PDA

View Full Version : wade: If a European Team can offer me $40 mill a year, see ya!

fairandbalanced
07-23-2008, 11:19 PM
http://http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-nbaeurope072308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The NBA’s salary cap and the declining American dollar leaves open the possibility that a European team eventually will be able to make the kind of Monopoly money bid to lure one of the NBA’s superstars. It won’t be this year. Nor next. The summer of 2010, when Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh could be available, is too soon also. What if Europe decides that it doesn’t need to pay outlandish entrance fees to get teams in Stern’s league and it figures out a way to pool its resources to make itself more of a competitor?

With the money being said that guys can get over there, it’s unbelievable,” Wade said. Not only do you have international players coming to America, you’ve got American players going international. And you’ve got big-time players doing it now. It’s interesting.

“If they offer me $40 million a year and no taxes, I might have to go over there. I’ll have to see you guys later.”

Nuff said..........If McCain is President, I believe the Dollar value will fall so much that European teams will find it easier to offer huge dollars for NBA superstars. Watchout people, America is turning into a second class country and you have the Republicans to thank.

The less taxes you pay, the less valuable the Dollar is. Keep voting for lower taxes and see where that gets us. Not trying to get political but the more Dollar that is out there, the less valuable it is.

Raptors27
07-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Can't see them offering 40 million a year tho lol

fairandbalanced
07-23-2008, 11:26 PM

Just watch.......1 dollar is equal to 35 euro cents. In 3yrs a dollar could be worth 1 euro cent the way it is falling. I was in Rome 2 weeks ago, and can't even afford to buy anything besides a beer.

dark_angel#8
07-23-2008, 11:29 PM
stephon marbury and jason kidd are planning to move in euro league when they're time is up in the NBA...

Sixerlover
07-23-2008, 11:30 PM

Why not? The ticket sales, merchandise, advertisements, and other ways that D-Wade, Bosh etc could bring income to a team would MORE than makeup for that 40 mil a year

SAVAGE CLAW
07-23-2008, 11:32 PM
What have Republicans to do with whats happening, there is a hughe economical crisis everywhere, here in spain we are having a really bad time with lots of Bussines going broke and the rate of unemployed people raising constantly.

And of course it isnt so bad to have a " weak " Dollar, it will favour your Exportations and Tourists, thats money in the hand for a Country.

Of course it only works out if that money is later distributed and used for Public purposes.

black1605
07-23-2008, 11:33 PM
we will always have all the major stars, and the holes left by those who leave will be filled swiftly, we have lots and lots of talent in the US, don't worry

avsman05
07-23-2008, 11:34 PM
im in total agreeance with ya friend, about politics. But they normally dont stand for politically blogging in this forum their is a seperate one for that in the election center.

But that said that shows how money hungry people are including myself if i was making 8 mil a year and someone offered me 40 peace.

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 11:37 PM
lol wade is a trip

fairandbalanced
07-23-2008, 11:37 PM
What have Republicans to do with whats happening, there is a hughe economical crisis everywhere, here in spain we are having a really bad time with lots of Bussines going broke and the rate of unemployed people raising constantly.

And of course it isnt so bad to have a " weak " Dollar, it will favour your Exportations and Tourists, thats money in the hand for a Country.

Of course it only works out if that money is later distributed and used for Public purposes.

America is not for sale. After 8yrs of Bush, all 'made in America' products have disappeared off the shelves.

TheHoopsProphet
07-23-2008, 11:38 PM
http://www.house.gov/paul/index.shtml

and it looks like the value of the American dollar is only going to plummet. Bye Wade

Nets fan 93
07-24-2008, 12:01 AM
D-Whistle??? watch out Europe :speechless:

SwaggaIke
07-24-2008, 12:30 AM
If they offered D Wade 40 million a year to play overseas, i'd pack his bags for 1 million.

ink
07-24-2008, 12:31 AM
What does politics have to do with basketball? See sig below ...

And btw, we're keeping an eye on the thread. If it really does turn political, we might move it. But for now, it seems like it's mainly about economics. The NBA just lost Josh Childress today and it's definitely a result of the low $$. Do you think this is a long-term trend, or will it change?

kingkobe
07-24-2008, 01:37 AM

Except for the fact that US is the biggest importer in the world and not exporter. So it wouldn't help all that much.

OaklandsFinest
07-24-2008, 02:01 AM
One of the main reasons why the dollar has plummeted so far in America is the lack of taxes on the highest 2% of the country, the increase in population, and the decrease in jobs due to out sourcing. Alex Rodriguez for example should be one of the highest paid baseball players but over 200 million are you serious? Europe is doing very well financially due to the lack of out sourcing of jobs. America is broke because the people are broke. And as for John McCain causing the dollar to plummet further, you bet. especially if he wants a war to continue for 100 years and none of those jobs going to americans.

NYMets27
07-24-2008, 02:03 AM
http://http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-nbaeurope072308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Nuff said..........If McCain is President, I believe the Dollar value will fall so much that European teams will find it easier to offer huge dollars for NBA superstars. Watchout people, America is turning into a second class country and you have the Republicans to thank.

The less taxes you pay, the less valuable the Dollar is. Keep voting for lower taxes and see where that gets us. Not trying to get political but the more Dollar that is out there, the less valuable it is.

please quit talking about politics because u have no clue wat ure even talkin about. quit being brainwashed by cnbc and cnn and think about wat ure liberal nut is tryna do. get ure facts straight b4 u start running ure mouth...who r the ones tht keep drivin up the price of oil???democrats....who wants a national health care system????democrats again, medicare doesnt work but aid 4 every1 will.....cmon bruh u better sit and pray osama oops my b obama doesnt get into office

NYMets27
07-24-2008, 02:06 AM
And as for John McCain causing the dollar to plummet further, you bet. especially if he wants a war to continue for 100 years and none of those jobs going to americans.

yes because we dont send americans 2 fight in our wars....last i checked the men in iraq r wearin stars and stripes on there uniforms and who r they proctectin ure foolish ***

ink
07-24-2008, 02:15 AM
This one is going nowhere. Closed.