PDA

View Full Version : Garbo and Delfino get reunited in Russia

JWalk126
07-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Euro Cup

One of the best forwards in Europe will make his Eurocup debut this season after world champion Jorge Garbajosa joined BC Khimki for two years on Tuesday. Garbajosa earned All-Euroleague honors in 2003.

for complete article Click Here (http://www.ulebcup.com/ulebcup/home/news/i/34038/448/item)

The Wise 1
07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I thought he was going to play for his old team? I also thought we bought him out and structured it so that the buyout and whatever he was going to sign for in Spain would equal the money he was going to get from us this year. Now he goes and signs for more money somewhere else? Im only assuming its for more money because I remember reading that he had a soft spot for the team in Spain and that they were still favourites in signing him even though he had better offers in Russia.

So if my assumption is true, I say **** you.

JWalk126
07-24-2008, 10:46 PM
I also thought he signed in Unicaja, but he didnt

The Wise 1
07-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Did he end up signing for more money?

JWalk126
07-24-2008, 11:01 PM
thats the problem with the Euroleague and Eurocup websites... they never give that info, but sport5 reports that he signed for 3 million euros a season

jdot22
07-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Good Luck Garbo! Wish you could've been healthy and in Toronto ....

LittleBosh
07-25-2008, 10:32 AM
I honestly don't give it a **** where he ended up being signed, for how much and how long. What does matter to me is the fact that he was a solid expiring contract with a situation potentially attractive to other teams, which could've transpired into a better quality patching of one of the holes on the roster. I'm not sure I understand why buying him out was of such a paramount importance and how the team is now better off on and off the court going forward.

The Wise 1
07-25-2008, 02:23 PM
I honestly don't give it a **** where he ended up being signed, for how much and how long. What does matter to me is the fact that he was a solid expiring contract with a situation potentially attractive to other teams, which could've transpired into a better quality patching of one of the holes on the roster. I'm not sure I understand why buying him out was of such a paramount importance and how the team is now better off on and off the court going forward.

Thats what I was saying when it happened also. I find it hard to believe there wasnt a team out there looking for around 4.5 mill off the books next season. Add that to Parkers contract and Grahams and you have 10 mill in expiring contracts.

_Sn1P3r_
07-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Best of luck there Garbo and Delfino.

Ragun
07-27-2008, 10:25 PM
best of luck to both guys. hopefully delfino comes back to toronto later on with much better player.