PDA

View Full Version : Trading Deadline

bigity b
07-25-2008, 10:09 AM
I believe the deadline is next week - the 31st, right? Anyone heard any semi-legit trade rumors involving the O's? The Brian Roberts stuff has pretty much gone away, but what about Sherrill and Payton (among others)? Those were two guys making trade gossip news earlier in the year... any leads?

Serkes27
07-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Sherrill seems to be the hot topic these days...

I think I saw somewhere the Brewers bowed out after A-Mac wanted either Hardy or Escobar in return...

Driven
07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
I think Sherrill WILL be traded, and we'll get a shitload for him. Way too much for him. Some team will be desperate. Possibly Boston.

You would think Huff would be a candidate to be traded, but all you really hear about is Sherrill.

The Rockies offered Clint Barmes for Guthrie, and the O's said no... thankfully.

Serkes27
07-26-2008, 12:47 AM
I think Sherrill WILL be traded, and we'll get a ****load for him. Way too much for him. Some team will be desperate. Possibly Boston.

You would think Huff would be a candidate to be traded, but all you really hear about is Sherrill.

The Rockies offered Clint Barmes for Guthrie, and the O's said no... thankfully.

Yea I saw that too...throw in Franklin Morales and i'd consider...

Driven
07-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Barmes is nothing. I'd rather have Cintron starting than him.

Dashtary
07-26-2008, 09:54 AM
I just dont understand why the o's would put huff and millar on the block, they are good guys. As much as I like Brian Roberts I would be more than happy to get so really good prospects out of him. Also, I think the O's should trade Sherrill you could get some really good prospects out of him too. But truly I think that guys like cabrera, huff, millar, guthrie, and hernandez will stay

Dashtary
07-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I really think that if the O's trade b-rob and sherrill they could get great prospects that will be part of the future

bigity b
07-26-2008, 10:23 AM
If colorado is offering barmes, i would have figured out a way to make it work. of course, Guthrie is our only pitcher who can go 7 inninings consistently so thats out the window unless they overwhelm us, but I really like barmes. He's been in the major's, and is still young, and there are no other SS out there to fill our hole.

Dashtary
07-26-2008, 10:44 AM
no i wouldnt trade guthrie

Dashtary
07-26-2008, 10:44 AM
hes been pretty consistent

Dashtary
07-26-2008, 10:46 AM
unless we get a deal that we cant refuse

Driven
07-26-2008, 04:29 PM
I just dont understand why the o's would put huff and millar on the block, they are good guys. As much as I like Brian Roberts I would be more than happy to get so really good prospects out of him. Also, I think the O's should trade Sherrill you could get some really good prospects out of him too. But truly I think that guys like cabrera, huff, millar, guthrie, and hernandez will stay
Millar is a FA after this year. Huff has one more year and is overproducing. If Huff has a big second half, the O's have to trade him in the offseason.

Driven
07-26-2008, 04:30 PM
If colorado is offering barmes, i would have figured out a way to make it work. of course, Guthrie is our only pitcher who can go 7 inninings consistently so thats out the window unless they overwhelm us, but I really like barmes. He's been in the major's, and is still young, and there are no other SS out there to fill our hole.
Barmes is nothing. He's not good. He had one good year, which was in Coors Field mind you. His MLB stats suck, as do his minor league stats. I'd rather trade Guthrie for someone who actually has value.

bshone
07-27-2008, 01:38 AM
Barmes is nothing. He's not good. He had one good year, which was in Coors Field mind you. His MLB stats suck, as do his minor league stats. I'd rather trade Guthrie for someone who actually has value.

You're right. Plus, he's been a bit fragile. He has had a couple nagging injuries that suggest he's not durable.

Billy Griffin
07-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Sherrill and Huff to the Braves for Texiera and a AAA pitching prospect.

bshone
07-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Sherrill and Huff to the Braves for Texiera and a AAA pitching prospect.

Honestly, I don't think that would have been a good deal (even if Tex were still available). The way Huff is hitting the ball makes me think he might actually be worth more to hold onto than Tex. And I'm talking Huff ALONE. In other words, 1.5 years of Huff is better than 1/2 year of Tex. Especially since we're 10+ games out of first.