PDA

View Full Version : Michael Grange: 13th Spot on Roster

RaPToR_FeVeR
07-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Okay: super-quick Raptors fix, since I can only get so revved up about the fate of the 13th spot on the roster. Yes, Juan Dixon is very much in the mix for it. The Raptors want to use that position for a combo-type guard, and Juan is that.

Source:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080723.WBwbbasketball20080723102031/WBStory/WBwbbasketball

JermanJaysFan
07-23-2008, 05:21 PM
I would be happy with adding Dixon, so long as he is alright with being the 13th man.

Raptors27
07-23-2008, 05:22 PM
He just says he wants Dixon..

I wouldnt mind Dixon tho, as long as he is ok with limited to no playing time on some nights.

ink
07-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Ugh. I really don't like the thought of Dixon. There are other options. There have to be. We saw so clearly how Dixon just couldn't fill the void when the team badly needed him to. Do we have to go through it again??

dirtybird
07-23-2008, 07:28 PM
^ Agreed. Dixon has shown that he's not able to run the point and I think that whoever ends up being that combo guard, he should at least be able to be a distributor.

Raptors27
07-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Honestly I would be happy with Lucas or Arroyo or even Pargo.

JermanJaysFan
07-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Honestly I would be happy with Lucas or Arroyo or even Pargo.

I pretty much agree, although I would have phrased it like this:

"Honestly I would be happy with Pargo or Arroyo or even Lucas."

Denverb2b
07-23-2008, 07:40 PM
I absolutely cant stand to read these guys articles about Dixon and I think it would be absolutely stupid to sign Juan Dixon and here is why,

1. Roko Ukic is no sure thing, we need a combo guard that can play 10-20mpg per game if Roko is not ready and ther is a very good chance thats the case.

2. Juan Dixon can not play the point guard position and run the offense effectively, if he is running the offense off the bench for 10-20mpg we will not advance in the playoffs

3. Juan Dixon is not a quality combo guard because he is to put it bluntly, a midget. How many times when he was here did we see him matched up against sg's like the Carter and Tmacs of the NBA? How many times did you cringe when they just fired jumper after jumper right over top him like they were playingn with no one infront them?

4. He wasnt the most loyal raptor when he was here, he thought he deserved more minutes even though he was lit up at SG and couldnt run the offense at pg and then asked to be traded, how will he react if Roko succeeds and he never plays at all?

The only thing he brings to the table is his occasional scoring, but he is a streaky scorer, a jump shooter who gets trigger happy and sometimes makes five in a row or misses 10 in a row. There is a million streaky scoring basketabll players in the world, why do we waste our last dollars on one of them that can do nothing else?

There is alot of options on the market right now that are way better than Juan Dixon for the same price, if we go with him and Roko fails and Juan is forced to play more minutes than he should (which is garbage time), then forget about our season cause its over before it began.

I ask anyone to come up with something that contradicts what i just typed out, Juan Dixon is not what we need and the only reason he called us back is because no other NBA team wants him.

Raptors27
07-23-2008, 07:47 PM

Yeah i agree i should have written it like that but i just wrote them as they came to mind.

Sn1ch_Turna
07-23-2008, 08:03 PM

Pargo and Arroyo are high quality bench PG's... doubtful the raps would have the room to sign them

_Sn1P3r_
07-23-2008, 09:25 PM

I agree with that rephrase. Pargo would be a good scoring source off the bench like he was for NO.