PDA

View Full Version : What NBA Franchises and Teams are committed to doing whatever they can to win?

JordansBulls
07-24-2008, 05:26 PM
It's obvious that in the NBA, every franchise wants to be profitable, however with that in mind, here is a 3 part question involving every NBA team.

Part 1
Which franchises seem to do whatever it takes to build a winning program no matter the cost?

Part 2
Which franchises just do enough to be profitable?

Part 3
Which franchises only care about the profits?

canzano55
07-24-2008, 05:37 PM
I think everyone wants to win eventually, it just depends on the timing and opportunity that determines whether or not a club is ready to give it everything.

Just when I thought the Celtics were ready to close the shop and squeeze whatever money they could out of the fans with a bad team, in one offseason they gambled it all and won an NBA championship.

There are perhaps a few exceptions; Memphis was granted a team purely on speculation that the fans would receive the team just because Memphis is an NCAA town. However early evidence shows that management has no interest in gambling anything until they draft a prodigy player. Same can be said for Minny.

SwaggaIke
07-24-2008, 06:09 PM
The Heat should be in category 1 w/o question. Pat sold his soul to get us a ring.

durqtitan
07-24-2008, 06:50 PM
1. Lakers, Celtics, and possibly the Heat (they are trying very hard to rebuild), maybe even the Knicks (i know, trust me, i know. but they don't shy away from spending money to try to get better they just made really poor choices on who to spend the money on)

2.The Cavs - they know Lebron will pack the seats and win enough games to get by. Yeah, they made that trade at the end of the year, but it was basically a wash for all teams involved.

Denver - so close to putting the right parts together and they start dumping salaries.

3. Memphis - probably just because they are looking to sell

Clippers - If they had tried hard enough and acted like a quality organization that team could be close to elite right now

18colts29
07-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Mark Cuban does alot to win.

prash
07-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Rockets management are always out there to win it all.

They just have the worst luck.. although PHX and UTAH arguably have worse luck.