PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors Playoff Chances

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 05:56 PM
We won 48 games last year & come up a lil short of making the playoffs. We have a different team then last & its completely different from the 07 playoff team. I think that we're gonna get in but I wanna know what ya'll think

Jimmy3702
07-24-2008, 06:01 PM
100% chance we will be a sleeper team. Dont need Baron to go far.

Lineup of
Marcus Williams
Monta Ellis
Corey Magette
Al Harrington
Andres Biedrins

Bench
Stephen Jackson
Kelenna Azubuike
Anthony Randolph
Brandan Wright
Ronny Turiaf
CJ Watson

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Thats Cool But Make Sure You Cast Your Vote

JLantern
07-24-2008, 06:06 PM
i really REALLY doubt marcus is going to start over sjax.

JLantern
07-24-2008, 06:07 PM
i think they can make it. i dont think the west is going to be as tough as it was last year. teams are coming up, but i think teams are going to drop hard. suns, mavs, rockets, nuggets come to mind quickly.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 06:07 PM
I don't think we make the playoffs. I'd be very surprised.
Last years top 8:
1.) New Orleans-added Posey
2.) Lakers-healthy Bynum
3.) Spurs-added PG, Roger Mason, lost Brent Barry
4.) Phoenix-added Matt Barnes,
5.) Utah-added Koufus, 1 year experience for Fesenko
6.) Houston-youngster Donte Greene, Joey Dorsey
7.) Dallas-Gerald Green
8.) Denver-lost Camby

9.) Portland-Add Bayless, Oden and Fernandez to a 40 win team...Scary.
10.) Clippers-Added Baron and Eric Gordon to replace scoring of Brand. Add Camby and get better defensively...Scary.
11.) Dubs- transition year, but we can do better than most expect.
12.) Minnesota-darkhorse team, I think they will be much better than expected much like Portland last year.

West is even stronger than last year, Lakers, Utah and New Orleans. Spurs, Suns and Dallas are declining but I seriously doubt that they don't make playoffs. Denver may be out and Houston is a bubble team if they continue to fight injuries or deadly when healthy. Hungry and ready to be in the Playoffs is Portland and the Clips led by Baron and Camby who has a huge chip on his shoulder.

Conor
07-24-2008, 06:11 PM
I see Dallas and Denver falling out of the playoffs...Denver seems to be in the process of retooling their team and cutting costs, therefore cutting wins. Dallas will continue to decline. So that leaves two open spots for the playoffs, the Blazers, Clippers, and Warriors fighting for the spot. It's really a toss up, a lot depends on the development of the Blazers' young players (I say they will make it as the 7th seed), and how the new nucleuses of the Warriors and Clippers fit together. It will come down to the Dubs and Clips for the final spot IMO, and my homerism and hate of Baron takes over here. They sneak in as the 8th seed.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Wow!!! I'm the only one who voted no so far.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Thats Wright Why Are You Hattin Garlicman?

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Hating I'm a realist. If we make the playoffs I'd expect Marcus Williams and/or Turiaf and/or Azbuike to be candidates for Most Improved player and Anthony Randolph to be a candidate for Rookie of the Year. If these things don't happen, I seriously doubt we make a run at the playoffs.

oracle650
07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
^suns are slipping off. spurs as well. we already know what dallas and denver are about. and now that we have more length for boards we'll be on utah's helmet. we are playoff bound YEAH I SAID IT!!! remember you heard it here first LOL wtf in real life we didn't loose any offense with bd goin and #50 arriving. turiaf coming into to clean the glass. biedrins and ellis making it look easy. buke to bother princess kobe. harrington might make an appearence or 2. jack stacks to shoot ur eye out like the xmas movie. YEAH I SAID IT!!! PLAY OFF BOUND!!!!

oracle650
07-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Hating I'm a realist. If we make the playoffs I'd expect Marcus Williams and/or Turiaf and/or Azbuike to be candidates for Most Improved player and Anthony Randolph to be a candidate for Rookie of the Year. If these things don't happen, I seriously doubt we make a run at the playoffs.

All we needed was a bench last year. we got that pick up reality and drop the garlic beer. PLAY OFF BOUND!!! YEAH I SAID IT!!!:smoking: By the way that devil is smokin a philly and we're gonna roll up the nba and smoke they ***** *** pardon my french. YEAH I SAID IT!!!!

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I Might Not Agree With You But I Can Respect Your Opinon Your Just A Lil Harsh On The Dubs Just Like You Are On Roy Jones Jr

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 06:22 PM
^ Denver had Major scoring the past 2 years with A.I., Anthony, J.R. Smith, Martin and Defensive player of the year in Marcus Camby and were 8th seeds.

It's not all about offense. We lost our best player. It will take time to adjust. Not only that Spurs are slipping, but they still have Duncan, Dallas still has Kidd, Howard and Nowitiski.

I value my team but I can discredit what other teams have and what they have done to improve or keep their team intact.

lincecum=future
07-24-2008, 06:25 PM
This comes down to Monta handling the point. If he fills in nicely we should have a better team than last year and make the playoffs. That is a big if though.

Thatruth32
07-24-2008, 06:39 PM
i went with not sure because yes i think we CAN ... but no i dont think we will... we didnt make it last year and we lost baron.. so all these guys are going to just gell that fast? dont get me wrong i hope we can but if i was a beting man i would have to say no... even tho i hope and pray we shock the world and do...

u have to remember who is going to fall out of that top 8?? and portland should get in and they werent even in last yeari think houston is gargabe so i think they are the one team that will fall out of the top 8 .... and a few teams will be fighting for that final spot

Thatruth32
07-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Thats Wright Why Are You Hattin Garlicman?

naw i dont think hes hatin pimp its just asking a question and he givin u his answer... i mean peep game we all warrior fans rite... so if you ask us all we all want to get in and say we are going to make the playoffs ... but sometimes as fans we think with out hearts rather than our heads... we aint even see the team run at all.. who knows maybe they will be better maybe we will be worse.. bottom line at best we are fighting for an 8th spot and i hope we get it... ill be watchin all 82 games i never miss one

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Those Are All Respectable Points But Dallas Has Fallin Of After That Trade For Kidd & The Look Like They're Rebuilding Not To Mention The Lost Camby A Big Part Of There Team The Clippers Made A Few Moves But Lets Face It They're The Clippers I Like Our Chances

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 06:47 PM
^ I think Portland is definitely in. All Oden has to do is average double digit boards and block 2-3 shots a game and there in. The have enough offense.
We of all teams should know that you need that dominant guy in the middle.

Houston, if they stay healthy, their deadly. They also added a savage in Joey Dorsey who looked like a man-child in summer league and a 6'10" scoring small forward off the bench in Donte Greene.

Phoenix also added Matt Barnes which I think is the perfect team for him. Phoenix can go small again with Amare at 5 and Diaw or Barnes at 3/4 with Barbos and Bell at the wings. Barnes is playing with a chip on his shoulder and they have Tucker who dominated NBDL all season long and didn't sniff a minute. Forget to mention the pefect replacement for slow -ss Shaq, Robin Lopez. Guy reminds me of Beans.

My point is, although we added players to our roster so have other teams.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 06:49 PM
naw i dont think hes hatin pimp its just asking a question and he givin u his answer... i mean peep game we all warrior fans rite... so if you ask us all we all want to get in and say we are going to make the playoffs ... but sometimes as fans we think with out hearts rather than our heads... we aint even see the team run at all.. who knows maybe they will be better maybe we will be worse.. bottom line at best we are fighting for an 8th spot and i hope we get it... ill be watchin all 82 games i never miss one

ThaTruth speaks the truth. He knows where I'm coming from.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Garlic About That Barnes Coment & The Going Small D'antonio Isnt The Coach No More Terry Porter Is & That Aint His Style

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 06:54 PM
^Isn't Nash still the Point Guard??? And didn't Portland run back in the day with Terry, Clyde, Cliff and Strickland???

Thatruth32
07-24-2008, 06:55 PM
ThaTruth speaks the truth. He knows where I'm coming from.

yup yup hence tha name

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Terry Porter Never Coached The Blazers He Coached The Bucks & Never Ran

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 06:59 PM
^
Terry Porter PLAYED for that team. I guess you don't know who Porter is.
He also never had Steve Nash and the Suns he had the Bucks.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 07:01 PM
I Know He Played For Them But Im Talking About His Style Of Coaching Not His Play

oracle650
07-24-2008, 07:06 PM
I think we improved and dal, phx, and den, have gotten worse. Portland maybe even sac could be in. but we have improved roster wise.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 07:08 PM
I think on Phoenix teamed with Steve Nash, Barnes has a chance to put up some numbers and like Diaw on the Suns with Nash, has a chance to be Most Improved player. I can see Barnes doing 12-14 pts. 6 boards and 3 assists 1 stea. A stat line like that can put him in the running.

oracle650
07-24-2008, 07:14 PM
^true lets see how it worx out. ultimately I think shaq is gonna slow their game up. nash is the man but porter gonna kill game over there. gonna be a different team in the desert. hopefully they suk. rite??? neone?

gowarriors
07-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Yes I say they make the playoffs this year.

The lack of bench hurt them last year. jackson and davis looked and played exhausted at the end of the season.

I still say a trade will happen, perhaps not now but later.

Thatruth32
07-24-2008, 07:20 PM
the one thing too is we didnt have jack the first 7 games and i think we went 1-6 i think... hopefully we come out the gate hot

likemystylez
07-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Losing Baron davis is going to hurt the warriors more than people think atleast for the next 2-3 seasons.

Somebody posted that we got magette so we made up for the offense that baron gave us. Clearly this is one of those fans that just adds up peoples averages on each team and expects the team that scores more to win the game.

Maggette might have a similer average... but he was playing A LOT of garbage time last season. He was the only player with talant on a team that was constantly getting blown out.

Go back to the celtics warriors game last year where the score was tied at 117-117, warriors had the ball with 5.7 seconds to go.

We probably lose that game this year.

Having a go to guy has a lot more value than adding up his stats. Magette isnt and has never been a go to guy. Even in college, he wasnt a go to guy- infact, he didnt even start.

I would bet the warriors dont make the play offs unless they land a top 15 player before the season starts. Infact- Ill put 500 bucks up that says they wont make the play offs- are we allowed to run a pool through this forum? If they do make the play offs, id be more than happy to pay the 500 bucks, either way I win really.

oracle650
07-24-2008, 07:25 PM
^go back to the easter game where jack shot kobe's eye out back to back. go back to the wizards game when he missed a f/t and hit a 3. you guys better hope jack stays. we got a lot of new talent. #50, turiaf, maybe even randolph. I don't think them or Nellie are takin any shorts. don't be surprised if we kill **** this year.

gowarriors
07-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Same thing was said when we lost J-Rich.

Baron will be missed no doubt, but what hurt the team last year was relying too much on baron and jack for bailouts.

What I see this year is a more cohesive team and that's what wins playoffs.

The Celtics can attest to this.

oracle650
07-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Same thing was said when we lost J-Rich.

Baron will be missed no doubt, but what hurt the team last year was relying too much on baron and jack for bailouts.

What I see this year is a more cohesive team and that's what wins playoffs.

The Celtics can attest to this.

yes

Manila Hitman
07-24-2008, 07:38 PM
I don't see us a a playoff team this year. Worst case scenario is we are a 12th seed in the West. Best case scenario, we are a 6th seed (Really high, but injuries to a playoff team and ALL of our guys living up to potential). It's going to be an exciting year none the less. We have a lot of young guys with tons of potential and financially, we are set for free agency in 2010. Let's see what the youngsters can do!

I'll say this though... If we make it to the playoffs, WATCH OUT!!! It would be very reminicent of the 2007 team. No one expects anything from this current roster. We have nothing to lose and will play with a chip on our shoulder. Whoever has to play us better watch their backs. Upset special baby!

ejdacanay
07-24-2008, 07:44 PM
i voted no, because im a realist. if you guys think we can compete with 10 other teams then i guess you can believe it. I rather be surprised then heartbroken.

oracle650
07-24-2008, 07:47 PM
i voted no, because im a realist. if you guys think we can compete with 10 other teams then i guess you can believe it. I rather be surprised then heartbroken.

if a girl can't break ur heart how can the warriors? ask me a ? yes I think they'll make it. on paper no they shouldn't make it. talk to me in april.

ejdacanay
07-24-2008, 08:04 PM
if a girl can't break ur heart how can the warriors? ask me a ? yes I think they'll make it. on paper no they shouldn't make it. talk to me in april.

lol i don't get your analogy. Warriors better than 10 other good Western teams? I don't think so. We have better depth then last year, but it's still not enough to beat depleted teams like Dallas and Denver.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 08:33 PM
What Killed Us Last Year Lack Of A Bench & Lack Of Rebounding We've Knocked Those Problems Out Plus We've A Solid Starting Lineup We'll Be A 5 Seed Marc My Words

Manny23
07-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Last year we didnt go far because we didnt have a bench....i honestly think that we have a better bench than we did last year..we only lost baron davisnot a big deal we will be a playoff team we are young and better than we were last season....spurs.sunds r getting old and daLLas is slipping

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 10:37 PM
I Couldnt Have Said It Better Myself

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Baron Davis made people on this team better.

It's a big question as to whether or not Monta or Marcus Williams can get all the other players involved. It's nice to have Monta try the position and a back-up/insurance plan in Marcus Williams in case Monta's progression is slower than expected.

Yet even if these guys do prove capable PG's, the West overall is much stronger than it was last year. Top 8 last year, us, Blazers and Clips. That's 11 strong and a darkhorse. Last year, nobody picked the Hornets to do anything (which was a mistaken because Peja was injured the year prior) and the Blazers with a bunch of 20 somethings and no Oden made a run. This year I think the Wolves or Kings may do better than expected.

WarriorFan4Life
07-24-2008, 10:52 PM
the warriors won 48 games last year with baron. we have not seen monta ellis exclusively at pg in the nba. he could put up Baron numbers. with maggette, turiaf, hendrex, randolph and williams coming to the warriors the bench is improved. bedrins, wright, marcos b. and azubuke should be much improved with the playing time this year. who knows maybe we could need one player to come to the warriors and we could trade Harrington's ******* contract in a package deal to get us a legit 4. I think that if monta can be a legit pg and wright, marcos, wright, bedrins abd azubuke play well then we can be top 3 in west conference.:cool:

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 11:01 PM
I love the optimism, but is based on best case scenario's.

Iverson put up stats like Baron, but Baron is a PG who leads and get's his team involved. PG has to be learned and some say can't be taught, I disagree to some degree, but I don't expect Monta to come in and just run the show smooth like Baron, not anytime soon anyway.

Even in high school Monta didn't average double digit assists.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 11:02 PM
By the way our salary is around $57 million or so, depending on how they scaled Maggette's and Monta's contracts it can be much more or less give or take $4 million.

Next year $8 million comes off the books from Foyle and Perovic, and possibly $10 more if Al opts out, which he should do.

Bosh=nextKG
07-24-2008, 11:12 PM
I love the optimism, but is based on best case scenario's.

Iverson put up stats like Baron, but Baron is a PG who leads and get's his team involved. PG has to be learned and some say can't be taught, I disagree to some degree, but I don't expect Monta to come in and just run the show smooth like Baron, not anytime soon anyway.

Even in high school Monta didn't average double digit assists.

Damn Man! do you just like arguing with people. 2 weeks ago ur here defendin monta sayin he's gonna be great and he's gonna make a very smooth transition to pg and i disagreed and u argued with me bout that and now u've changed ur opinion and uve decided to kiss baron's *** and say that since Monta can't be as good as baron that means we ain't gonna make the playoffs. We gonna be hella better than last year and Baron and the Clipps will rot at the bottom of the conference. We got some good young talent who will get a chance to show the league what they got.

Mr. 3 Stacks
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Whattup, this is my first post so don't completely devour me all at once...
I will say that I am a loyal warriors fan, and in that regard I would love them to make the playoffs. But my logic tells me that at this point the west is too strong. I also am concerned about our leadership ability. There is no question we have an abundance of young talent, but who is going to fill the void of Baron Davis? Monta Ellis is my clear cut choice but still think he is too young. I would say soon, but just not this year.

Bosh=nextKG
07-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Whattup, this is my first post so don't completely devour me all at once...
I will say that I am a loyal warriors fan, and in that regard I would love them to make the playoffs. But my logic tells me that at this point the west is too strong. I also am concerned about our leadership ability. There is no question we have an abundance of young talent, but who is going to fill the void of Baron Davis? Monta Ellis is my clear cut choice but still think he is too young. I would say soon, but just not this year.

Well Monta improves every year. We now got Marcus Williams, a man who can distribute in a running system. We also got Maggette to cover the scoring and Jackson brings the leadership. U r right, losing baron leaves us one important piece short............A drunk man to give up on his team before the season is over!!

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Only time will tell. It's really all about how the team gels and how the role players live up to there expectations.

garlicboy
07-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Damn Man! do you just like arguing with people. 2 weeks ago ur here defendin monta sayin he's gonna be great and he's gonna make a very smooth transition to pg and i disagreed and u argued with me bout that and now u've changed ur opinion and uve decided to kiss baron's *** and say that since Monta can't be as good as baron that means we ain't gonna make the playoffs. We gonna be hella better than last year and Baron and the Clipps will rot at the bottom of the conference. We got some good young talent who will get a chance to show the league what they got.

I love the direction this team is headed. I still think Monta can be a All-Star PG, but it will take time. I don't think I ever specified that Monta would be All-Star type PG in one year and that our team would make the playoffs in a 2008-2009 Western conference that may be the toughest in the history of the NBA. How long did it take CP3 and Deron Williams to become All-Star PG's? Remember Monta is only 22 and CP3 and Deron played 2 years of college ball as well(meaning 2 years older as well).

We made nice moves to go in a different direction post-Baron. That does not automatically mean that I think we're going to make playoffs. Not only do we have to learn to play without Baron, but we have to win more games than last year to make the playoffs. Monta learning to play the point well and making the playoffs is a false dichotomy in this crazy Western conference.

I've stated on this blog before that this year may be the first year a 50 win team does not make playoffs. I believe that it will take more than 50 wins to make the playoffs.

I like cooperative argumentation. I mean this blog is here to just put out your thoughts and gain some insights and other people's POV's.

Conor
07-25-2008, 12:39 AM
What good would a forum be if everyone agreed? I know I'd get bored.

BAYAREA DEVOTEE
07-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Here’s what I believe it comes down too. There a few things that need to happen for us to make the playoffs. I believe truly that Baron Davis had very big impact in Monta’s growth he demanded a lot of double teams lots of times freeing Monta with a slower defender giving him that chance to take to the whole. Now that he’s gone monta has to become thee major playmaker now I know he did well in the 2nd Celtic game where they doubled him a lot if he could do what he did that game all season are chances become bigger. I also believe this team will need to mesh well this one is the most important part. If we don’t get the mesh like we had two years ago with sjax, jrich , bdiddy, and al we wont go very far. Yes I believe we have a bench now but I also believe we need that superstar and I hope Monta becomes it because if he doesn’t don’t plan on watching any playoffs games at the oracle. Lastly some of the western teams will have to fall off I’m looking to Denver maybe Houston depending on rather that run was fluke, and maybe Dallas if the Kidd and Dirk cant mesh but watchout for the Kidd and Greene alley-oops man that’s going to be interesting to watch. Lastly maybe through a significant injury or trade to a star player. But I tell you what, the warriors are going to still surprise and I believe they will play with some much energy it going to be exciting.

hockeypro68
07-25-2008, 03:15 AM
Lets not underscore the loss of baron davis you guys...;)

ULT WARRIOR408
07-25-2008, 03:20 AM
Baron Who. We've Replaced Him & Then Some

oracle650
07-25-2008, 05:47 AM
Lets not underscore the loss of baron davis you guys...;)

this is the dubs forum...who the hell are you :eyebrow:

Manny23
07-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Baron Who. We've Replaced Him & Then Some

you re rite baron who? we gave baron up and get deeper in the bench...also we got bigger on the frontline

Bosh=nextKG
07-25-2008, 11:02 AM
What good would a forum be if everyone agreed? I know I'd get bored.

ya i no, i just like givin garlic a hard time hehe

Mr. 3 Stacks
07-25-2008, 02:00 PM
We may have a deeper bench, mag50, and a pg that has potential and was considered a top 10 pick in his draft. But we lost leadership and our identity. B.D. put it in his hands, in close games he was the man..... who is gonna do that for us next year? Im not sayin that we wont become something better, cause we will...its just not gonna happen in a year.

WarriorFan4Life
07-25-2008, 02:04 PM
The Warriors will make the playoffs because of the job the mullen and nelson did. they replaced baron's scoring with maggette. got a good energy big man Ronnie Turiaf. they also got monta and marcus williams who will average what baron did in assists. Monta will average 27-30 ppg, and with a better bench, i see the Warriors 53-56 wins and 4-5 in west conference. mullen might trade harrington at the deadline to get us the legit 4 we need.

oracle650
07-25-2008, 02:09 PM
We may have a deeper bench, mag50, and a pg that has potential and was considered a top 10 pick in his draft. But we lost leadership and our identity. B.D. put it in his hands, in close games he was the man..... who is gonna do that for us next year? Im not sayin that we wont become something better, cause we will...its just not gonna happen in a year.

good ole captain jack is our leader and best player take off the ray charles stunners psd. can't count all the times I seen him hit a 3 spark the team. miss a 3 come back and hit a 3. rarely seen him miss a f/t. which I can't say about Baron. he was a good player but he rarely took things seriously last season.

garlicboy
07-25-2008, 02:41 PM
I wish there was a way in which we can bet some money I say the Warriors don't win 50 games, because that very well may be the amount of games the Dubs will need to win to make the playoffs. We can meet at a Starbucks or Barnes and Noble for payment. I'd say a game, but I rarely go to games. Any takers???

likemystylez
07-25-2008, 03:05 PM
<<I wish there was a way in which we can bet some money I say the Warriors don't win 50 games, because that very well may be the amount of games the Dubs will need to win to make the playoffs. We can meet at a Starbucks or Barnes and Noble for payment. I'd say a game, but I rarely go to games. Any takers???>>

I said Id put 500 bucks down that says the warriors wont get into the play offs. I havent heard any takers. I promise would pay that 500 bucks with a smile on my face if I lose.

oracle650
07-25-2008, 03:18 PM
^I can't even getta psd bbq let alone you cats I dunno to pay up when u loose.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-25-2008, 03:22 PM
1st The West Is Not Gonna Be Like Was Last Year.the Dubs Wont Have To Win 50 To Get In & We've Improved Other Teams Have Fallin Off. Due Even 500 Dollars I'd Bet You But I Know That Your Full Of **** Plus Your Purposed Bet Is A Bunch Of Lipp Service

Tom81
07-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Not Sure

ULT WARRIOR408
07-25-2008, 07:19 PM
This Is Gonna Go Down In History As One Of Our Best Teams Yet

oracle650
07-25-2008, 08:03 PM
^rite next to beard, barry, and wilkes the old dubs

ULT WARRIOR408
07-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Fasho My ***** We're Gonna Go Down In History

gowarriors
07-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Those people already writing off the Warriors are wrong.

First off the roster isn't settled yet.

Biedrins not signing might not be such a bad thing after all.

This would certainly open up a trade with the Nets.

Yes, the Nets.

The team looking to dump payroll to eventually make room for LeBron.

So how about this for a 15 man roster:

Monta Ellis
Marcus Williams
CJ Watson

Vince Carter
Kelenna Azubuike
DeMarcus Nelson

Corey Maggette
Anthony Randolph
Anthony Morrow

Al Harrington
Brandan Wright
Richard Hendrix

Sean Williams
Ronny Turiaf
Kosta Perovic

Trade Stephen Jackson, Marco Belinelli, and 1st round 2009 to Nets for
Vince Carter, Sean Williams, and 2nd round 2009.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-26-2008, 01:10 AM
People Might Writing Us Off But Andris Aint Going No Were

garlicboy
07-26-2008, 03:15 AM
Those people already writing off the Warriors are wrong.

First off the roster isn't settled yet.

Biedrins not signing might not be such a bad thing after all.

This would certainly open up a trade with the Nets.

Yes, the Nets.

The team looking to dump payroll to eventually make room for LeBron.

So how about this for a 15 man roster:

Monta Ellis
Marcus Williams
CJ Watson

Vince Carter
Kelenna Azubuike
DeMarcus Nelson

Corey Maggette
Anthony Randolph
Anthony Morrow

Al Harrington
Brandan Wright
Richard Hendrix

Sean Williams
Ronny Turiaf
Kosta Perovic

Trade Stephen Jackson, Marco Belinelli, and 1st round 2009 to Nets for
Vince Carter, Sean Williams, and 2nd round 2009.

Dont' get mad, but this is one of the worst trade proposals I have ever heard of.

Vince Carter is 31, plays with 1 good leg and has one of the worsts contracts in the NBA. He's getting $16.7 million/year for the next 4 years.

I wouldn't take Carter if they gave him to us. His contract would hamstring us for 4 years.

Thankfully this trade wouldn't even work Salary wise. Carter make's twice as much as Jackson and Belinelli combined.

Biedrins is the most irreplacable player on our squad. Turiaf helps, but he's back-up material not starter material.

gowarriors
07-26-2008, 02:30 PM
If Biedrins signs then I say the roster is set.

The trade I proposed with New jersey is only in the event that Biedrins doesn't sign.

If you factor out what we would pay Biedrins plus Jackson, Carter is more than affordable.

Carter would not be a liability to the team in any way. Hurt or not he's still better than 90% of the players available via trade or free agency.

as a matter of fact, i think his presence on this team would have people talking about the warriors not only as a playoff team, but as a team that could make a championship run.

likemystylez
07-26-2008, 03:47 PM
1st The West Is Not Gonna Be Like Was Last Year.the Dubs Wont Have To Win 50 To Get In & We've Improved Other Teams Have Fallin Off. Due Even 500 Dollars I'd Bet You But I Know That Your Full Of **** Plus Your Purposed Bet Is A Bunch Of Lipp Service

If your posative the warriors are getting in, this will be a free 500 bucks and a lifetime worth of bragging rights for you, and i will be happy to give you the money. Im serious about the proposed bet, so serious that id even give you 2-1 odds... meaning you'd only owe me 250 if they dont get in.

Send me a private messege or email me at my private message if you're interested in the bet. I live in the san jose area as I believe you do too ult warrior... lets make the season interesting. If you win, I wont hold any grudges ... infact id have a beer with you at one of the play off games!

ULT WARRIOR408
07-26-2008, 05:54 PM
You Say That Now

likemystylez
07-26-2008, 07:01 PM
ult warrior- check your private messeges. Im dead serious about this bet, and this is one bet I am almost hoping to lose. I would pay 500 bucks if it gaurenteed the warriors would be in the play offs.... and i wouldnt even think twice about it

ULT WARRIOR408
07-26-2008, 07:24 PM
In That Case I'd Be Happy To Take You $

oracle650
07-26-2008, 08:10 PM
ult warrior- check your private messeges. Im dead serious about this bet, and this is one bet I am almost hoping to lose. I would pay 500 bucks if it gaurenteed the warriors would be in the play offs.... and i wouldnt even think twice about it

I'm open for all bets myself. LOL I'll take ur money.

likemystylez
07-26-2008, 08:38 PM
these are serious bets, so if its jus talk, ya might wanna take it to another thread..... or save it for ur signature quotes or something

garlic said he was interested in betting on this. I spoke with ult warrior on the phone about our bet. If garlic doesnt want to bet with you, I might take another bet. ..... LOL i have to decide how much im willing to pay to get the warriors into the play offs though.

check with garlic first- if he/she isnt interested in betting with ya.... hit me up

oracle650
07-26-2008, 08:42 PM
if your money is tied up it's all G. I'd bet nething blunt cheesesteak whateva. LOL

likemystylez
07-26-2008, 09:16 PM
if your money is tied up it's all G. I'd bet nething blunt cheesesteak whateva. LOL

oracle read your private messege and hit me back when you get a chance.

eddynooo
07-26-2008, 11:33 PM
You guys lost your best player (Baron), a pretty good role player that should have bounced back this year (Barnes), and a pretty good defensive player (Azubuike).

You guys got Ellis running the 1 and Captain Jack running the 2. Corey will be at the 3.

I would say the teams you guys are competing for the 7th and 8th spots are:

Denver
Blazers
Clippers

Sorry I think Blazers are an ink. So that leaves
AI, Melo, J.R. Smith, and Co.
Baron, Gordon, Thorton, Camby, and Kaman
Ellis, Captain Jack, and Corey.

It's a tossup but I can say I like 33% better than anything lower.

Joe505
07-27-2008, 01:47 AM
Marcus Williams will be our starting Point Gaurd on Opening night. Biedrins probably won't be playing for any American teams. And I think the Warriors still have a couple of moves left to make. If Biedrins leaves, then who is our Big man? We would need to acquire some one quick. I think Josh Smith would be a good pickup. But he won't be cheap. The offseason is Far from over. And I think that Mullin has done an EXCELENT job this offseason on Building a bench, while acquire two new starters. (Maggette, Williams.)

Joe505
07-27-2008, 01:49 AM
You guys lost your best player (Baron), a pretty good role player that should have bounced back this year (Barnes), and a pretty good defensive player (Azubuike).

You guys got Ellis running the 1 and Captain Jack running the 2. Corey will be at the 3.

I would say the teams you guys are competing for the 7th and 8th spots are:

Denver
Blazers
Clippers

Sorry I think Blazers are an ink. So that leaves
AI, Melo, J.R. Smith, and Co.
Baron, Gordon, Thorton, Camby, and Kaman
Ellis, Captain Jack, and Corey.

It's a tossup but I can say I like 33% better than anything lower.

Someone tell me when we lost Buike???

ridere46
07-27-2008, 03:06 AM
it's a toss-up between the warriors and portland. with denver having no defense at all (ahemm! camby for a 2nd round pick?), either team can make a serious run at the last spot.

TruWarrior
07-27-2008, 03:31 AM
I think on Phoenix teamed with Steve Nash, Barnes has a chance to put up some numbers and like Diaw on the Suns with Nash, has a chance to be Most Improved player. I can see Barnes doing 12-14 pts. 6 boards and 3 assists 1 stea. A stat line like that can put him in the running.

THERE IS NO CHANCE BARNES AVERAGES THOSE KIND OF NUMBERS. HE WILL NOT HAVE THE FREEDOM IN PHOENIX THAT HE HAD WITH THE WARRIORS

TruWarrior
07-27-2008, 03:42 AM

TRU WARRIOR FANS DON'T THINK LIKE THAT, YEAH WE LOST BARON BUT LOOK WHAT WE GO IN RETURN MAGS, RONNY AND MARCUS IF WE RESIGNED BARON WE WOULD HAVE THE SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR WITH NO BENCH. WE HAVE SO MANY MORE OPTIONS GOING INTO THIS YEAR THAN LAST YEAR I'M EXCITED TO SEE NELSON GET A HOLD OF RHESE GUYS AND TURN THEM INTO WINNERS WE HAVE ALL THE RIGHT PIECES WE CAN GO 12 DEEP ON OUR BENCH, LAST YEAR WE WENT 8. MULLIN HAS DONE A GREAT JOB PUTTING THIS TEAM TOGETHER AND AS WARRIOR FANS WE SHOULD EXPECT NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO COME FROM THIS TEAM

ridere46
07-27-2008, 03:46 AM
Marcus Williams will be our starting Point Gaurd on Opening night. Biedrins probably won't be playing for any American teams. And I think the Warriors still have a couple of moves left to make. If Biedrins leaves, then who is our Big man? We would need to acquire some one quick. I think Josh Smith would be a good pickup. But he won't be cheap. The offseason is Far from over. And I think that Mullin has done an EXCELENT job this offseason on Building a bench, while acquire two new starters. (Maggette, Williams.)

I hope MW pans out. I really liked him at Uconn. As much as want to believe that he will start and have Monta back at the SG spot. I don't think it will happen. If he does, someone's gonna come off the bence: Jackson or Magg? There will be times either one of those guys will play the PF spot when they run small but right now I don't see it. Anyways, I hope Biedrins stays and Mully and the rest of the org. is doing a great job. It's been a crazy off season.

TruWarrior
07-27-2008, 03:49 AM
I wish there was a way in which we can bet some money I say the Warriors don't win 50 games, because that very well may be the amount of games the Dubs will need to win to make the playoffs. We can meet at a Starbucks or Barnes and Noble for payment. I'd say a game, but I rarely go to games. Any takers???

NICE FAN BET AGAINEST YOUR TEAM

oracle650
07-27-2008, 04:31 AM

that's how it is around here.

gowarriors
07-27-2008, 09:21 AM
the team's roster is not even settled yet and you're all saying that the warriors will not make the playoffs.

What happened to We Believe or was that all bull****

Trust me, a trade is in the works that will make this team a viable contender.

Aliengames
07-27-2008, 10:01 AM

Off topic... but nice 420 posts :smoking:

garlicboy
07-27-2008, 12:22 PM

Okay true warrior, bet against me then, I'm about to PM others who want to put up some money.

likemystylez
07-27-2008, 04:13 PM
the team's roster is not even settled yet and you're all saying that the warriors will not make the playoffs.

What happened to We Believe or was that all bull****

Trust me, a trade is in the works that will make this team a viable contender.

I would love to trust you... but let me tell you a little story about last summer. After the J rich trade, I listened to all the radio talk shows and they all said Mullin wouldnt trade J rich unless he knew for sure it would bring the team a star. The talk shows mentioned a deal that nearly went down on draft day for kevin garnett.

so after the trade I waited, and I too believed Mullin was going to get some superstar to take us to the top 3 or 4 teams in the west.

Then boston traded and got kevin garnett, that should have been the writing on the wall... that mullin found himself half way through open heart surgery when the lights went out. He had already traded J rich... and he missed out on garnett. he apparenty did not have a back up plan at all.

Yet- i stayed optamistic... thinking to myself "well we still have a 10 million dollar trade exception, and a few guys who are at their highest possible trade value (Barnes, Pietrus, Harrington)....Mullin MUST have had a plan in the works when he let richardson go.... for some player who probably wont even get playing time in a don nelson offense.

Training camp came around- and the biggest addition to the team was troy hudson.... a capable back up PG, and a guy who could score the ball..... then Mullin just lets him go a month into the season. Mullin does that a lot with hudson, webber, and wagner.

So this year- I think i would be a fool to expect mullin to land a superstar. He failed to trade baron before he bolted, he failed to use the 10 million dollar trade exception. (IMO he had to do atleast one of those 2 things- common sense should tell you that)

He failed to land gilbert arenas, he failed to land elton brand. He let davis walk away for nothing. For those who think corey maggette and turiaf will replace davis as a go to guy the last 3 minutes of the game-im sorry but you're in for a let down.

You wait for that blockbuster trade thats in the works, and you can say "I told you so" if it goes down. Unlike Mullin, I will learn from my mistake last year and not get my hopes up. IM excited to see anthony randolph though. Perahaps it isnt a good time to be a good team in the west anyways.

TruWarrior
07-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Okay true warrior, bet against me then, I'm about to PM others who want to put up some money.

U ARE A CONFUSED MAN ONE MINUTE U SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE WARRIORS THE NEXT MINUTE UR BASHING THEM, MAKE UP UR MIND. WHY WOULD I BET WITH SOMEONE WHO IS A WARRIORS FAN [OR AT LEAST SAYS HE IS] ABOUT HOW MANY WINS R TEAM WILL GET, AREN'T WE SUPPOSED TO BE ROOTING FOR THE SAME TEAM

TruWarrior
07-27-2008, 06:13 PM
I would love to trust you... but let me tell you a little story about last summer. After the J rich trade, I listened to all the radio talk shows and they all said Mullin wouldnt trade J rich unless he knew for sure it would bring the team a star. The talk shows mentioned a deal that nearly went down on draft day for kevin garnett.

so after the trade I waited, and I too believed Mullin was going to get some superstar to take us to the top 3 or 4 teams in the west.

Then boston traded and got kevin garnett, that should have been the writing on the wall... that mullin found himself half way through open heart surgery when the lights went out. He had already traded J rich... and he missed out on garnett. he apparenty did not have a back up plan at all.

Yet- i stayed optamistic... thinking to myself "well we still have a 10 million dollar trade exception, and a few guys who are at their highest possible trade value (Barnes, Pietrus, Harrington)....Mullin MUST have had a plan in the works when he let richardson go.... for some player who probably wont even get playing time in a don nelson offense.

Training camp came around- and the biggest addition to the team was troy hudson.... a capable back up PG, and a guy who could score the ball..... then Mullin just lets him go a month into the season. Mullin does that a lot with hudson, webber, and wagner.

So this year- I think i would be a fool to expect mullin to land a superstar. He failed to trade baron before he bolted, he failed to use the 10 million dollar trade exception. (IMO he had to do atleast one of those 2 things- common sense should tell you that)

He failed to land gilbert arenas, he failed to land elton brand. He let davis walk away for nothing. For those who think corey maggette and turiaf will replace davis as a go to guy the last 3 minutes of the game-im sorry but you're in for a let down.

You wait for that blockbuster trade thats in the works, and you can say "I told you so" if it goes down. Unlike Mullin, I will learn from my mistake last year and not get my hopes up. IM excited to see anthony randolph though. Perahaps it isnt a good time to be a good team in the west anyways.

MAYBE U HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT YET BUT OUR GO TO GUY IS MONTA, GIVE HIM THE CHANCE TO BE OUR SUPERSTAR. WE HAVE 66 MILLION REASONS TO GIVE HIM A SHOT

Mr. 3 Stacks
07-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Exceptional point made by likemystylez.
n I feel ya TruWarrior, I wish the warriors to be playoff contenders every year....but while we are rebuilding our squad, we got squads in the west that are ready to contend for championships ( i dont think we have to name them). Seems like any team in the west can make a case and point to contend for a 7th or 8th spot.
Too much change has happened to the Warriors for them to be ready. i say they get 40+ wins but an 8th will need damn near 50 (IMO). In 2+ years, I will be predicting the warriors to go to the finals, talent is there no doubt and I DO BELIEVE. I would like to end it on a quote said by likemystylez " Perhaps it isnt a good time to be a good team in the west anyways"

TOTES
07-27-2008, 06:59 PM
i love people who think monta wont be able to lead this team. the more the critics talk about his inability to play pg the more fired up he'll be for the upcoming season. he'll be a leader of this team without a doubt.

i watched this video a couple days ago and laughed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMzibjK8_Ws

ULT WARRIOR408
07-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Yeah Monta Will Due Just Fine At Point

ULT WARRIOR408
07-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Now That Biedrins Is Coming Back The Playoffs Are A Lock

oracle650
07-27-2008, 11:44 PM
^that is news.

likemystylez
07-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Now That Biedrins Is Coming Back The Playoffs Are A Lock

Im rooten for ya to win that 500 bucks buddy.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-28-2008, 01:01 AM
Due You Want Me To Tell You Who To Wright The Check Out Too

likemystylez
07-28-2008, 01:47 AM
Due You Want Me To Tell You Who To Wright The Check Out Too

if the team is over .500 in feburary, Ill start given you props... if not Ill let you pay me in instalments if you want :D

ULT WARRIOR408
07-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Very Funny

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 11:52 PM
The Results Are In Judging By Majority Votes We Will Make The Post Season. Thanks For Voting Everbody

garlicboy
07-30-2008, 12:04 AM

Solid post.

garlicboy
07-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Exceptional point made by likemystylez.
n I feel ya TruWarrior, I wish the warriors to be playoff contenders every year....but while we are rebuilding our squad, we got squads in the west that are ready to contend for championships ( i dont think we have to name them). Seems like any team in the west can make a case and point to contend for a 7th or 8th spot.
Too much change has happened to the Warriors for them to be ready. i say they get 40+ wins but an 8th will need damn near 50 (IMO). In 2+ years, I will be predicting the warriors to go to the finals, talent is there no doubt and I DO BELIEVE. I would like to end it on a quote said by likemystylez " Perhaps it isnt a good time to be a good team in the west anyways"

Couldn't agree more. I think we'll be good, but I've said months ago that it may take 50 or more wins to make the playoffs. With Ron Artest on the Rockets, they're looking more and more like a lock to make it. Even more so if they resign Carl Landry.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-30-2008, 12:14 AM
The West Is Not Gonna Be As Crazy As Last Year We'll Get In No Matter What & The Still Cant Match Up To Us

ejdacanay
07-30-2008, 12:28 AM
The West Is Not Gonna Be As Crazy As Last Year We'll Get In No Matter What & The Still Cant Match Up To Us

lol you act like its a sure thing.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Im Sure Like The Deodaraint Commercails

likemystylez
07-30-2008, 12:17 PM
lol you act like its a sure thing.

he's got 5 bills riding on it, Ult warrior's strong belief in the dubz making the post season is going to make somebody some cash.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-30-2008, 12:35 PM
we're deeper this year... The thing about last year was we had to ride our horses for 48 minutes for 82 games.. This year if someone is not well enough at any point of the game, we have the bench to immediately get someone off it and plug him into the game..
We will be fresher, deeper, more talented and hungry. I think we are playoff bound..
Denver, Mavs i think will slip...
Im not sold yet on the blazers until Oden plays a game.. Remember his whole career he has almost been inactive because of injuries..

garlicboy
07-30-2008, 02:33 PM
^ Our Bench is still not proven, but it is a year older.

Lost: Baron, MP, Barnes,Croshere,
Gained: Maggette, Turiaf, Marcus, Randolph,

We gained some players, but we also lost a lot of quality players who played some great defense. Not sure how Belinelli or Wright can handle playing defense. Belinelli is susecptible man to man, and Wright in the post man to man. People say we're deeper, but the players on our bench are unproven. Belinelli can play O no D, Wright was an average player in the Summer league.

I think the surprise contributor will be Randolph, playing more minutes than Wright, and the big question mark is Marcus Williams. If he can play, our bench will be deep with Randolp, Az, Marcus and Turiaf.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-30-2008, 02:39 PM
What We Lost Has Been Replaced I Feel

cali72888
07-30-2008, 03:15 PM
we lost baron, thats it.
pietrus, barnes, and chrochier did nothing for us last season.
the gain of turiaf, williams, maggette, randolph, handrix, morrow(if he makes the team) will be a great addition to the warriors.

when you say we dont have baron to finish games in the last three mins are you kidding??
baron won just as many games as he lost within the last three mins last season, i would personally rather have ellis take the final shot then depend on baron to shoot up a brick.
you know why i think our team will make the playoffs?
because without baron on our team we will have a different level of maturity in the locker room. baron was known for partying on game nights and staying out late the night before games( friend saw him at 2 in the morning at the strip club night before a game that we ended up losing, baron playing poorly). without him, i think our locker room will work alot harder, and have alot more chemestry.
maggette is two times the man baron was off the court and a few assists shy of barons production on the court. corey already stated that he wants to mentor the young players around him through them seeing how he works out before practice, eats correctly, and treats his body how a nba player should(not like baron sipping some hennessey with some frisco hood rat strippers night before a game).
i think we have a better chance at making the playoffs without baron then if he kept him.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Well Said Bruh

oracle650
07-30-2008, 04:19 PM
baron sipping some hennessey with some frisco hood rat strippers night before a game).
i think we have a better chance at making the playoffs without baron then if he kept him.

LMAO

ejdacanay
07-30-2008, 04:26 PM
we lost baron, thats it.
pietrus, barnes, and chrochier did nothing for us last season.
the gain of turiaf, williams, maggette, randolph, handrix, morrow(if he makes the team) will be a great addition to the warriors.

when you say we dont have baron to finish games in the last three mins are you kidding??
baron won just as many games as he lost within the last three mins last season, i would personally rather have ellis take the final shot then depend on baron to shoot up a brick.
you know why i think our team will make the playoffs?
because without baron on our team we will have a different level of maturity in the locker room. baron was known for partying on game nights and staying out late the night before games( friend saw him at 2 in the morning at the strip club night before a game that we ended up losing, baron playing poorly). without him, i think our locker room will work alot harder, and have alot more chemestry.
maggette is two times the man baron was off the court and a few assists shy of barons production on the court. corey already stated that he wants to mentor the young players around him through them seeing how he works out before practice, eats correctly, and treats his body how a nba player should(not like baron sipping some hennessey with some frisco hood rat strippers night before a game).

LOL @ the bolded part.

Pietrus is a very good defender, especially coming from the weak side, his awareness is what pisses people off, but he was a very valuable asset in my opinion.

likemystylez
12-23-2008, 11:42 AM
^suns are slipping off. spurs as well. we already know what dallas and denver are about. and now that we have more length for boards we'll be on utah's helmet. we are playoff bound YEAH I SAID IT!!! remember you heard it here first LOL wtf in real life we didn't loose any offense with bd goin and #50 arriving. turiaf coming into to clean the glass. biedrins and ellis making it look easy. buke to bother princess kobe. harrington might make an appearence or 2. jack stacks to shoot ur eye out like the xmas movie. YEAH I SAID IT!!! PLAY OFF BOUND!!!!

Ummm I still think we lost some offense

likemystylez
12-23-2008, 11:49 AM

Im still here ready to bet 500 bucks? and im not full of ****. Where is this fool and all the people who agreed with him?

garlicboy
12-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Im still here ready to bet 500 bucks? and im not full of ****. Where is this fool and all the people who agreed with him?

Did you really think this ghetto fool was really going to keep his word? I can't beleive you actually thought this guy was going to pay up. Iffy as it is with someone on the web, but this fool?

likemystylez
12-23-2008, 04:04 PM
I dont know if id expect him to pay up... but he was the one who said I was full of @@$%^.... if had no intention on honoring the bet... why call someone out for disagreeing if you yourself dont believe in what you are arguing.

Giantwarrior
12-23-2008, 05:56 PM
we will end up with about 30 by the end of the year if were lucky, and we'll probably have the 5-8th pick in the draft.

likemystylez
01-31-2009, 02:42 AM

Im still here punk! and everyone on this board... Id like to point out that That ULT warrior has got to be the least credible source on this board. I actually think he should be kicked off the boards.

If your going to have the audacity to call someone out like this. You dont diserve any respect from here on out.

I usually dont make personal attacks, but you really should be recognized as a moron, and a panzy who can only pull these scams off over the computer.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-31-2009, 03:16 AM
stop crying you lil ***** like i said we never shook on it & if you like betting so much tak your *** to reno or vegas no one cares that i aint paying you so grab some tissue & dry your eyes

Giantwarrior
01-31-2009, 03:50 AM
Are you serious? You guys are actually thinking about playoffs? NO they will not make the playoffs. Warriors will be 10th or below in the west.

mcgswfan
01-31-2009, 05:15 AM
What Warriors team are all of you watching? We don't have a snowball's chance in hell at making the playoffs. We are currently 15 and 32 after that glorious workmanlike win over the Hornets tonight. Great to see the team play a little defense and grab an occasional rebound for once. Anyway, 47 games played, 35 to go. In order for us to make the playoffs we need to win at about a 80% clip for the rest of the season so 8 out of every 10 games. That would net us a remaining games record of about 27 and 8 which would put us at 42 and 40, which may not be enough to make the playoffs. To ensure that we make the playoffs we would really need to win at about a 90% clip. Do any of you see us actually doing that? Going 31 and 4 over the last 35 games and ending up 46 and 36 because I sure don't. I just want the team to get healthy and familiar with each other for the remaining games and more playing time for the rookies, of course. Start to build the foundation for next year a possibly make a serious push for the playoffs in maybe 2-3 years.

likemystylez
01-31-2009, 12:01 PM
What Warriors team are all of you watching? We don't have a snowball's chance in hell at making the playoffs. We are currently 15 and 32 after that glorious workmanlike win over the Hornets tonight. Great to see the team play a little defense and grab an occasional rebound for once. Anyway, 47 games played, 35 to go. In order for us to make the playoffs we need to win at about a 80% clip for the rest of the season so 8 out of every 10 games. That would net us a remaining games record of about 27 and 8 which would put us at 42 and 40, which may not be enough to make the playoffs. To ensure that we make the playoffs we would really need to win at about a 90% clip. Do any of you see us actually doing that? Going 31 and 4 over the last 35 games and ending up 46 and 36 because I sure don't. I just want the team to get healthy and familiar with each other for the remaining games and more playing time for the rookies, of course. Start to build the foundation for next year a possibly make a serious push for the playoffs in maybe 2-3 years.

I agree. Why do you think I bet 500 bucks that they would not make the play offs, and I even offered 2-1 odds. I just want to know where all the 24 people from this board who voted YES the warriors will make the play offs.

Deebo911
01-31-2009, 12:04 PM
We would have to run off 8-9 straight starting right now to get back in it . Both the Jazz and the Suns are 4-6 in their last 10 games but they havent had any pressure on them even though they are struggling .If a third team entered that picture with the 8th and 9th place teams I think one would fold probably the jazz as Boozer being out is catching up with them.

They would have to win every game from here to the all star break in 2 weeks

@Rockets
Vs Spurs
Vs Suns
@Suns
Vs Jazz
vs knicks
Vs Blazers

all star break

vs Lakers
vs Thunder
@Clipps
vs Bobcats

that takes us to March

Those close losses are gonna really hurt us b4 all this is over . If we can somehow go 9-2 lol or 10-1 we have a chance and considering 8 of the games are at home there was once a point in time where our chances would be even greater because we have the games at home .

likemystylez
01-31-2009, 12:06 PM
stop crying you lil ***** like i said we never shook on it & if you like betting so much tak your *** to reno or vegas no one cares that i aint paying you so grab some tissue & dry your eyes

it aint about the 500 bucks, I could live without it.....I just dont like being scammed

Its more about- why would you call somebody out and question their integrity when you yourself arent even man enough to honor the bet. I just dont get what the point is in even aggreeing to the bet..... would you have wanted to get paid if they got in?

Your basically pulling a scam,

I do bet in vegas, but nobody there is stupid enough to bet on the warriors making the play offs. No offense to the other 24 people who said they were a lock.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-31-2009, 12:51 PM
If they got in the playoffs & you didnt pay i wouldnt be crying like you

oracle650
01-31-2009, 02:09 PM
it aint about the 500 bucks, I could live without it.....I just dont like being scammed

Its more about- why would you call somebody out and question their integrity when you yourself arent even man enough to honor the bet. I just dont get what the point is in even aggreeing to the bet..... would you have wanted to get paid if they got in?

Your basically pulling a scam,

I do bet in vegas, but nobody there is stupid enough to bet on the warriors making the play offs. No offense to the other 24 people who said they were a lock.

how is that a scam? if you are expecting someone to pay you have never seen or shooken hands:eyebrow: honestly that bet should have been dumped when ellis got hurt. and yes we would have made the playoffs. you idiots on here can whine about defense all you want when our offense is our defense. have you dweebs, nerds, and squares even heard of don nelson?

oracle650
01-31-2009, 02:17 PM
ps that psd betting is very petty man

oracle650
01-31-2009, 02:18 PM
very very petty.

GSW fan
01-31-2009, 03:31 PM
4% chance we make it

likemystylez
01-31-2009, 03:50 PM
If they got in the playoffs & you didnt pay i wouldnt be crying like you

If i called someone out like that and questioned their integrity, I would feel like a fool if I didnt hold up my end of the bet.

if you dont remember...

Originally Posted by ULT WARRIOR408

likemystylez
01-31-2009, 04:14 PM
how is that a scam? if you are expecting someone to pay you have never seen or shooken hands:eyebrow: honestly that bet should have been dumped when ellis got hurt. and yes we would have made the playoffs. you idiots on here can whine about defense all you want when our offense is our defense. have you dweebs, nerds, and squares even heard of don nelson?

LMA- YOU are calling people on this idiots? Take a gander at the early parts of the thread bro. YOU sir are one of the idiots who not only thought the warriors would make the play offs- If im not mistaken, you went as far as saying they are better than last year. Even your boy don nelson doesnt think this team is as good as last year.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-31-2009, 07:29 PM
whats the purpose of bringing this thread back its not gonna make me you get over it. it wasnt a legit bet

oracle650
01-31-2009, 07:33 PM
LMA- YOU are calling people on this idiots? Take a gander at the early parts of the thread bro. YOU sir are one of the idiots who not only thought the warriors would make the play offs- If im not mistaken, you went as far as saying they are better than last year. Even your boy don nelson doesnt think this team is as good as last year.

ellis wrapped this season up. just like you should have wrapped that bet up. best player 2nd imo goes down and you think that doesn't effect our chances of winning? like I said just plain stupid. this team improved on blocks and boards. another thing is we'd win a few more games, if nelly would rotate better. people in the game cold shooting, while morrow is chilling on the bench. we got the team, don't know what the hell nelson is doin. and yes I'm calling you and most of this forum dumb. you guys can't play basketball, and obviously don't know what your watching either. raggin on jackson all the time. only people that play d is him, biedrins, and turiaf. like I said healthy team we woulda won 40 at least. of course your not gonna agree because you think ult will pay you and santa is coming in december.

likemystylez
01-31-2009, 10:51 PM
ellis wrapped this season up. just like you should have wrapped that bet up. best player 2nd imo goes down and you think that doesn't effect our chances of winning? like I said just plain stupid. this team improved on blocks and boards. another thing is we'd win a few more games, if nelly would rotate better. people in the game cold shooting, while morrow is chilling on the bench. we got the team, don't know what the hell nelson is doin. and yes I'm calling you and most of this forum dumb. you guys can't play basketball, and obviously don't know what your watching either. raggin on jackson all the time. only people that play d is him, biedrins, and turiaf. like I said healthy team we woulda won 40 at least. of course your not gonna agree because you think ult will pay you and santa is coming in december.

bud you know nothing about gambling- ok people get hurt in sports, theres no way you could put a contingency on injuries. If 10 west coast teams plane crashed and the warriors got in by default then i would be a loser... I didnt add that in as a contingency. Thats ridiculous to nullify a bet if a player gets hurt.

As for not knowing anything about playing basketball??? Im not sure how you were able to prove that. It isnt just the fans on here who are giving jackson and the warriors a hard time.... tnt announcers (guys who have played and coached basketball the last 30 years) are saying that about warriors players... it aint like I see any of the coaches pulling for him to be an all star. Besides- if jackson is sooo great- hed figure out a way to get this team in the play offs.

if the season was wrapped up by ellis- why wouldnt the team just forfit all their games? I mean theres no point in risking an injury to any of the players if the team has no chance at doing anything. They beat boston, they beat the hornets in new orleans... this team clearly had the talant with or without monta to be atleast .500, the guys just didnt want it bad enough.

As for me not knowing a lot about basketball because I see flaws in jacksons game? Ive played and coached through varsity basketballfor about 10 yrs. Thats part of the reason I KNEW the warriors were not a play off team. They werent a playoff team with ellis AND baron last year... not sure why u think ellis would make a difference this year... he actually looks even worse from what ive seen.(ps dont give me he was hurt for 9 months.... because hes suppose to be a fast healer)

When jackson stands in one place for 12 seconds and then shoots a jump shot with his man right on him. THATS not good basketball, he frequently does that. Rather than use that 12 seconds to run a give and go, come off a pick, or even attempt to penatrate... he does nothing and shoots the SAME shot he had to begin with. Im all for the tripple theat position, but do something to create a good scoring oppertunity.... when you have 4 capable 20 ppg scorers on your team... you should be able to get something better than that.

I cant think of another player in the league who I see do nothing with the ball for more time than jackson.

oracle650
01-31-2009, 11:18 PM
bud you know nothing about gambling- ok people get hurt in sports, theres no way you could put a contingency on injuries. If 10 west coast teams plane crashed and the warriors got in by default then i would be a loser... I didnt add that in as a contingency. Thats ridiculous to nullify a bet if a player gets hurt.

As for not knowing anything about playing basketball??? Im not sure how you were able to prove that. It isnt just the fans on here who are giving jackson and the warriors a hard time.... tnt announcers (guys who have played and coached basketball the last 30 years) are saying that about warriors players... it aint like I see any of the coaches pulling for him to be an all star. Besides- if jackson is sooo great- hed figure out a way to get this team in the play offs.

if the season was wrapped up by ellis- why wouldnt the team just forfit all their games? I mean theres no point in risking an injury to any of the players if the team has no chance at doing anything. They beat boston, they beat the hornets in new orleans... this team clearly had the talant with or without monta to be atleast .500, the guys just didnt want it bad enough.

As for me not knowing a lot about basketball because I see flaws in jacksons game? Ive played and coached through varsity basketballfor about 10 yrs. Thats part of the reason I KNEW the warriors were not a play off team. They werent a playoff team with ellis AND baron last year... not sure why u think ellis would make a difference this year... he actually looks even worse from what ive seen.(ps dont give me he was hurt for 9 months.... because hes suppose to be a fast healer)

When jackson stands in one place for 12 seconds and then shoots a jump shot with his man right on him. THATS not good basketball, he frequently does that. Rather than use that 12 seconds to run a give and go, come off a pick, or even attempt to penatrate... he does nothing and shoots the SAME shot he had to begin with. Im all for the tripple theat position, but do something to create a good scoring oppertunity.... when you have 4 capable 20 ppg scorers on your team... you should be able to get something better than that.

I cant think of another player in the league who I see do nothing with the ball for more time than jackson.

yup:yawn:

Deebo911
02-01-2009, 05:08 PM

THANK YOU for saving me the time of having to post the same thing.Ive watched basketball a long time and I have never been more disgusted with anything basketball related as I am to this teams relationship with jax right now .

This guy is killing us and hes gotten worse since Monta came back .Yes hes a tough gritty player but hes lost all sense of his capabilities right now and Nelson is like an enabler.

Some of the turnovers he makes as well as Maggette are due to pure selfishness .They decide they are not gonna pass even before the get the ball and as soon as they do it always results in a turnover.

We dont have a lebron or Kobe so everyone has to be held accountable to playing as a team and sharing the ball. Jax thinks hes a leader because hes tough but being tough doesnt make you a leader doing whats best for the team even when it may not be whats best for your personally is what makes you a leader.

mcgswfan
02-01-2009, 05:15 PM
I Agree with likemystylez. Mostly about the fact that the team should get better scoring opportunities with 4 20+ capable scorers. The one part I don't agree with is the Jackson standing around for 12 seconds and shooting, he does that far less than you say, however my problem with Jackson, and I see it all the time is, he can't handle the ball for crap. The commentators seem to think he can and apparently Nelson believes it too but when I see him dribble into trouble (aka down the middle and into double and triple teams) he loses the ball 9 times out of 10 and this is the one thing I am just sick and tired of seeing because it happens over and over again, just like their lack of securing rebounds which I have also complained about numerous times. Jackson shouldn't touch the ball on offense period, unless it is to catch and shoot, or to make a quick pass to a cutter. The only team members that should be dribbling into trouble like that are Ellis, Crawford and on occasion, Watson. Maggette on the wings is ok as well but he also looses the ball constantly when he dribbles into the middle of the lane. Just think if the Warriors could have 3-5 less turnovers/empty possessions and secure 5-15 more rebounds per game, they would be a legitimate playoff team.

mcgswfan
02-01-2009, 05:26 PM
It's the lack of this team's basketball IQ and Neslon not making in-game adjustments to help remedy the weaknesses when they occur that drives me insane and makes me call for his head. I mean seriously Nelson, can you not see all those turnovers by Jackson when you are right there on the bench during the game or when you review the films? Or maybe this team doesn't review film and tries to conveniently forget that Jackson leads the league in TO's per game.