PDA

View Full Version : better chance of trading Al b4 the deadline?

montaellisfan
07-24-2008, 07:05 PM
it doesnt seem like too many teams are that intersted in trading for big baby Al right now. 17 mil guaranteed for the next two years is too much but what if having more big men now will put less pressure on Al and maybe free up his game a lil bit. remember we did ask him to play a lot of center last yr. and he did a great job holding his own against guys like yao and dhoward. but we got Ronny now he can take on those challenges.
so im thinking Al can be a guy we can plug in at the 5, 4, and even 3. and maybe he will flourish now. so there might be a better chance of dealing him during the season. although, in the espn rumor central it says he may try to force a trade so i dunno. if we dont trade him yet he better shut up and play!

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 07:13 PM
I Think You Might Be On To Something Cuz The 5 Is Not A Position He's Played Until He Came To Us & Hes Not A Rebounder So With The Addition Of Turiaf That Could Take A Load Off His Shoulders Then We Could Look For Him To Due What He Does Best Score

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 07:17 PM
By the way, Al has a player option at the end of this season that I expect him to use because:
1.) Instead of 1 year at $10, he goes for longterm security with 5 years $30 million.
2.) In 2009 there are not as many Free agents and he's still 29
3.) He stays another year with the Dubs, he may not play and will be a 30 year old unattrictive free agent
4.) 2010 is supposed to be the deepest year for NBA free agents. He'd be foolish to choose to be a free agent in 2010. Very Risky.

I think if we play Al and show that he can still play, because he can he'll be more valuable at the deadline. At which time teams are fighting for a playoff spot or contending for a title and they need another scorer or 3 pt shooter off the bench or starting.

I'd trade him for a 2nd rounder and an expiring contract or young guy, but absolutely no long term contracts or scrubs in return. I still see Cleveland as the best place for him to land as they have 4 expiring contracts and 2 nice deals with Cleveland could be made, or another one involving a third party. He'd fit in perfectly with the Cavs.

gowarriors
07-24-2008, 07:20 PM
I think harrington was misused last year.

Not anybody's fault, just the nature of what they had to work with last year.

I just don't see him going anywhere yet.