PDA

View Full Version : Official Nba Players Going Overseas Thread

phlp_bj
07-24-2008, 08:54 AM
discuss all the things that has happened so far and that will happen about players going overseas. this is getting out of hand. how many is that 5 this week? well anyway discuss.

NBAkYD
07-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Until we lose a marquis player it isn't a HUGE deal. Even if we start losing stars as long as the league maintains a level of competition it should still be ok.

phlp_bj
07-24-2008, 08:56 AM
now kidd said he might go when his contract is up

NBAkYD
07-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Whatever, he's old. I still feel like the league will always be entertaining. the difference in talent between the best and worst players is minimal. With the current starters gone, the guys without a great grip on game play will get more practice and learn. It wouldn't be great, but it'd be entertaining.

xanderyear
07-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Those players who don't have a great grip would get a grip though, and eventually turn into the leagues stars that way. They wouldn't suck forever lol.

DreamShaker
07-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Those players who don't have a great grip would get a grip though, and eventually turn into the leagues stars that way. They wouldn't suck forever lol.

I don't think Josh Childress will ever be a star of anything....

awr0430
07-24-2008, 10:28 AM
I don't think Josh Childress will ever be a star of anything....

Agreed

KG#1
07-24-2008, 12:10 PM

i highly doubt that hes been in the states all his life, leader of team usa, and monney isnt an issue for him anymore

Reezy
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM

Source?

durqtitan
07-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Josh Childress isn't and probably never will be a NBA star, but the guy was a solid 6th man. Any team in the NBA could have used him. It's a bummer. It's not Beckam leaving Europe, but as a fan i still hate seeing our boys jump ship

kriminal55
07-24-2008, 12:52 PM
this is stupid like som1 said b4 untill som1 good leavevs this is nothing and kids ship has sailed hes done who cares if he wants to extend his career alittle and play wit the chumps in europe

noturnormalhero
07-24-2008, 12:57 PM
i cant hate on childress for passing up that deal or anyone who goes for more money in that type of case. I'd personally only go if i wasnt NBA ready or on the downslide of my career because sure most players could get more playing time in European leagues than in NBA if they are on the decline. As far as Kidd going there, yeah..show me the source first of all and i HIGHLY doubt that will happen. We take their players..they take some of ours. We got players like Dirk and AK47..they could take Childress and Landry lol

durqtitan
07-24-2008, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't say Childress was nothing or that his ship had sailed... 13 ppg, 6 rpg, and 2 apg is pretty solid for a 6th man. Some starting SG's don't put up that solid of stats.

LA_Raiders
07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Role/Bench players may be getting more money in Europe. So it makes sence for them to move...But we are not there yet, hopefully US economy goes up and everything will be back to normal....

Lets go Obama!!!

phlp_bj
07-24-2008, 03:34 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250049

BigEric
07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Man if all these players go to Europe, I'll be able to play in the NBA soon!

NBAkYD
07-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Kidd would go because he wants to live in Europe, the money would be a bonus.

NYMets27
07-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Role/Bench players may be getting more money in Europe. So it makes sence for them to move...But we are not there yet, hopefully US economy goes up and everything will be back to normal....

Lets go Obama!!!

guys this has nothing 2 do with the economy lets think b4 we post bs like that....if u look at the the players besides childress they r Primoz Brezec, Carlos Delfino, Juan Carlos Navarro and Bostjan Nachbar they r all foreigners 2the U.S wit all but delfino being european (hes from argentina, but also italian descent).....so is it possible 2 say they just like the overseas game better???? I think so, and frankly we should let them go because they r average at best bench players that started playin ball there anyhow

And when it comes to childress i just think that he didnt like atlanta so much and wanted 2 get a nice payday in greece.....im tellin u he will b back this puts him in a great position 2 b a european star for a couple of years (remember there is a clause in his contract saying he can opt out after every season) then he comes back 2 states and signs with the lakers (hes from Cali) and bring over an even bigger media following from the fans that he has attracted from greece

JWalk126
07-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Jason Williams, who played for the Heat last season, is being pursued in Europe

infamous
07-24-2008, 08:53 PM
what's the big deal :shrug:, if kobe, lebron, dwight or nba stars starts going to Europe then we and the nba can start to panic.