PDA

View Full Version : Childress Will Play in the NBA Again

NYMets27
07-24-2008, 06:54 PM
I posted this sum where else just read it and ull kno the headline

guys this has nothing 2 do with the economy lets think b4 we post bs like that....if u look at the the players besides childress they r Primoz Brezec, Carlos Delfino, Juan Carlos Navarro and Bostjan Nachbar they r all foreigners 2the U.S wit all but delfino being european (hes from argentina, but also italian descent).....so is it possible 2 say they just like the overseas game better???? I think so, and frankly we should let them go because they r average at best bench players that started playin ball there anyhow

And when it comes to childress i just think that he didnt like atlanta so much and wanted 2 get a nice payday in greece.....im tellin u he will b back this puts him in a great position 2 b a european star for a couple of years (remember there is a clause in his contract saying he can opt out after every season) then he comes back 2 states and signs with the lakers (hes from Cali) and bring over an even bigger media following from the fans that he has attracted from greece

yojoe792
07-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Is it really that hard to type "before" or "know"?

He'll play where he wants after weighing the difference in pay, competition, etc.

BlondeBomber41
07-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Well if its true that he just doesnt like Atlanta, he is probably screwed on ever coming back to the NBA with another team because the Hawks still hold his rights as a RFA regardless of when/if he deceides to come back.

DerekRE_3
07-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Well if its true that he just doesnt like Atlanta, he is probably screwed on ever coming back to the NBA with another team because the Hawks still hold his rights as a RFA regardless of when/if he deceides to come back.

But to hold his rights they take a salary cap hit each year they hold them. They would have to extend him a qualifying offer each year, which would take up cap room.

I think they are better off forgetting about him and signing a guy to the MLE.

ugafan
07-24-2008, 07:25 PM

It wasn't that, he got offered twice the money to go over there, Sund is a ****ing idiot along with teh rest of the Hawks FO, them having money is worse than Vick having dogs. They quite possibly could be the WORSt FO in NBA history. If you lived in Atlanta you would see the stupid **** in the papers. In an interview Rick Sund said he was going to up the offer when Childress was close to going to Greece. That was in teh paper today. That means he didn't even know Childress was gone. Tsk tsk tsk, Hawks fans(including me) have every right to be mad.

SwaggaIke
07-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Of course he'll play in the league again. That's why he has buyout clauses after every season. I doubt he spends more than one year overseas.

LetsGoKnicks123
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
He's going to Greece!!!!

KG#1
07-24-2008, 07:50 PM
hell come back in 2010 when everyone is looking to have cap space

durqtitan
07-24-2008, 07:55 PM
If was a NBA owner I would want Josh. 13ppg, 6rpg, 2apg is pretty awesome for a 6th man. Nobody had the cap space, but ATL. They figured Europe was a bluff and he stuck it to them. Good for him, I say. NBA careers are too short to not make all the money you can while you still can. I do think he will be back in the NBA one day, but who knows if he actually stays the full 3 years over seas and things go well for him, why not stay longer? I hate to see a solid American player leave the league, but kudos to Childress for sticking by his guns and not letting the Hawks back him down