PDA

View Full Version : MUST HAVE for Tigers -- Roy Halladay

Michstfan30
07-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Its reported that Halladay is available, this is a guy we cannot pass up on. I am not sure what it would take to land this guy but he one of the best pitchers out there. This should be a no-brainer to grab him but what is it gonna take?

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-3/1216874131106220.xml&coll=1

cantstopthee
07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
something retarted like verlander

hoog
07-25-2008, 06:06 AM
If your going after him you better be ready to throw in Porcello and another big time prospect. I'm not sure I'm willing to do that just yet. Although, with the way we draft it wouldn't be out of the question.

Tragedy
07-25-2008, 10:02 AM
something retarted like verlander
What do you mean "********"? I'd trade Verlander for Halladay in a heartbeat.

But he's not available, so lets all forget it.

Bondomania
07-25-2008, 10:49 AM
i think he means like ******** good.. the blue jays have made it known as well as halladay that he isn't happy and the blue jays have called a few clubs to guage interest...

now that being said, i would NOT deal Verlander for Halladay, Verlander still has a TON of good years a head of him, we are talking about a guy that in 2 1/2 years has wracked up 43 wins... the last three years their stats are very comparable... and if it weren't for justin's rough start he would probably have better stats this year..

In order to get Halladay we would have to clear out every play worth something in our farm system.. and i am not prepared to do that, considering we just did it for cabrera, willis and renteria.. we need to restock our system and DD has done a solid job so far.. but we can easily get out bid on halladay by most teams, due to lack of depth in our farm system of elite prospects..

smarkow
07-25-2008, 11:20 AM
agreed. halladay just won't happen. and i'm not trading verlander for halladay. a guy who's been pretty dominant in the league for 2+ years for a guy thats been playing for 10. i'm going with the young guy. if we could somehow get halladay for a reasonable price, then fine. i wouldnt want to give up Porcello though.

smarkow
07-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Jason Stark: "Interestingly, other clubs that have spoken with the Blue Jays say they'll talk about anybody. But when the conversation turns to, say, Roy Halladay, the conversation ends fast."

brandonwarne52
07-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Miller and Mayb....wait.

Gww
07-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Halliday is not going anywhere... Toronto has no reason to trade him, has a couple years left on this deal at reasonable price and the minor leauges in pitching are a bit thin now so they'd need a major leauge ready pitcher in return. Plus they are not that far away from being real contenders.

You'd need to make an unbeleiveable offer to get started with talks. Same with any other club.

Bondomania
07-26-2008, 02:42 AM
oh wait, we traded maybin and miller for the the best hitter under 25 in the game.. i would rather have used maybin and miller for cabrera.. at least we get to enjoy him for 8 years.. Halladay, who would have known

stanpapi
07-26-2008, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't trade Verlander for Halladay. Verlander is a better value with no history of real arm problems. Halladay (although I do bow to him) ends up on the shelf every other mid-season or so. Sorry, I just see more upside with Verlander. Plus, I do believe that he is and will continue to get better. Doc has more or less peaked.

Bondomania
07-26-2008, 11:19 AM
exactly, with Halladay we know how good he is.. but with Verlander, he is still getting better year to year.. i mean for how poorly this guy started off, he still has a legit shot at 15 wins on the season..

cantstopthee
07-26-2008, 02:10 PM
What do you mean "********"? I'd trade Verlander for Halladay in a heartbeat.

But he's not available, so lets all forget it.

no just stop please..

were talking about a guy that has upside leading to anyone you can think of.

halladay has 4 more 15 win seasons in him,verlander 10-15 haha(prolly over dramatic? lol)maybe though?? if health stays on his side.

JackB
07-26-2008, 05:22 PM
What does prolly mean?

GeraldRFord
07-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Halladay is the franchise player, and he isn't going to any team cheap.

cantstopthee
07-27-2008, 02:53 AM
ugh? im drunk and aint gunna even do this