PDA

View Full Version : Warriors chasing big name free agents in 2009 or 2010.

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
If we sign Mo Evans for $2 million, saving $1 million, this signing is kinda fishy. We all know Azbuike is already cheap at $3 million. It almost looks as if the Dubs are penny pinching.

Im guessing, were penny pinching to make a serious run at Carlos Boozer in 2009 or Amare/Bosh in 2010.

How did the 76ers land Brand?
1.) traded away Kyle Korver
2.) To clear only $2 million off the books, they traded away 1st rounder, Carney and Booth for nothing but cap space.

Not saying were going to land Boozer, but it looks like were clearing cap space. If we dont land him in 2009, we still have a team thats played together for 2 years and major cap space, and can make a move for a free agent in 2010.

Team Roster signed for the long term, 3-5years:
Maggette(5), Randolph(5), Turiaf(4), Belinelli(4), Wright(4),
Marcus Williams (3) Mo Evans(3)
MUST RESIGN: Monta(5), Biedrins(5)

That's a solid core of 8 and I didn't include Jackson(2) or Hendrix.

$8 coming off the books, and $18 total if Al opts out, which he should do.

Tmac416
07-23-2008, 06:41 PM
i dont think bukie is cheap at 3 mil.

esscobar05
07-23-2008, 06:50 PM
I think 3 mil is a good deal some what cheap for what Buike brings to the table... I think that Buike should be priority over Evans.. Buike played with heart last season and you can not teach that... It would be a great loss to lose him because of 3 mil per yr... He is a bargain.. Watch and see...

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Yeah You All Got Good Points & If Evans Wants A Few More Bucks Then We Might As Well Just Match The Clippers Offer But If We Can Get Him A Lil Cheaper Then Lets Due It

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 06:58 PM
I think 3 mil is a good deal some what cheap for what Buike brings to the table... I think that Buike should be priority over Evans.. Buike played with heart last season and you can not teach that... It would be a great loss to lose him because of 3 mil per yr... He is a bargain.. Watch and see...

I think you missed some of the major points. The Dubs saved $1 million, but look at what the 76ers had to do to clear only $2 million in cap space to sign Brand. They traded away a nice looking 2nd year player and a 1st round pick.

The Dubs are penny pinching, and the underlying reason that they are doing so is to keep their salary cap as low as they possibly can so that they can make a run at free agents.

When all was said and done Buike was a luxury they could not afford with Randolph, Maggette, Belinelli and soon to be signed (I hope) Monta Ellis at the 2/3 positions.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 07:04 PM
That Could Be The Reason But I Dont See Why Cuz They Gotta Know That They Dont Have A Reasonable Shot At Those Guys Maybe Amare But Even Thats A Streatch

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 07:09 PM
^ Money talks, and Cash is King.

$18 coming off the books, a lot of reason to come here.

Looks like Barons' departure is turning out to be a blessing in disguise. We're developing a team identity and sense of independence and leadership for our youngsters sooner rather than later.

gowarriors
07-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Bosh is the only FA worth pursuing next year

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Free agents and corresponding year.

2009: Boozer
2010: Bosh, Amare, James, Wade, etc, etc.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Dont count on Al opting out... I wish he does but i think it all depends on what type of stats he puts up. He wont get close to the 10mil he will get if he opts out.

I would'nt mind Boozer at all. I think he puts us over the top if ellis transitions nicely becoming the point...

I would rather not go after Marion though, he would command too much...

oracle650
07-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Bosh is the only FA worth pursuing next year

I FEEL THAT

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Dont count on Al opting out... I wish he does but i think it all depends on what type of stats he puts up. He wont get close to the 10mil he will get if he opts out.

I would'nt mind Boozer at all. I think he puts us over the top if ellis transitions nicely becoming the point...

I would rather not go after Marion though, he would command too much...

This is a factor, the numbers he puts but so are:
1.) 2009 market vs. 2010 market. Twice as many quality players in 2010.
2.) Playing forecast: does Al think he'll play much in 2009-2010 with growing boys Randolph and Wright ready to take his minutes
3.) Age: Does Al want to be on the market at 29 years of age or 30.
4.) He leaves, $10 million on the table, but can easily sign a 4-5 year deal worth $25-30 million.

Because of the following factors, I think he's opting out if not traded at the deadline.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-23-2008, 08:21 PM
everyone wants security for the next 4-5 years... I feel you on that. Look at Bdizzle