PDA

View Full Version : Bidding Process

ds637
07-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Interesting article. Look like if it is only about $ maybe Cuban will get a chance.

If anyone finds out who are the 3 promising bidders were, please post here.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chicago-cubs-bid-jul23,1,4464822.story

scrubs101
07-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Selig's cronies lowballed huh?

this should be interesting.....something is fishy there

Max Power
07-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Selig has to be pissed that Zell, instead of going by the script, is actually doing it the capitalistic way.
I am sure Selig will try to find a way to get his butt buddy the proper financing. God forbid someone who can think for himself on baseball matters buys the team.

07-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Isn't Zell going to retain 15% ownership because of the capital tax hit? I believe I read that somewhere, and the trail will lead to whoever he can get along with...jmho

bearsandcubsfan
07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Interesting article. Look like if it is only about $ maybe Cuban will get a chance.

If anyone finds out who are the 3 promising bidders were, please post here.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chicago-cubs-bid-jul23,1,4464822.story

I would assume one of the bids would be by the owner of the Chicago Wolves Dan Levin. I read an article a couple of years ago about him and he sounded like he would be a great owner.

He said there is no reason the Cubs have gone as long as they have without winning a championship. He said he would want to spend money but spend money wisely to help build a contender. I don't have a link to the article because it was written a couple years ago but he sounded like he would be a great owner.

ALBUNDY
07-23-2008, 06:56 PM
I would assume one of the bids would be by the owner of the Chicago Wolves Dan Levin. I read an article a couple of years ago about him and he sounded like he would be a great owner.

He said there is no reason the Cubs have gone as long as they have without winning a championship. He said he would want to spend money but spend money wisely to help build a contender. I don't have a link to the article because it was written a couple years ago but he sounded like he would be a great owner.

I cringe when I hear that. It's very hard to spend money wisely nowadays without overpaying for talent. That's become the nature of the business. Can someone name a big-time free agent in the last three years that has actually lived up to his contract?

faithfulfan
07-23-2008, 07:31 PM
I cringe when I hear that. It's very hard to spend money wisely nowadays without overpaying for talent. That's become the nature of the business. Can someone name a big-time free agent in the last three years that has actually lived up to his contract?

nvm

Max Power
07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Not exactly sure when he signed, but Josh Beckett

He was traded for Hanley Ramirez.