PDA

View Full Version : Players next to go to Europe????

hgtiger32
07-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Who are some players who you think will end up in Europe....look at the FA classes coming up

some of my ideas:

CLASS OF 09
JJ Reddick
Luke Ridinor
Patrick Ewing Jr.
Travis Outlaw
Marquis Daniels
Larry Hughes
Adam Morrison
Tony Allen

CLASS OF 10
Acie Law
Aaron Brooks
Jamaal Tinsley
Javaris Crittenton
Corey Brewer
Sebastian Telfair~interesting note...his brother or cuz plays on a Europe team
Jared Jeffreis
Willie Green
Thadeous Young
DeShawn Stevenson
Nick Young

CLASS OF 11
Kirk Hinrich
Ronny Turiaf

CLASS OF 12
Daniel Gibson
Luke Walton

These are just some ideas...that possibly...don't jump on me---but i can make a legit case for each....bunch of talented young players with potential who haven't sprung up yet

If there's others...or even if you think one of the above isn't ....give your reasons....so just discuss

daleja424
07-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Who are some players who you think will end up in Europe....look at the FA classes coming up

some of my ideas:

CLASS OF 09
JJ Reddick
Luke Ridinor
Patrick Ewing Jr.
Travis Outlaw
Marquis Daniels
Larry Hughes
Adam Morrison
Tony Allen

CLASS OF 10
Acie Law
Aaron Brooks
Jamaal Tinsley
Javaris Crittenton
Corey Brewer
Sebastian Telfair~interesting note...his brother or cuz plays on a Europe team
Jared Jeffreis
Willie Green
Thadeous Young
DeShawn Stevenson
Nick Young

CLASS OF 11
Kirk Hinrich
Ronny Turiaf

CLASS OF 12
Daniel Gibson
Luke Walton

These are just some ideas...that possibly...don't jump on me---but i can make a legit case for each....bunch of talented young players with potential who haven't sprung up yet

If there's others...or even if you think one of the above isn't ....give your reasons....so just discuss

Puh-Leassseeee! Most of these guys are friggen garbage man. Europe can have them!

hgtiger32
07-24-2008, 11:04 PM
garbage...yes i agree but some of them are young guys who could be stars in Europe...such as Reddick, Acie law, sebastian telfair, thadeus young, willie green, corey brewer, nick young, javaris crittenton

BADizzleBoY
07-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Hopefully noone, this may be the beggining of the end for the nba to be brutally honest.

daleja424
07-24-2008, 11:08 PM
garbage...yes i agree but some of them are young guys who could be stars in Europe...such as Reddick, Acie law, sebastian telfair, thadeus young, willie green, corey brewer, nick young, javaris crittenton

I could be a star in Europe. No but for real. The European leagues are like the minors for the NBA. I could see guys going Jennings in the future and going to Europe for a couple years to work on their game and then coming back to the NBA... but that will only make OUR game stronger...

I guarentee that Childress did not go to Europe with the intention of spending his career there...he wants to increase his worth and become an UFA in a year when more teams have cap space...

YounG BlooD
07-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Stop with this Europe ball BS.

lakerboy
07-24-2008, 11:24 PM
I've got a feeling once Starbury is bought out, he'll be off to Europe.

WillisLovechild
07-24-2008, 11:26 PM
i like how u just put a bunch of random guys. feel free to think that, but i highly doubt any more than 15-20% of them ever go to europe.

hgtiger32
07-24-2008, 11:30 PM
i just looked at FA's in the coming years...and guys that could want more $$$ and to improve..but yes i think more HS players will go to Europe and get paid :)

GunFactor187
07-24-2008, 11:38 PM
The only one on that list that I might agree with is JJ Redick, the others however, nope they all have at least some value one way or another to their respective teams.

Jay22Redd
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM
The only one on that list that I might agree with is JJ Redick, the others however, nope they all have at least some value one way or another to their respective teams.

I agree. I dont think alot of players are going to start going overseas

hgtiger32
07-24-2008, 11:57 PM
sounds cool---just checking to see who else will go....carl landry might go this year as well

BleedGreen1014
07-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Thad Young wont go, he is blossiming into a good player and will start for philly
Telfair just sigend a 3 year deal with twolves

Redick and Morrison i can see going

KG#1
07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
i hope morrison goes then ill never see his ugly face again

WillisLovechild
07-25-2008, 02:38 AM
i just looked at FA's in the coming years...and guys that could want more $$$ and to improve..but yes i think more HS players will go to Europe and get paid :)

now that i find more plausible. im curious to see if more will follow, kids who are insanely good at basketball, but just too dumb to get into college. the ones on the list i agree with is aaron brooks, and maybe jj reddick. reddick just needs a new team and i think he'll find his niche as a shooter. the class of '10 is a bit unrealistic. deshawn stevenson and nick young? i dislike stevenson, but i hear nick young is gonna be a big-time player in the future. if somebody is offered a lot more money like childress was, then i could definitely see it happening. im gonna miss that afro... :(

Master P
07-25-2008, 03:05 AM
the guys going to europe may be the garbage of the nba, but it's not like they will be replaced with gold. in reality they will be replaced with slower, fatter, dumber, smellier garbage.

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 04:07 AM
reports in Europe say that Dyamo Moscow are in talks with Delonte West and Sasha Vujacic.... atleast its not as bad as what the Greek teams were trying to get

narchi
07-25-2008, 04:08 AM
I would really like to see if the best two teams from NBA and Europe plays a final four to see who is really better, because basket in Europe is much better then most of you think.
Just look the results of your national team in the last few year and you will see everything. This year you have again really strong team, so If you won't win gold in Olympic team, then stop complaining about European basketball.
It's true that basketball in NBA is more atractive, but this is because the diffence is not on the same level as in Europe. Also the tactics in Europe is on much higher levels.

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 04:16 AM
I would really like to see if the best two teams from NBA and Europe plays a final four to see who is really better.

the best 2 NBA teams will win, there is (almost) no doubt about that

we'll have to see after this season which are actually the best teams in Europe, and whether going after what some of you called the NBA "garbage" was worth it

narchi
07-25-2008, 04:30 AM
I'm really not so sure. You were 100% sure that you will win also the last world title, but you didn't. So I'm not sure that LA or Boston will win so easy against CSKA Moscow. Messina is one of the best tactician in the world and judges from Europe will see even what judges from USA never decide as a fault.

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 04:37 AM
I'm really not so sure. You were 100% sure that you will win also the last world title, but you didn't. So I'm not sure that LA or Boston will win so easy against CSKA Moscow. Messina is one of the best tactician in the world and judges from Europe will see even what judges from USA never decide as a fault.

hey, I didnt say they'd easily win

I just said that I'm almost sure they'd win

by the way, from the looks of my sig and avatar do you really think I'm American?

narchi
07-25-2008, 05:32 AM
First I was thinking that you're from Israel, but I'm not sure because of your location

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 06:41 AM
I am from Israel, but I'm spending the summer in Connecticut doing absolutely nothing

anyways, the summer after the clippers had that good playoff run (2 or 3 years ago) they got crushed by CSKA, I fell asleep during the game :D

narchi
07-25-2008, 07:11 AM
I agree with you that games in NBA are more atractive, but tactics and everything else is IMO still on "our" side. So when Olimpija (Slovenia) have the best results, they played very good defence. And that was the key.
I wish you great time in USA.

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 07:17 AM
I wish you great time in USA.

thanx, ProSportsDaily also has an International Basketball section if you want to share some insight there

http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142

_Sn1P3r_
07-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I've got a feeling once Starbury is bought out, he'll be off to Europe.

I think so too. Unless he is willing to get a pay cut and go to a contender or something.