PDA

View Full Version : R Raps trading for Artest?

B2B
07-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Here's my take on th Artest situation

Teams said to be interested in Artest.

"Among the teams I've been told to keep a serious eye on in the Artest sweepstakes: Dallas, Miami, Phoenix, San Antonio and maybe even Charlotte. I often wonder about Toronto as well, but have yet to hear anything substantial on that front."

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/013818.html

Dallas X - not giving up Howard
Miami X - more interested in Deng
Phoenix X - recently signed Barnes
San Antonio X - recently signed Tolliver & Thomas
Charlotte - could S&T Okafor for Artest
Possibly Toronto - Kings just aquired (Brown) a player the Raps were interested in while they already have Singletary & Douby as a backup

Also from other articles

Lakers X - not committed to trading unless Kobe is interested, doesn't seem likely
Pistons X - Prince is similar to Artest I can't see Detroit doing this

Dallas situation:

The Sacramento Kings have expressed interest in acquiring Dallas Mavericks forward/guard Josh Howard in a trade for All-Star forward Ron Artest, but the Mavericks arenít interested, according to an NBA source.

The Mavericks reportedly were willing to offer forward Brandon Bass and guard Jerry Stackhouse for Artest. But the Kings wanted Howard included in the deal, halting the discussions.

Because the Mavericks wonít budge on Howard, a potential trade for Artest is all but dead, the source said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/other_nba/view/2008_07_19_Mavs_nix_deal_for_Artest/srvc=celtics&position=1

Miami's situation

So far, the Bulls havenít returned to that $57.5 million figure and the sides have remained significantly apart. If the Bulls believe Deng is serious about leaving next year, they may have no choice but to broker a sign-and-trade with one of the numerous suitors around the league. The Utah Jazz and Miami Heat are expected to be two of the most aggressive pursuers.

They seem to be leaning more towards Deng.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-dengbulls072108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Phoenix situation

Signed Barnes to be a pesky defender

Barnes is valued as a versatile player on both ends of the court. He's known for being able to get under an opponent's skin, which he considers part of his job description.

"Anything I can do to mentally distract somebody, kind of take away their focus from what they need to do, is a good job," he said.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/07/22/20080722suns0723.html

San Antonio situation

Recently signed forwards Tolliver & Thomas

News of Tolliverís signing comes a day after the Spurs re-signed forward-center Kurt Thomas to a two-year deal.

The Express-News has learned that deal will pay Thomas a total of $8 million ó $4.2 million next season and $3.8 in 2009-10.

With these signings I don't see SAS taking on Thomas contract from the Kings.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_sign_summer_shooting_star.html

Charlotte's situation

Negotiations between Okafor and the Bobcats are at an impasse, an informed source told the Observer, with the team offering less now than the $12million-plus annual salary it did a year ago. A restricted free agent, center-forward Okafor now wants a sign-and-trade to another team, the source said, and is not inclined to remain with the Bobcats long-term.

Okafor's alternative would be signing a one-year qualifying offer with Charlotte, worth roughly $7million, then becoming an unrestricted free agent in July 2009.

http://www.charlotte.com/bobcats/story/722943.html

The only other team I see as possible contention for Artest

Laker's situation

The Ron Artest to the Lakers talk is more media- and fan-driven than it is Lakers-driven. A source close to the situation told me, "L.A. hasn't decided that it needs to go out and get Ron. It's not really committed to making a Ron Artest trade. It would take Kobe really pushing for this deal to give it a really good chance of happening.'' Kobe and Artest are friends, and Kobe wants Artest in L.A., but after last summer's PR disaster, his front office forays are over.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3500727&name=broussard_chris

Latest team to be rumored to Artest

Pistons situation

The piece that gets it done here is Tayshaun Prince, and the Pistons - according to ESPN's Chris Broussard - have already considered other moves that include their stars. A Kings source tells me they have not called Sacramento, and I wouldn't be shocked if no one else had recently either. I'm told it's quiet enough that Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie is heading out for a vacation

I wouldn't trade Prince for Artest especially when it means having to take back Thomas in the trade.

Toronto's situation

Why I think Toronto can possibly be interested?

With the major suitors looking to no longer be interested in Artest for the price being asked do the Raps have enough value to offer with Artest stock droping? I think so.

Recently in the media our assistant GM said how the Raps were interested in a 3rd string PG Bobby Brown (sure other teams were interested in Brown but not all were interested in Artest) is Brown included in a S&T with the Raps?.

"A source close to the team confirmed the agreement, with Brown expected to sign a two-year, guaranteed contract today at the league minimum ($442,114) with a player option in the second season."

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1105498.html

Kings PG situation Udrih/Singletary/Douby & now Brown.

With Singletary & Douby already playing a backup role, the addition of Brown in my opinion signals a possible trade, possibly with the Raps who expressed interest in him.

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani
Salary: $5,176,440 Years Remaining: 1

Jason Kapono
Salary: $5,784,480 Years Remaining: 2

Joey Graham
Salary: $2,449,184 Years Remaining: 1

Sacremento Trades

Kenny Thomas
Salary: $8,562,500 Years Remaining: 2

Ron Artest
Salary: $7,400,000 Years Remaining: 1

Bobby Brown
Salary: $442,114 Years Remaining: 1

Raptors Roster

O'Neal/Hump/Jawai
Bosh/Thomas
Artest/Moon/Finley (mse)
Parker/Adams
Calderon/Ukic/Brown

mjt20mik
07-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Wow! Really deep post, and great information. But i don't know if Artest would be the right fit for this team. Plus I don't know how he and JO are, after all that happened in Indiana. Cause I remember JO speaking about the discrempencies in the locker room and off the court in Indy.

IversonIsKrazy
07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
umm, kings would never take that deal. I mean, bargs, joey, and kapono would seem likely 4 Artest ONLY. 4 The kings can get a lot better offer than that. Plus i dont think Artest will mesh with us, dont get me wrong i really like Artest, but i would rather go for Rip or sumthin instead. I would much rather c Artest purple and yellow than red and white.

conway429
07-24-2008, 08:33 PM
I'd give em Joey, Kapono and a pick.

flyboy193
07-24-2008, 08:45 PM
I thiNK JO doesnt want to play with hiM so ThiS thread is officially DEAd

RAPS424
07-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Why Would Does Everyone Wana Throw In Kapono?? The Best 3 Point Shooter In The Last 2 Years.. Now With Dominant Low Post Presence... He Is Gona Be Wide Open On The Wing For 3's (if Smitch Uses Him Properly) And Even If He Draws Defenders ..parker On Teh Other Wing... He Was Top 10 In The League.. And So Was Calderon..2 All Star Post Players And 3 Of The Top 3 Shooters In Teh League Surrounding Them... And Yes Im Aware Of Kapono's Problems On Defence..but He Can Work On That.. And It Can Be Saolved With Zone..specially With J.o. Down Low Now.. Its Not Gona Be So Bad When Perimiter Players Get Beat!!!

RAPS424
07-24-2008, 08:54 PM
And Yes..i See My Many Typos... Sorry About That!!!

Denverb2b
07-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Dumb trade, Artest while a good player is a mental case and even worse than that is he is an expiring contract and would likely not resign in Toronto. Why would we want to give up two important parts of our team plus Graham all of which are under contract with us for several years for a one year rental????

Artest isnt worth more than a pick, he is nuts, doesnt know what he wants and uses the media against every team he has been on. He would be good as a one year rental on a team with strong leadership to keep him in place and a team that is on the verge of winning it all but that should not come at the cost of 2-3 players on our team or any other team. I would offer nothing more than a protected 1st round pick and maybe a player like Moon, Graham or hump.

Goon.Weezy
07-24-2008, 09:34 PM
this is a bad trade for the Raptorss....given up kapono........one of the best if not the best 3-point shooter in the league.....ppl givin up on bargs....u got to give him time to tap into his potential..and joey graham is showin sign of improvement...and the wud wont to give all this up....for a loose cannon

Dragan
07-24-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't like this trade. We get an mentaly unstabe Artest, Thomas who is 30 and has been horrible and injured for the last 2 seasons and a rookie.

We get owned in this trade. Ghram is better than Thomas, Andrea has more potential than the kid and Kapono is a 3pt champ who had a steller playoffs.

I dont get it whats this fasinatin with Artest??????

We got rid of ford and now ppl want to bring in a guy who might help us defend but are willing to destroy the locker room.

Accept one thing Andrea is not goign anywhere this season. and colangelo is not dumb enough to endanger the allready fragile chemestry on this team.

nstojic
07-24-2008, 10:16 PM
for those that think he's unstable, what do you say regarding all that's been said over the last little while about how he's changed and matured?

ink
07-24-2008, 10:24 PM
for those that think he's unstable, what do you say regarding all that's been said over the last little while about how he's changed and matured?

This NY Times article supports your position - http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/17/sports/basketball/17artest.html

dirtybird
07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I suspect those former Pacers are best left separated from each other.

argo
07-24-2008, 11:11 PM
i wouldn't want 2 years of kenny thomas at $8.5m for one year of artest. not to mention we're giving up too much in that scenario.

Ramon Nivar
07-24-2008, 11:35 PM
We won't be getting Artest, but I would love that trade. Artest gives us a good scorer at the 3 and an amazing defender

Dragan
07-25-2008, 12:01 AM

He has been a cancer longer than he has been a cure. Let the other 29 team fight over him. He is not worth trading for.

Jwizel_hitshrs
07-25-2008, 02:11 AM
would never happen, bottom line.

huidogg
07-25-2008, 02:38 AM
We won't be getting Artest, but I would love that trade. Artest gives us a good scorer at the 3 and an amazing defender

Agree! Finally someone knows what they r talking..

hades
07-25-2008, 02:44 AM
good post.
bad trade.

RapsFan4Life
07-25-2008, 07:45 AM
artest is just about done .. him and jermain will clash and it isnt worth giving up bargs AND JK .. now with 2 sick inside guys kapono will prevent double teams .. thus JO or CB dunking on people ... plus Bryan made a sick pick up with jamario .. why waste him .. he needs to improve in different ways but he still a solid starter with unbelivable athletisim and always works hard ... artest would f up the raps

superfio
07-25-2008, 08:18 AM
DO IT!!! Artest IS THE FINAL PIECE OF THE PUZZLE!!! FOLKS!!!

Fellas, please take a look at Boston last year!

3 primetime superstars (***) + 3 marginal players (~) + 2 veterans (-)

Rondo ~
Allen ***
Pierce ***
KG ***
Perkins ~

+ Posey ~
+ Cassell -
+ Brown -

If we manage to fill our roster with Artest, can't go wrong barring major injuries this season. Fingers crossed.

Calderon ~
Parker ~
Artest ***
Bosh ***
O'Neil ***

+ Moon ~
+ Ukic -
+ Veteran Needed via MSE

Let Sacremento have Kapono, Bargs & Graham. They won't pan out to realise full potential with Mitchell at the helm anyways. Better sell off before they regress further, especially with Bargs.

A legitimate contender is born when Artest acts as the anchor of the defence, kinda like KG. That pushes Bosh & O'neil to fire at will on the offense. With Calderon running the show and Parker filling his role, Raptors are scary this year.

IMO, a must-do for Colangelo if he is to prove critics wrong of pretending, rather than contending.

Period.

Tom Stone
07-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Why Would Does Everyone Wana Throw In Kapono?? The Best 3 Point Shooter In The Last 2 Years.. Now With Dominant Low Post Presence... He Is Gona Be Wide Open On The Wing For 3's (if Smitch Uses Him Properly) And Even If He Draws Defenders ..parker On Teh Other Wing... He Was Top 10 In The League.. And So Was Calderon..2 All Star Post Players And 3 Of The Top 3 Shooters In Teh League Surrounding Them... And Yes Im Aware Of Kapono's Problems On Defence..but He Can Work On That.. And It Can Be Saolved With Zone..specially With J.o. Down Low Now.. Its Not Gona Be So Bad When Perimiter Players Get Beat!!!

Great insight I agree completly....and Ron's bad personilty....once he auctally asked for time off for his music record he wanted to promote...The guy's a joke and more mental problems than anyone in the nba.....One thing the raptors have going for them is good character on the team....It's cool to add JO, he's 30 and ready to do whatever it takes and wants a fresh start. (p.s if you want to correct your errors go to edit and clean it up..I make mistakes all the time.)

lukeem21
07-25-2008, 09:14 AM
he would make the raps look better on paper but that wouldnt last and it wouldnt be long before the team fell apart IMO.... in that big article about how Artest is a reformed man he still mentions that he was upset that David Stern took the side of a felon over him.... this just shows how stupid he is it is not David Sterns respibility to baby sit the fans he is responsible for the players that he allows on the court and players that think the way Artest are not beneficial to their team or the NBA as a whole.....

i can see why some of you would be tempted to think this is a good option because it does make us better on paper for the start of next season but there are a tonne of ways that it would slowly or even quickly fall apart just like every team he's ever been apart of

bartlett2266
07-25-2008, 11:35 AM
He is exactly what this team needs a tough guy who can rebound defend score. Gives this team some moxie and toughness we have been missing pretty much forever, Charles Oakley was the only thing close
i would def trade for him

superfio
07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
guy's a joke and more mental problems than anyone in the nba.....

Nobody beats rodman to that...

If Rodman can win championships, so can Artest

B2B
07-25-2008, 12:41 PM
he would make the raps look better on paper but that wouldnt last and it wouldnt be long before the team fell apart IMO.... in that big article about how Artest is a reformed man he still mentions that he was upset that David Stern took the side of a felon over him.... this just shows how stupid he is it is not David Sterns respibility to baby sit the fans he is responsible for the players that he allows on the court and players that think the way Artest are not beneficial to their team or the NBA as a whole.....

i can see why some of you would be tempted to think this is a good option because it does make us better on paper for the start of next season but there are a tonne of ways that it would slowly or even quickly fall apart just like every team he's ever been apart of

"In spite of Artest's eccentricities and controversial past, most NBA executives agree that Artest will attract plenty of interest from contending teams between now and next February's trading deadline with his reputation as one of the league's top all-around players when focused ... and his very tradeable salary. Sacramento had serious Artest talks with the Denver Nuggets at the February trading deadline and Petrie's fellow GMs surely haven't forgotten the initial impact Artest had on the Kings when he arrived."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3485534

Artest is on contract for 1 year. If he effects chemistry like most of you seem to think they would either trade or release him either way I think it's worth a shot. If you're wrong and Artest does pans out we sign him for a few more years pending on results.

Like I've said to other posters how do you know Artest won't work without even giving him a shot?.

The same way some of you want to speculate about the negative effect Artest will have and predict the future let me give it a try.

Bargnani - A dissapointment to date, lets blame the tonsils for his sub par season. Nothing more than a 7' no rebounding jumpshooter with potential to be a bust.

Kapono - Great 3 point shooter but that's all he brings to the table. While an effective weapon a liability on the defensive side.

Graham - Full of potential, some people feel that he will suddenly realize it this season after 3 seasons of empty promises.

Artest - A proven lockdown defender which is crucial to any contending team. When focused an allstar player that can play both sides of the court.

Yeah I think I would take my chances on his eccentric behavior it's not like he would be locked in for years unless he works out and we decide to resign him.

**** if we didn't have to fill out the roster I would trade all 3 of those players for Artest.

By the way Artest can effectively play & defend the 2,3,4 positions which would help our bench & rotations

O'Neal/
Bosh/Artest/Thomas
Artest/Moon
Parker/Artest/Adams
Calderon

pebloemer
07-25-2008, 01:12 PM
"In spite of Artest's eccentricities and controversial past, most NBA executives agree that Artest will attract plenty of interest from contending teams between now and next February's trading deadline with his reputation as one of the league's top all-around players when focused ... and his very tradeable salary. Sacramento had serious Artest talks with the Denver Nuggets at the February trading deadline and Petrie's fellow GMs surely haven't forgotten the initial impact Artest had on the Kings when he arrived."

Artest is on contract for 1 year. If he effects chemistry like most of you seem to think they would either trade or release him either way I think it's worth a shot. If you're wrong and Artest does pans out we sign him for a few more years pending on results.

Like I've said to other posters how do you know Artest won't work without even giving him a shot?.

The same way some of you want to speculate about the negative effect Artest will have and predict the future let me give it a try.

Bargnani - A dissapointment to date, lets blame the tonsils for his sub par season. Nothing more than a 7' no rebounding jumpshooter with potential to be a bust.

Kapono - Great 3 point shooter but that's all he brings to the table. While an effective weapon a liability on the defensive side.

Graham - Full of potential, some people feel that he will suddenly realize it this season after 3 seasons of empty promises.

Artest - A proven lockdown defender which is crucial to any contending team. When focused an allstar player that can play both sides of the court.

Yeah I think I would take my chances on his eccentric behavior it's not like he would be locked in for years unless he works out and we decide to resign him.

**** if we didn't have to fill out the roster I would trade all 3 of those players for Artest.

By the way Artest can effectively play & defend the 2,3,4 positions which would help our bench & rotations

O'Neal/
Bosh/Artest/Thomas
Artest/Moon
Parker/Artest/Adams
Calderon

The problem with that logic is only looks at one aspect of the trade. There is also Thomas' contract which is for two years.

I like Artest and I think he would make us an instant contender on paper but it is a high risk high reward type of move. We just made a big move in getting Oneal, I think we should see how the chemistry there works out there before we get ahead of ourselves and get into a position where for the next 2 years we have a 20 million contract to Oneal and a big contract from Thomas as well with very little to show for it because for some excuse or anothe rit didn't work out.

ink
07-25-2008, 02:05 PM
I like Artest and I think he would make us an instant contender on paper but it is a high risk high reward type of move. We just made a big move in getting Oneal, I think we should see how the chemistry there works out there before we get ahead of ourselves and get into a position where for the next 2 years we have a 20 million contract to Oneal and a big contract from Thomas as well with very little to show for it because for some excuse or anothe rit didn't work out.

I agree. Before we got JO I was big on getting Artest. But things have changed. IMO one ex-Pacer is enough on the team. I'd still like to see another wing player, but I have a feeling BC is done making additions, with the possible exception of a backup PG.

Bosh=nextKG
07-25-2008, 05:55 PM
I like it but i don't think it'll get done

jdot22
07-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Its an interesting point you make about the Kings situation will multiple players at the pg spot ... Curious to see the Kings next move ....

Oh ... if we do 'rent' Artest for next year and then he bolts .. wouldnt that clear some cap space to sign another big name ... if Artest can play well here this coming year and improve the raptors ... it might interest some of the 09 free agents .... dont you think?

Anyone know where to find a list of FA for next year .. I saw one on espn somewhere ...

anyways ...

_Sn1P3r_
07-25-2008, 10:00 PM
I would love Artest to fill in for our SF slot but it won't happen. I don't think we'd be giving up Bargs any soon as well because he is currently doing some big-man camp and working out an everything so BC might want to see how he's improved.

robcat
07-26-2008, 12:10 AM
I think BC is going to wait until closer to the deadline and see what else is available. Bargs is a big trading chip with say another pick and or player. At least by waiting we can see if he improves or not. If he doesnt improve his value will probably be the same as now. If he does improve his value could bring us someone better and sainer then Artest.

If Artest plays good hes going to want more money something that we dont have next year. If he plays bad we lost an asset that was under control for a couple more years.

huidogg
07-28-2008, 05:46 AM

O'Neal/
Bosh/Artest/Thomas
Artest/Moon
Parker/Artest/Adams
Calderon

Great Great post, i agree completely, artest is what we need to compete against the elite of the east, or even in the nba.. this is what we need, and i am for sure going to take risk to give up bustgani, kopono and joey.

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Artest would not be an option for Toronto. As many of you know, I am both a huge raptors and pacers fan. I watch and pay attention to both teams quite a bit during the season. I know from reading reports out of the Indiana press and talking with people very close to the Indiana management that JO and Artest did indeed have a falling out. It seems very unlikely that after JO has preached to have a frest start, the raps would remind him of his past by brining in a player to toronto that is responsible for many of the terrible years indiana had endured. Artest is not the answer for this team as long as JO is here. We need to find another option.

pebloemer
07-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Its an interesting point you make about the Kings situation will multiple players at the pg spot ... Curious to see the Kings next move ....

Oh ... if we do 'rent' Artest for next year and then he bolts .. wouldnt that clear some cap space to sign another big name ... if Artest can play well here this coming year and improve the raptors ... it might interest some of the 09 free agents .... dont you think?

Anyone know where to find a list of FA for next year .. I saw one on espn somewhere ...

anyways ...

Well we are currently bordering the luxury tax mark which puts us around 10 million over the cap as is. We would only get under the cap with Artest bolting and our other expirings leaving. Bargnani, Graham, Parker and Moon I think are the names that expire after next year, although I think Bargs has an option. But if we were giving up Bargnani, Kapono and Joey for him, than the only extra salary that would come off is Parker and Moon.

Cap is 58.7 million, luxury is 71.15 million. We are at about 70 million I believe. That means we would need to cut 11.3 million just to get under the cap.

Parker = 4.5 million
Moon = 0.7 million
Artest = 7.5 million

- numbers generated from ESPN trade machine
- cap numbers generated from Doug Smith's Raptors blog

That would be 12.7 million coming off the books

We would be under the cap by 1.4 million then with a void at starting SG to fill and both starting and backup SF positions to fill. Of course the cap may change slightly prior to 2009 offseason, but not enough to make a substantial difference.

Anyways, the point is Artest bolting being seen as a good thing because we can sign someone with the money is not an adequate reason to get him. Him bolting would actually leave us more holes to fill with very little extra to work with.

Edit: I did forget Garbo's salary coming off as well. Around 4 million? That plus the MLE may be enough for really good player, but not a star.

mpickup
07-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Great post....interesting read....

If the Kings must include Kenny Thomas, then the trade will not pass through Toronto. Maybe as time has passed, the Maloofs just want to move Artest and his lack of desire to be in Sacktown, with what he feels has been deception and a misleading siuation, and get any value they can in return...with low risk. We can help...

I love Artest's nasty defense, and overall presence. Interesting points about JO not wanting him here, but I think JO has moved on from all of that, and would welcome any change that could help the Raps win a ring...like a lock-down defender to shutdown Pierce, James, D-Wade, Iggy, Deng, RJ, Hedo...or anyone else who may stand in our way in the east.

I will throw my hat into the ring of trade suggestions...I don't think the Raps will be dealing at this level, but I'd still love to see it:

Raps get: Ron-Ron

Kings get: AP & Hump
-AP is a very solid wing in 3 places: offense, defense, and the locker room! Low risk because he is expiring.
-Hump is an NBA big with a bargain contract....can play 4 or 5

Kings line-up:
Brad Miller/Spencer Hawes/ Kris Hump
Mikki Moore/Kenny Thomas/Jason Thompson/Sheldon Williams
Anthony Parker/Francisco Garcia/Ewing Jr./Shareef
Kevin Martin/John Salmons/AP
Beno Udrih/Quincy Douby/Sean Singletary

2008/2009 TORONTO RAPTORS!!!!!!!

Jermaine O'Neal/Nathan Jawai
Chris Bosh/Andrea Bargnani
Ron Artest/Jamario Moon/Joey Graham
Jason Kapono/Hassam Adams
Jose Calderon/Roko Ukic

Good Lord!

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Great post....interesting read....

If the Kings must include Kenny Thomas, then the trade will not pass through Toronto. Maybe as time has passed, the Maloofs just want to move Artest and his lack of desire to be in Sacktown, with what he feels has been deception and a misleading siuation, and get any value they can in return...with low risk. We can help...

I love Artest's nasty defense, and overall presence. Interesting points about JO not wanting him here, but I think JO has moved on from all of that, and would welcome any change that could help the Raps win a ring...like a lock-down defender to shutdown Pierce, James, D-Wade, Iggy, Deng, RJ, Hedo...or anyone else who may stand in our way in the east.

I will throw my hat into the ring of trade suggestions...I don't think the Raps will be dealing at this level, but I'd still love to see it:

Raps get: Ron-Ron

Kings get: AP & Hump
-AP is a very solid wing in 3 places: offense, defense, and the locker room! Low risk because he is expiring.
-Hump is an NBA big with a bargain contract....can play 4 or 5

Kings line-up:
Brad Miller/Spencer Hawes/ Kris Hump
Mikki Moore/Kenny Thomas/Jason Thompson/Sheldon Williams
Anthony Parker/Francisco Garcia/Ewing Jr./Shareef
Kevin Martin/John Salmons/AP
Beno Udrih/Quincy Douby/Sean Singletary

2008/2009 TORONTO RAPTORS!!!!!!!

Jermaine O'Neal/Nathan Jawai
Chris Bosh/Andrea Bargnani
Ron Artest/Jamario Moon/Joey Graham
Jason Kapono/Hassam Adams
Jose Calderon/Roko Ukic

Good Lord!

This just aint gonna happen. I gurantee that.

mpickup
07-28-2008, 10:15 AM
well thanks for the guarantee...and great insight as to why. Tell BC I said hi

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 10:23 AM
well thanks for the guarantee...and great insight as to why. Tell BC I said hi

Hey thanks for the sarcasim, I just know for a fact that any trade for artest will not happen for the reasons mentioned above. BC is well aware of the history and garbage artest and JO went through. Do you not remember the brawl in Detroit. Its a terrible idea.

mpickup
07-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Hey thanks for the sarcasim, I just know for a fact that any trade for artest will not happen for the reasons mentioned above. BC is well aware of the history and garbage artest and JO went through. Do you not remember the brawl in Detroit. Its a terrible idea.

yeah, I don't think the trade I proposed will happen at all...as I stated...but u also thought there was some sound logic to it ... I'm also a "homer", so my trades can be ueven too...just wasnt much insight that's all

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
yeah, I don't think the trade I proposed will happen at all...as I stated...but u also thought there was some sound logic to it ... I'm also a "homer", so my trades can be ueven too...just wasnt much insight that's all

I dont like to name drop as Im not like that but I know for a fact JO wants no part of Artest at all in his future, I bet BC knows that after talking to JO for even a few mins.