PDA

View Full Version : Your Trade Deadline Hopes

EH4L
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
This is where you guys should post what you HOPE happens before the deadline. Well, for me it may seem rather subtle but this is it. Trade Uribe to the Red Sox for Cora, he can give Alexei some rest at second base, because we don't have Ozuna anymore, and Uribe plain sucks. Also, this gets rid of Uribe's salary and can put us in better shape to do some shopping.

I don't like the whole prospects for Brian Roberts, Alexei Ramirez IS our second baseman of the future, he is playing a career year and he's a rookie. This guy is going to be big in a few years if he stays healthy. I also don't like the other garbage rumors about Washburn and Lowe, in my opinion their washed up pitchers, and we would instead of upgrading our pitching be screwing it up. We would also be losing Cabrera in either of those deals, and I don't know if I'm the only one here, but I actually like him.

I do like the Duchscherer rumors for obvious reasons, THIS is the guy we need to replace Contreras with in our rotation. I wouldn't even mind trading Poreda and Fields and maybe throwing something else in there for Duchscherer and Street. I don't think losing Fields hurts us HORRIBLY either because I think Crede is going to be our 3rd baseman for years to come and I'd hate to see Fields rotting in AAA.

So...yeah, that's pretty much it for me, I would like to see what some others have to say.

alew510
07-25-2008, 01:16 AM
^i agree with everything you say
i would love to get duchsherer
he is great right now and only 30 while contreras is like 60

and i have been tellin everyone alexei is goin to be a star

GrinderBall41
07-25-2008, 10:10 AM
This is where you guys should post what you HOPE happens before the deadline. Well, for me it may seem rather subtle but this is it. Trade Uribe to the Red Sox for Cora, he can give Alexei some rest at second base, because we don't have Ozuna anymore, and Uribe plain sucks. Also, this gets rid of Uribe's salary and can put us in better shape to do some shopping.

I don't like the whole prospects for Brian Roberts, Alexei Ramirez IS our second baseman of the future, he is playing a career year and he's a rookie. This guy is going to be big in a few years if he stays healthy. I also don't like the other garbage rumors about Washburn and Lowe, in my opinion their washed up pitchers, and we would instead of upgrading our pitching be screwing it up. We would also be losing Cabrera in either of those deals, and I don't know if I'm the only one here, but I actually like him.

I do like the Duchscherer rumors for obvious reasons, THIS is the guy we need to replace Contreras with in our rotation. I wouldn't even mind trading Poreda and Fields and maybe throwing something else in there for Duchscherer and Street. I don't think losing Fields hurts us HORRIBLY either because I think Crede is going to be our 3rd baseman for years to come and I'd hate to see Fields rotting in AAA.

So...yeah, that's pretty much it for me, I would like to see what some others have to say.

I also love OC, but Alexei's best position is SS, he's our SS of the future. If we get a 2B, Alexei will play SS.

I doubt we re-sign Crede after this year he's going to ask for waaaay too much money for a guy who doesnt hit consistently enough to hit anywhere but 8th.

As far as my HOPES... I hope that somehow we get a leadoff man and/ or another starter somehow. Figgins would be a good fit, IMO. But Ive discussed this 100 times before, so I wont :horse:

joedog10
07-25-2008, 10:31 AM
I don't know if any of you guys heard Joe Cowley on The Score this morning, but he said that Duchscherer is more of a third option for Kenny Williams, and that he's looking to include Fields in a package that would let him acquire a player to "put the foot on the throat of their opponents." While I like Duke, his track record just isn't there for me to want to give up the entire farm system to get him. He's having an unbeliavable year, no doubt, but I don't think he's a guy that really "puts us over the top." I'm not against trading our farm for him though, as long as he's more of a fall back option (which it sounds like he is).

The guy that I want is Roy Halladay, whom the Blue Jays have had quiet discussions about trading. If we are going to give up the farm, this is the guy that you do it for. Give them whoever they want: Fields, Poreda, Jose Martinez, Lance Broadway - it doesn't matter.

I'm not crazy about trading OC this late in the season and shifting Alexei over to SS, but the Orioles need a SS and maybe Cabrera plus a prospect can net us Brian Roberts.

GrinderBall41
07-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I don't know if any of you guys heard Joe Cowley on The Score this morning, but he said that Duchscherer is more of a third option for Kenny Williams, and that he's looking to include Fields in a package that would let him acquire a player to "put the foot on the throat of their opponents." While I like Duke, his track record just isn't there for me to want to give up the entire farm system to get him. He's having an unbeliavable year, no doubt, but I don't think he's a guy that really "puts us over the top." I'm not against trading our farm for him though, as long as he's more of a fall back option (which it sounds like he is).

The guy that I want is Roy Halladay, whom the Blue Jays have had quiet discussions about trading. If we are going to give up the farm, this is the guy that you do it for. Give them whoever they want: Fields, Poreda, Jose Martinez, Lance Broadway - it doesn't matter.

I'm not crazy about trading OC this late in the season and shifting Alexei over to SS, but the Orioles need a SS and maybe Cabrera plus a prospect can net us Brian Roberts.

It would take a lot more than that to net Roberts. Baltimore values him extremely high, and while hes a good player, he may not be worth everything they are asking for it. Also no way they want a rental SS they are way out of it.

Ive been a fan of getting Roberts, but if Halladay is available I sell sell the farm for him instead. He would take a lot... at least Fields, Poreda, Broadway and most likely 2 more prospects.

twplanck
07-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Alexei is a great player and will continue to be for a long time, but he seems to be making a few too many mistakes at second. So shifting him to SS in place of a gold glover wouldn't make any sense. Juan Uribe needs to have a little more respect from people because when he is on and not a complete head case he is one of the best shortstops. If he has a brain fart or hes pissed of for some reason he will hit sub .200 like he did earlier this year. As for trading him...I would go after some young talent that can develop in the minors for a few seasons. Bring Fields up to platoon with Crede about a 60% crede 40% fields. Thats so Credes back can hold up for a run at the WS. Also that could also be a fall back if Thome gets hurt or if we need a corner outfielder and Wise isn't hitting. The final thing I would like to say is that Mark Beuhrle should not get traded. We don't need anything from the pitching staff other than a little rest. Bring a few guys from the minors up to give them experience and make it a scouting opportunity or other clubs, and let people who have been pitching a ton time to rest for a late run. Thats a just incase if the Twins keep playing the kind of baseball that they shouldn't be playing. Just a few thoughts.

JDIsMyGod23
07-25-2008, 11:22 AM
I notice we have a ****load of new posters. Oh, the Trade Deadline is fun. White Sox Rumors on the Google search doing its job for PSD. :p

My hopes, is to improve and not lose Fields. Probably not going to happen.

sager729
07-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Please do NOT trade Fields and Poreda for Duchscher. I have said it more than once, the only way I trade Fields if it is for a young MLB ready pitcher. I would try to pry Matt Cain away from SF. I think the Sox keep Fields and if they want to resign Crede, they will do that first then they will trade Fields in the offseason. I would only trade my top trade pieces for an ace. But I wouldn't trade any of our young pitching in the majors right now.

pooriejay
07-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Alexei is a great player and will continue to be for a long time, but he seems to be making a few too many mistakes at second. So shifting him to SS in place of a gold glover wouldn't make any sense. Juan Uribe needs to have a little more respect from people because when he is on and not a complete head case he is one of the best shortstops. If he has a brain fart or hes pissed of for some reason he will hit sub .200 like he did earlier this year. As for trading him...I would go after some young talent that can develop in the minors for a few seasons. Bring Fields up to platoon with Crede about a 60% crede 40% fields. Thats so Credes back can hold up for a run at the WS. Also that could also be a fall back if Thome gets hurt or if we need a corner outfielder and Wise isn't hitting. The final thing I would like to say is that Mark Beuhrle should not get traded. We don't need anything from the pitching staff other than a little rest. Bring a few guys from the minors up to give them experience and make it a scouting opportunity or other clubs, and let people who have been pitching a ton time to rest for a late run. Thats a just incase if the Twins keep playing the kind of baseball that they shouldn't be playing. Just a few thoughts.

Where do I start...

1. Alexei is our best defensive infielder. A move to SS, his natural position and the reason the Sox signed him in the first place, is imminent. OC is gone this offseason, if not before.
2. Juan Uribe is not deserving of anyone's respect other than fondly remembering his spirited play in the 2005 postseason. He IS a complete headcase and his approach at the plate is the definition of a "brain fart." He's proven to be completely untradable, let alone for young talent; we got rid of Ozuna because we couldn't move his $4.5MM salary and his career .294 OBP and the Red Sox wouldn't part with Alex Cora for him.
3. Bringing up Fields to platoon with Crede will do a number of things, all of them bad. First and foremost, it pisses off Crede going into free agency, it makes it nearly impossible for him to find any kind of rhythm at the plate or in the field. Secondly, it could hurt Fields' trade value and/or confidence if he underperforms. Also, we'd have to send someone down to make room for Fields, likely BA or Wise... No thanks.
4. And where the hell did you hear anything about trading Buehrle??? Less than 0% chance of us trading our ace we just re-signed in the middle of perhaps his best career 10-start streak.

kwstriker299
07-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Where do I start...

1. Alexei is our best defensive infielder. A move to SS, his natural position and the reason the Sox signed him in the first place, is imminent. OC is gone this offseason, if not before.
2. Juan Uribe is not deserving of anyone's respect other than fondly remembering his spirited play in the 2005 postseason. He IS a complete headcase and his approach at the plate is the definition of a "brain fart." He's proven to be completely untradable, let alone for young talent; we got rid of Ozuna because we couldn't move his $4.5MM salary and his career .294 OBP and the Red Sox wouldn't part with Alex Cora for him.
3. Bringing up Fields to platoon with Crede will do a number of things, all of them bad. First and foremost, it pisses off Crede going into free agency, it makes it nearly impossible for him to find any kind of rhythm at the plate or in the field. Secondly, it could hurt Fields' trade value and/or confidence if he underperforms. Also, we'd have to send someone down to make room for Fields, likely BA or Wise... No thanks.
4. And where the hell did you hear anything about trading Buehrle??? Less than 0% chance of us trading our ace we just re-signed in the middle of perhaps his best career 10-start streak.

you forgot to mention that Uribe was a starter last year, and could not get his OBP over .300 :sigh: he is garbage, but has been alright off the bench this year, i will give him credit for that

Beuhrle wants to be here, is a horse, and has a NTC. Not getting traded.

sep11ie
07-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I notice we have a ****load of new posters. Oh, the Trade Deadline is fun. White Sox Rumors on the Google search doing its job for PSD. :p

My hopes, is to improve and not lose Fields. Probably not going to happen.

My thoughts exactly brother. I think this team here will make a big run at the W.S. so I don't wanna give up a future possible H.R. leader for a career year kind of guy.

1-800-STFU
07-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Halladay or Bedard.

Thats it. If we are going to improve make it by leaps and bounds

chitown712
07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I wouldnt take Bedard if you payed me.........Hes a prima donna and hes on the DL and pry wont be back until at least late August.....In other words, PASS

SholessBoJacksn
07-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Where do I start...

1. Agree about Alexi. However, moving OC now would be foolish. Even though he's proven to be a pud in the dugout, he's the type of player who will get the Sox to the playoffs and hopefully to the WS. Actually, the Sox need three more of him. Plus he stands to provide A-Level compensation if he bolts after the season. Worth way more than anything the Sox would get back in trade for the playoff push.

2. Bagging on Uribe is so overrated on this board. He's in a position where he can succeed and were he always should have been...as a utility infielder. He's a plus defender off the bench and can spell three crucial positions on the infield. The majority of his bad contact has already been paid so there's little to be gained there. With the offensive ups and downs of some of their more prominent players [PK, Swish, Thome], why are we still talking about Uribe's shortcomings at the dish?

3. Does anyone really care about pissing off Crede? He's gone and whoever signs him will regret it soon after. He's a good defender, an average hitter and has a knack for coming through in the clutch. Best of luck to him and his future team but he won't be worth the mega contract Borat gets him. Again, he's worth more to the Sox in terms of draft pick compensation than meeting his dickweed agents' astronomic demands.

If Josh Fields has such a weak psyche that a poor performance would affect him after the numbers he posted last season, then the Sox should move him. My thought is he should be pissed off that he was demoted after his '07 success and hopefully he's out to prove to the Sox' brass that he should have come North with the team in some capacity.

4. Buehrle will lead us home. In true stopper fashion, he came in and shut down the Rangers to end a losing streak. That's what your ace does and he's pitching like their ace. He's been standing on his head for the last two months right around the time Contreras and Vazquez started wetting the bed. All Hail MB!!!

whitesoxfan83
07-26-2008, 12:26 AM
what would i do at the deadline.....

the same thing i would have done 6 months ago trade crede and konerko.

realistically id like to see fuentes aquired BA or Wise gone (dont care how, trade, realease, demotion, whatever) and in there place another solid bench player to the roster.

if those two things happen ill be a happy sox fan