PDA

View Full Version : Weird Article I found.

bpmd2k
07-24-2008, 04:47 AM
I know I haven't posted in a while but I just came across this weird little article concerning Rasmus being traded. It basically states a trade of Mark Ellis/Bobby Crosby, Justin Duchsherer, Alan Embry (LOOGY), and Huston Street for Rasmus. Check it out... what do you guys think? I think that if Duchsherer wasn't having a freak year and had some success in the past it might be a nice deal... but this is billy beane we are talkin about and he is the master or raping teams of their prospects. But this trade does fill 2 or 3 needs for us, a lefty pen arm, nice SP (Maybe), and a Closer. Still, I don't know if it is enough.

Link: http://www.athleticsnation.com/2008/7/20/575122/the-final-sell-off-how-the

Cardsfandy
07-24-2008, 05:07 AM
I read this too. I thought it was just something that A's fans were talking about.

Kyle man
07-24-2008, 07:40 AM
If we got Embree, Duchsherer, Street, Crosby for Rasmus, It'd be hard to say no IMO.

Tkais9009
07-24-2008, 10:36 AM
that would be an awesome deal. there is no reason not to do that. do it. that would be sweet

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Dusch gives you a great option for this year but off the top of my head I can't think of a pitcher who became dominant at age 30 then continued to pitch that way.

Vegasguy80
07-24-2008, 11:20 AM
I would do that trade in a heartbeat! No questions asked. But with Rasmus down right now people are going to consider his stock "down"

JustBlaze07
07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
the one thing that wouldn't be good about this trade is duchserer and crosby are free agents and duchserer may want more money then we can offer him

rick66ankiel24
07-24-2008, 11:47 AM
crosby has a lot of potential to be a stud but idk about duchbag

cardinals45
07-24-2008, 11:59 AM
this is some A's fan dreaming. i mean look at street. he has fallen off so much since that great rookie year. is embree really better than villone or flores? duchsercher has been amazin for how long? half a season. im not ready to believe in him as a top 10 sp yet. crosby is a good SS, but i dont really see the A's trading him. and ellis..no thanks. hes got more power than kennedy and costs more. i think ill pass. this was just an A's blogger hoping that there is some way they could get rasmus, because they know they dont have a star like holliday that the cardinals might actually think about trading rasmus for.

timh9783
07-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Dusch gives you a great option for this year but off the top of my head I can't think of a pitcher who became dominant at age 30 then continued to pitch that way.

Look up Curt Schilling's career stats. He only won more than 10 games twice before he was 30. Also, Jamie Moyer has done pretty good although I wouldn't say he is dominant.

EdmondsAve
07-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I usually ignore these kind of trade rumors, but the guy makes some really really good points. I say pull the trigger if duke will agree to at least a 1 yr extension

bpmd2k
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I wasn't saying that the article was credible lol, I was just bringing up that this guy thought about the trade some and it fit a few holes for us. I don't think i would do it but.

natepro
07-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Bobby Crosby hasn't played in 100 games since 2004.

Street is a bit of a curiosity, because he has the tools he's just had injury problems mixed in with a down year or two. He could be amazing, he could be Rich Harden and amazing when healthy, or he could never really blossom into a great pitcher. Who knows.

Duch has been a reliever for pretty much all of his career (exactly 5 career starts before this year), so to discount him because he's only "become dominant" this year is a bit misleading. The fact that he's lights out (his ERA+ is 207 for the love of God) and soon to be a free agent doesn't spell good things for resigning him cheaply, though.

Embree is almost 40, and his ERA has been increasing in each of the last three years (along with the steady decline of his ERA+), so I don't know that he's really going to help much beyond a little, maybe, this year.

Mark Ellis... eh, whatever. He isn't exactly impressive, but I guess you'd call him serviceable. And, probably an upgrade over the three that are there now for the Cards.