PDA

View Full Version : Steve Bartman......are you out there?

scrubs101
07-23-2008, 05:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Cubs-fan-Steve-Bartman-offered-25K-for-just-one?urn=mlb,95542

sorry if already posted...

redbird89
07-23-2008, 05:51 PM
I'd do it.

It'd pay for my college.

For him maybe it would pay for plastic surgery and a name change.

Or he could just move to Europe or something.

CubsFanBudMan74
07-23-2008, 05:59 PM
25 k? hellz yeah i would

scrubs101
07-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Don't you think he's been offered more than that to do interviews and what not?

redbird89
07-23-2008, 06:15 PM
He could have enough money if he actually did interviews to move somewhere else.

And the Marlins winning the 2003 NLCS wasn't entirely his fault. Didn't Alex Gonzalez have an error that game? Didn't the Cubs give up like 8 runs? Wasn't that only game 6? The Cubs only had to win the next game.

Sure, it may have changed the momentum, but a good manager is supposed to get his team's mind on the game and not on fan interference, bad calls, other things they can't control.

CubsGirl
07-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Sure, it may have changed the momentum, but a good manager is supposed to get his team's mind on the game and not on fan interference, bad calls, other things they can't control.

Yeah, see, our manager was Dusty, so that kind of puts an end to that right there.

poodski
07-23-2008, 06:22 PM
I am glad we as a society cant get over the fact that it wasnt even his fault.

many, many people are to blame more than him.

Dusty
Gonzales
Dusty
Alout
Dusty
Prior
Dusty
and

Dusty

LivingThroughMe
07-23-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd do it.

It'd pay for my college.

For him maybe it would pay for plastic surgery and a name change.

Or he could just move to Europe or something.

Lol, what college are you going to?

godendahl
07-23-2008, 06:25 PM
He could have enough money if he actually did interviews to move somewhere else.

And the Marlins winning the 2003 NLCS wasn't entirely his fault. Didn't Alex Gonzalez have an error that game? Didn't the Cubs give up like 8 runs? Wasn't that only game 6? The Cubs only had to win the next game.

No kidding it wasn't. Nobody said it was. This is the first it was brought up. And the person who I pin almost all of the blame on is Alex Gonzalez not turning the easiest double play in all of baseball. He didn't even get a fielder's choice out. The rest is on Dusty.

redbird89
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Lol, what college are you going to?

Community college right now, but I have A+, which pays for the first 2 years. It's a little under $1500/semester without the scholarship I think. Afterward I might go to another nearby state college, which would be more like $2000-$3000/semester, so then I might try to get another grant.

Max Power
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
I, for one, don't condone a fan reaching past the barrier to interfere with a ball, but Gonzalez and Prior should, themselves, give the guy some cash for the absolute free pass their chokejobs get because of him.

Matchstckman
07-23-2008, 06:28 PM
I will gladly admit that it isn't Bartman's fault. But I still hate him.

poodski
07-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Lets also not forget Wood came out and laid an egg in game 7.

We scored 6 runs that game, even held the lead after 4.

shrek
07-23-2008, 06:29 PM
There are going to be many angry cubs fan waiting for him there. When he comes they will beat the **** out of him :laugh:

cubswoo
07-23-2008, 06:43 PM
All the Cubs need to do is win the World Series twice and then they can welcome him back to throw out the first pitch or something. That's all it took the Red Sox this year to have Bill Buckner back at Fenway without getting lynched

scrubs101
07-23-2008, 06:48 PM
All the Cubs need to do is win the World Series twice and then they can welcome him back to throw out the first pitch or something. That's all it took the Red Sox this year to have Bill Buckner back at Fenway without getting lynched

I think once would be more than plenty for Cubs fans to forget anything and everything.

OnWisconsin2007
07-23-2008, 06:53 PM
If you are a Cubs fan and have any animosity towards Bartman I consider you a bonafide idiot. First off, it wasn't his fault. If your SS could field a very routine grounder and throw it to 1st Steve Bartman would never have existed. It seems like many of you here are intelligent on the subject, but seriously, if you say stuff like "oh I hate Bartman" etc, you are an idiot, I'm sorry.

shrek
07-23-2008, 06:55 PM
If you are a Cubs fan and have any animosity towards Bartman I consider you a bonafide idiot. First off, it wasn't his fault. If your SS could field a very routine grounder and throw it to 1st Steve Bartman would never have existed. It seems like many of you here are intelligent on the subject, but seriously, if you say stuff like "oh I hate Bartman" etc, you are an idiot, I'm sorry.

You a brewers fan always find a way to call cubs fan idiot. It is like you wait for a chance to associate Idiot and Cubs together and you take it :eyebrow:

CHICAGOSTYLE
07-23-2008, 07:10 PM

you live in wisconsin, so that automatically makes you not only a bonafide idiot but an ugly 1 at that (we all know wisconsin is the capital of ugly). Theres also a high possibility of inbreeding.

anyways. bartman has turned down book and movie deals there is no way he'll show. there would be a better chance if he could do it in private but this is a public signing. NEVER. we all know its just asking for trouble. poor marketing move considering a riot would destroy the store.

Max Power
07-23-2008, 07:11 PM
I find trolls to be idiots, too.

Sportsnut
07-23-2008, 07:16 PM
I'd like to think Bartman, Michael Jackson, 2pac, Enron, Nick Hogan, and Mark Prior are all room mates in some random Island in the Netherlands isolated from all society.

Don't ask why.

LeoGetz
07-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Is it the goal of every Brewers "fan" to get banned for trolling the Cubs board?

CHICAGOSTYLE
07-23-2008, 07:28 PM
I find trolls to be idiots, too.

im no troll, i find people who use internet slang to insult people to be on the same level as wisconsinites

Max Power
07-23-2008, 07:36 PM
im no troll, i find people who use internet slang to insult people to be on the same level as wisconsinites

I was refering to Brewer girl, not you.

CHICAGOSTYLE
07-23-2008, 08:11 PM
my apologies.

shrek
07-23-2008, 08:17 PM
I love wisconsin dells though. Every year go for few days with my family. Few month later take my girl there telling my family i am going with my male buddies. lol

One thing i hate about wisconsin is that when i drive to Minnesota to see my aunt through wisconsin, it always smells like ****. The smell from cow dung is horrible and i have to smell that pretty much the whole time i am driving through wisconsin.

CubsRule08
07-23-2008, 08:18 PM
I will probably seem like the troll in this thread, but can we please stop with the Bartman s**t?

CHICAGOSTYLE
07-23-2008, 09:17 PM
I will probably seem like the troll in this thread, but can we please stop with the Bartman s**t?

dude every1 here feels the same pain. we all wish it never happened. personally the 03 playoffs turned out to be both the best and worst time of my life. you gotta understand the bartman talk will never stop. it will live in myth and legend as long as the great game of baseball is around. its that crazy its that ridiculous. unless you my friend are the bartman himself I say just live with it.

Come to think of it, theres a good chance the bartman is a member of this website considering he is still a diehard fan and im sure he doesnt have the balls to talk Cubs with any1 no matter where he is. food for thought. I ask..........which 1 of YOU is the BARTMAN????????????????

CubsRule08
07-23-2008, 09:21 PM
dude every1 here feels the same pain. we all wish it never happened. personally the 03 playoffs turned out to be both the best and worst time of my life. you gotta understand the bartman talk will never stop. it will live in myth and legend as long as the great game of baseball is around. its that crazy its that ridiculous. unless you my friend are the bartman himself I say just live with it.

Come to think of it, theres a good chance the bartman is a member of this website considering he is still a diehard fan and im sure he doesnt have the balls to talk Cubs with any1 no matter where he is. food for thought. I ask..........which 1 of YOU is the BARTMAN????????????????

I just hope this damn Bartman talk ends when we win the World Series

OnWisconsin2007
07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
How am I a troll? You guys are crazy. I'm pretty sure you guys were the ones breaking the rules, not me.

CubsRule08
07-23-2008, 09:26 PM
How am I a troll? You guys are crazy. I'm pretty sure you guys were the ones breaking the rules, not me.

Care to elaborate???

OnWisconsin2007
07-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Care to elaborate???

I just laid out an opinion, didn't insult anybody either. You guys came with some pretty heavy insults...like saying I was inbred and such....I know I'm in "enemy territory", but it's still kinda mean.

scrubs101
07-23-2008, 09:43 PM
I just laid out an opinion, didn't insult anybody either. You guys came with some pretty heavy insults...like saying I was inbred and such....I know I'm in "enemy territory", but it's still kinda mean.

Don't let them hurt your feelings cheddarbreath.

CubsRule08
07-23-2008, 09:43 PM

Well usually they see you come in here and talk trash, and that's why they do that...

OnWisconsin2007
07-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Well usually they see you come in here and talk trash, and that's why they do that...

I've probably never talked trash in here...I"m serious.

CubsRule08
07-23-2008, 09:56 PM
I've probably never talked trash in here...I"m serious.

Trash talk or no trash talk, they see you as a Brewers fan, so they think you will troll and bait and they go after you...i really dont care as much as they do, unless its a real ******* who deserves it

redbird89
07-23-2008, 09:57 PM
I do feel kind of sorry for Bartman. Fans reach over and catch balls sometimes and nobody notices. And the fans don't play the games.
OW2007, please just quit while you're ahead. You guys are winning, and if they lose, you'll probably tie them for first tonight. They might be a little annoyed. Also, your timing seems questionable that you didn't show up until the Brewers started getting really close.

giventofly
07-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Give it a rest guys.

quiksilver2491
07-23-2008, 10:02 PM
I used to like the Cubs and feel bad for them up until that Bartman incident. Again I understand not all Cubs fans are like that and probably most aren't but when he had to be carried out like that it was the lowest form of being a fan that I may have ever witnessed. I can guarantee you just about everyone would have made that same mistake if they were in that guys shoes, he was out at a game having fun watching his favorite team and for him to never be able to show his face in that stadium again is a damn shame. Again im not saying that its anyone on this forums fault for that but I would rather see my team never win a championship again before I see someone have to go through that again.

OnWisconsin2007
07-23-2008, 10:07 PM
I do feel kind of sorry for Bartman. Fans reach over and catch balls sometimes and nobody notices. And the fans don't play the games.
OW2007, please just quit while you're ahead. You guys are winning, and if they lose, you'll probably tie them for first tonight. They might be a little annoyed. Also, your timing seems questionable that you didn't show up until the Brewers started getting really close.

Well, I didn't stumble across this forum until like a month ago. Im my "main" forum I have 6100+ posts, so it's not like I just decided to come, lol.

I seriously post in this forum because I like to get some good sports talk. I'm trying, at least.

CHICAGOSTYLE
07-23-2008, 11:27 PM
I used to like the Cubs and feel bad for them up until that Bartman incident. Again I understand not all Cubs fans are like that and probably most aren't but when he had to be carried out like that it was the lowest form of being a fan that I may have ever witnessed. I can guarantee you just about everyone would have made that same mistake if they were in that guys shoes, he was out at a game having fun watching his favorite team and for him to never be able to show his face in that stadium again is a damn shame. Again im not saying that its anyone on this forums fault for that but I would rather see my team never win a championship again before I see someone have to go through that again.

First and foremost I do not blame the bartman however before your critical of the fans at the game that went after him maybe you should also put yourself in their shoes. the shoes of a tormented Cubs fan whos dream is 5 outs away from coming true. Now as i said i dont blame him but i was out on waveland ave that night with a little handheld tv and every1 on the street including myself would have strung him up on a tree that night if we had the chance. The next morning i realized how stupid that would be but its was the heat of the moment. In all honesty as much as im back to my senses if it meant seeing the Cubs win a world series Id gladly watch every chump in the ballpark get mobbed and when i say chump i mean the drunk chumps that earn a better beatdown on a wed. reg season day game vs the nationals than the bartman did that game.

CUBSin08
07-23-2008, 11:54 PM
bartman created the negative atmosphere in the whole stadium that caused the players to choke... cause before they were cruising along. dusty should have calmed the team down

CHICAGOSTYLE
07-24-2008, 12:43 AM
well calming the team down would be managing and we all know dusty baker didnt do any of that.

quiksilver2491
07-24-2008, 10:37 AM
First and foremost I do not blame the bartman however before your critical of the fans at the game that went after him maybe you should also put yourself in their shoes. the shoes of a tormented Cubs fan whos dream is 5 outs away from coming true. Now as i said i dont blame him but i was out on waveland ave that night with a little handheld tv and every1 on the street including myself would have strung him up on a tree that night if we had the chance. The next morning i realized how stupid that would be but its was the heat of the moment. In all honesty as much as im back to my senses if it meant seeing the Cubs win a world series Id gladly watch every chump in the ballpark get mobbed and when i say chump i mean the drunk chumps that earn a better beatdown on a wed. reg season day game vs the nationals than the bartman did that game.

Haha you do realize the team I root for doesn't have the greatest history at winning championships either (just look at the sig if you can't figure it out). I understand your torment, I had to deal with it for years before the Sox won in 2004, but that doesn't justify what has happened to this guy. He has to live in secret because of the fear that he will be attacked at any time by some crazzy Cubs fan. He has been shunned from society as we know it, and over what, a baseball game? He went there to have fun and watch his favorite team, not to interfere with a fly ball. I watched first hand how Bill Buckner got shunned from Boston culture, at least in his situation he held some responsibility for what happened as he was an actual baseball player, not just a fan involved in a random unintentional incident that could of happened to anyone. Still till this day I will defend the man though, without Buckner the Red Sox would have never made it to the World Series in 86' and I thank him for that. Again it might be hard to grasp but there are much bigger things in life then a baseball game or winning a championship, this is a man's life we are talking about here.

CubsFanBudMan74
07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
ROSEMONT, Ill. -- Steve Bartman has refused yet another offer to cash in on the moment he became the most famous -- or infamous -- Chicago Cubs fan in history.

Bartman friend Frank Murtha says that Bartman won't accept an offer of $25,000. For the money, all Bartman would have to do is attend the National Sports Collectors Convention in Rosemont and autograph a photograph taken of when he tipped a foul ball that seemed destined for Cubs' outfielder Moises Alou's glove during a 2003 playoff game with the Florida Marlins.

Bartman was vilified by Cubs fans, who thought that he helped prevent the team from reaching the World Series. Alou has since said he wouldn't have caught the ball.

Bartman has declined all offers to appear or make money off his brush with fame

linkage (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3503093)

Jerome Walton
07-24-2008, 02:58 PM
linkage (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3503093)

Smart man, give it a few years, it might get up to 100k. He can use Marty Brennamanís security detail. As for Bartman, I think Alou did have a chance to catch that ball, but what really did the Cubs in was Baker not getting off his arse and going out there to talk to his 22 year old Pitcher and let everyone catch their breath. Then Gonzalez picked a real unfortunate time to commit his 10th error of the year and Baker once again for not making a pitching change.

Cullksinikers
07-24-2008, 03:05 PM
He rejected it according to espn.go.com (ESPN Website)

CHICAGOSTYLE
07-24-2008, 03:07 PM

well buddy i dunno what to tell ya. people make mistakes that will haunt them forever. it sucks. life isnt fair. baseball isnt fair. sounds like your softer than the pillow i sleep on. **** happens

lilboytwister99
07-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Now now come on guys..... have you ever seen "Top 5 Reasons" on ESPN classic? They have an episode about the Bartman incident. A fan comes on the show and says he was going for the ball more than Bartman was. Now you cant tell me you blame that series on him. I mean yall did have a game 7, and it slipped away, plain and simple. I dont really know if Alou could have made that catch, but there were other things the team could have done to settle the situation, like the coach going out there and buying time.

Game 7 should have belonged to the Cubs, but the Marlins just took it from yall. Now Im sure 99 times out of 100 if yall played game 6 or 7 again, the Cubs would have won. But I cant necessarily say 99 times out of 100 Alou could have caught the ball. I just say this because I couldnt really get a good enough view of it. Who knows. But for a team to blame a fan of their own for costing them a chance at the World Series, come on have mercy people. Hes a FAN for cryin out loud.

Besides, even if yall went to the Series, who says yall could have gotten past Boston or New York? Think about it I dont believe it was as easy as it seems. But then again, I cant say anything for sure because I really have no clue what could have taken place.

Its alright, dont sweat it. Yall have a chance this year, so let it ride. Hell let him in the stadium for a game or two. This way yall can prove yall can win it with or without him there.

GO CUBS!

redwhitenblue
07-24-2008, 07:45 PM
A fan comes on the show and says he was going for the ball more than Bartman wasI was going for it from my home, does that count?

The pictures clearly show otherwise
I dont really know if Alou could have made that catchI do, he could have

PS, did you read this thread or just jump at the Bartman title with random crap spewing from your mouth?

Dmac
07-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Now now come on guys..... have you ever seen "Top 5 Reasons" on ESPN classic? They have an episode about the Bartman incident. A fan comes on the show and says he was going for the ball more than Bartman was. Now you cant tell me you blame that series on him. I mean yall did have a game 7, and it slipped away, plain and simple. I dont really know if Alou could have made that catch, but there were other things the team could have done to settle the situation, like the coach going out there and buying time.

Game 7 should have belonged to the Cubs, but the Marlins just took it from yall. Now Im sure 99 times out of 100 if yall played game 6 or 7 again, the Cubs would have won. But I cant necessarily say 99 times out of 100 Alou could have caught the ball. I just say this because I couldnt really get a good enough view of it. Who knows. But for a team to blame a fan of their own for costing them a chance at the World Series, come on have mercy people. Hes a FAN for cryin out loud.

Besides, even if yall went to the Series, who says yall could have gotten past Boston or New York? Think about it I dont believe it was as easy as it seems. But then again, I cant say anything for sure because I really have no clue what could have taken place.

Its alright, dont sweat it. Yall have a chance this year, so let it ride. Hell let him in the stadium for a game or two. This way yall can prove yall can win it with or without him there.

GO CUBS!

Did you even read this thread? Nobody here was blaming Bartman.

lilboytwister99
07-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Honestly, no I didnt read the whole thread because I thought there would be a lot of finger pointing at Bartman. So I was wrong, hey I have no problem admitting it. If Alou could have caught the ball, then why does he keep changing his mind about it? I think he once said he wouldnt have caught it, and then he came back saying he would have. Who really cares anyways. This year is all that matters. As far as me spewing crap from my mouth, if you read any of my posts on the Astros, you'll clearly see I "spew crap" about every team. Dont get me wrong, if Im wrong about something, I have no problem admitting it. Thats for sure.

I come by sometimes just to ruffle a few feathers, but I dont mean any harm by it. Im glad to see that yall believe in the Cubs and that you're proud of your team. I know I got nothing to fight for with my team. We just got swept by Pittsburgh..... yeah so talk crap about my team and watch me take up for em..... not lol.

The only roadblock I see the Cubs having this year is the Brewers.... but I dont think it will be too big of a problem. Can they win it all? Only time will tell.

Later yall!

redwhitenblue
07-24-2008, 10:08 PM
If Alou could have caught the ball, then why does he keep changing his mind about it? I think he once said he wouldnt have caught it, and then he came back saying he would have. I don't care what Alou thinks, the pictures clearly show he could have

damon berryhill
07-24-2008, 11:12 PM
double post

damon berryhill
07-24-2008, 11:12 PM
I don't care what Alou thinks, the pictures clearly show he could have

Moises Alous... can't live with 'em, and they can't pee without doing so on their hands.