PDA

View Full Version : Murray Waived

BostonFan 53
07-23-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/..._on_waive.html

Business aside, this was a stupid move. He was the leader of the team and was coming off an injury. He was a true bruin in every sense of the word. Lets hope no one claims him and he goes to providence while ****ty useless players like Schaefer get to play in Boston.

Glen Gave his full heart and body to the organization. Playing injured for 2 straight years, he helped in the development of the younger players. Everyone wen't to him on the bench. Not Chara, Not Julien, him. This was a stupid move by the organozation and pretty classless, imo.

This will come back to haunt us this season.

homie564
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM

Business aside, this was a stupid move. He was the leader of the team and was coming off an injury. He was a true bruin in every sense of the word. Lets hope no one claims him and he goes to providence while ****ty useless players like Schaefer get to play in Boston.

Glen Gave his full heart and body to the organization. Playing injured for 2 straight years, he helped in the development of the younger players. Everyone wen't to him on the bench. Not Chara, Not Julien, him. This was a stupid move by the organozation and pretty classless, imo.

lemme start by saying this was a smart move... we had absolutely no room. and as for that.... i can almost guarntee... schaeffer has not completed his full potential as a boston bruin... just a gut feeling i have ... hell put up about 40+ pts this year... idk why... just that it takes time to get used to the boston atmosphere... and schaefer was a very nice player in ottawa

kazzy4080
07-23-2008, 05:41 PM
thanks glen, gonna miss you big guy

Shaiza
07-23-2008, 08:19 PM
He's a true Bruin, no doubt. But it had to be done. He knew he was making too much, and everyone in the league knew it as well. It's not classless at all. What would be not-classless? Send him down to Providence? This was the best move for both sides. I wish him luck, but I'm glad this was done.

And who said Schafer will be playing Boston? He is in a swirl of rumors going around. Last I heard he was involved in discussions with San Jose.

homie564
07-23-2008, 09:09 PM
shaiza whats the trade with san jose??

i am bob
07-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Muzz was a true bruin. His best days are behind him but he is still a sniper but he made too much money for us to keep him. We would've kept him if we could afford it. This was the best way to go for him. Good luck Glen Murray.

Cessna
07-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I like Glen Murray and it's possible he will find work with another team...however he is very Jason Allison like and he hasn't been able to get back into the NHL since the lockout...

Shaiza
07-23-2008, 10:36 PM
The trade with San Jose involves Schafer and McLaren. It is not clear if it is a 1 for 1 trade. Don't ask me for the source...by now y'all should know I'm reliable...

Danman1116
07-24-2008, 10:17 AM
The trade with San Jose involves Schafer and McLaren. It is not clear if it is a 1 for 1 trade. Don't ask me for the source...by now y'all should know I'm reliable...

this still under the radar? tried searchin some news sites for it and can't find anything...i'll believe ya tho cuz you are reliable :nod: :clap:

GoBruins17
07-24-2008, 01:23 PM

I love your passion but am confused by your logic.

It's tough to make a baseball analogy because there's no cap and the salaries vary so greatly especially dependent on rookie status so these numbers wouldn't line up percisely....but try to follow me here.

It would be like if there was a cap in baseball, and Tim Wakefields contract was up before the start of the year. For the sake of argument, the team has a decent 5-man rotation setup without him, and have filled their other needs, but they are over the cap by about his salary.

They were faced with a situation where they could bring him back this year, but in order to make room, would have to forego Mike Lowell, Jon Lester, and not bring in any impact free agents.

Would you do it? I wouldn't.

I know all of the literal types would say "Well I would just dump Julio Lugo's *** on the street" -- I would too, but if baseball had a cap, do you think Lugo would be making 8.5? :rolleyes:

AngusYoungRocks
07-24-2008, 01:46 PM
we all knew this had to be done and now that it is over i hope murray can sign with a cup contender and finally win a cup.

thanks and good luck muzzy.:clap:

Danman1116
07-24-2008, 02:48 PM
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16333

apparently that deal isn't gonna happen...and bouwmesteer? i don't think we can afford him so not gonna count on us getting him

homie564
07-24-2008, 03:10 PM
were going after mcclaren again haha... didnt we release him because he literally nearly killed (like seriously almost killed him) saku koivu or sheldon souray or one of those canadiens

BleedGold08
07-24-2008, 09:53 PM
I have to agree Murray was a true Bruin and always will be a Bruin in my eyes but we all new this was coming. Sometimes you have to let go of the past and look towards the future. I will take the Murray release for the Wideman signing (which is basically what it boiled down to). I would like to wish Muzz good luck in his future...go get a cup

Shaiza
07-24-2008, 11:37 PM
The Bruins are in heated talks for Bouwmeester.
The Devils seem to be the front runners, as they offered their defense chips and a young winger.
Looks like the deal for Bouwmeester could involve names such as:
Kobasew
Alberts
Schafer
Stuart
Krejci

Danman1116
07-25-2008, 08:37 AM
The Bruins are in heated talks for Bouwmeester.
The Devils seem to be the front runners, as they offered their defense chips and a young winger.
Looks like the deal for Bouwmeester could involve names such as:
Kobasew
Alberts
Schafer
Stuart
Krejci

Schaefers really the only one among those I'd be willing to give up...Krejci's a tough one, I don't think I could give him up either

I say Schaefer and maybe a guy from Prov could get this deal done

Shaiza
07-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Schaefers really the only one among those I'd be willing to give up...Krejci's a tough one, I don't think I could give him up either

I say Schaefer and maybe a guy from Prov could get this deal done

Schafer would only be in the deal for salary purposes, not skill wise. Everyone has to understand that Bouwmeester is a #1 talent and it would be amazing if the B's landed him. Considering the fact that they lost Jokinen, it would seem like they'd want some young forwards in return of the trade along with a young defenceman.

homie564
07-25-2008, 06:34 PM
yeah... id say ud probably be looking at

Schaeffer, Kobasew, Lashoff/Stuart (if not both)

Stonevision
07-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Anyone know what bowmeester is making? We'd have to give up somebody that is making some good money. Schaefer would be nice as he seemed to get lost in the mix last year amongst our wingers. We might have to give up one of our good young centers to get him as well.

Danman1116
07-26-2008, 08:09 AM
According to thefourthperiod.com:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/Florida.html

$2.25 mil

Shaiza
07-26-2008, 11:50 AM
He does not have a salary at the moment, he is a restricted free agent. He has rejected several offers from Florida, as he publicly showed his frustration playing in South Florida. If he takes this thing to arbitration on the 29th, he will receive a one year contract and he will be an unrestricted free agent next year. But, I am sensing a trade going down before arbitration as some teams do have money to resign the guy. Don't count the Bruins out (even though Bouwmeester rejected a 5 million per contract), if we trade the right players, the cap will clear up and we will have good money to sign him if we can land him.

Danman1116
07-26-2008, 01:10 PM
2 mil freed up from Murray
2.1 mil for Schaefer
Leaves about 1 mil to free up

So maybe he'll want to play in Boston and take 5 mil...altho that'd leave the blue line pretty crowded

Alberts
Bouwmeester
Chara
Ference
Hnidy
Stuart
Ward
Wideman

Out of those guys, only one I'd really wanna part with is Hnidy, so I guess Stuart would either be sent packing to another team or to Prov

homie564
07-26-2008, 07:43 PM
he was just officially bought out

BostonFan 53
07-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I love your passion but am confused by your logic.

It's tough to make a baseball analogy because there's no cap and the salaries vary so greatly especially dependent on rookie status so these numbers wouldn't line up percisely....but try to follow me here.

It would be like if there was a cap in baseball, and Tim Wakefields contract was up before the start of the year. For the sake of argument, the team has a decent 5-man rotation setup without him, and have filled their other needs, but they are over the cap by about his salary.

They were faced with a situation where they could bring him back this year, but in order to make room, would have to forego Mike Lowell, Jon Lester, and not bring in any impact free agents.

Would you do it? I wouldn't.

I know all of the literal types would say "Well I would just dump Julio Lugo's *** on the street" -- I would too, but if baseball had a cap, do you think Lugo would be making 8.5? :rolleyes:

Yea. As you can tell He was my favorite player of all time. Although i knew it would happen, i was still hoping we would find a way to get out of it. I apologize for making probably the dumbest post ever. Remind me to never post when mad :D

AngusYoungRocks
07-27-2008, 07:07 PM
i dont know if i would even want Bouwmeester that would just be setting us up for even more salary problems down the road, but this is waht i would be will to part with to get him.

Krejci or sobodka, alberts , lashoff/ward, and schaefer. this will mabye cut down on the b's salary, especally if ward is involved, and get a better D.

BostonFan 53
07-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Krejci and Sobotka shouldn't be traded.

Danman1116
07-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Bouwmeester resigned with FL

BostonFan 53
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Just on a 1 year deal. Which hopefully means he's on the block.

Shaiza
07-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Yeah...I see him as a huge rental player at the deadline.

BostonFan 53
07-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Not sure if i wan't the B's to go after him or not. The starting price would be either Krejci or Kessel. Along with them, we might have to part with Wideman....At least that's what his value is at. Seeing as this is Florida, we could probably get him for a 5th round pick.