PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo: I'll be more of a leader

Sports Illustrator
07-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Carmelo Anthony said no one from the Nuggets has talked with him about any long-term plans, but he insisted that even if nothing else was done by the front office, there will be some changes next season. Most notably, Anthony said, is his goal of taking on a much greater role in leading the team. "I've gotta become more vocal -- nobody else wants to step up and take that role, so I'm going to do it. Whether it turns out good or bad, I'll take the blame," he said. "Last year I took the blame for what went on the playoffs. I kinda got in trouble by saying we quit, which I thought we did."

From Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_9976754)

BRAVE KID
07-24-2008, 11:21 AM
I don't know if he can. He was always talking about "how we need to play defense" and "defense is important" but doing jack squat about it. that is not how you lead, if you are going to talk you better back it up. still think AI is the leader of this club

avsman05
07-24-2008, 05:42 PM
I have one thing to say to melo. We all know that you can be a leader but you don't need to say go out and prove to everyone that you can do it.

DenButsu
07-24-2008, 08:28 PM
I hope this summer will be good for both Melo and JR as they have great opportunities for learning and growth being surrounded by such great teammates for their respective olympic/select team squads.

I hope some of their teammates kind of slap them around a little bit and tell them to man up. :cool:

Game_Over
07-25-2008, 03:03 AM
I am really not worried about Melo and haven't been.. He is young and has made young stupid mistakes.. If you watch him he always smiles and seems to be having fun and wasn't ready to be a leader.. You can't just expect someone to grow up on demand, I didn't when people told me to it just happened and maybe it has for him.. Lebron seems to have grown up quicker and just seemed to get it almost right away.. We can't just expect him to do the same but maybe he has now and if not than by next year we should worry but I'm not he seems to have a good heart (from what I see) and hopefully it hit him this summer!!