PDA

View Full Version : Based on each teams situation currently what would be the best possible '08-09 Finals

JordansBulls
07-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Based on each teams situation currently, what would be the best possible finals next year?

Rank your Top 3?

King Koopa
07-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Top 3

Heat vs Lakers
Heat vs Hornets
Heat vs Dallas again.

LayZbone
07-24-2008, 05:09 PM
^:pity:. come on koopa...you're basically opening the door for everyone to bash our team....we had the worst record last year, that's not realistic.

I say the Lakers v. Celtics would be nice, as would Magic v. Hornets.

King Koopa
07-24-2008, 05:18 PM
^:pity:. come on koopa...you're basically opening the door for everyone to bash our team....we had the worst record last year, that's not realistic.

I say the Lakers v. Celtics would be nice, as would Magic v. Hornets.

Everyone has there own opinion and i really think the heat have a good team... we just need a soild center.

Pg Mario/Banks
Sg Wade/Cook
Sf Marion/Jones
Pf Beasley/Haslem
C ?????/Zo

We can trade wright for one... Maybe Sean from the nets.

black1605
07-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Lakers Celtics
Hornets Celtics
Lakers Magic

black1605
07-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Everyone has there own opinion and i really think the heat have a good team... we just need a soild center.

Pg Mario/Banks
Sg Wade/Cook
Sf Marion/Jones
Pf Beasley/Haslem
C ?????/Zo

thats counting on 2 rookies to come up big

not to mention that getting a solid center means potentially dealing Marion

SwaggaIke
07-24-2008, 05:22 PM
I'd love to see Orlando v.s N.O.

King Koopa
07-24-2008, 05:27 PM

Hey its riley, controling are team Im hes built championships teams over and over again what makes you think he wont pull out a crazy trade like before.

black1605
07-24-2008, 05:30 PM
yes, but this is based on current situation, not on potentiality of a trade

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I think a Kobe vs LeBron would be good. I think the Cavaliers will make a trade during the season to be able to make it to the finals.

King Koopa
07-24-2008, 05:31 PM

Besides didnt Okafor your own player avg 15/10 his rookie year...... and you putting down my players.... Im willing to make a Sig Bet that Beasley is going to avg. at least 15/10 as well.

kobe2008mvp
07-24-2008, 05:39 PM
lakers v.s. celtics (lakers would kill them if they had a rematch because everybody would be healthy)

lakers v.s. clevland(i want kobe to show lebron how it's done)

lakers v.s. orlando (i want kobe to dunk on howard again)

lakers v.s. sixers( i want my lakers to get payback on elton brand for disgracing the clippers even though i hate the clippers)

non-homer picks

hornets v.s. celtics

hornets v.s. magic

hornets v.s. clevland

pheonix v.s. orlando(superman v.s. superman)

durqtitan
07-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Lakers Vs Celtics - it would be fun, also that old school feel of two teams fighting it out for multiple years

Magic vs N.O. - The changing of the guard, the youngsters finally take over the NBA

Cavs vs Spurs - I know it kind of sucked last time around, but i think Lebron has come a long way and it would be solid basketball; also, a chance for Bron to take over the NBA

black1605
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Besides didnt Okafor your own player avg 15/10 his rookie year...... and you putting down my players.... Im willing to make a Sig Bet that Beasley is going to avg. at least 15/10 as well.

A-Oak is taller
B-He was on a first year expansion team...he was the teamm there was no wade or marion there to take shots away from him

Dirty Dirk41
07-24-2008, 05:54 PM

Pg Mario/Banks
Sg Wade/Cook
Sf Marion/Jones
Pf Beasley/Haslem
C ?????/Zo

I know your a fan of your team and thats great but your also the dumbest poster on these forums...lol.. The HEAT have a FUTURE, and THATS IT. They may not even get INTO the playoffs..They def wont get to the ECF and I GUARANTEE they dont get to the finals...but hey keep dreaming :smoking:

durqtitan
07-24-2008, 05:57 PM
A-Oak is taller
B-He was on a first year expansion team...he was the teamm there was no wade or marion there to take shots away from him

Plus, they won't get a big time center (even if you trade Marion). A rookie and a decent back-up PG. Beasley and Marion are undersized to be PF's and one of them will have to play the spot, if Marion is still there at the start of the season (which i doubt). To even have a shot at being over .500 Wade will have to stay healthy playing 48 mins a game all year. Beasley has guys that will take shots and rebounds away from him like Black says and he is undersized for the NBA at PF. I think he will for sure be a great player, but as a rookie and being forced to play out of position, he may average decent numbers but he won't be enough to elivate the Heat much higher than they were last year.

King Koopa
07-24-2008, 06:09 PM
A-Oak is taller

2 inches isnt much besides he has a 7"2 arm span not to mention he has a 3pt shot. Something that Oak didnt have.... Better yet oak can barely create for him self.

King Koopa
07-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Plus, they won't get a big time center (even if you trade Marion). A rookie and a decent back-up PG. Beasley and Marion are undersized to be PF's and one of them will have to play the spot, if Marion is still there at the start of the season (which i doubt). To even have a shot at being over .500 Wade will have to stay healthy playing 48 mins a game all year. Beasley has guys that will take shots and rebounds away from him like Black says and he is undersized for the NBA at PF. I think he will for sure be a great player, but as a rookie and being forced to play out of position, he may average decent numbers but he won't be enough to elivate the Heat much higher than they were last year.

Im pretty sure that, he played PF when he played for KSWC so whats the difference besides stop hating on him because hes 6"8 1/2 and hes going to be playing PF, i want to see a PF that plays him out in the 3pt line better yet can actually keep up with him.... I want to see Oak play Defense on him... and see if he can. Oak is too fat and slow.. No even better i want to see Every PF play Defense on him and see if they can keep up with him.

King Koopa
07-24-2008, 06:18 PM
And besides Im pretty sure we won a Championship with a PF that is 6"8 in haslem...... O but i forgot Brand is 6"9 and hes not good enough to grab 10-12 rebounds and score on bigger people. Just Imagine a Elton Brand but faster and with a 3pt shot, no one can guard that.

black1605
07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
whoa buddy, calm down, we arent attacking Beasley, it's just silly too have such high expectations

oh and oak is fat? please

King Koopa
07-24-2008, 06:41 PM
whoa buddy, calm down, we arent attacking Beasley, it's just silly too have such high expectations

oh and oak is fat? please

why do you think he had such a bad 2nd year, he was over weight.... he had to lose some pounds. Dont know how he is now because i dont watch bobcat games, because there never on national tv. And about the calming down part bro.... That goes to anyone that thinks beasley cant play the PF postion.

durqtitan
07-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I’m not attacking Beasley; I even said “he would for sure be a great player.” Haslem also had a tiny bit of help from a guy you may remember, Shaq my friend. A championship in college is not the same as an NBA title. Most people who cover the NBA say he (Beasley) should play the three because of his speed and outside range mixed with his size to bang smaller players around. I think he should have been the 1st pick in the draft. I'm simply saying that it is not fair to put such high hopes on the kid and a team that was in last the prior season, which is also still very young (and did not trade for kg, ray allen, and peirce. haha.) If Emeka is fat then you have odd perceptions of weight, the Olsen twins are probably comparable to the Hindenburg in your eyes. I'm just messing around, man. Let's keep it friendly. Trust me I understand sticking up for your team. I'm a die hard Titans fan for Christ sake. Not a day goes by that I don't argue Vince Young with somebody. I think your team made solid moves to get better and that Beasley will one day be an amazing NBA player. However, realistically this is not a championship team.

King Koopa
07-24-2008, 06:54 PM
I’m not attacking Beasley; I even said “he would for sure be a great player.” Haslem also had a tiny bit of help from a guy you may remember, Shaq my friend. A championship in college is not the same as an NBA title. Most people who cover the NBA say he (Beasley) should play the three because of his speed and outside range mixed with his size to bang smaller players around. I think he should have been the 1st pick in the draft. I'm simply saying that it is not fair to put such high hopes on the kid and a team that was in last the prior season, which is also still very young (and did not trade for kg, ray allen, and peirce. haha.) If Emeka is fat then you have odd perceptions of weight, the Olsen twins are probably comparable to the Hindenburg in your eyes. I'm just messing around, man. Let's keep it friendly. Trust me I understand sticking up for your team. I'm a die hard Titans fan for Christ sake. Not a day goes by that I don't argue Vince Young with somebody. I think your team made solid moves to get better and that Beasley will one day be an amazing NBA player. However, realistically this is not a championship team.

well said...... Beasley we create problems for PF because he can Shoot and he creates Problems for SF because he can Bang them up..... But the Championship thing i would have to agree but were not that far aways were just a Center away. Maybe not this year but next that are rookies Mario and Beasley have a Year under there belts, and know how things work... Watch out for the Heat. The only thing i want from the HEat this year is for them to make the Playoffs so that Beasley and Mario can get some EXP off of it and are other young players like Cook and wright too.

dre1990
07-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Lakers/Detroit
Lakers/Boston
Utah/Boston
Utah/Detroit
San Anonio/Boston
San Antonio/Detroit

bostncelts34
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Obviously..Celtics vs ANYONE..

but..

Celtics vs Lakers
Hornets vs Sixers
Rockets vs Magic

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
lakers v.s. celtics (lakers would kill them if they had a rematch because everybody would be healthy)

lakers v.s. clevland(i want kobe to show lebron how it's done)

lakers v.s. orlando (i want kobe to dunk on howard again)

lakers v.s. sixers( i want my lakers to get payback on elton brand for disgracing the clippers even though i hate the clippers)

non-homer picks

hornets v.s. celtics

hornets v.s. magic

hornets v.s. clevland

pheonix v.s. orlando(superman v.s. superman)

To bad he has had many chances and hasn't in any of them...

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
celtics/rockets
pistons/rockets
pistos/lakers

BigEric
07-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Hornets vs Magic seems to be exciting.

still1ballin
07-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Top 3

Heat vs Lakers
Heat vs Hornets
Heat vs Dallas again.

Man you really want your team to get spanked don't you?

JordansBulls
07-25-2008, 08:04 AM
I like to see good teams play in the finals so here are mine:

Boston vs Houston
Boston vs New Orleans
Boston vs Phoenix or San Antonio

king4day
07-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Since we're talking what would be the best possible finals and not the most likely one, I'm going with the following:

Suns/Knicks (for obvious reasons)
Hornets/Cavs
Portland/Bulls (if rose is a fast learner)