PDA

View Full Version : Cohan

oracle650
07-23-2008, 03:53 PM
What do you guys think about this guy? Do you respect his basketball IQ and do you trust him with our team? Personally I don't care for dude last year when we were fighting for our lives our owner is posting on yahoo with a Giants avatar. You know how I feel about the Giants. And better yet you know that the dubs have won a championship while the Giants are still hoping. Plus where's the team pride. people on yahoo were clowning this guy and Bay Area sports. I had to go bad. I know you don't need to know hoop to have ownership but it'd be nice. at least make mitch richmond GM or something. Someone tell me the end of bone head warrior moves are over!!!!

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 04:05 PM
I Agree

Tmac416
07-23-2008, 06:44 PM
ask any basketball insider and they will tell you he is one of teh worst owners in basketball. i read that many times in chats

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah He's As Bad As The Knicks Owner

oracle650
07-23-2008, 09:22 PM
^pretty much

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure Cohan is the worst. I don't even think he's that bad. He's granted Chris Mullin free reign to sign whomever he pleases, unfortunately Mullin granted overpriced longterm contracts to underserving players such as Foyle, Dunleavy and Murphy. Which put us in a SERIOUS bind and hamstrung what we could do even to this day.

We have to see if Cohan is willing to pursue a major free agent in 2009 or 2010. That is the biggie.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-23-2008, 11:06 PM
im seems as if he has been in the shadows the past few years. I thought he was worst before when we had the huge playoff drought because he seemed like he wanted to keep his pockets full and didnt spend much on free agents.

IMO hes basically lets Mullin run the show... They brought back Nelly even though Nelly left on bad impression with Cohan when he left the dubs in the 90's

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 11:24 PM
im seems as if he has been in the shadows the past few years. I thought he was worst before when we had the huge playoff drought because he seemed like he wanted to keep his pockets full and didnt spend much on free agents.

IMO hes basically lets Mullin run the show... They brought back Nelly even though Nelly left on bad impression with Cohan when he left the dubs in the 90's

My sentiments exactly, seems like he just let's Mullie run the show and was man enough to swallow his pride and hire back Don Nelson.

Never ever see him trying to steal the spotlight or never see him quoted in the paper.

Saltinuts40
07-24-2008, 01:58 AM
What do you guys think about this guy? Do you respect his basketball IQ and do you trust him with our team? Personally I don't care for dude last year when we were fighting for our lives our owner is posting on yahoo with a Giants avatar. You know how I feel about the Giants. And better yet you know that the dubs have won a championship while the Giants are still hoping. Plus where's the team pride. people on yahoo were clowning this guy and Bay Area sports. I had to go bad. I know you don't need to know hoop to have ownership but it'd be nice. at least make mitch richmond GM or something. Someone tell me the end of bone head warrior moves are over!!!!

Worst owner in the history of sports.

BigWheel
07-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Cohan may be a limp fish as far as his personality - but he is anything but a horrible owner.

Has he made mistakes along the way - Definitely.

Like others have stated he has let his Mully run the show and put aside his ego to rehire Coach Nelson.

A bad owner is a meddler, a cheapskate, an embarrassment to the community or worse someone who sells your local franchise out and moves it somewhere else.

Art Modell- bad owner
George Shinn- bad owner
Donald Sterling - was bad and may still be.
ATL Hawks- horrible ownership group causing players to bolt team
Dr York - embarrassment to community and a meddler

you can easily make a list of the real stink bombs.

Just because we have not won a championship does not mean are owner is a bust.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 01:12 PM
^ Bigwheel, great points. Were' fortunate not to have a meddler, mover or ego-driven snob as our owner.

oracle650
07-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Cohan may be a limp fish as far as his personality - but he is anything but a horrible owner.

Has he made mistakes along the way - Definitely.

Like others have stated he has let his Mully run the show and put aside his ego to rehire Coach Nelson.

A bad owner is a meddler, a cheapskate, an embarrassment to the community or worse someone who sells your local franchise out and moves it somewhere else.

Art Modell- bad owner
George Shinn- bad owner
Donald Sterling - was bad and may still be.
ATL Hawks- horrible ownership group causing players to bolt team
Dr York - embarrassment to community and a meddler

you can easily make a list of the real stink bombs.

Just because we have not won a championship does not mean are owner is a bust.

cohan hasn't won the warriors won in 75

Thatruth32
07-24-2008, 01:38 PM
damn with a giants avatar thats messed up ... i mean the sad thing is he is still makin guap off us because warrior fans are the most loyal fans in the bayarea...

half the niner fans are bandwagon fans.. half the raider fans dont even like football they just think they look hard in the sliver and black... giants aint won a champ since 1956 and that was in NY and when u go lots are in suits and stuff... the A's dont even really have much a fan base and who can blame them when everytime they get a good player they trade him away...

i might piss off some fans by saying what i said but i think its tha truth.... cohen sucks he knows it but he sees it as a business and as long as he makes a profit he doesnt care that much....

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 01:53 PM
damn with a giants avatar thats messed up ... i mean the sad thing is he is still makin guap off us because warrior fans are the most loyal fans in the bayarea...

half the niner fans are bandwagon fans.. half the raider fans dont even like football they just think they look hard in the sliver and black... giants aint won a champ since 1956 and that was in NY and when u go lots are in suits and stuff... the A's dont even really have much a fan base and who can blame them when everytime they get a good player they trade him away...

i might piss off some fans by saying what i said but i think its tha truth.... cohen sucks he knows it but he sees it as a business and as long as he makes a profit he doesnt care that much....

Most owners see this as a business or a little trinket among the elite to show off their wealth.

Cohan is not playing the game, but signing the checks and I still have not seen him not sign the checks for whom warriors management targeted.

You can say that in the past he has done a poor job of hiring GM's (cough Twardzik) but Mullin has got this team on the right path.

Basically, Cohan has done a poor job hiring GM's and coaches and has always signed the checks with little complaint or public blowup. If I was him, I would be pissed that management convinced me to sign Jaminson, Foyle, Murphy, Dunleavy and Derek Fisher to long overpriced contracts.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah He Was Very Lil B-ball Knowledge If Any He's A Business Man & Not A Very Good One At That

oracle650
07-24-2008, 02:11 PM

I feel ya. You know I've been an A's fan since 86-87. My first love and if I meet someone that likes the A's usually they really love baseball. I really love the A's you can keep the Bo sox and Yanks and thats all they want baseball to be right now. The Raider fans I meet rarely know about Hayes, Tatum, Atkinson, Casper, Allen, Stabler, etc. So for the most part ur dealing with low football IQ's. and thats when I get jinxed every year cats be like we're gonna do this and that and ain't even seen the schedule. niner fans are pretty quiet these days or they put down the montana throwbacks and picked up Bo Jackson jerseys. The dubs is just about all the BAY has right now real talk.

Tmac416
07-24-2008, 03:50 PM

wow i dont remeber ever disagreeing with truth but this is one of those times.
Im sorry but the bay area's team is the 49ers. and they show you exactly what happens when you have good owner who cares deeply about the team. no has been bandwagon fan in 15 years. we have not been good most of this decade. niner fans are some of the most loyal fans out thhere. even when they suck they still fill up the staidum. Ginats may not have won a chamionship since 1954 but that doesnt make the fans. They are consitantly in the top 5 for attendance. we just went to to world series in 2002. cubs havnt won in 100 years but that doesnnt make thier fans less loyal. the suit and tie problem is not that bad, i enjoy myself everytime i go and the giants fans never give up. everytime the 7th comes aroudn they try to rally the team no matter what. the warrios have always been the odd man out. the warriros havnt been taken seriously in years and years. no even took run tmc that serious, it was jsut fun to watch. they havnt been force. and until they can make serious noise in winning games and getting to playoffs constantly, they will always be in shadow of the other teams

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 04:10 PM
People will watch and be more interested in the team that wins. The last 2 years the local, national and international attention has been all on the Dubs, there's no denying that.

Context is also important to remember. Basketball is the international sport, and you can see NBA jersey's in Europe and Asia, where American football and baseball are non-existent.

oracle650
07-24-2008, 05:24 PM
wow i dont remeber ever disagreeing with truth but this is one of those times.
Im sorry but the bay area's team is the 49ers. and they show you exactly what happens when you have good owner who cares deeply about the team. no has been bandwagon fan in 15 years. we have not been good most of this decade. niner fans are some of the most loyal fans out thhere. even when they suck they still fill up the staidum. Ginats may not have won a chamionship since 1954 but that doesnt make the fans. They are consitantly in the top 5 for attendance. we just went to to world series in 2002. cubs havnt won in 100 years but that doesnnt make thier fans less loyal. the suit and tie problem is not that bad, i enjoy myself everytime i go and the giants fans never give up. everytime the 7th comes aroudn they try to rally the team no matter what. the warrios have always been the odd man out. the warriros havnt been taken seriously in years and years. no even took run tmc that serious, it was jsut fun to watch. they havnt been force. and until they can make serious noise in winning games and getting to playoffs constantly, they will always be in shadow of the other teams

dubs got a championship. tough division you know it. look the jazz neva one. on the niner one u got us because of shady davis and the smelLA raiders. or else I'd say we were the BAY's team. all bs aside my boys did their thing for 15 years ur boys smashed for 15 years. times change they both suck. maybe times change and the warriors do the dam thing. I like the fact that we actually got a decent bench now. or so it seems.