PDA

View Full Version : Shareholders Hostile to Overrated GM

servais77
07-24-2008, 01:58 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/24/shareholders-hostile-to-thompson/

Good

newdude
07-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Lol, 3/4? How many shareholders are there? Pretty funny though.

Greenngld
07-24-2008, 02:32 PM
According to MJS:

Thompson was next and was generally greeted with cheers. Many fans stood to applaud Thompson.

Greenngld
07-24-2008, 02:35 PM
ESPN:

Most of the 9,375 shareholders attending the meeting pleasantly applauded Thompson and team president and CEO Mark Murphy before giving a raucous standing ovation to head coach Mike McCarthy. The reaction seemed to indicate that many of the fans who own a tiny stake in the team they love are backing the front office in its ongoing standoff with the semiretired franchise quarterback.

RcrkllrH2
07-24-2008, 02:44 PM
two totally opposite stories of the same event....

i love journalism

Cullksinikers
07-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I hope Thompson gets assassinated when he speaks in public. That's evil, I'm just frustrated with everything and all of this nonsense.

beast
07-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I just saw some video from ESPN on the shareholders, and it seem like, the people on the out side were cheering "Bring Brett Back", on the inside, almost every one seem to stand and clapped for TT with some (not that many) boos.

hawkeye
07-24-2008, 04:53 PM
I hope Thompson gets assassinated when he speaks in public. That's evil, I'm just frustrated with everything and all of this nonsense.

Should I contract a terminal disease, I have a list of people in place (evil people that have wronged me bigtime) that I fully plan on torturing, and issuing a slow painful death to. I will give blood transfusions just to extend their misery before filming their horrific deaths followed by sending the gory tapes to each one of their family members.

Ted Thompson currently resides at #4 on my list.

socalpkrbkr
07-24-2008, 05:07 PM
LOL, probably not the best idea to say that in a public forum. Now you better hope you don't get that disease because you've showed your hand way too early.

servais77
07-24-2008, 05:14 PM
I will believe the non-biased source (profootballtalk) over the green bay press gazette.

servais77
07-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Should I contract a terminal disease, I have a list of people in place (evil people that have wronged me bigtime) that I fully plan on torturing, and issuing a slow painful death to. I will give blood transfusions just to extend their misery before filming their horrific deaths which ofcourse will be captured on film and then distributed to their families.

Who are 1, 2 and 3?

Martz
07-24-2008, 05:25 PM
two totally opposite stories of the same event....

i love journalism

It is trully a great american pastime. Makes me never want to trust the media.

Martz
07-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Should I contract a terminal disease, I have a list of people in place (evil people that have wronged me bigtime) that I fully plan on torturing, and issuing a slow painful death to. I will give blood transfusions just to extend their misery before filming their horrific deaths which ofcourse will be captured on film and then distributed to their families.

Dude hawkeye you got some real issue's man. Your like TT crazy *** stalker that can't wait to get him back to your secluded place where you can have your way with him. :D

hawkeye
07-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Who are 1, 2 and 3?

1. Jewish company owner that wiped out the rep firm my Dad and I had for over 20 years. He fired all independent reps across the country and replaced us all with a bunch of kids out of school. He figured that the territories were all established and would run themselves easily. My old man had been with them for over 30 years and it destroyed him. They fired all of us by fax. He will suffer before the eyes of his children.

2. Owner of adhesive firm that just canned 5 of us reps across the country a week ago. He pulled the plug after 4 months. I was making real headway and spending 4 nights a week on the road for them. The sales manager took me to lunch before I dropped him at O'Hare and then called me 2 hours later as I was driving to Omaha only to fire me over the phone instead of to my face that very afternoon. How weak is that? So those 2 guys are really 2A and 2B.

3. Owner of a business in Savage, MN that I set up. I literally doubled his business in 6 months after developing a new marketing program. He left me in the dust with nada. That's my own fault for not getting something in writing from him, but he needs to go as well. My stepson works for him and once he leaves the company, I'll be calling OSHA on his *** for starters as he has never been compliant. He has 4 daughters that will watch daddy suffer tremendous pain.

4. Ted. Actually, I wouldn't take Ted out. Doing so would destroy jericson and a few others, and I would hate to do that to a Packer brother (although a misguided one)

KngJones
07-24-2008, 06:06 PM
I will believe the non-biased source (profootballtalk) over the green bay press gazette.

How is profootballtalk more unbiased than gbpg? First of all, Mike Florio hates the Packers. Second, he cited a PFT reader AT the meeting (aka a Packers fan) as his source. How do we know this Packer fan isn't just a Favre supporter that hates TT?

Sorry but the press gazette is a much more credible source here, and not to mention sites like ESPN and Yahoo have reported that the fans gave TT an ovation. As much as you'd like to think they are backing Favre, most of the fans are behind TT and MM.

servais77
07-24-2008, 06:17 PM
How is profootballtalk more unbiased than gbpg? First of all, Mike Florio hates the Packers. Second, he cited a PFT reader AT the meeting (aka a Packers fan) as his source. How do we know this Packer fan isn't just a Favre supporter that hates TT?

Sorry but the press gazette is a much more credible source here, and not to mention sites like ESPN and Yahoo have reported that the fans gave TT an ovation. As much as you'd like to think they are backing Favre, most of the fans are behind TT and MM.

You do realize that ESPN and yahoo are just picking up the Green Bay story.

KngJones
07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
And here's more from jsonline:

It didn't take long for word to reach those on the lower level that Thompson was available and within a short time he was surrounded by fans and media. The majority of those who approached Thompson sought his autograph and supported him, telling him such things as:

"You have our support 100%."

"You guys couldn't have handled it any different,"

"You're doing a great job, keep it up."

"I just want you to know we support the whole team, whatever you decide."

The first sign of dissension occurred when a woman at the back of the pack yelled at Thompson, "Brett Favre deserves more respect than he got."

A Thompson supporter yelled back, "He retired, get over it."

There were a number of shareholders who wanted answers and were willing to press Thompson on why he won't take Favre back. They didn't get many answers.

robdizzle3
07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
On ESPN Sal Paolantontio reported that there was a standing o for Thompson but I dont respect Sal anymore for saying that Favre overrated so I dont trust his opinion

beast
07-24-2008, 06:22 PM

NON-biased? Aren't they Vikings and Jets fans?

When has that site been non-biased?

Every site is biased.

KngJones
07-24-2008, 06:25 PM
I liked this interaction between TT and a fan too:

Ellsworth was the most outspoken of those who approached Thompson. He told them that the Packers weren't going anywhere with Rodgers and wanted to know how Thompson could ignore the fact Favre led the Packers to a 13-3 record last year.

"I'm just saying we're not going to talk about that today," Thompson said. "I love the fact you're a Packer fan."

"What do you think is going to happen on that Monday night game against the Vikings," Ellsworth countered. "They're going to go after the weakest link on the chain."

"OK," Thompson said.

"That's going to be No. 12."

"Remember it's team. You like our team, don't you?"

servais77
07-24-2008, 06:29 PM
NON-biased? Aren't they Vikings and Jets fans?

When has that site been non-biased?

Every site is biased.

They are not directly tied to Green Bay and have no reason to sugarcoat things. Typically when that site misrepresents themselves they will change it and despite the Green Bay Gazette article they have not changed it. Which means they are standing by their story.

beast
07-24-2008, 06:33 PM
They are not directly tied to Green Bay and have no reason to sugarcoat things. Typically when that site misrepresents themselves they will change it and despite the Green Bay Gazette article they have not changed it. Which means they are standing by their story.

No, but have reason, to make thing sound worse than they are.

And that site usually doesn't have the whole story.

I think I get it, you just want to read the one that has the most anti TT right?

servais77
07-24-2008, 06:34 PM
No, but have reason, to make thing sound worse than they are.

And that site usually doesn't have the whole story.

I think I get it, you just want to read the one that has the most anti TT right?

They had someone there.

KngJones
07-24-2008, 06:36 PM
They had someone there.

A Packers shareholder. How is that more reliable than the press gazette, please explain.

beast
07-24-2008, 06:44 PM
They had someone there.

A Packers shareholder. How is that more reliable than the press gazette, please explain.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/24/shareholders-hostile-to-thompson/

Multiple reports indicate that the majority of the thousands of shareholders who showed up today in Green Bay were anti-Thompson and pro-Brett Favre.

The Green Bay Press Gazette reports that Thompson was greeted by a number of fans shouting, “Bring Brett back.” And a PFT reader who attended the meeting estimated that three-fourths of those in attendance were booing Thompson.

Yeah that sounds like know what their talking about :rolleyes:

They get their reports from others like "The Green Bay Press Gazette reports" and others.

And it's one person estimating, which he could be very biased.

And this is clearly spun, by P.F.T., this has little creditability. In fact a I would say the "The Green Bay Press Gazette reports" would have more creditability, because it's more of a direct source, and unlike that person might have are suppose to be unbiased. But again I think your just looking for the one that rips TT the most.

ryanph30
07-24-2008, 06:44 PM

I wouldn't and don't believe much of anything from PFT, very unreliable and many times inaccurate source.

Martz
07-24-2008, 06:50 PM
1. Jewish company owner that wiped out the rep firm my Dad and I had for over 20 years. He fired all independent reps across the country and replaced us all with a bunch of kids out of school. He figured that the territories were all established and would run themselves easily. My old man had been with them for over 30 years and it destroyed him. They fired all of us by fax. He will suffer before the eyes of his children.

2. Owner of adhesive firm that just canned 5 of us reps across the country a week ago. He pulled the plug after 4 months. I was making real headway and spending 4 nights a week on the road for them. The sales manager took me to lunch before I dropped him at O'Hare and then called me 2 hours later as I was driving to Omaha only to fire me over the phone instead of to my face that very afternoon. How weak is that? So those 2 guys are really 2A and 2B.

3. Owner of a business in Savage, MN that I set up. I literally doubled his business in 6 months after developing a new marketing program. He left me in the dust with nada. That's my own fault for not getting something in writing from him, but he needs to go as well. My stepson works for him and once he leaves the company, I'll be calling OSHA on his *** for starters as he has never been compliant. He has 4 daughters that will watch daddy suffer tremendous pain.

4. Ted. Actually, I wouldn't take Ted out. Doing so would destroy jericson and a few others, and I would hate to do that to a Packer brother (although a misguided one)

I feel for ya...that's pretty shotty the second one. Coward.

servais77
07-24-2008, 07:14 PM
The Green Bay Gazette and Milwaukee Journal Sentinal are flat out garbage. I stopped reading them a long time ago.

beast
07-24-2008, 07:32 PM
The Green Bay Gazette and Milwaukee Journal Sentinal are flat out garbage. I stopped reading them a long time ago.

If there garbage what is PFT? Dog :censored: that has been :censored: over and over? with a little :horse::crazy::bang::bla::sleep::offtopic::badidea ::bs::moon::puke:

KngJones
07-24-2008, 08:21 PM

Yeah, they don't come near matching the journalistic integrity of Mike Florio :rolleyes:

What a coincidence that everyone who agrees with your stance is legit, but all the real newspapers that disagree with you are garbage.

hawkeye
07-25-2008, 09:33 AM
I feel for ya...that's pretty shotty the second one. Coward.

Thanks Martz. Yeah, the guy is a weasel for not canning me to my face. I honestly think he fought to keep me as we got along very well, but when it came time to dump me he was too cowardly for the face to face. To let me drive an hour and a half from O'Hare - in the middle of nowhere only to fire me by phone is/was reprehensible. All this week I've been fighting for some serious commish that is owed.

Regarding the shareholder meeting, it did look like Packer brass was well recieved - except for the idiots in the atrium holding Brett signs. But you have to consider the fact that those shareholders are all mature adults with an average into their 40's and that they were being respectful with the warm reception. I want Brett back as much as anyone and have a pure hatred for TT, but I wouldn't have sat there in the meeting and booed like a child. There is such a thing as decorum regardless where you stand on the issue.

Martz
07-25-2008, 11:23 AM

I read the JS everyday...lil slice of home while I'm stationed here. I don't think it's garbage. one of my favorite writers, Michael Hunt, is VERY unbiased. Almost too unbiased.

Martz
07-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks Martz. Yeah, the guy is a weasel for not canning me to my face. I honestly think he fought to keep me as we got along very well, but when it came time to dump me he was too cowardly for the face to face. To let me drive an hour and a half from O'Hare - in the middle of nowhere only to fire me by phone is/was reprehensible. All this week I've been fighting for some serious commish that is owed.

Regarding the shareholder meeting, it did look like Packer brass was well recieved - except for the idiots in the atrium holding Brett signs. But you have to consider the fact that those shareholders are all mature adults with an average into their 40's and that they were being respectful with the warm reception. I want Brett back as much as anyone and have a pure hatred for TT, but I wouldn't have sat there in the meeting and booed like a child. There is such a thing as decorum regardless where you stand on the issue.

:clap:

Ryan Diesel
07-25-2008, 02:40 PM
I know another guy who used to get standing ovations. His first name was Adolf and his last name rhymes with Fitler.

Ryan Diesel
07-25-2008, 02:42 PM
I read the JS everyday...lil slice of home while I'm stationed here. I don't think it's garbage. one of my favorite writers, Michael Hunt, is VERY unbiased. Almost too unbiased.

ha ha I just love that his name is Michael Hunt. He should really change his name. And if he's so proud of it he should have people refer to him as Mike then.

nosferatu
07-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Come on Diesel, comparing TT's ovation with that of one of the worlds worst humans ever is laughable, also I don't believe TT has thousands of goose stepping brown shirts around him to "relocate" anyone who doesn't fall in line. I do believe that this whole situation could have been handled better on both sides, but I am going to assume that since you are a real Packer fan, not just a Favre fan, that you are still going to support our team no matter how this situation is resolved, right?

Ryan Diesel
07-26-2008, 02:29 PM
He is trying to send Favre to the gas chamber. I will always support the Packers, but trading/releasing Favre will put a black eye on our proud franchise that will be there forever. I really do not think that it makes sense in any way. No other team in their right mind would be getting rid of the greatest player in their franchise history that is coming off a pro bowl season. Especially for a guy who has never started a game and has been hurt twice in his short career. Once in PRACTICE. Big giant red flag to me. Karma can be a *****, and I'd hate to see this come back and haunt us.

servais77
07-26-2008, 02:42 PM
He is trying to send Favre to the gas chamber. I will always support the Packers, but trading/releasing Favre will put a black eye on our proud franchise that will be there forever. I really do not think that it makes sense in any way. No other team in their right mind would be getting rid of the greatest player in their franchise history that is coming off a pro bowl season. Especially for a guy who has never started a game and has been hurt twice in his short career. Once in PRACTICE. Big giant red flag to me. Karma can be a *****, and I'd hate to see this come back and haunt us.

Your wrong Favre had an MVP caliber season last year. :D

BrewCityBuck
07-26-2008, 03:43 PM
They showed the video of it on ESPN, their were scattered boo's but by and large Thompson got a warm welcome, who gives a **** anyway, lord.

socalpkrbkr
07-26-2008, 04:26 PM
^I would say YOU give a **** just by the fact that you come in here to post about it.:shrug:

BrewCityBuck
07-27-2008, 03:10 PM
^I would say YOU give a **** just by the fact that you come in here to post about it.:shrug:

I honestly could care less if Thompson got tomatoes thrown at him, it's just the fact that people could be so off base of what really happened when they had the stupid introduction on ESPN all damn day.

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I honestly could care less if Thompson got tomatoes thrown at him, it's just the fact that people could be so off base of what really happened when they had the stupid introduction on ESPN all damn day.

I can't really say what happened, I wasn't there. All we have is the media and the media can edit film. We just have to soak up as much as we can from as many different outlets as possible and try and come up with our own idea of what happened. It's all good, I'm over it. :)