NBA. Realistically more like 15 or 20. The most important factor to determine this are the first players to go there, you know big "stars", like Brandon Jennings, and Josh Childress.
Well if what you're saying is true, then that proves how little these guys actually care about winning.

Westbrook36
07-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Do some research... I've seen figures as high as $9.6 trillion.

Any money made from the Iraq war is not going back to the American gov't to pay off debt. Some may go towards the high interest loans from the Federal Reserve (a private corporation). The bulk of any profits gained from that war will end up in the hands of private multi-national corporations that dont give a **** about patriotism, national debt, or basketball.

Im not saying we gain money from the War, Im saying we wont spend as much money as we are now because the war will be over. We will get loads from Iraq and Beceoms Partners with them, Helping with oil and gas.

argo
07-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Im not saying we gain money from the War, Im saying we wont spend as much money as we are now because the war will be over. We will get loads from Iraq and Beceoms Partners with them, Helping with oil and gas.

"We will get loads"? Who is We?

I'm sorry, I hope you're right.
I'd really like to get back to distracting myself with basketball talk ;)

Westbrook36
07-25-2008, 04:24 PM
"We will get loads"? Who is We?

I'm sorry, I hope you're right.
I'd really like to get back to distracting myself with basketball talk ;)

Im a U.S Citizen, The U.S is run where WE the people are involded.

The U.S Will Be Fine, Im 100% Sure that some HUGE Changes are going to happen.

Young_Josh
07-25-2008, 04:32 PM
You cannot honestly say Lebron is going to a euro legue...in my opion his fan base will go down because americans will hate him for it. :mad: This is a guy who has a chance of being on the same level as Jorden..hes not going anywhere!

Rome
07-25-2008, 04:33 PM
LeBron will never play outside of the N.B.A.

Never being the key word. Even with all the tax cut Lebron is gonna make bajillions. Him going overseas would kill the NBA and ruin his legacy he is trying to create. In 20 years we'll be talking about Lebron James like we talk about his airness himself right now. But overseas teams are grabbing alot of attention from players.

_Sn1P3r_
07-25-2008, 04:46 PM
I don't see any stars going to Europe. Maybe like role players but not stars. Stars of every team will be the first priority to be paid a lot to keep them there.

Young_Josh
07-25-2008, 04:52 PM
The fact that star players are trying to be in the same sentance as the best players...They can do that overseas!

Westbrook36
07-25-2008, 04:57 PM
You dont see young stars going "My Dream is to play in the Euro League" It's "My Dream is to someday make it in the NBA"

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 05:32 PM
some of them have a dream making it to the nba through the Euroleague or the Euro Cup

bogdanrom
07-25-2008, 05:35 PM
You dont see young stars going "My Dream is to play in the Euro League" It's "My Dream is to someday make it in the NBA"

It doesn't mean it can't change. This is just the beggining.
Plus why is everyone here an economic expert.

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 05:38 PM
I know absolutely nothing about economics or politics, I just make it up as I go along

and I wouldnt be surprised if Michael Finley went to Greece

Bosh=nextKG
07-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Stars won't go to Europe unless they are European. Why go over there? Everyone dreams of playing in the NBA. NBA teams send their youngsters over to Europe to improve. Winning the NBA Championship is a big deal and no one would give up that chance to play in Europe.

Westbrook36
07-25-2008, 07:06 PM
It doesn't mean it can't change. This is just the beggining.
Plus why is everyone here an economic expert.

Dosent mean that the U.S Dollar wont turn it around? I Highly Doubt Any Star Leaves the NBA to play in a Euro League..

argo
07-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Im a U.S Citizen, The U.S is run where WE the people are involded.

The U.S Will Be Fine, Im 100% Sure that some HUGE Changes are going to happen.

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, no more please. You really are naive.

Let's stick to talking basketball shall we?

Westbrook36
07-26-2008, 01:32 AM
That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, no more please. You really are naive.

Let's stick to talking basketball shall we?

It's Really the Semi-Truth. Too Blind to see it? :shrug: :pity:

DeShaun Brown
07-26-2008, 02:03 AM
The only way you'll ever see Lebron play a game in Europe is if it is with the olympic team or a NBA exhibition game. Hell, we'll see the NBA put a team in Europe before we see LeBron join the Euroleague.

KB24PG16
07-26-2008, 02:44 AM

quit drinkin the kool aid com on lebron how much more is europe going to offer him that cavs net or knicks are going to hes going to be the 2nd most paid player in the nba after kobe because hes going to be a FA too if he doesnt opt next year