PDA

View Full Version : Score One For the NBA in the Signings Battle vs. Europe

JWalk126
07-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Source: The Sporting News

Not to make this all Europe, all the time, but for you steadfast separatists and Amero-centrists, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and his name is Bobby Brown. The former Cal State Fullerton guard, whom many thought would have cracked the NBA last season, signed with the Kings despite being avidly pursued by a Euro powerhouse.

For complete article, Click Here (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/8917/score_one_for_the_nba_in_their_battle_vs._europe)

daleja424
07-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Please there is no battle at all... SO what they got Josh Childress... whoopdy do...when CP3, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, or some other supstar goes to play in the minor leagues of Europe...then there might be a battle, But losing Childress does not a Battle make...

*Superman*
07-24-2008, 09:45 PM
The Battle for Bench Warmers...Sounds good to me.LOL

BADizzleBoY
07-24-2008, 09:49 PM
He is an all star caliber player :)

JIDsanity
07-24-2008, 09:51 PM
The Battle for Bench Warmers...Sounds good to me.LOL

Actually Childress will be an all star in in the league he went to, that's why they payed him so much.

BADizzleBoY
07-24-2008, 09:57 PM
No they paid him so much becuase europe sucks so much, he is like god, in europe of course.

NYMets27
07-24-2008, 09:58 PM
besides childress all of the players who went over r europeans anyhow there is no battle

kazzy4080
07-24-2008, 10:16 PM
dominos are starting to fall, it might just be childress now, but lets say he does well, that means another european team will get desperate and get someone from the nba and so on. also with european teams offering crazy money (especially since the euro destroys the ****** US dollar), i think you will see more and more nba players going to europe, i dont think they'll ever get the huge superstars though

hgtiger32
07-24-2008, 10:19 PM
this bobby brown guy...played against Wisconsin in the Tourney...and is DAMN good

daleja424
07-24-2008, 10:22 PM
they dont have hude money though. They just offered Childress the biggest contract in Euroleague history I believe...and it was for a total of 20 mil at like 7 mil a year... Its not like anyone who is a rotation player in the nba would choose to go to europe and play in obscurity for a 20 mil dollar contract... unless theres no money here

plus childress has an early termination option after every year. I garentee he will be back next summer looking at a bunch of teams with more cap space...

argo
07-24-2008, 11:24 PM
No they paid him so much becuase europe sucks so much, he is like god, in europe of course.

Nice, educated post. What does it suck on?
Childress has a nice game and is a class act. He'll have fun over there I'm sure.

Losing players to Europe, Russia, etc., should be the last of your worries. Now that the American dollar is tanking for reasons I won't get into, you can expect some of your "stars" to soon end up leaving, as well as a lot of other things...

Jay22Redd
07-24-2008, 11:49 PM
lol its funny how people think the euroleague and nba are fighting for players

JWalk126
07-24-2008, 11:51 PM
its funny how people think

thats true

bogdanrom
07-25-2008, 12:19 AM
they dont have hude money though. They just offered Childress the biggest contract in Euroleague history I believe...and it was for a total of 20 mil at like 7 mil a year... Its not like anyone who is a rotation player in the nba would choose to go to europe and play in obscurity for a 20 mil dollar contract... unless theres no money here

plus childress has an early termination option after every year. I garentee he will be back next summer looking at a bunch of teams with more cap space...

I hope you're not talking about Europe because they got money, trust me. Look at soccer. The contracts there are nothing compared to NBA.

cambovenzi
07-25-2008, 12:29 AM
I hope you're not talking about Europe because they got money, trust me. Look at soccer. The contracts there are nothing compared to NBA.

the basketball demand is not that of soccer in europe, or of basketball in the US.
they cant afford to give out huge contracts.