PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone trade LBJ for Dwight Howard?

*Superman*
07-24-2008, 07:34 PM
With all the talk that LBJ will leave the Cavs, would anyone trade Lebron for Dwight straight up? I know it sounds crazy, but whats your take on it.

Right now, talent wise and all i would take Lebron.

But for future wise and knowing their personalities(I know he wants to stay in O-Town) i take Dwight.
Signed 5 year deal extension.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-24-2008, 07:36 PM
With all the talk that LBJ will leave the Cavs, would anyone trade Lebron for Dwight straight up? I know it sounds crazy, but whats your take on it.

No, LeBron isn't leaving the Cavs and no because LeBron is so much better then Howard at least at this point.. I don't think he will ever exceed LeBron as well.

black1605
no way

$KnicksAndKobe$
If the Magic offer an unprotected first round pick

durqtitan
07-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Normally I would ship out a all-star SF for a All-star C/PF any day. However, this may be the only exception to the rule. Lebron is too special to give up. I'm a Lakers fan (so naturally I think Kobe is the greatest thing since Jesus), but I probably wouldn't trade LBJ for Kobe if I was the Cavs. He is doing things at such a young age, that it is truly amazing to watch. Plus the guy is a freak, he can get the rebounds that only a center should be grabbing.

*Superman*
07-24-2008, 07:46 PM
No, LeBron isn't leaving the Cavs and no because LeBron is so much better then Howard at least at this point.. I don't think he will ever exceed LeBron as well.

Never know, bigger market, more money, sounds like something Lebron would want. It happened to us when the Lakers took Shaq from us.:mad: He also said he wants to go Global.

Im not saying we are the biggest market or anything, but he could leave.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebronjayz022508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns and many more ...

The83rdWonder
07-24-2008, 07:54 PM
If he wanted to go global, he'd rather go to New York or Chicago.

bostncelts34
07-24-2008, 07:57 PM
never. not even if i was drunk and rollin' off E.

As someone said, usually you would trade a pf/c for a SF anyday. But not in this case. Never.

only scenario:

Lebron/sczerbiak for D12/turkoglu/Nelson/1st rounder.

nothing against D12..hes amazing..but Lebron..is just Lebron.

MiamiHeat
07-24-2008, 08:00 PM
lebron for mark blount

dre1990
07-24-2008, 08:03 PM
I would, Dwight seems more like a winner

Sixerlover
07-24-2008, 08:10 PM
I would, Dwight seems more like a winner

Dwight = No Playoffs, No playoffs, 1st round exit, 2nd round exit

LeBron = No Playoffs, No playoffs, 2nd round exit, NBA finals exit, 2nd round exit (eventual champion)

LeBron seems more like a winner to me

hockeypro68
07-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Its hard to compare a Center to a Small Forward, but lets just say they both kick *** and I'd be psyched to have either on my team.

To answer the question though, no, I'd take Lebron over Dwight.

kylem4711
07-24-2008, 08:30 PM
no way

rriders9
07-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Absolutely no

infamous
07-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Normally I would ship out a all-star SF for a All-star C/PF any day. However, this may be the only exception to the rule. Lebron is too special to give up. I'm a Lakers fan (so naturally I think Kobe is the greatest thing since Jesus), but I probably wouldn't trade LBJ for Kobe if I was the Cavs. He is doing things at such a young age, that it is truly amazing to watch. Plus the guy is a freak, he can get the rebounds that only a center should be grabbing.
LOL!

No, I wouldn't trade lbj for howard straight-up.

kobe2008mvp
07-24-2008, 08:41 PM
i would do this trade in a heart-beat simple because to start a franchise you need a big man.

infamous
07-24-2008, 08:43 PM
i would do this trade in a heart-beat simple because to start a franchise you need a big man.

so you will trade kobe for howard then?

GiantMetKnick
07-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Wow I like this question a lot.

The Cavs would really need to gauge whether or not they can re-sign Lebron. Like, have a talk with him and all that. The fact that he hasn't re-signed already makes me think he wants to go elsewhere. So if I were the Cavs, my choices are have Lebron for the next two years then watch him leave, or trade him now for Dwight Howard who someone said signed a 5 year extension, then yes I would take Dwight Howard.

Realistically, though, I don't think either team would make this trade. The Cavs would look like such quitters and its hard to explain to a championship hungry town why you would ever trade Lebron. As for the Magic, they realize Dwight could end his career in Orlando, and that Lebron would be just a two year rental.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Never know, bigger market, more money, sounds like something Lebron would want. It happened to us when the Lakers took Shaq from us.:mad: He also said he wants to go Global.

Im not saying we are the biggest market or anything, but he could leave.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebronjayz022508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns and many more ...

Shaq is the only one ever to not take a max deal.. LeBron would look silly especially considering Cavs have made the playoffs 3 straight years in a row now.

_Sn1P3r_
07-24-2008, 10:36 PM
To answer that question, nope.

*Superman*
07-24-2008, 10:55 PM
I would take Lebron over Dwight, but since Lebron's contract is only for 2 years compared to Dwight's 5, i would then take Dwight.

*Superman*
07-24-2008, 11:02 PM

As much as i agree with that, that is slowly changing. Look at the NBA now, SF and SG can dominate the games themselves with Speed and Strength.

united41290
07-24-2008, 11:15 PM
i start a team with howard over lebron

YounG BlooD
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Give me the Man Child, he is not selfish like Lebron who will leave the Cavs.

barreleffact
07-24-2008, 11:59 PM
i'd take dwight... i love lebron's game, but idc if he can board id howard gets me his share and lebrons combined. howard has no offensive game yet still scores only like 10 less, so when his O develops he can be even more of a beast. howard wont get the assists until his O makes him command a double, but regardless if you get a solid pg then idc at all. plus howard is a freak on defense and to win it all, you need a big man. forget goin deep. rings follow the bigs. ala shaq, KG, Duncan...besides them the only team to have won since 99 is detroit and they had a complete roster. the only team in history to do it w/o a legit big is jordan's if im not mistaken. so yea, like i said. lebron's great and his game is almost unreal. however, i want rings and defense. 2 things a legit big like dwight can get. lebron might get one...but at tis rate i find it hard to believe. they can stop him just like they did kobe, but its never like that for a big. they can get 2nd chance points if thats what it comes to, or pass out of the double with the defense entirely collapsed instead of partially

JordansBulls
07-25-2008, 12:03 AM
If I thought Lebron would leave I would trade him for Dwight.

sp1derm00
07-25-2008, 12:31 AM
It depends on the team. If the Cavs traded LBJ for Dwight, they'd end up with Big Z and Dwight with no suitable SF... basically a team worse off.

BlondeBomber41
07-25-2008, 12:49 AM
I guess I am in the minority here, but I would definently trade Lebron James for Dwight Howard. Its so much easier to build a winner around a dominant center than a dominant small forward.

lalakobe24
07-25-2008, 12:56 AM
why would yu trade the 2nd best player in the league for a dwight howard?

DreamShaker
07-25-2008, 01:04 AM
If they threw in the rest of the starting lineup for Lebron the Cavs would still come out worse....

YounG BlooD
07-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Dwight Howard isn't a nobody either. One of the best C in the league.

DreamShaker
07-25-2008, 01:06 AM
i'd take dwight... i love lebron's game, but idc if he can board id howard gets me his share and lebrons combined. howard has no offensive game yet still scores only like 10 less, so when his O develops he can be even more of a beast. howard wont get the assists until his O makes him command a double, but regardless if you get a solid pg then idc at all. plus howard is a freak on defense and to win it all, you need a big man. forget goin deep. rings follow the bigs. ala shaq, KG, Duncan...besides them the only team to have won since 99 is detroit and they had a complete roster. the only team in history to do it w/o a legit big is jordan's if im not mistaken. so yea, like i said. lebron's great and his game is almost unreal. however, i want rings and defense. 2 things a legit big like dwight can get. lebron might get one...but at tis rate i find it hard to believe. they can stop him just like they did kobe, but its never like that for a big. they can get 2nd chance points if thats what it comes to, or pass out of the double with the defense entirely collapsed instead of partially

He can absolutely get rebounds....

YounG BlooD
07-25-2008, 01:07 AM
If they threw in the rest of the starting lineup for Lebron the Cavs would still come out worse....

Haha, real funny...

DreamShaker
07-25-2008, 01:07 AM
Dwight Howard isn't a nobody either. One of the best C in the league.

I would trade most players in the leauge for D-Howard....but he could not be a worse fit for the Cavs....

DreamShaker
07-25-2008, 01:09 AM
Haha, real funny...

Seriously dude....the Cavs are completely build around Lebron....and are stuck with big salaries with thier big guys....if they traded for Howard....they would be horrible.....

YounG BlooD
07-25-2008, 01:09 AM
If Lebron made threats about leaving (he has givin clues) you still wouldn't trade for him.

DreamShaker
07-25-2008, 01:11 AM
If Lebron made threats about leaving (he has givin clues) you still wouldn't trade for him.

I would if they made the Magic take Ben Wallace's contract as well....could you imagine Wallace and Howard on the same team?? They would break records for missed free throws....;)

Afridi786
07-25-2008, 01:13 AM
Dwight has a solid team around him and can't do much in the playoffs, Lebron has crap around him and took them to the finals a year ago....and Lebron is arguably the best player in the world, Lebron > Dwight easily.

YounG BlooD
07-25-2008, 01:13 AM
^True... but lbj over dwight easily, not to sure about that. both are amazing players.

tonyd3b54
07-25-2008, 01:30 AM

im a celts fan and i would take kobe over both for one reason.... he can shoot.... howard can only dunk and really has no touch as far as a hook shot or turn around jumper...lbj is very streaky with his shot... and wen hes goin good hes usually just holding the ball like its a football and bulling his way to the basket...

skyhibballpj87
07-25-2008, 01:35 AM
i wouldnt do this trade coming from a magic fan just becuase it wouldnt fit the make up of our team. because our best big man would become tony battie and thats not really something to brag about not to mention were already overloaded at the small foward position with lewis and turk. i like the way howards developing once he starts hitting his free throws and gets alittle bit more comfortable in the post he will be a force to be reckon with. I like howard and right now wouldnt trd him for anyone. our team is going places and should be at least the 3rd best team in the east i think the southeast division title is still ours even with miami washington and bobcats making some noise. there are very few good big guys anymore who can hit the boards and score with the consistency of howard and i admit lbj is a special player as well. but good small fowards and shooting guards are a dime a dozen big men and pure pgs are rare. if you look at most good tms besides the bulls you need a good big man to win games. lakers had shaq,boston had KG, spurs have duncan. is lbj as special as jordan maybe, maybe not until he gets some rings, plays D and hits his free throws consistentlly. he doesnt belong in the same catagory

NJrockPD
07-25-2008, 02:01 AM
i would trade Lebron for MJ.

barreleffact
07-25-2008, 11:15 AM
Dwight has a solid team around him and can't do much in the playoffs, Lebron has crap around him and took them to the finals a year ago....and Lebron is arguably the best player in the world, Lebron > Dwight easily.

solid aint great. and dwights offense isnt kobe's. kobe had a solid team and took em to the finals, but most cant do that. dwights team is decnt and lebrons was horrible but lebron's run to the finals was a fluke anyway. he traveled to beat washington, i forgot round 2 but it was more soft competition, then he destroyed detroit so he gets respect there. but then wat...)-4...thats a fluke for him to have even gotten there. besides, give dwight some time. hes like 22 and lebons like 24-25.

anyway, based off talent i'd take dwight over lebron. based off team rosters, of course not. i mean both teams try to build around what they already have. thats like if the hornets traded cp3 for amare...they already have a center and forward and now they lose a pg...there no point. but talent wise...dwight is easier to build around and to win with.

Afridi786
07-25-2008, 11:28 AM
If Lebron taking the Cavs to the finals was a fluke, than Kobe taking the Lakers was a fluke.

RapsFan4Life
07-25-2008, 11:30 AM
not a chance that trade would go down, lbj is the best player in the league, and by that i mean he can take over a game when needed he can attract triple teams he can win a game single handedly and he can handle the ball and score at any time .. he also draws fouls and everyone says .. kobe can do that too .. BUT .. lbj never gives up kobe does, kobe has the skill and talent but less heart and determination .. so i would not trade lbj for a talent like dwight or an even better talent like kobe .. lbj is the king ...

dwight is a whicked rebounder and will develope the ability to use his body to dominate the paint and he will get better in the post .. but there still has to be a guard to make him a play .. throw the ball into the post .. lbj can inbound run the floor and score, dwight can not hadle the ball and a solid double team will make him turn it over .... dwight can not spread the floor either ...
there is no way i would make the trade even if contract expires either cavs will re sign or sign and trade .. if they trade cavs will get much MUCH more then just a dwight . . .

durqtitan
07-25-2008, 11:38 AM
im a celts fan and i would take kobe over both for one reason.... he can shoot.... howard can only dunk and really has no touch as far as a hook shot or turn around jumper...lbj is very streaky with his shot... and wen hes goin good hes usually just holding the ball like its a football and bulling his way to the basket...

I debated that as well when thinking of writing that comment. The only reason I would argue LeBron over Kobe, as I said I am a huge Kobe fan, is I remember when Kobe used to fire up air-balls. I do not think LBJ will ever have the polished game, perfect stroke, or amazing footwork Kobe has; however, when I debated which one I would take the argument in my head kept continually reverting back to age. Lebron is doing things Kobe did not do at the same age; it is borderline scary to think of James will do at the age of 28 (the age when Kobe went from being great to legendary). I do see your point, and that would be a huge factor in my decision as well.

barreleffact
07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
not a chance that trade would go down, lbj is the best player in the league, and by that i mean he can take over a game when needed he can attract triple teams he can win a game single handedly and he can handle the ball and score at any time .. he also draws fouls and everyone says .. kobe can do that too .. BUT .. lbj never gives up kobe does, kobe has the skill and talent but less heart and determination .. so i would not trade lbj for a talent like dwight or an even better talent like kobe .. lbj is the king ...

dwight is a whicked rebounder and will develope the ability to use his body to dominate the paint and he will get better in the post .. but there still has to be a guard to make him a play .. throw the ball into the post .. lbj can inbound run the floor and score, dwight can not hadle the ball and a solid double team will make him turn it over .... dwight can not spread the floor either ...
there is no way i would make the trade even if contract expires either cavs will re sign or sign and trade .. if they trade cavs will get much MUCH more then just a dwight . . .

ur a moron...kobe has less heart than lebron? lebron is weak hearted. nobody has ever doubted KB's heart. in fact every reporter said he had more determination and heart than the entire celtic roster...learn your facts before you argue sumthin so ********. and about dwight, no, he cant spread teh floor. if he could he wouldnt lead in rebounding. he's a center. his home is the post...a place lebron cant even visit let alone live which is attrocious considering his strength. lebron can pass and handle better than dwight. 2 more things idc if a center can do. he has no O yet so a double should hurt him, but still he can drop 20 a game. im not saying you're a moron for dwight like i am with kobe but dwight's limits are solely based on height and offense/lack tehre of. lebron's limits are mental. to be so strong he's pretty soft. cant hack it in cleveland, basically becoming tracey mcgrady in teh media now...a lebron james team is never out of it...you still lost. i mean lebrons legit but also i can see him easily being a joke. dwights mature and a beast. gimme dwight

and the lakers to the finlas was no fluke. kobe balled on everyone and had a solid team and played solid competition every round save the first. lebron's team was garbage and only played one team worth noting before getting swept and thats detroit. he had his path set for him and if he didnt at least go to the ECF than his career would have been a joke. long story short, there was no better team in the west than LA. but there were a few teams better than lebrons that year. he just got in the right position

innovator
07-25-2008, 12:16 PM
if im cavs i would trade lebron now cuz in 2010 his GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! so better get something in return now rather than lose lebron in 2010 and get nothing

Thatruth32
07-25-2008, 12:23 PM
nooooooooooope

18colts29
07-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I would if I were Cleveland, but not if I were Orlando.

bdalakerdude32
07-25-2008, 03:40 PM
if lebron james demanded a trade and that was the best offer then id definately think about it. how often are championships won without good big men. exept jordan cuz he was off the chain

ragee
07-28-2008, 03:29 AM
This trade won't happen... Although Lebron is considered to be the future of basketball and maybe the next Jordan, there is no way the Magic will not let Dwight go... Why? Because even though Lebron may be better than Even in the future, the center position is the most important position in basketball... It can change the game... Both in the defensive and offensive end... Dwight will be the most dominant center in the league one day... He is learning and he is learning fast...

ragee
07-28-2008, 03:33 AM
Seriously dude....the Cavs are completely build around Lebron....and are stuck with big salaries with thier big guys....if they traded for Howard....they would be horrible.....

They have the team built around Lebron but he will leave the Cavs for the Nets or the Knicks soon...

rico
07-28-2008, 03:41 AM
i think any team would be stupid not to trade any 1 player straight up for lebron. hes the best player in the league and will be for the next 10 years probably.

*Superman*
07-28-2008, 04:37 AM
This trade won't happen... Although Lebron is considered to be the future of basketball and maybe the next Jordan, there is no way the Magic will not let Dwight go... Why? Because even though Lebron may be better than Even in the future, the center position is the most important position in basketball... It can change the game... Both in the defensive and offensive end... Dwight will be the most dominant center in the league one day... He is learning and he is learning fast...

Yeah man, i agree, no point in giving away Dwight for a LBJ 2 year warranty. Thats why i said i keep Dwight already.

#1Mavericksfan
07-28-2008, 05:10 AM
If I was the Magic no! there's not that many center's like Howard that you could find in a NBA Draft.

Heathmalc
07-28-2008, 05:26 AM
The question was: Would we trade LeBron for Dwight, straight-up.

That is a question that isn't answered as easily as it's asked. If all things are equal, and we were guaranteed to keep whichever player we chose, then I'd take LeBron James 100 times out of 100!!!

Somebody here said something about a championship team needing a dominant center to win a championship. The last Center that dominated and won a championship was SHAQ!

Duncan and Garnett are both power-forwards.

As for who is the best player... that is an argument that will never be won, because the fans of an opposing player will always vote for their player.

Someone said LeBron was 25 and that Dwight was 22, and that was why Dwight was better. Well, LeBron is 23, not 25. Yeah, it seems like he's always been around, but that's because he's so dominant.

For the Dwight Howard fans... Go read the Olympic interviews, and see what Dwight had to say about LeBron! I'll summarize: Dwight on who the best player in the NBA is:

"Well, Kobe has been for a long time...since Jordan, I think. But if I was forced to pick any player in the world to be my team-mate, it'd be LeBron."

interviewer: Why's that?

Dwight: "Man, weren't you watching the scrimmage? He's the only guy in the league that has been able to block my shot from behind. It's like he's a point-guard, a forward and a center, all-in-one."

-interviewer Who can jump higher?

Dwight: 'Bron... it's close, but he can get up there.

(The same person interviewed LeBron later in the week, and when asked who he thought was the best player in the league, he said "Kobe." When asked if there was anyone who could out-jump him, he said "Dwight.")

Both players are very good. I think that LeBron has already secured his place in the NBA hall-of-fame, and as one of the greatest of all-time. I think that Dwight has a shot at doing the same things.

But to trade LeBron... Nope, can't do it. Not even for Dwight, Kobe and CP3!

phlp_bj
07-28-2008, 08:39 AM
this is like saying would u trade jordan for magic?

Chicago Legends
07-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Im a bulls fan so I kind of consider myself impartial. I take howard over lebron. Lebron is ok but I think he is just an example of a good player on a bad team. I think Howard will end up being a very dominant force in the league for a few years.

as for the jordan for magic comment... get real... no one would realistically take magic...Magic was good in the old era basketball but could never hang nowadays.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Don't get me wrong, D12 is amazing, but LBJ is even better.

I wouldn't do this trade.

SaimoNETS
07-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Lebron is coming to the Nets

Jay22Redd
07-28-2008, 12:20 PM
The Cavs probably need to trade Lebron because it seems as if he's going to Brooklyn to be with one of his bestfriends Jay-Z. They dont want him to go for nothing so they might as well trade him to get something back, even though its impossible to get equal value.

_Sn1P3r_
07-28-2008, 12:24 PM
I agree. Cavs should just trade LeBron instead of losing him to Free Agency.

SportsFan1988
07-28-2008, 12:25 PM
No way. I'm a Lakers fan and I will even admit that LeBron is by far the best choice for a franchise to build their team around, he has so many skills and talents, it is almost scary to see the things he is doing at such an early point in his career, and what is even more frightening is that he's just entering the prime of his career now.

BostonFan 53
07-31-2008, 04:49 AM
I'll trade ya moms for ya pops....The victim for the therapist..

:confused: ummmm?

Any way....

I don't think any one person can take over a game and dominate, the way Lebron does. Every time he gets his hands on the ball, you know something is gonna happen.

Although a great big man is more valuable than a great shooter, I think I would stay with Lebron.

*Superman*
07-31-2008, 04:52 AM
I'll trade ya moms for ya pops....The victim for the therapist..

Someone have hurt feelings from the other thread? Look man im not gonna waste my time with your stupid BS. You are the real example of a internet thug, if you were to stupid to realize by now. Stop stalking me you gay **** by looking at all my **** too, trying to scare me with your lame threats.

BostonFan 53
07-31-2008, 04:53 AM
Someone have hurt feelings from the other thread? Look man im not gonna waste my time with your stupid BS. You are the real example of a internet thug, if you were to stupid to realize by now.

Look at some of his previous posts. He seems like a troubled man.

*Superman*
07-31-2008, 04:56 AM
Look at some of his previous posts. He seems like a troubled man.

Yeah someone sees his comments and he will get banned for sure.

BostonFan 53
07-31-2008, 05:02 AM
Yeah someone sees his comments and he will get banned for sure.

Just reported him. I've never had anyone on an internet forum creep me out before, but the way he's acting is just ridiculous.

Er1c
07-31-2008, 05:07 AM
nope

HOZ THE KNICK
07-31-2008, 07:48 AM
hell no!

Kyben36
07-31-2008, 08:43 AM
Most may say yes. but I would say no. I have no need for lebron. He is a good SF but I can say he will ever win a chapionship ring. all he does is wine and ***** about his team till they get traded. then he cant make those players better so they just shrink into the shadows. look at this. did Hughes get better with the addition of James. How about Gooden. He doesnt make anyone better. why would you give up a great low post player that every playoff team needs. look at the past 5 3 years. KG, Timmy and Shaq. all post scores you have to have.

bostncelts34
07-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Most may say yes. but I would say no. I have no need for lebron. He is a good SF but I can say he will ever win a chapionship ring. all he does is wine and ***** about his team till they get traded. then he cant make those players better so they just shrink into the shadows. look at this. did Hughes get better with the addition of James. How about Gooden. He doesnt make anyone better. why would you give up a great low post player that every playoff team needs. look at the past 5 3 years. KG, Timmy and Shaq. all post scores you have to have.

......Lebron WILL win a ring. ANd yes, you NEED a big man to win a ring.

But u mentione KG TIMMY and SHAQ...

KG- Pierce and Allen

Shaq- Wade

Duncan- parker-ginobli

EVERY team also needs a go to scorer. A TRUE scorer who can put points up.

LeBron is one of the few guys in the league i would NEVER trade for an equally talented big man. Now, if ur talking that hes 100% positive hes leaving in 2010. Then obv. u get value for him before he leaves. But until he says hes 100%, he doesnt go anywhere.

Ragun
07-31-2008, 12:49 PM
i wouldnt trade LeBron for any one player straight up.

YankeeFan89
07-31-2008, 12:56 PM
Hell no Lebron is gonna be the best maybe to play the game...maybe....IMO.
LeBROOKLYN or MSG 2010!