Saltinuts40
07-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Since the decision won't be finalized until Friday, who would you rather have:

Maurice Evans for 3 years, $6.4 million, entering 7th season

or

Kelenna Azuibuike for 3 years, $9 million, entering 3rd season

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 11:10 AM
This Is A Pointless Thread Im Noy Hatting But You Could Post Something Better Than This

Pre$to
07-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Mo Evans man. Read the news about the Warriors signing him. He is cheaper, more experienced, better shooter and plays better D. Plus he's older and can add valuable leadership to the bench squad since Cap'n Jack n Maggette handle the starters. It's a great sub for Buike. Watch.

Thatruth32
07-24-2008, 12:00 PM
our vote makes no diffrence but id rather have the younger buike for a mil more... hes only going into his 3rd season i feel has a big upside

Conor
07-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Buike and it's not close in my mind.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Mo Evans.

I go with the vet and the fact that he replaces Pietrus.

More importantly, it's a cap saving move that has implications on future moves like signing a free agent or taking a salary dump of a quality player, this years example: Marcus Camby.

oracle650
07-24-2008, 01:31 PM
^evans is jus a tad bit more proven. he still have hops or what?

likemystylez
07-24-2008, 02:34 PM
I think Buikee is a better player and I like Buikee as a person more based on the rumors of evans backing out of a verbal commitment. It kind of shows that he is only out for himself, and really isn't considerate of the position he puts others in.

Having said that- I dont think the discrepency in talant will make a difference for a 2nd or 3rd string gaurd unless you use one of them in a future trade. Since Evans is more well known and he has a better quality name.... I think he would draw more interest from the rest of the league.

Obviously if Buikee gets a lot better and becomes a 15 ppg scorer or something then he will make a name for himself, but thats not a strong likelyhood with the wings that we already have on this team

Unless of course the dubs are shopping jackson... but hes a player who is worth more on your team than in a trade. I think he is under rated, and has a bad reputation on top of that.....infact when we traded for him... I was more excited about Harrington than Jackson.....

mays217
07-24-2008, 02:57 PM
I think Buikee is a better player and I like Buikee as a person more based on the rumors of evans backing out of a verbal commitment. It kind of shows that he is only out for himself, and really isn't considerate of the position he puts others in.

Having said that- I dont think the discrepency in talant will make a difference for a 2nd or 3rd string gaurd unless you use one of them in a future trade. Since Evans is more well known and he has a better quality name.... I think he would draw more interest from the rest of the league.

Obviously if Buikee gets a lot better and becomes a 15 ppg scorer or something then he will make a name for himself, but thats not a strong likelyhood with the wings that we already have on this team

Unless of course the dubs are shopping jackson... but hes a player who is worth more on your team than in a trade. I think he is under rated, and has a bad reputation on top of that.....infact when we traded for him... I was more excited about Harrington than Jackson.....

Um, I think Buike opted out of his final year with the Warriors and signed an offer sheet with division foe Clippers. That is a written agreement, not just a verbal agreement.

Jimmy3702
07-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Mo brings more defense but Buike has more potential.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 03:10 PM
With Jackson, Maggette, Monta, Al= 75 points per game. And Anthony Randolph capable of playing wing.

I think this team needs more defense and playoff experience.

However I do think we should sign and trade Azbuike to any team. I know Minnesota has 4 picks next year and are looking to trade their picks for players.

cali72888
07-24-2008, 03:20 PM
its simple, do you guys want to win now, or do you want to win in the future?

all of you who say you want to win now and are tired of waiting for a championship from the warriors are only contradicting yourselfs if you want buke. sure he has a great upside, can develope into a good nba starter, but in how long. i remember last season seeing buke shut down many of the nba's top athletes(kobe), but i also remember seeing him throw up irratic shots in moments where we needed him most. he does not have a consistant jumper, or three ball, but he can drive the hoop(just like maggette, ellis, jackson, and possibly mo evans). he has the nba potential to develope into a good player in 2-3 seasons, but we are looking for a player to help us now not in the future.
wiht the core we have and the players we have developing now(wright, perovic,randolph,turiaf, williams) we need experienced vets to lead the team and knock down clutch shots in nellies system. mo evans can do this, his high 3 point percentage is better then bukes by far, and the way i see it is we replace barons clutch three shots in the fourth quarter with evans even better threes with the signing. evans is a servicable vet off the bench, and can help the team as a starter also(in nellies system he will start at some point), and he can take away the erratic shots that jackson throws up at times, in other words, he will take pressure off players throughout the game. not to mention evans defence is better then bukes in that he is proven.
evans is cheaper and gives us a better option to dump contracts in the future and sign a impact player. plus if we do not match bukes offer then we can see how he developes and possibly sign him after his contract is over with the clippers and when his game is peaking in the nba.

evans>buke for the short term
buke<evans for the long term

with nellie as a coach and mullin as a GM, i see it as
Evans>Buke

likemystylez
07-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Um, I think Buike opted out of his final year with the Warriors and signed an offer sheet with division foe Clippers. That is a written agreement, not just a verbal agreement.

First of all I was talking about evans backing out of a verbal commitment.

Yes Buikee did sign with the clippers......and if the warriors match the offer- that wont be a negative reflection on Buikee by anymeans. If the warriors match the offer- then Buikee goes to the warriors. It's the warriors right, its part of the business.

Evans on the other hand is just holding out for his own gain, he is the only one deciding to hold out. its not the same as matching a contract.

I realize it happens in life, but if I have a choice... Id prefer not to do business with people like that. Especially when you can get another guy with the same skill set who has more integrity

cali72888
07-24-2008, 03:50 PM
buke will be the same way when we is a proven vet, its buisness reguardless of what team your going to. buke knows that if the warriors offered him the same he would still go to LA because thats where the playing time is.
its a sport before a buisness to us, but to them its a buisness before a sport, unless you have the talent where the buisness part takes care of itself....

mays217
07-24-2008, 04:23 PM
First of all I was talking about evans backing out of a verbal commitment.

Yes Buikee did sign with the clippers......and if the warriors match the offer- that wont be a negative reflection on Buikee by anymeans. If the warriors match the offer- then Buikee goes to the warriors. It's the warriors right, its part of the business.

Evans on the other hand is just holding out for his own gain, he is the only one deciding to hold out. its not the same as matching a contract.

I realize it happens in life, but if I have a choice... Id prefer not to do business with people like that. Especially when you can get another guy with the same skill set who has more integrity

Name me one guy in the NBA, wait, name me one guy in professional sports that doesn't do the same thing. I know what your saying, and it's unfortunate that that's the business. He was probably about to sign on the dotted line, then his agent grabbed the pen out of his hand and told him to wait a few days to see if anyone offers more than 3 years, 6.4.

Thatruth32
07-24-2008, 05:11 PM
well mullin must have read our post about who we wanted.... since we matched buike... and who says they dont listen to tha fans lol

likemystylez
07-24-2008, 06:11 PM
I guess I dont have such a problem with Evans wanting to get the best possible deal, Thats understandable for anybody in any business.

Backing out of a verbal commitment for the soul purpose of MAYBE getting more is what kind of rubs me the wrong way. If he doesnt like the offer- just say so and dont agree or commit to it, or say you need to think about it. That's reasonable.

BTW- does anybody know if Evans stated an amount that he wanted to get? Or did he just say he wanted a number greater than what the warriors had offered.

Thatruth32
07-24-2008, 07:02 PM
I guess I dont have such a problem with Evans wanting to get the best possible deal, Thats understandable for anybody in any business.

Backing out of a verbal commitment for the soul purpose of MAYBE getting more is what kind of rubs me the wrong way. If he doesnt like the offer- just say so and dont agree or commit to it, or say you need to think about it. That's reasonable.

BTW- does anybody know if Evans stated an amount that he wanted to get? Or did he just say he wanted a number greater than what the warriors had offered.

i havent seen any exact numbers posted so i think its unclear how much more he wanted