PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Re-sign Azubuike

gswhoops040
07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/warriors_resign_kelenna_azubuike.html

The Golden State Warriors have matched the contract offer submitted to restricted free agent guard Kelenna Azubuike by the Los Angeles Clippers, it was announced today by Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin. The Warriors had seven (7) days from receipt of the contract – Friday, July 18 - to match the offer from Los Angeles. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not announced.

“We are pleased to have Kelenna back in the fold,” said Mullin. “He’s a young and talented player who has continued to improve during his two seasons with our team. His versatility, athleticism and ability to shoot the 3-pointer certainly fit our style of play. Additionally, we think he will continue to improve and expand his game.”

no mo evans.

CityKid415
07-24-2008, 04:37 PM
ohh You beat me to this. But good job Warriors :clap:

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 04:47 PM
I Wanted Mo Eveans But This Is A Cool Signing Or Should Re-signing Im Glad For 2 Reasons. 1st Off We Spoiled The Clippers Plans. 2ndly It Makes Our Bench That Much Deeper

JLantern
07-24-2008, 04:49 PM
I Wanted Mo Eveans But This Is A Cool Signing Or Should Re-signing Im Glad For 2 Reasons. 1st Off We Spoiled The Clippers Plans. 2ndly It Makes Our Bench That Much Deeper

:clap::clap:

This is the most important reason IMO.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Nice,
Cheap signing, just hope it doesn't affect our cap space for future signings. But who cares!!! We got him and the Clips didn't take that Baron!!!

Thatruth32
07-24-2008, 04:54 PM
sweet...

lincecum=future
07-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Good. I think Buike brings more to the table than Mo Evans does at a younger age. He'll only get better from here.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 05:00 PM
We have MAJOR Offensive fire power next season!!!

Monta, Jax, Maggette, Al, Buike: These four guys can get 75-90 pts/game

Biedrins, Turiaf, Randolph: 30 pts/game

Williams just set the table baby!!!

We just need to play better Defense and hope Monta and Marcus can handle the piont.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 05:08 PM
After hearing of Evans signing with the Dubs, Baron and the Clippers must have felt like a youngster who was about to score on prom night but got
c-ckblocked by the parents!!!

Thatruth32
07-24-2008, 05:09 PM
After hearing of Evans signing with the Dubs, Baron and the Clippers must have felt like a youngster who was about to score on prom night but got
c-ckblocked by the parents!!!

:laugh::silly:

Conor
07-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Woooo I'm so glad Mullin came to his senses and chose Buike over Evans.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 05:22 PM
You Mean Nellie Came To His Senses

Warriorsforlife
07-24-2008, 05:47 PM
this guy is such a stud. I hope he really wanted to stay here. just wondering how all these guys are gonna stay satisfied. this bench is DEEP

ridere46
07-24-2008, 05:51 PM
thank goodness!!!

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
^ That's what I'm worried about. Hopefully we can deal Al at the deadline to free up some minutes for our youngsters.

Jimmy3702
07-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Great pickup. I to would love to see us trade Harrington so we can see Randolph & Wright battle it out.

lincecum=future
07-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Great pickup. I to would love to see us trade Harrington so we can see Randolph & Wright battle it out.

I don't think Randolph could handle PF. He should be slated in as a SF.I don't see him getting too much time besides garbage minutes this year unless if he really impresses.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 06:16 PM
^ Randolph is already better than Wright at PF. I expect Randolph to get more PT than people expect. If they trade Harrington and play Randolph, he can be a rookie of the year candidate if the Dubs fight for an 8th seed.

Thatruth32
07-24-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't think Randolph could handle PF. He should be slated in as a SF.I don't see him getting too much time besides garbage minutes this year unless if he really impresses.

i think ur right on one and wrong on the other...

i think ur right when it comes to him handling the pf postion i hope we dont play him at pf much at all

as far as him not playing much at all ... i think you couldnt be more wrong with all due respect... the kid has showed alot in summer league and nellie said we are going to play the kids.... my opion the kid is going to be a beast and we are in the hunt for the playoffs he could easly win ROY if he gets 20 25 min agame...

x_notorious
07-24-2008, 08:01 PM
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Kelenna Azubuike will return to the Golden State Warriors after the club matched the Los Angeles Clippers' three-year, $9 million contract offer for the shooting guard on Thursday.

Azubuike averaged 8.1 points and 4.0 rebounds in 81 games last season with the Warriors, who signed the former Kentucky guard out of the NBA Developmental League in January 2007. He started 17 games for Golden State, and he should see more playing time next season after Baron Davis' departure for the Clippers, Mickael Pietrus' signing with Orlando and Monta Ellis' expected move to point guard.

"We are pleased to have Kelenna back in the fold," said Chris Mullin, the Warriors' top basketball executive. "He's a young and talented player who has continued to improve during his two seasons with our team. His versatility, athleticism and ability to shoot the 3-pointer certainly fit our style of play."

Azubuike, a restricted free agent, signed the offer sheet with the Clippers last Friday, giving Golden State seven days to match it. The Warriors, who earlier signed high-scoring free agent swingman Corey Maggette from the Clippers, also signed forward Ronny Turiaf away from the Lakers last week with a similar offer-sheet deal.

Golden State also signed forward Richard Hendrix, its second-round pick in last month's draft.

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3503935)

Tmac416
07-24-2008, 09:06 PM
You Mean Nellie Came To His Senses

no he ment mullin

R.Miller
07-24-2008, 09:14 PM
lol way to stick to the clip clips!! Hopefully Kelenna gets better this season, with more minutes.

Lincoln Logs
07-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Good Signing, but we are pretty much loaded at the Wing spots.

Warriors#1
07-24-2008, 10:15 PM
this is a good singing.He will be good off the bench

WarriorFan4Life
07-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Resigning azabuke was a smart move. he is a young talent and will help boost the roster. when monta moves to pg and when a few years go bye, azabuke could be our starting sg. also the signing of monta to 6 yrs/66 mil was an excellent decision. monta has already proved himself to be a stud and he will get 30 ppg or close to it before the contract is up. Monta may even get that a couple years in a row