PDA

View Full Version : Ellis resigns with Golden State

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 06:08 AM
The Golden State Warriors have found their replacement for All-Star point guard Baron Davis -- and they didn't have to look far. Thursday night, the Warriors signed Monta Ellis, their 22-year-old restricted free agent, to a six-year, $67 million contract.

Ellis

Ellis is receiving one of the largest raises in NBA history. As the 40th player selected in the 2005 draft, Ellis was paid just $770,610 last season. He will earn $11 million in 2008-2009.

"We are absolutely thrilled to have Monta under contract for the next several years," Warriors vice president of basketball operations Chris Mullin told The Associated Press. "He has been one of the top young players in the NBA for the last two years and enjoyed a tremendous season last year. The growth that he has demonstrated at such a young age is incredible and we look forward to him playing a big part in our future success."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3504378

thedon
07-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Did you really expect him to come to the heat as a restricted free agent?? The Warriors already had to watch Arenas walk away for nothing a few years ago, and they also lost Davis this summer. There was no way GSW was going to let Ellis be next.

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Did you really expect him to come to the heat as a restricted free agent?? The Warriors already had to watch Arenas walk away for nothing a few years ago, and they also lost Davis this summer. There was no way GSW was going to let Ellis be next.

i didnt get my hopes up as much as a lot of people on here did. it was a nice possibility to consider..had some hope..not a lot but had hope. i figured once davis left that was it for us. oh well.

DQL
07-25-2008, 11:29 AM
I don't care about this. Right now our primary target is Okafor and Josh Smith

MiamiHeat
07-25-2008, 11:46 AM
thats good, he wasnt the PG we need and i like biedrins better :D

DQL
07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
thats good, he wasnt the PG we need and i like biedrins better :D

Briedrins is heading to Europe. Russian teams are willing to pay him like $15 mil over 6 years more than what GS can. Take him out of your mind. Plus Okafor will fit better

BALLER71
07-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I don't care, he's a shoot first PG and was a product of that offense.

MiamiHeat
07-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Briedrins is heading to Europe. Russian teams are willing to pay him like $15 mil over 6 years more than what GS can. Take him out of your mind. Plus Okafor will fit better
take off josh smith out of your mind, we aint getting him:cool:

DQL
07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
take off josh smith out of your mind, we aint getting him:cool:

why not? At least Josh Smith won't go to Europe and he wants sign-and-trade. I'm willing to give him $12 mil a year

MiamiHeat
07-25-2008, 12:22 PM
why not? At least Josh Smith won't go to Europe and he wants sign-and-trade. I'm willing to give him $12 mil a year

okay true true, but we need okafor more than smith

DQL
07-25-2008, 12:28 PM
okay true true, but we need okafor more than smith

now I can agree w/ you on something :cool:

Master Mind
07-25-2008, 01:31 PM
There's an article saying that the Nets are looking to move Stromile Swift and/or Sean Williams...They're looking for a 3rd PG and a shooter...

Maybe Dorell Wright and Chris Quinn would do....If not then maybe add Cook...

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 03:21 PM
There's an article saying that the Nets are looking to move Stromile Swift and/or Sean Williams...They're looking for a 3rd PG and a shooter...

Maybe Dorell Wright and Chris Quinn would do....If not then maybe add Cook...

i was thinking the same thing..the fans on the NJ were somewhat content with Wright but said they were stacked at the SF position and wanted a shooting guard instead. a cook/quinn(banks) for sean williams would do. unlikely but dream scenario for me would be banks/cook for swift and williams.that would be too good to be true but it gets rejected on the trade machine lol

daleja424
07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
i was thinking the same thing..the fans on the NJ were somewhat content with Wright but said they were stacked at the SF position and wanted a shooting guard instead. a cook/quinn(banks) for sean williams would do. unlikely but dream scenario for me would be banks/cook for swift and williams.that would be too good to be true but it gets rejected on the trade machine lol

banks/cook/2nd rounders for swift/williams is my dream scenario too...

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 03:41 PM
banks/cook/2nd rounders for swift/williams is my dream scenario too...

yea..i'd die. i like it so much i'm very tempted to do the trade on my nba2k season right now LOL

daleja424
07-25-2008, 03:46 PM
yea..i'd die. i like it so much i'm very tempted to do the trade on my nba2k season right now LOL

haha!!! Nets fans would SHI* on this though.... they are pretty high on Williams... but I would love to get swift and one of the young bigs... (either williams or boone)

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 03:47 PM
let me send u a scenario i sent to someone to get ur thoughts. a tad bit far fetched but nice to imagine

daleja424
07-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Ya thats a little to thin at the guard location for my liking... it would probably mean resigning williams and/or davis... but the starting lineup is pretty tight dude!

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Ya thats a little to thin at the guard location for my liking... it would probably mean resigning williams and/or davis... but the starting lineup is pretty tight dude!

i know..needs to be tweaked a lil more but damn. would solve our down low game big time lol. not sure how much cap space that would leave us..didnt bother to do the math on all that. wouldnt mind signing arroyo if we could..somehow get reddick..but yea..the startin 5 would be crazy dope lol.

Gazza_Flash03
07-25-2008, 04:05 PM
already put this up last nite, but u guys keep goin on bout trading with new jersey and this is the best scenario that works. a trade with banks wont work..

Plus we could get okafor come on riles do it, do it.

Amare in 2010

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=829~3239~3196~2184&teams=14~14~17~17&te=&cash=

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 04:12 PM
already put this up last nite, but u guys keep goin on bout trading with new jersey and this is the best scenario that works. a trade with banks wont work..

Plus we could get okafor come on riles do it, do it.

Amare in 2010

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=829~3239~3196~2184&teams=14~14~17~17&te=&cash=

ur basically asking for a Chalmers/Wade/Beasley/Amare/Okafor lineup..:speechless: lol. wade will cost like 18-21 mil per year. amare same thing..okafor around 12-14 mil per year..then beasley's raise. wow lol

King Koopa
07-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Then we just S/T Jason to Orlando for JJ...

Pg Mario/Banks
Sg Wade/JJ
Sf Marion/Jones
Pf Beasley/Swift or Sean
C Sean or Swift/Who ever doesnt start.../ Zo

Nasty lineup and then were still in line to get a Top free agent in 2010.... I hope riley pulls that off.

King Koopa
07-25-2008, 04:13 PM
ur basically asking for a Chalmers/Wade/Beasley/Amare/Okafor lineup..:speechless: lol. wade will cost like 18-21 mil per year. amare same thing..okafor around 12-14 mil per year..then beasley's raise. wow lol

I think he will take less in order to have a good team.... And if we get Amare why would we need okafor.

Master Mind
07-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Then we just S/T Jason to Orlando for JJ...

Pg Mario/Banks
Sg Wade/JJ
Sf Marion/Jones
Pf Beasley/Swift or Sean
C Sean or Swift/Who ever doesnt start.../ Zo

Nasty lineup and then were still in line to get a Top free agent in 2010.... I hope riley pulls that off.

I think this has a good chance of happening, I like it alot...

And killer sig koopa :D

Gazza_Flash03
07-25-2008, 04:25 PM
yeh i meant if we dont get okafor then get amare in 2010.. and that woz my trade idea so yeh.

Chalmers
Wade
Marion - should get wallace from bobcats
Beasley
Williams....Amare in 2010

Diehardheatfan
07-25-2008, 05:09 PM
We need to keep Wright. If we dont we will regret it. He needs a real chance. You will then see how he will help our squad

Master Mind
07-25-2008, 05:30 PM
We need to keep Wright. If we dont we will regret it. He needs a real chance. You will then see how he will help our squad

4 years is more than a good chance...

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 06:04 PM
ok the scenario i came up with..a bit fair fetched and i know i know..needs tweaking on who would go where and what not...and would leave us short on guards..but yea..u never know..tweaked it cuz someone had a good idea with Haslem..not taking credit so yea.

Miami and Bobcats trade:

Marion and Wright, 2nd rounder for Okafor,Wallace,S&t for derek anderson

Miami and NJ trade:

Haslem,Cook,2nd rounder for Swift,Williams

contract wise..looks like it'll work out. Benefits both teams. we'd have crazy dope depth with big men but like i said..short on guards but starting five is SICK

chalmers/banks
wade/anderson
wallace/jones
beasley/swift/powell
okafor/williams/anthony/blount (zo in jan)

s&t jwill for reddick? who knows. just an idea. dont criticize it only. fix it. i took one idea and made one of my own..lol. Heat fans working together :clap:

Gazza_Flash03
07-25-2008, 07:32 PM
sounds alrite but why would we want derek anderson, he not exactly good, and in the new jersey trade we wudnt have to give them a 2nd rounder. I wos the one who suggested that trade w n.j anyway so its not like you came up with the scenario..

but i agree with us getting okafor and wallace, definatly should be done

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 07:37 PM
sounds alrite but why would we want derek anderson, he not exactly good, and in the new jersey trade we wudnt have to give them a 2nd rounder. I wos the one who suggested that trade w n.j anyway so its not like you came up with the scenario..

but i agree with us getting okafor and wallace, definatly should be done

damn that's ur name. gazza lol. i was tryin to think of it and was too lazy to look back on the NJ trade lol. my bad. but yea. took ur idea and expanded it pretty much. i just threw derek in there cuz ***. without cook. unless we resigned davis. who would be our shooting guard??? lol. dats why i said it needed to be tweaked more. i mean for now. if we could have dat starting 5 and dept with the big men..i'll take a derek anderson for short term!

Gazza_Flash03
07-25-2008, 07:44 PM
yeh suppose dnt really wanna resign ricky davis. we would be short of guards with chalmers and quinn who i dnt see as are starter or even backup..

Even if we get williams and swift and/or okafor and wallace we still need a solid pg..

Chalmers
Wade
Wallace
Beasley
Okafor

Chalmers
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Williams

which ones better, which one you want. Personally i want the top one, add a pg and we're a scary team this year.
Wot you reckon

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 07:49 PM
top one for sure. a wallace,beasley,okafor (if healthy) is a young talented team that should contend and should keep wade here after 2010 in my opinion. the PG position, yeah..could use upgrade but a lot of people said that about Rondo and look what happend. i mean having chalmers and the weak guards for one year is not bad. u figure..wade,wallace,beasley,okafor are there to stay. andre miller is a free agent next year for example. a miller/wade/wallace/beasley/okafor is a #1-#3 seed in the East hands down. if we could keep Sean williams,jones,chalmers to anchor the bench..yeah..that's good ****. we wouldnt have to dive in to the Lebron sweepstakes. look at boston..pj brown. cassell. eddie house. posey. they saw what they were doing..and they joined them. you build it..they will come lol

Gazza_Flash03
07-25-2008, 08:09 PM
yeh sounds good but even if we get okafor and williams i would love to see Amare STAT here in 2010 rather than lebron easy, i dont even like lebron and STAT, Wade, Beasley - wot can you say......

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 08:49 PM
well as of right now i see Beasley more as a PF than SF..think he needs to have quicker foot work in order to keep up with a lebron or pierce at the SF position. definitely has the body to bang with them but i think a lot of SF's off the dribble will blow past him. So that's why for now i'd take him at PF. Not to mention his perimeter shooting will draw a big man out for the opposing team.

Diehardheatfan
07-26-2008, 01:36 AM
4 years is more than a good chance...

Not really playing 30 minutes a game is a chance. Not 4 years of DNP or 15 minutes