kazzy4080
07-23-2008, 10:22 PM
for tight ends we got

Pollard, Marcus TE ACT 6'3" 255 2/8/1972 14 Bradley
Spach, Stephen TE ACT 6'4" 250 7/18/1982 2 Fresno State
Stupar, Jonathan TE ACT 6'3" 254 7/24/1984 0 Virginia
Thomas, David TE ACT 6'3" 248 7/5/1983 2 Texas
Watson, BenjaminTE ACT 6'3" 255 12/18/1980 5 Georgia

anyone else a little worried bout our tight end situation. ben watson doesnt seem like the player we thought hed be, i have no clue who stupar or spach are. pollard is old and soft. david thomas seems decent.

i am especially worried in running downs

Wake's Fastball
07-24-2008, 12:27 AM
I think Pollard's a TC body. Stupar isn't making the team. Spach played some minutes at the end of last season and my brother raved about him. I like David Thomas alot, and I'd love to see what he can do with consistent playing time. Watson's not stellar, but the promise is there, and even as is, he's still in the better half of tight ends in the league.

BRADY4MVP
07-24-2008, 10:34 AM
i actually like our tight end situation. IF HEALTHY OBVIOUSLY.

i think that pollard can block well, not quite graham or brady-ish though. Watson can certainly stretch the field, and if David Thomas didnt get hurt last year, I think that he would have had a decent role with the team.

You've got to figure that the secondary will have rolling coverage to Moss, and the LBs will pay special attention to Welker, so that should open it up for the TEs. Also having Sammy Morris back will be huge.

i am pretty excited for this year, tight ends especially if we can stay healthy.

JerseyBrave
07-24-2008, 01:21 PM
David thomas, mark my words, if he stays healthy will take over as the primary receiving TE, kinda like what gaffney did to stallworth. He has great hands unlike I drop everything Watson. I remember when we drafted Thomas some people said he was the steal of the draft.

bagwell368
07-24-2008, 02:14 PM
I've been wringing my hands since I came on the boards about Watson/TE position.

Watson is better then most, and he will command a lot of $$ when he's a FA, the Pats won't sign him. I expect a #1 pick for a TE coming. But that does nothing this year. I expect mostly 1 TE sets this year to protect depth. Too bad.