PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad first outing by our 1st rounder:

hoog
07-25-2008, 06:21 AM
Ryan Perry, our first pick in this years draft, had himself a nice little first inning warm up in the GCL. He pitched one inning of relief, where I hope they keep him, and he had three strike outs with no hits or walks. I think you'll see this guy move up fast through our system. Another guy that had another good outing is Cody Stterwhite our second pick. He matched Perry's inning and now sits at Lakeland with 3 saves and 8 strike outs in 6 innings of work. They've already moved him once and he seems to have jumped over Noah Krol in the minor league relief pitching pecking order. They are both college guys that can move up fast. Keep an eye on them!

Bondomania
07-25-2008, 10:39 AM
perry most likely will not stay in relief... considering most of the guys they drafted this year are hard throwing relief guys, i expect perry to be given an opportunity to start and see if they can develop him as a starter first, and if he struggles there then they are going to move him back to the pen.. the guy didn't start pitching until he was a freshmen in college, so he still has a lot to learn, and i wouldn't expect him to stay in the pen... the only reason he is there right now is because they want to keep him in a similar role that he was in at Arizona, so he doesn't overwork his arm...

smarkow
07-25-2008, 11:25 AM
i think at least for this year, he'll be in the pen. the tigers may need him as a pen guy late in the year.

Sheffies Chef
07-26-2008, 04:05 AM
i seriously doubt you'll see perry dawning the olde english d any earlier than mid-2009 as a sept. call-up... POSSIBLY. regularly, your looking at him being in the big leagues consistently around '10 probably either as a starter or reliever. probably depending on what zoom does in the future (sp or closer). perry will probably do what zoom doesn't. if zoom becomes the closer, perry will probably become a starter. if zoom starts again, look for perry to close in the future.

Bondomania
07-26-2008, 11:21 AM
if perry is in the pen then he starts next year with the club.. he has major league stuff already, and could actually be called up this year as a september callup.. however, if they go the starter route, then don't expect him to be here until 2010

One Nut Kruk
07-26-2008, 12:45 PM
I thought the plan was to call him up in September. I hope so.

smarkow
07-28-2008, 07:57 PM
I thought the plan was to call him up in September. I hope so.

I think it depends on the situation in september.

Bondomania
07-28-2008, 09:06 PM
i think he will be up in september, most likely out of the pen.. might not be used very much though similar to miller