PDA

View Full Version : Landry going overseas?

pippsux
07-23-2008, 09:20 PM
I just came across this, looks like either a bluff or maybe he will be playing overseas.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_9975224

connorg3
07-23-2008, 09:27 PM
The only way he'd play overseas is if he was stupid enough to request much more money then he's worth. Nobody is going to spend a full MLE on a sophomore PF with a possible balky knee. It's never wise to overrate yourself. Considering Scola is in his late 20's, he would be smart to play out the next few years behind him on a contender and get better. Then he would be the natural successor when Scola started getting old. And if he did want to entertain offers, he'd be in a much better position due to experience.

DontNOMuch
07-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Young players want money, simple

richardle9
07-23-2008, 11:22 PM
what is MLE?

Rockets Fanatic
07-24-2008, 12:00 AM
GIVE HIM LIKE 4 MiLLION A YEAR AND CALL IT GOOD

stevefrancis
07-24-2008, 12:42 AM
let him walk we don't need no player who doesn't show respect to a team that drafted him in the second round. throw im to the d-league. we got dorsey anways.

{}
07-24-2008, 12:55 AM
let him walk we don't need no player who doesn't show respect to a team that drafted him in the second round. throw im to the d-league. we got dorsey anways.

Yup.

Morey isn't going give a 20mpg bench reserve MORE money than Scola who is healthier, more skilled, talented and will take the bulk of the minutes at PF. The Rockets can probably sign Dorsey to a 3 yr deal for under 1m per season.

Adios Landry.

Good attempt to parlay that fluke reg. season FG% into a major payday. If he had an ounce of confidence he'd sign for 3m per season over 3 years with the final season being a player option. That's plenty of time for him to prove his worth.

Maybe that 42% *** kicking the Jazz gave him in the playoffs has him questioning his ability to survive in the league and not be exposed as a one dimensional dunker that needs wide open opportunities to flourish?

Crzycjunx76
07-24-2008, 01:40 AM
Yet another wild trade Idea here... Memphis is building for the future they are trying to get younger and trying to shed salary so that they can compete for freeagents next offseason.

Memphis sends : PF/C Darko Milicic and SG/PG Marko Jaric
Houston sends : PF Chuck Hayes, PF Carl Landry(4mil 1yr), SG Luther Head, PG Bobby Jackson, and F Steve Novak

Honestly this is a player dump in exchange underperforming underpaid backups... but I somehow think it makes our team better.

C-Yao Ming/Darko Milicic/ Deke
PF - Luis Scola/ Darko Milicic/ Dorsey/ Mike Harris/ Maarty Leunen
SF - Shane Battier/ Donte Greene/ Tracy Mcgrady
SG - Tracy Mcgrady/ Brent Barry/ Marko Jaric
PG - Rafer Alston/ Marko Jaric/ Aaron Brooks/ Steve Francis

15 players with Brooks, Leunen, and Harris in the D-League

We could give them even more Salary relif by throwing in Steve Francis and his expiring contract for Greg Buckner and if managment really wants Maarty Leunen to spend a year or two overseas Steve Novak isint really important to the deal... the numbers work either way, of course this is about as likely as winning the lottery... that scenario would look like-

C-Yao Ming/Darko Milicic/ Deke
PF - Luis Scola/ Darko Milicic/ Dorsey/ Mike Harris/ Steve Novak
SF - Shane Battier/ Donte Greene/ Greg Buckner
SG - Tracy Mcgrady/ Brent Barry/ Marko Jaric/ Greg Buckner
PG - Rafer Alston/ Marko Jaric/ Aaron Brooks/

That would be 15 players with Novak, Brooks, and Harris in the D-League.

Either our current roster sits at 16 players if we sign Landry and Leunen it would be 18 and we would have to shed 3 players.

{}
07-24-2008, 02:07 AM
^^^

I'd sign Landry to a 10m per season deal before I'd cripple the organization with Darko and Jaric. Jaric isn't much more useful than Luther Head on defense. The main difference between the two is Jaric has a terrible contract paying him 7m per season while Luther's outside shooting costs the Rockets only around 2m.

Darko??? Landry shot 42% and averaged 6rbs on a bum knee in the playoffs. Those are the normal season averages for Darko. The Rockets have no place for a sideshow gimmick. Darko is better suited for a cellar dwellar team interested in selling tickets to view the biggest bust of the decade; he'd be worthless to the Rockets and their pursuit of a championship.

ryback
07-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Just let him go!!!!:mad:, I know he's agents is really the one who convince him to not play in rockets because i think they need more money than the MLE that we have. We could let him go and sign dorsey and make a trade that will land Stromile Swift back to us to back-up Yao if Mutombo won't be back in Houston if he chooses another team. what you think guys can Swift could fit in Adelman's systems?

sep11ie
07-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Maybe his knee is only gonna allow him to play a few seasons so he's just trying to make as much as he can, while he can. I still think his agent is a ******* though.

JordansBulls
07-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Young players want money, simple

:clap:

And they want to play. If they are not superstars then they are in the league for money plain and simple.

Jay22Redd
07-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Landry's agent could make him miss out on the thing he want most...an NBA CHAMPIONSHIP. I think he might go overseas but he's doesnt really want to. He's just trying to see how much NBA teams would really pay him if he threatens to leave.

Alex-sama
07-24-2008, 11:09 AM
I prefer S/T this guy

Manos
07-24-2008, 11:32 AM
He and his agent are pissing me off. I say let him ship off to Europe and when he comes back we'll still own him, then he can spend the next season on the injured reserve with zero time on the floor. See what that does for increasing his offers from other teams.

Rhyming Rebel
07-24-2008, 12:11 PM
F uck him lets just sign the "Birdman"

IndiansFan337
07-24-2008, 12:21 PM
He overachieved last season. And he knows it. So does his agent. That's why he wants to be paid big now, because he knows his value is at its peak. Call his bluff, don't overpay. If he wants to go to Europe, let him. He's a nice backup, energetic, role player. It's just not worth paying more than $2-3 million for that type of player though.

nickymintz
07-24-2008, 01:54 PM
F uck him lets just sign the "Birdman"

Birdman signed with Denver already and Landry is much better than Birdman.
I have a feeling that Landrys agent is behind all of this and Landry just wants to sign back with the Rockets.
Or else Landry is just being a huge dick head.

pippsux
07-24-2008, 02:56 PM
I like Landry and what he did for us last year. But he needs to be smart. In any job, if a prospective employer asks for certain information, you provide it. Landry is confirming that he has an issue with his knee. If he is gone for real I wish him the best.

Jay22Redd
07-24-2008, 04:04 PM
I also wish him the best. I just hope its not him and its his agent. He need to get a new agent, the one he has now sucks!

Renovator
07-25-2008, 06:25 AM
I wonder if this Landry saga is holding up that minor trade Morey was talking about as well? This Landry saga is really peeing me off. Birdman has signed to Denver. We dont really have any other option in FA market besides Horry and DeKe.

I hope Harris doesnt end up with Landry's minutes. I have a feeling Landry isnt coming back.

rocketfuel
07-25-2008, 12:39 PM
What about trading for Sean Williams? The Nets might might be looking to move Sean Williams and Stromile Swift.

Rhyming Rebel
07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
What about trading for Sean Williams? The Nets might might be looking to move Sean Williams and Stromile Swift.

either player would work we have plenty of options

Jay22Redd
07-25-2008, 01:33 PM

Either one would be good but id prefer williams before swift

Russjr2
07-25-2008, 03:34 PM
S Williams could be a good young backup C prospect. Really good shot blocker and great athlete. Houston worked him out before the 07 draft but NJ picked higher than us. Not much of a offensive threat, but would dunk everything around the rim. He is a hometown boy as well. Not a high bball IQ and does have a little baggage but I hadn't heard of any trouble since he has been in NJ.

richardle9
07-25-2008, 06:29 PM
dude sean williams is a beast!!

Renovator
07-25-2008, 09:38 PM
I would love to trade for Sean Willams and Josh Boone. But we will be in the same boat next off season, as their contracts will be expiring. But the thing is we can have them for as cheap as Hayes and Head.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3081~2834~2763~2982~2990~3239&teams=17~17~17~10~10~10&te=&cash=

Chronz
07-29-2008, 01:52 AM
So long Landry, I have a feeling hes wise enough to know that going to play overseas is the best thing he could do for his career and health.

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 12:26 PM
he said he wanted to stay before he goes. he said rox is his first option, he should fire his agent.

Rox07
07-29-2008, 06:12 PM
f uck that kid, I hate how players who are supposed to suck *** are good b/c they expect so much more. But if a player sucks and gets paid alot no one cares (Randolph, Marbury).

{}
07-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Maurice Evans signed a 3yr deal with the Hawks for 7.5m (total). Landry's market value has been set. And like most here estimated, the fair market value is in the 2-3m per season range. Landry and his agent need to put the pipe down and come back to earth.