PDA

View Full Version : If Favre traded what team would you (Fans) want him to go to?

jason17
07-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Out of the

Jets
Miami
Bills
Redskins
Bucs
KC
Bengles

Which team would you want to go too ?.

newdude
07-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Out of the

Jets
Miami
Bills
Redskins
Bucs
KC
Bengles

Why is the Bengals there? They already have Carson Palmer.

I really don't care where he goes, but I hope he'll be successful there.:)

hughest4
07-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Interesting, i don't think we have had one of these threads yet. I would definitely want to see him end up with the Jets for a number of reasons. First of all after a bad season they usually always make the playoffs. Also he would have a bunch of offensive weapons to work with including Coles, Cotchery, Jones, Washington, Keller, and Bubba Franks. The offensive line should also be much better this year. The other reason is because i still love to watch him play, and he would be on TV every week here in Jersey

socalpkrbkr
07-23-2008, 10:46 PM
It's still a BIG "IF" at this point in time. So "IF" Thompson follows through with his most recent stance (as of yesterday) that the Packers have committed to moving on, I would have to pick the Jets. He'll be in the AFC which wont effect the Packers no matter how he or the Jets do. The most important reason to me would be not ever having to root against him. We won't play the Jets this season. As of right now the Jets is the best choice IMO.

RcrkllrH2
07-23-2008, 11:36 PM
out of those i would say miami cuz im a dolphins fan so id love to continue actively rooting for favre

but that nonwithstanding i would say the bucs, he will do well, probably get into the playoffs (if not more)....plus hed be back with gruden....i just like it

njdevs25
07-24-2008, 12:35 AM
your a packer fan and spelt favre wrong :pity:

4favre4
07-24-2008, 01:20 AM
The Redskins would be the best fit.
They run the west caost O and have a great O but not a great QB.
They just drafted 2 WR in Kelly and Thomas I think and Fred Davis at TE.
Already having Moss,Randel el,Thrash,Cooley,and I think they have a few other good options I just can't think now.
He would do well with them. They have Portis in the back field and ledell betts.

I hope he ends up back in GreenBay were he belongs

robdizzle3
07-24-2008, 02:14 AM
I would want to see him do good but I really dont want to see Brett in the NFC but the Bucs are a good fit for him and im like Hughes in wanting to ee him play every week sothe Dolphins wouldnt eb that bad but he can win there so the Jets would be a goodfit.Plus we can see him play the Pats twice a yar and maybe three if they go to the playoffs.Favre cant go to the Vikes ecause I would be very upset to say the least

Ryan Diesel
07-24-2008, 02:58 AM
KC. We don't play them. They have LJ. They have Dewayne Bowe and Tony G. They have a ton of young talent and a good coach. Most people say they're too young, but that's what they said about us last year. Favre could turn that team around and make them a playoff contender. I think he would do better there than Baltimore or the Jets.

tripleplay2007
07-24-2008, 03:09 AM
I wish that Thompson wasn't a power hungry D*** and we could keep Brett...

kingofdaburbs19
07-24-2008, 04:06 AM
I just want Brett to stay retired I am going 2 be sick to my stomach if I see him in a different uniform

Badger's Badger
07-24-2008, 08:06 AM
None of the above, but if a trade does happen, I say the Bucs. It would be the best scenario for Brett. Re-Join Gruden, of all these teams, these would be the easiest offense for Brett to "re-learn". And they are probably the closest to a contender.

Brett/Ted - Kiss and make up!!!!

adrianmjz
07-24-2008, 05:54 PM
i would like him to go the the Bucs, just because he would be a starter, Gruden will be in love with him and i don't think that he would be benched, If he goes to another team he isn't guaranteed a starting job, unless its the bears or vikes but i don't think he is going there

XJW18
07-24-2008, 06:00 PM
the bengals dont need brett!

XJW18
07-24-2008, 06:05 PM
i honestly am more concerned with what were gnna get for favre!

augipitcher3
07-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Out of the

Jets
Miami
Bills
Redskins
Bucs
KC
Bengles

The Bengals won't want him. The Redskins are the only team I could see him being interested in that whole group. The rest of the teams he would not accept being traded to so they would not make that move.

robdizzle3
07-24-2008, 06:23 PM
If brett wants to play he shouldnt veto anything and I see him with the Bucs

servais77
07-24-2008, 06:31 PM
I hope Brett Favre goes to the place where he can do the most damage to Ted Thompsons reputation and career.

beast
07-24-2008, 06:35 PM
I hope Brett Favre goes to the place where he can do the most damage to Ted Thompsons reputation and career.

Sounds like you like the Packers...not

XJW18
07-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Im more concerned with what were gonna get for favre then where he goes...

beast
07-24-2008, 06:51 PM
If he was trade, I wouldn't mid him going to the Chiefs.

1)we won't play him for 4 years, unless but teams get to the playoffs.
2)they have the best TE in the NFL.
3)a very good WR
4)good RB when healthy

He's got weapon.

servais77
07-24-2008, 07:12 PM

Good one....In reality I really like Ted Thompson....Not

socalpkrbkr
07-24-2008, 10:22 PM

I don't think you understand what he's saying.

OC Knights #11
07-24-2008, 10:58 PM
the only teams that realisticly have a shot on that list are New York and Washington. I would rather have him go to the Vikings. Love the Packers but it would be great drama come opening night, Packers vs. Vikings. Packers sticking it to the Vikings the whole season

Warpy1981
07-25-2008, 11:46 AM
ya know I think im actually less upset about the whole favre thing than when Reggie retired then whent to the panthers for a year. I'm guessing that this will be a one year shot for favre too. I could see him going to the Jets. They arn't overly thrilled with either of their QBs from what I've read. Just don't know how favre would do in a city like NY. GB is pretty much like a small rural town, or at least as close as you can get in the NFL.

tking08
07-25-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2008-07/41088526.jpg:clap:

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 02:03 PM
^Get a life loser. No way in HELL will he ever wear that uniform in real life.

tking08
07-25-2008, 02:16 PM
^Get a life loser. No way in HELL will he ever wear that uniform in real life.

2700+ posts in a year and I'm the loser? :rolleyes:

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 02:37 PM
2700+ posts in a year and I'm the loser? :rolleyes:

Putting a Bears jersey on Favre, talk about wasting time, so yeah, LOSER fits you just right.

Eastside Scott
07-25-2008, 03:14 PM
OK, I have no rooting interest here, but I have a procedural question that just popped into my head:

Is there anything at all stopping someone, let's just say Tampa Bay, from trading a second rounder to GB for Favre and then immediately flipping him for a first rounder to Minnesota or Chicago? My question really boils down to two things:

1. Can a traded player be immediately traded again?
2. If TB and Minny had such a deal in place ahead of time, would that create some sort of tampering/collusion repurcussions?

If the answers to the questions are yes and no respectively, then I have no idea why someone wouldn't do that and improve their draft position. I would love to see my hometown Colts work as a little broker for that deal, but if they did it even Ted Thompson would know something was up.

I am sorry if this has been discussed before, I am just curious.

Ryan Diesel
07-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Someone could very well do that if Thompson is stupid enough to trade Favre to a team that would do that. I think trading Favre is stupid period, but what your talking about is definitely possible.

Eastside Scott
07-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Someone could very well do that if Thompson is stupid enough to trade Favre to a team that would do that. I think trading Favre is stupid period, but what your talking about is definitely possible.

Yeah, that is why I knew the Colts couldn't get away with it, but some of these other teams that have QBs they will go with if they have to (hell TB has 87 veteran QBs on their roster right now) could convince GB they want him to make a run and then flip him and just go back to the original plan one first round pick richer.

newdude
07-25-2008, 04:02 PM
OK, I have no rooting interest here, but I have a procedural question that just popped into my head:

Is there anything at all stopping someone, let's just say Tampa Bay, from trading a second rounder to GB for Favre and then immediately flipping him for a first rounder to Minnesota or Chicago? My question really boils down to two things:

1. Can a traded player be immediately traded again?
2. If TB and Minny had such a deal in place ahead of time, would that create some sort of tampering/collusion repurcussions?

If the answers to the questions are yes and no respectively, then I have no idea why someone wouldn't do that and improve their draft position. I would love to see my hometown Colts work as a little broker for that deal, but if they did it even Ted Thompson would know something was up.

I am sorry if this has been discussed before, I am just curious.

I think the Packers could put in the trade a clause to not trade Favre any further. And if TB and the Vikes had such a deal beforehand without telling the Packers, which means it'll be an underhanded three-way trade, the league then could nullify the trade between TB and the Vikings and possibly face some hell with the players' union and Goodell.