PDA

View Full Version : MSG Wants to Host All-Star Game

phlp_bj
07-24-2008, 08:56 AM
The Knicks have not had an All-Star player since 2001, but they could welcome two dozen of them to New York in four years for the N.B.A. All-Star Game.

With a $500 million renovation planned for Madison Square Garden, the Knicks are preparing an application to host the All-Star Game at the earliest possible date. The renovated Garden is scheduled to be ready for basketball by the 2011-12 season.

Garden executives have already made an unofficial pitch to N.B.A. Commissioner David Stern, who has embraced the prospect.

ďI would say itís a very live possibility,Ē Stern said Wednesday in a telephone interview.

The Garden has to file an application, and there will be competition from other N.B.A. cities, notably Orlando, Fla., which is building a new arena. But New York is likely to emerge as the favorite, given the Gardenís history, the lure of Manhattan and Sternís enthusiasm for its bid.

Garden officials announced in early April that they intended to overhaul the arenaís interior while preserving the outer shell. Changes will include a new, sunlit entryway off Seventh Avenue, the addition of luxury suites closer to the floor, wider public concourses and better sight lines throughout the arena.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/sports/basketball/24stern.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Knicks845
07-24-2008, 09:03 AM
I'd enjoy it has a knick fan, I love to be there but the tickets would deff. Gone fast and pricey ($)

phlp_bj
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
ya imagine how much it would cost??? i wish it would come to chicago

_Sn1P3r_
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't mind it there. I live in TO so NY isn't that far.

MoJay
07-25-2008, 09:37 PM
ya I would go if it wouldn't be too much

yboord028
07-25-2008, 09:38 PM
With the renovation MSG should be even more awesome than it already is, which is still pretty damn good. So there's no reason it shouldn't come to MSG.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-25-2008, 10:11 PM
i think it would be cool