PDA

View Full Version : If Nba opened an Euro Branch

Hellcrooner
07-24-2008, 02:46 AM
If finally Stern did open an euro Branch, with say like 12 franchises, where would you Place them?

Ill make up a poll.

Note that iv put in the poll cities with a large Basketball tradition, there are bigger cities, and important cities in countyrs like sweden or Austria that does not appear, basically because they have 0 interest in Basketball.

Master P
07-24-2008, 02:55 AM
I think David Stern would be smart enough to capitalize on in-country and between country rivals. London, Manchester, Paris, Marseille, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Milano, Berlin, Frankfurt, the other two I am not sure.

Tblaze
07-24-2008, 05:20 AM
they should put one in the netherlands :D

DeeJay
07-24-2008, 05:32 AM
What about Brussels, it is the Capital of Europe in the end.

God of War
07-24-2008, 02:12 PM
And then what? Have the NBA champs play the Euro champs for a World Title? Would that be a 2-3-2 format? Who would have HCA? How would you handle the logistics of it all? The Concorde was grounded in 2003. I guess you could use the teleportation pods from the movie "The Fly". Imagine what would've come out on the other side if James Posey accidentally got into the same pod with Sam Cassell?

Where Grotesques happens...

awr0430
07-24-2008, 02:45 PM
And then what? Have the NBA champs play the Euro champs for a World Title? Would that be a 2-3-2 format? Who would have HCA? How would you handle the logistics of it all? The Concorde was grounded in 2003. I guess you could use the teleportation pods from the movie "The Fly". Imagine what would've come out on the other side if James Posey accidentally got into the same pod with Sam Cassell?

Where Grotesques happens...

LMAO thats just disgusting.

Scheck
07-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Haha, that would be one hell of an alien

_Sn1P3r_
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Haha, that would be one hell of an alien

Lmao yup.

JWalk126
07-25-2008, 05:29 PM
wow, I'm the only one who voted for Tau Ceramica

TheNewbster
07-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Yea, logistics would simply make this impossible, unless you make the European League with a 30-team style thing that would allow an equivelent season of 82 games to occur in Europe on its own. Time frame it would make traveling to play road games in Europe for US teams or vice versa impossible. The only way then is to reformat and create 2 Conferences: US and Europe, with the US having its Divisions as "West and East" and if you still wanted, "sub-divisions" that we have right now under "divisions". In Europe, I don't believe there's a market for 30 teams, and if you only have 12-16 teams, a 82 game season with 8 teams making the playoffs would leave the system totally imbalanced. Teams would play each other so many times a year and there's a larger chance of a "dominant" team emerging from such a small pack. This kind of situation would entice players to simply leave for Europe cause the statistical odds of making the European playoffs and the consequential "world championship" would be much higher.

Also to note, you'd have to keep "conferences" on the same continent for traveling purposes, so no, the idea of "let's then have a WORLD conference and US conference" wouldn't work cause the travel logistics for the "world conference" would leave it at an inherent disadvantage for rest and playing games.

BigEric
07-25-2008, 06:52 PM
The European Branch of the NBA is the Raptors - Bosh, Oneal, and Moon.

nascar10294
07-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Would be cool, then have like "interleague" games between EuropeNBA and NBA.

Westbrook36
07-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I wouldnt want it :shrug:

Hellcrooner
07-26-2008, 03:06 AM
Yea, logistics would simply make this impossible, unless you make the European League with a 30-team style thing that would allow an equivelent season of 82 games to occur in Europe on its own. Time frame it would make traveling to play road games in Europe for US teams or vice versa impossible. The only way then is to reformat and create 2 Conferences: US and Europe, with the US having its Divisions as "West and East" and if you still wanted, "sub-divisions" that we have right now under "divisions". In Europe, I don't believe there's a market for 30 teams, and if you only have 12-16 teams, a 82 game season with 8 teams making the playoffs would leave the system totally imbalanced. Teams would play each other so many times a year and there's a larger chance of a "dominant" team emerging from such a small pack. This kind of situation would entice players to simply leave for Europe cause the statistical odds of making the European playoffs and the consequential "world championship" would be much higher.

Also to note, you'd have to keep "conferences" on the same continent for traveling purposes, so no, the idea of "let's then have a WORLD conference and US conference" wouldn't work cause the travel logistics for the "world conference" would leave it at an inherent disadvantage for rest and playing games.

Weel who said anithing of Euro league teams palying american teams, i meant an OWN league, in any case the champion of europe would play a 7 game series vs the American champion to decide the champion of the world ( i alawys found preumptuos to call nab champions world champions).

and on teh other subject..

ou dont start the house with the roof.

The nba had like 14 teams in their first year, then it got expanded every nwo and then.

Apophis
07-26-2008, 06:44 AM
I dont see this happening because then they would be in competion with the already established leagues over there.. It would be akin to when McMahon created the XFL...

SAVAGE CLAW
07-26-2008, 11:52 PM
I would love to see this league