PDA

View Full Version : Vujavic and Biedrins looking at Europe

DeeJay
07-25-2008, 05:16 AM
Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic is prepared to leave the team and accept an offer from a European team in the next few days if the Lakers don't make him an offer he deems fair, according to a source.

The source said Vujacic is seeking a multiyear deal from the Lakers averaging about $5 million a year. Vujacic was hoping for a six-year deal, but anticipated it could be a shorter contract. If Vujacic goes overseas, and it's a real possibility, the Lakers will certainly miss his outside shooting. Their depth will also be hurt by the loss of Ronny Turiaf and Vujacic. And with the trend of solid NBA players heading out of the country and the referee scandal, David Stern is going to have his hands full in the upcoming months.
Source: Los Angeles Times

The Contra Costa Times' Marcus Thompson reports that several European teams are interested in Warriors center Andris Biedrins, and are said to be in hot pursuit of the unsigned big man.

Russian teams are said to be willing to offer Biedrins, a native of Latvia, somewhere in the neighborhood of three- to five-year deals worth about $10 million per season. And Thompson speculates that the best offer the Warriors will throw out there might be six years and $48 million. It's possible the exodus of Josh Childress from the NBA might get the Warriors to up the ante, but it's also possible that Biedrins could continue the trend of solid NBA players bolting for Europe. And if it happens, Ronny Turiaf, Al Harrington or Kosta Perovic might be starting in the middle for Don Nelson.
Source: Contra Costa Times

both per Rotoworld

Kings Faithful
07-25-2008, 05:25 AM
Im sick of players wanting to bolt to Europe. Do they know what loyalty is??

dirk206
07-25-2008, 05:31 AM
We'll both these guys happen to be under 25 and haven't exactly gotten paid like superstars. They have the chance to be financially set with the contracts European teams are offering them so you can't really blame them. Plus, if the team was so loyal to them, they'd have signed them by now.

lakerboy
07-25-2008, 06:06 AM

Yes they know. Their loyalty goes to their families.

AllTheWay
07-25-2008, 06:08 AM
Hmmm...If Sasha leaves what options are left

lavis
07-25-2008, 06:09 AM

What a ****ing loyalty does a latvian guy have for USA?!?!

Or a team that doesn't value them as much as a team closer to their home?

Tell me, I'm curious. Since the only real backstab in recent years was by american Carlos Boozer.

dark_angel#8
07-25-2008, 06:23 AM
Big money is at stake and the teams in NBA couldn't find a way to match the millions of dollar that were offered to them by teams in the europe...

innovator
07-25-2008, 06:28 AM
dont leave sasha! and basketball is a business more money is better

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 06:47 AM

well, maybe Dirk Nowitzki should take his German Loyalty and play for... uh, well the best team in Germany, which would be Brose (had to check that up :D )

Tblaze
07-25-2008, 07:16 AM
I just really hope this doesn't turn into the soccer-like leagues here in europe, where the teams that pump in the most money have the best teams.. That would really annoy me...

J-Relo
07-25-2008, 07:28 AM
both European born players... why not go back to Europe, especially when you get really solid contract here?...

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 07:32 AM
I just really hope this doesn't turn into the soccer-like leagues here in europe, where the teams that pump in the most money have the best teams

sounds like a team I know of :rolleyes:

_Sn1P3r_
07-25-2008, 09:32 AM

Clearly yes. Their loyalty is to their families back in Europe, where they came from.

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 09:36 AM
anyone else notice that the thread title says Vujavic? :)

arlubas
07-25-2008, 09:44 AM

Do their NBA teams have loyalty in them? Nope, they'd trade them in a heartbeat if an interesting deal to them came up. So why should they be loyal? This is a business plain and simple. Plus it's not like these players said anything like "I'll be a Laker/Warrior for life" or that "I'd like to finish my career here".

DeeJay
07-25-2008, 09:46 AM
anyone else notice that the thread title says Vujavic? :)

my bad, but I have a good excuse, the C and V are next to eachother on my keyboard. :)

Tom81
07-25-2008, 09:52 AM

Tell me, I'm curious. Since the only real backstab in recent years was by american Carlos Boozer.

agreed

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 09:58 AM
my bad, but I have a good excuse, the C and V are next to eachother on my keyboard. :)

you think my keyboard is different? :D

its cool, dont worry

DeeJay
07-25-2008, 10:24 AM
you think my keyboard is different? :D

its cool, dont worry

thats why I put the smiley heh.

BALLER71
07-25-2008, 10:28 AM

:pity:
They are European.
And plus the money is bigger

BALLER71
07-25-2008, 10:34 AM
HS players should go to Europe.
The game is tougher than college ball and they'll get paid.

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 10:43 AM
thats why I put the smiley heh.

oh....

so... Vujacic and Biedrins back in Europe would be decently interesting

Dirty Dirk41
07-25-2008, 10:44 AM
How can you blame them....There F.A and see these other F.A signing with other NBAteams for good money while no-one is lookin at them....They should go. if you can rake in 10 millions per season you do it. Im sorry

ackar
07-25-2008, 10:56 AM

it is a business! You want top dollar for your services. The franchises give lowball offers which to us may seem fair to play ball but because of the way RFA is structured there is no real competivness for their servoces so teams lowball them and play the waiting game. With the coming of the European leagure going after quality guys it makes it better for the RFa so teams can deal in good faith and not stick it to them. It really is a win/win if you look at it. Teams offer a true fair contract and the players signs and be happy and not whine about how he had no choice to sign the crappy deal he signed.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Let them bolt. Then they know there opportunity’s of showcasing there skills in the NBA will be gone. Teams will no longer draft Europeans or they will put stipulations in there contracts that won't allow them that option as restricted free agents. I highly doubt he would leave though. Unless they blew him out of the water with a ridiculous offer!

QUICKTRADE
07-25-2008, 11:22 AM
its an open markets people and all players playing whereever league are all seeking for a better future of their families.

mamba24
07-25-2008, 11:29 AM

haha wow... someone needs to think before they type and make sure it makes sense... especially when they try to cuss...that was some funny stuff... made my morning

king4day
07-25-2008, 11:32 AM
haha wow... someone needs to think before they type and make sure it makes sense... especially when they try to cuss...that was some funny stuff... made my morning

I'm pretty sure everyone got the point. No need to waste a post mocking grammer.

Goon.Weezy
07-25-2008, 11:42 AM
this is exactly like the NHL now...wid players goin to Europe cuz they gettin ridiculous contracts

MiamiHeat
07-25-2008, 11:45 AM
no biedrins come to the miami heat :D

arkanian215
07-25-2008, 04:55 PM

i believe a lot of our players were in europe before they came here. so youre saying they shouldve stayed in europe instead of coming here?