PDA

View Full Version : Raymond Felton

bball1217
07-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Just an idea. I have heard rumors of Hinrich to Denver for trade exception and a 1st rounder. What if you did the same trade but for raymond Felton. I have heard a few rumors that Felton could be traded, and the Bobcats now have D.J. Augustin to play point. This would give them cap room and a future first rounder. Felton is a pass first true point guard, is young, and becomes a restricted FA next year just in case it does not work out.
Just an idea...

Raymond Felton stats:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=2753

Kirk Hinrich stats:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1981

Would you Denver fans want Felton and maybe Sean May for the trade exception and a first rounder?

DJiC
07-24-2008, 01:21 AM
felton is alot cheaper but felton also cant shoot 3's or play as good defense as hinrich....if felton could atleast shoot 3's id pick him cause well we wont play defense anyways but for now it have to be hinrich and plus augustine will prob end up as backup for now

bball1217
07-24-2008, 02:19 AM
Actually I think Felton is as good a defender as Hinrich imo, but I agree Felton can not shoot threes.

Broncs4Life
07-24-2008, 09:11 AM
With JR, would they need Felton to shoot 3's? Neither Kleiza or Smith are afraid to fire it up from behind the arc...I say DO IT! Go get Felton.
If they can't get him, Hinrich would be a good pick-up. Either way, the team would get a solid PG who is a vast upgrade over what they have now.

bball1217
07-24-2008, 12:36 PM
With JR, would they need Felton to shoot 3's? Neither Kleiza or Smith are afraid to fire it up from behind the arc...I say DO IT! Go get Felton.
If they can't get him, Hinrich would be a good pick-up. Either way, the team would get a solid PG who is a vast upgrade over what they have now.

Exactly, Felton or Hinrich will be able to set up those two on the three point line.

ChitownbullsBG7
07-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah but your point has to be able to hit the 3 or the defense is going to play the passing lanes alot.

DJiC
07-24-2008, 02:25 PM
not to mention not everytime they double team on melo either smith or kleiza will be in or if they are in they wont be the ones open...so yes we do need a pg who can pass/shoot 3's atleast shoot fairly decent

DenButsu
07-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Well, it does look like the FO is in frugal mode (after signing both the Birdman and Dahntay Jones to minimum contracts), so I wouldn't too surprised if something like this happened. But I'd much rather see us trade Chucky for him, and maybe include the non-guaranteeds of Green and/or Jones (that will just come off their books if they don't guarantee). I think we can do better than Felton with that trade exception.

bball1217
07-25-2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah but your point has to be able to hit the 3 or the defense is going to play the passing lanes alot.

Not exactly, if they play the passing lanes, then you can attack the basket easier, if they close in pass out, if not then hit the lay-up. Also PGs don't have to shoot threes, look at Tony Parker, not a great 3 point shooter, but a great point guard.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tony_parker/career_stats.html

Nugget153
07-28-2008, 10:02 PM
With the Balkman trade I think that grand "Chess game" the FO is playing might make its big move here soon...I just don't see (As much as I love the kid) Kleiza being back next year. He'll want more money to stay once he becomes a Free agent and I say we need a PG more then more points.

JR Smith is CRUCIAL though..we need to resign him if we can work a trade for Felton or another PG around Kleiza and whatever else we can throw in that wont hurt us next year..

It's something to think about at least

C-Dub
07-28-2008, 10:33 PM
id rather throw in ac than atkins, dont you think he is a little more tradable anyway, he got carreer highs for himself last season and wasnt hurt like atkins. plus, atkins is better when healthy.

Nugget153
07-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Idk yet.
I thought last year's signing of Atkins was a good one..
maybe if he isn't hurt and starts say..80 games? and he turns out to be that player we need..an assist guy who has a great shooting touch from beyond the line..Bleh i'm thinking too much about this stuff

MELOMAN15
07-29-2008, 12:07 AM
I am a nuggets fan , but I am from chicago, and hinrich sucks! he plays good every couple games. Raymond Felton will have great SCORERS around him, why need to shoot the ball. U got a.i, melo, j.r, and more!

Nugget153
07-29-2008, 12:13 AM
B-I-N-G-O
Felton has one scorer in Charlotte

He was at his best at Chapel Hill when he was as Meloman15 stated surounded by scorers.
Bravo MELOMAN15!

DJiC
07-29-2008, 12:21 AM
pretty sure felton has several scorers in charlotte...for example richardson, wallace, and at times okafor

Nugget153
07-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Naw..Okafor has never really been a scorer..more rebounding/defense. Richardson yes. Wallace yes. But thats 2 options. In Denver..we know we have A LOT of options who can put up 25+ any givin night.

cmellofan15
07-29-2008, 01:50 AM
The trade for Felton should be

Nuggets Give

Kenyon Martin (PF)

Bobby Jones (G)

Bobcats Give

Raymond Felton (PG

Matt Carrol (SG)

Nazr Muhammed (C)

The Chicago Trade

Nuggets Give:

Kenyon Martin (PF)

Chucky Atkins (PG)

Bulls Give:

Kirk Hinrich (PG)

Drew Gooden (PF)

DenButsu
07-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Nuggets Give

Kenyon Martin (PF)

Bobby Jones (G)

The Nugs no longer have Jones to give. He was in the trade package for Balkman.

cmellofan15
07-29-2008, 02:26 AM
The Nugs no longer have Jones to give. He was in the trade package for Balkman.

Oh wow I was late on that. I thought the Bulls deal would be better anyway.

midwestmadman
07-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Last I checked the stat sheet Capt Kirk wasn't exactly setting the world on fire with his 3 point shooting % either you know. Felton is naturally a more talented guard than Kirk and anyone who understands winning basketball would rather have a true pass first point guard over one that is shooting a high percentage of 3 point shots at only about 35% accuracy. Larry Brown won't go for that.

C-Dub
07-29-2008, 09:39 AM
ya, i like felton way better, his PPG, APG, and SPG are all better than Kirks, plus he is younger and way cheaper

avsman05
07-30-2008, 01:54 AM
Last I checked the stat sheet Capt Kirk wasn't exactly setting the world on fire with his 3 point shooting % either you know. Felton is naturally a more talented guard than Kirk and anyone who understands winning basketball would rather have a true pass first point guard over one that is shooting a high percentage of 3 point shots at only about 35% accuracy. Larry Brown won't go for that.

Im more for Hinrich because of his Defense and size