PDA

View Full Version : Which teams are better

BurnsinPhilly
07-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Im bored so i decided to take every team from a division and make a all divison team and see which divison has the most taleneted team. Each postion can have a maxium of 2 backups and it goes on a 5 man rotation.

NL EAST
Catcher-Brian Mccan,Brian Schinder
1st Base-Ryan Howard,Mark Texiera and Carlos Delgado
2nd Base-Chase Utley,Dan Uggla
Shortstop-Hanley Ramierz,Jose Reyes,Jimmy Rollins
3rd Base-David Wright,Chipper Jones,Ryan Zimmerman
Left Field-Pat Burrell,Mosies Alou
Center Field-Carlos Beltran,Shane Victorino
Right Field-Jeff Francouer, Lastings Milledge, Ryan Church

5 man rotation- Johan Santanna, Cole Hamels, Tim Hudson, John Smoltz, Ricky Nolasco.

Bullpen Closer-Brad Lidge setup man-Billy Wagner

NL CENTRAL
Catcher-Geovany Soto,Yadier Molina
1st Base-Albert Pujols,Derek Lee, Prince Fielder,Lance Berkman
2nd Base-Brandon Phillips, Freddy Sanchez
Shortstop-Miguel Tejada,JJ Hardy,Ryan Theriot
3rd Base-Aramis Ramierz,Troy Glaus, Edwin Encarnicon
Left Field-Ryan Braun,Carlos Lee, Adam Dunn
Center Field-Nate Mcclouth,Koskue Fukodome, Rick Ankiel
Right Field-Jason Bay, Alfonoso Soriano,Ken Griffey JR

5 Man Rotation-Carlos Zambrano,Rich Harden, C.C. Sabathia, Ben Sheets, Edison Volquez
Bullpen-Closer-Kerry Wood setup man- jose valverde and fransico cordero
The central has even more players i had to leave off.

NL WEST
Catcher-Russell Martin, Bengie Molina
1st Base-Todd Helton, James Loney
2nd Base-Orlando Hudson, Clint Barmes
Shortstop-Troy tulotwiski, Rafeal Furcal, Stephen Drew
3rd Base-Garrett Atkins,Kevin Kouzmanoff
Left Field-Matt Holliday, Andre Eitheir
Center Field- willy taveras,chris young, andruw jones
right field-brad hawpe, brian giles

rotation- Pevay,Webb,Haren, Young, Francis
Bullpen- Hoffman Lyon

the west was so bad i had trouble finishing it.

BurnsinPhilly
07-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Ill make the al soon

ugafan
07-23-2008, 03:32 PM
It's easily the central, but I hope the starters aren't listed first, Wright over Jones, and Francouer over Church?:pity:

Joba Rules!!
07-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Francouer lol

BurnsinPhilly
07-23-2008, 03:37 PM
no the team was just listed. but the central has 6 teams so that helps them

Brew Crew
07-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Hart is more valuable then Ken Griffey Jr. But I'll take the NL Central's rotation vs anybody.

PhillyLuver
07-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Central easy.

The West is godawful

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Wow look at the rotation from the central just wow

CAIN=FUTURE
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Im bored so i decided to take every team from a division and make a all divison team and see which divison has the most taleneted team. Each postion can have a maxium of 2 backups and it goes on a 5 man rotation.

NL EAST
Catcher-Brian Mccan,Brian Schinder
1st Base-Ryan Howard,Mark Texiera and Carlos Delgado
2nd Base-Chase Utley,Dan Uggla
Shortstop-Hanley Ramierz,Jose Reyes,Jimmy Rollins
3rd Base-David Wright,Chipper Jones,Ryan Zimmerman
Left Field-Pat Burrell,Mosies Alou
Center Field-Carlos Beltran,Shane Victorino
Right Field-Jeff Francouer, Lastings Milledge, Ryan Church

5 man rotation- Johan Santanna, Cole Hamels, Tim Hudson, John Smoltz, Ricky Nolasco.

Bullpen Closer-Brad Lidge setup man-Billy Wagner

NL CENTRAL
Catcher-Geovany Soto,Yadier Molina
1st Base-Albert Pujols,Derek Lee, Prince Fielder,Lance Berkman
2nd Base-Brandon Phillips, Freddy Sanchez
Shortstop-Miguel Tejada,JJ Hardy,Ryan Theriot
3rd Base-Aramis Ramierz,Troy Glaus, Edwin Encarnicon
Left Field-Ryan Braun,Carlos Lee, Adam Dunn
Center Field-Nate Mcclouth,Koskue Fukodome, Rick Ankiel
Right Field-Jason Bay, Alfonoso Soriano,Ken Griffey JR

5 Man Rotation-Carlos Zambrano,Rich Harden, C.C. Sabathia, Ben Sheets, Edison Volquez
Bullpen-Closer-Kerry Wood setup man- jose valverde and fransico cordero
The central has even more players i had to leave off.

NL WEST

Bullpen- Hoffman Lyon

the west was so bad i had trouble finishing it.

Andruw Jones over Aaron Rowand??? Wtf is up with that. And way to leave the pitcher who is having the best season in the NL West out, Tim Lincecum. Also, were the **** is Brian Wilson? A.K.A. the All Star.

hammerinhank
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Central is the best hands down... I would have Hart and Nady in there though..

But you gotta love the SS out of th East...

RedHeadsRule
07-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Central because of the rotation

ugafan
07-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Andruw Jones over Aaron Rowand??? Wtf is up with that. And way to leave the pitcher who is having the best season in the NL West out, Tim Lincecum. Also, were the **** is Brian Wilson? A.K.A. the All Star.

He sucks ***, can't even make a case for him. Rowand should be on there though.

nme
07-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Way to just take a **** on the west. if you don't follow the NL West, don't try and make their All-Division Team. Granted, records out here are bad, but that is a sorry excuse for the All-Division team.

REGular
07-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Seriously do you people READ before you reply . . .

I hope the starters aren't listed first

no the team was just listed.

ugadawgsfan17
07-23-2008, 05:01 PM
The East has a pretty good team but with some awful spots. Our right fielders suck and so do our relievers besides Lidge

CAIN=FUTURE
07-23-2008, 05:07 PM
He sucks ***, can't even make a case for him. Rowand should be on there though.

Wtf? Are you ****ing ********? Hes leading the NL in saves.

IRUAM #21
07-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Nl east needs an upgrade in rf the Nl central has an awesome rotation

Jonathan2323
07-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Central

Seamhead
07-23-2008, 06:24 PM

And?

His FIP ERA is a very unimpressive 3.71, while his ERA is 4.81. Ewww. I'd trust him with my girlfriend more than I'd trust him with an inning.

PhillyUD26
07-23-2008, 06:26 PM

Maybe its the 1.55 WHIP, or the 4.81 ERA, or the 89 ERA+

GHGHCP
07-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Add Matt Kemp to CF and Justin Upton to RF and the West gets a lot stronger.

GHGHCP
07-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Way to just take a **** on the west. if you don't follow the NL West, don't try and make their All-Division Team. Granted, records out here are bad, but that is a sorry excuse for the All-Division team.

Agreed, West has awesome pitching and this guy only list 3 of its elite pitchers.

Peavy, Webb, Haren, Lincecum, Billingsley

Pen- Bell, Broxton, Saito

There, best pitching in the NL easily.

yaowowrocket11
07-23-2008, 07:29 PM
NL WEST

Bullpen- Hoffman Lyon

The West may be a bad division team wise, but not talent wise.

Taveras - .244 BA, .296 OBP, .597 OPS = :puke:
Tulowitzki - .195 BA, .269 OBP, .592 OPS = :puke: (Also missed large part of season)
Jones - .166 BA, .269 OBP, .518 OPS = :puke:
Helton - .266 BA, .393 OBP, .783 = :confused:
Francis - 5.67 ERA, 1.55 WHIP = :puke:
Young - 4.50 ERA, 1.48 WHIP = :confused:

Why is the whole Rockies team in the West team, when they don't deserve it, and most of the Rockies players you mentioned are on the DL? (Helton, Francis, Tulo)

phillyphan4ever
07-23-2008, 07:45 PM
first thing i noticed when i read this is Lincecum isnt in the West rotation which is sick, i like the east's power and speed, but the west and central both have GREAT rotations, so its tough one, i'll go with the central

sportwiz628
07-23-2008, 07:47 PM
The Centrals rotation scares me and the west's lineup is just about all rockies lol

H-MYK
07-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Central, better rotation.

DeShaun Brown
07-23-2008, 08:51 PM
You could probably do just the Cubs and Brewers against the other Divisions.

NL CENTRAL
Catcher-Geovany Soto, Jason Kendall
1st Base-Derek Lee, Prince Fielder
2nd Base-Mark DeRosa, Rickie Weeks
Shortstop-JJ Hardy, Ryan Theriot
3rd Base-Aramis Ramierz, Bill Hall
Left Field-Alfonso Soriano, Ryan Braun
Center Field-Jim Edmonds, Mike Cameron
Right Field-Cory Hart, Koskue Fukodome

5 Man Rotation-Carlos Zambrano,Rich Harden, C.C. Sabathia, Ben Sheets, Ryan Dempster
Bullpen-Closer-Kerry Wood setup men- Carlos Marmol and Salomon Torres

sanfranfan1210
07-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Central

ugafan
07-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Seriously do you people READ before you reply . . .

I posted that before he posted, it was an answer to my question.

You=Fail
Mind your own ****ing business.

ugafan
07-23-2008, 10:14 PM

And?

His FIP ERA is a very unimpressive 3.71, while his ERA is 4.81. Ewww. I'd trust him with my girlfriend more than I'd trust him with an inning.

pwnd

BTW Seamhead, your stats are sick.
Baseball ref?

Philly4life84
07-23-2008, 10:20 PM

NL CENTRAL

5 Man Rotation-Carlos Zambrano,Rich Harden, C.C. Sabathia, Ben Sheets, Ryan Dempster

Volquez over Dempster any day.

Giants2009
07-23-2008, 10:37 PM
dempster sucks!!! HAHAHA

Rochesta
07-23-2008, 10:47 PM
AL East smokes face in this, right now. Right. Now.

1B: Pena
2B: Pedroia
3B: Longoria
ss: Arod
RF: Drew
CF: Upton
LF: Manny
DH: Ortiz

Halladay, Dice-K, Kazmir, Beckett, Marcum

Rivera, Papelbon, Ryan

!!!

CAIN=FUTURE
07-24-2008, 02:24 AM

And?

What do those stats have to do with any thing? Hes a ****ing closer! The only stat that maters for closers are saves. And if you actually watch the Giants you would know he gives up most his runs in non save situations. When the game gets close, Wilson gets nasty. Hes the real deal, and hes the best closer on the West Coast (K-Rod doesnt count, hes in his own class.). He was an All Star for a reason.

Seamhead, he probably F'ing your girl friend right now.

Seamhead
07-24-2008, 02:29 AM
What do those stats have to do with any thing? Hes a ****ing closer! The only stat that maters for closers are saves. And if you actually watch the Giants you would know he gives up most his runs in non save situations. When the game gets close, Wilson gets nasty. Hes the real deal, and hes the best closer on the West Coast (K-Rod doesnt count, hes in his own class.). He was an All Star for a reason.

What do those stats have to do with anything? Let's see:

- they measure the effectiveness of a pitcher
-they measure how good he is at doing the things he can control (give up HR, K's, and BBs)
- they measure how "good" he is at allowing runs.

Basically, they measure his talent level.....

Okay, fine. I'll be the objective one who realizes saves are crappy, and you can be the homer who has his head up his :moon:. and thinks saves are a good statistic. I'm not going to explain why they're not because people have explained that plentiful in other threads recently. I guess you weren't paying attention.

I hope so. My dick will be where an all-star's dick was at one point!

natepro
07-24-2008, 02:31 AM

:laugh2: :laugh2:

CAIN=FUTURE
07-24-2008, 02:33 AM
Okay, fine. I'll be the objective one who realizes saves are crappy, and you can be the homer who has his head up his :moon:. and thinks saves are a good statistic. I'm not going to explain why they're not because people have explained that plentiful in other threads recently. I guess you weren't paying attention.

How are saves a bad stat?

And btw, I'm pretty sure she's gonna leave you for him. Don't feel alone though, he does that to everyone. He stole Rossy O'donalds girlfriend too.

Seamhead
07-24-2008, 02:41 AM
How are saves a bad stat?

Because you don't have to be good to get a save. Just have a team that plays a lot of close games, but not too close as to where you don't f' up. Just like RBIs, it has as much to do with your team as it does with you.

How hard is it go get three outs in the 9th without giving up a lot of runs? Is it any harder than 3 outs in the 6th?

We should measure relievers by the leverage in which they enter the game, not by how many saves they get.

And btw, I'm pretty sure she's gonna leave you for him. Don't feel alone though, he does that to everyone. He stole Rossy O'donalds girlfriend too.

Hilarious?

ugafan
07-24-2008, 02:43 AM

Because the Giants suck hard dick, and they needed a rep. That's why.

Seamhead
07-24-2008, 02:44 AM

Not true. There's a stud called Tim Lincecum who plays for the Giants.:)

Wilson is just in because Hurdle is a DA

CAIN=FUTURE
07-24-2008, 02:46 AM

**** you! OMFG I wish you were right in front of me. Ever heard of Tim Lincecum?

CAIN=FUTURE
07-24-2008, 02:50 AM
Because you don't have to be good to get a save. Just have a team that plays a lot of close games, but not too close as to where you don't f' up. Just like RBIs, it has as much to do with your team as it does with you.

How hard is it go get three outs in the 9th without giving up a lot of runs? Is it any harder than 3 outs in the 6th?

We should measure relievers by the leverage in which they enter the game, not by how many saves they get.

Hilarious?

Closers have to have the right mindset. Its a lot harder to pitch the 9th than the 6th. Wilson is 23/25 in save oppurtunities. And a lot of the games he comes into are one run games Im sure non of you believe me when I say the Giants offense sucks, and we dont usually win by many more runs than one, but its true. When Wislon comes in the game is like 2 to 3, or 4 to 5.

Seamhead
07-24-2008, 02:54 AM
Closers have to have the right mindset. Its a lot harder to pitch the 9th than the 6th. Wilson is 23/25 in save oppurtunities. And a lot of the games he comes into are one run games Im sure non of you believe me when I say the Giants offense sucks, and we dont usually win by many more runs than one, but its true. When Wislon comes in the game is like 2 to 3, or 4 to 5.

Leverage measures exactly what you're talking about. How crucial a certain situation is. Yes, Wilson's Leverage is pretty high, which does make his job harder than someone who has like a 1.20. He's also ran into bad luck with a .348 BABIP, but his FIP ERA is still pretty bad. Is he having as bad a year as his 4.81 ERA says? No, both because of the leverage and BABIP, but it's still not an all-star caliber season.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Leverage measures exactly what you're talking about. How crucial a certain situation is. Yes, Wilson's Leverage is pretty high, which does make his job harder than someone who has like a 1.20. He's also ran into bad luck with a .348 BABIP, but his FIP ERA is still pretty bad. Is he having as bad a year as his 4.81 ERA says? No, both because of the leverage and BABIP, but it's still not an all-star caliber season.

Obviously he is having an All Star caliber season because people who actually get paid to decide who's good or not put him on the All Star team.

Clint Hurdels baseball knowledge>>>>>>>>Anyone on PSD's baseball knowledge.

Seamhead
07-24-2008, 03:03 AM
Obviously he is having an All Star caliber season because people who actually get paid to decide who's good or not put him on the All Star team.

Clint Hurdels baseball knowledge>>>>>>>>Anyone on PSD's baseball knowledge.

Clint Hurdle does not get paid to decide who is good or not. He is paid to manage a baseball team.

The bottom part is probably right. Having baseball knowledge can include things like knowing why Joe Carter retired when he did. So, yes, he does have a lot of baseball knowledge considering he's been around baseball for a long time. Honestly, managing a baseball team isn't even that hard. As proven by Dusty Baker. You don't have to be really knowledgeable about how the game works (as proven by Dusty Baker, who still doesn't understand how runs are scored), you just have to be old and have been around baseball.

Does that mean he's objective when it comes to baseball? Obviously not, considering he chose Wilson to be an AS.

Seamhead
07-24-2008, 03:10 AM
pwnd

BTW Seamhead, your stats are sick.
Baseball ref?

No. Fangraphs (FIP ERA) and park adjusted wOBA, I have a spreadsheet I made myself to figure that out.

natepro
07-24-2008, 03:13 AM
Well that's just not right. :laugh2:

Let me extend a personal invitation to you to post in the Angels and Cardinals forum anytime you feel like it. Please.:worthy:

Seamhead
07-24-2008, 03:17 AM
Well that's just not right. :laugh2:

Let me extend a personal invitation to you to post in the Angels and Cardinals forum anytime you feel like it. Please.:worthy:

I can share the spreadsheet if you'd like. All you have to do is go to firstinning.com, find the player's regular wOBA and input it into the spreadsheet. Then you go to the ESPN park factors (the runs park factors) for that year and input that number.

natepro
07-24-2008, 03:21 AM
I can share the spreadsheet if you'd like. All you have to do is go to firstinning.com, find the player's regular wOBA and input it into the spreadsheet. Then you go to the ESPN park factors (the runs park factors) for that year and input that number.

That'd be excellent of you!

I have to be honest, though, I'm still learning a lot of this stuff. Things like OPS+ and ERA+ are still a little new to me, since I'm doing most of this learnin' on my own, and while I know about park factors, I have no clue what wOBA is.

Seamhead
07-24-2008, 03:25 AM
That'd be excellent of you!

I have to be honest, though, I'm still learning a lot of this stuff. Things like OPS+ and ERA+ are still a little new to me, since I'm doing most of this learnin' on my own, and while I know about park factors, I have no clue what wOBA is.

http://www.insidethebook.com/woba.shtml

It's like EqA (if you know what that is), except it's much simpler and models reality better than EqA. Better than OPS+, OPS, RC, etc. (in my opinion) The "only" negative it had was that it wasn't park adjusted, so I decided to fix that.

You should read "The Book" and "Baseball Between The Numbers". The Hardball Times is a very good site, and this (http://www.insidethebook.com/ee/) is a very good site, too, though it's more advanced. There is a lot more blogs that are very good, if you want me to PM them to you.

natepro
07-24-2008, 03:33 AM
http://www.insidethebook.com/woba.shtml

It's like EqA (if you know what that is), except it's much simpler and models reality better than EqA. Better than OPS+, OPS, RC, etc. (in my opinion) The "only" negative it had was that it wasn't park adjusted, so I decided to fix that.

You should read "The Book" and "Baseball Between The Numbers". The Hardball Times is a very good site, and this (http://www.insidethebook.com/ee/) is a very good site, too, though it's more advanced. There is a lot more blogs that are very good, if you want me to PM them to you.

I've read Baseball Between the Numbers (which I've actually recommended to a lot of people) and a fair amount of Baseball Prospectus' free stuff (and read through some of their 2008 book), which is pretty solid for getting a good base knowledge of the "new" stats. As far as blogs go, the only one I actually read is www.firejoemorgan.com mostly because, outside of agreeing with them most of the time, they're absolutely hilarious which is always a plus. I'll definitely check out The Book as soon as I can, and check out the site that you linked. Thanks!

Seamhead
07-24-2008, 03:35 AM
I've read Baseball Between the Numbers (which I've actually recommended to a lot of people) and a fair amount of Baseball Prospectus' free stuff (and read through some of their 2008 book), which is pretty solid for getting a good base knowledge of the "new" stats. As far as blogs go, the only one I actually read is www.firejoemorgan.com mostly because, outside of agreeing with them most of the time, they're absolutely hilarious which is always a plus. I'll definitely check out The Book as soon as I can, and check out the site that you linked. Thanks!

Yeah, FJM is mainly what got me into sabermetrics a couple of years ago. Baseball Prospectus is an alright site, but they're way too much like mainstream baseball sites (ESPN, SI, etc.). Once you begin to understand more advanced things, you'll start seing why BPro isn't so great. Plus, you have to pay for everything on that site. Here's spreadsheet:

awoba.xls - 0.02MB (http://www.zshare.net/download/1586548065e89a3a/)

natepro
07-24-2008, 04:02 AM
Yeah, FJM is mainly what got me into sabermetrics a couple of years ago. Baseball Prospectus is an alright site, but they're way too much like mainstream baseball sites (ESPN, SI, etc.). Once you begin to understand more advanced things, you'll start seing why BPro isn't so great. Plus, you have to pay for everything on that site. Here's spreadsheet:

awoba.xls - 0.02MB (http://www.zshare.net/download/1586548065e89a3a/)

Yeah, I'm definitely not into paying for stuff on their site. For actually looking up stats I go with Baseball-Reference.com because I can search for players from my Firefox search bar, and things like OPS+ and ERA+ are so much easier to get across to people that don't know what they are than a lot of other stats.

Thanks for the download, too!

ShinobiNYC
07-24-2008, 04:20 AM

NL CENTRAL

Catcher- Brian McCann, Ramon Castro
1st Base- Mark Teixeira, Ryan Howard
2nd Base- Chase Utley, Dan Uggla
3rd Base- Chipper Jones,, David Wright
SS- Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes
RF- Ryan Church, Jayson Werth
CF- Carlos Beltran, Shane Victorino
LF- Pat Burrell, Jeremy Hermida

Rotation: Johan Santana, Cole Hamels, Tim Hudson, John Maine, Ricky Nolasco

Bullpen: Brad Lidge, Billy Wagner, Mark Gonzalez, JC Romero.

Your team may have the edge in the rotation but definitely not in the lineup.

ShinobiNYC
07-24-2008, 04:21 AM
AL East smokes face in this, right now. Right. Now.

1B: Pena
2B: Pedroia
3B: Longoria
ss: Arod
RF: Drew
CF: Upton
LF: Manny
DH: Ortiz

Halladay, Dice-K, Kazmir, Beckett, Marcum

Rivera, Papelbon, Ryan

!!!

WTF will you have Pena over Youkilis or Giambi?!?!?

JDIsMyGod23
07-24-2008, 04:24 AM
I feel like I just walked in on the MIT Blackjack club meeting.

ShinobiNYC
07-24-2008, 04:25 AM
AL East:

C- Navarro
1B- Youkilis
2B- Peroia
SS- Jeter
3B- A-Rod
RF- Drew
CF- Rios
LF- Damon
DH- Manny

Rotation: Halladay, Kazmir, Mussina, Matsuzaka, Joba

Bullpen: Mo, Papelbon, Ryan, Ramirez, Sherrill.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Clint Hurdle does not get paid to decide who is good or not. He is paid to manage a baseball team.

The bottom part is probably right. Having baseball knowledge can include things like knowing why Joe Carter retired when he did. So, yes, he does have a lot of baseball knowledge considering he's been around baseball for a long time. Honestly, managing a baseball team isn't even that hard. As proven by Dusty Baker. You don't have to be really knowledgeable about how the game works (as proven by Dusty Baker, who still doesn't understand how runs are scored), you just have to be old and have been around baseball.

Does that mean he's objective when it comes to baseball? Obviously not, considering he chose Wilson to be an AS.

What ever. If you think you know better than a Major League manager go ahead call the Rockies, and tell them you want a job. If it were so easy I don't think they would get the money they get. I'm sticking with Brian Wilson "The All Star" and Clint Hurdels decision to put him there, a.k.a. some one who knows the game far better than you, over you and saves being a bad stat.

ugafan
07-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Catcher- Brian McCann, Ramon Castro
1st Base- Mark Teixeira, Ryan Howard
2nd Base- Chase Utley, Dan Uggla
3rd Base- Chipper Jones,, David Wright
SS- Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes
RF- Ryan Church, Jayson Werth
CF- Carlos Beltran, Shane Victorino
LF- Pat Burrell, Jeremy Hermida

Rotation: Johan Santana, Cole Hamels, Tim Hudson, John Maine, Ricky Nolasco

Bullpen: Brad Lidge, Billy Wagner, Mark Gonzalez, JC Romero.

Your team may have the edge in the rotation but definitely not in the lineup.

1. Hanley
2. Utley
3. Chipper
4. Burrell
5. McCann
6. Teixeira
7. Beltran
8. Church

Upgrade in left and catcher over the ASG line-up, downgrade in RF, 1B, CF, and RF

Brew Crew
07-24-2008, 12:57 PM

NL CENTRAL

No....You'd be leaving out some good guys.

Derek Lee over Fielder?..Especially right now? Even if...Pujols is better then both. I'd rather not see Edmonds or Cameron starting in Centerfield. Soriano has been on the DL half the season and you have him in there over Braun...I'll take CC over anybody in the NL Central accept Volquez (Not including his last start). I'll definetely take Torres over Marmol in a set up role and I'm not even sure Wood has been that much better then Torres. I'd rather see Cordero from Cincy there.

My lineup could be...

1. Nate Mclouth or Corey Hart CF
2. Alfonso Soriano 2B (I mean, he's played there before...right?)
3. Ryan Braun RF (Let Dunn play in LF)
4. Albert Pujols 1B
5. Aramis Ramirez 3B
6. Adam Dunn LF
7. JJ Hardy SS (Should be in 2-spot..Only place he is good)
8. Geovany Soto C
9. Switch off between Zambrano and Sabathia for hitting (Best two swinning pitchers in league)

Bench - Shumacker, Ludwick, Nady..Idk who else.

Rotation
1. CC Sabathia
2. Carlos Zambrano
3. Rich Harden
4. Ben Sheets
5. Edison Volquez

'Pen
Fransisco Cordero, Wood, Torres

phillyphan1time
07-24-2008, 01:17 PM
since pitching wins in baseball ya gotta take the NL central volquez, sheets, c.c, harden, and zambrano is ill. but the east has the better bullpen and line up

ugafan
07-24-2008, 01:18 PM

Derek Lee over Fielder?..Especially right now? Even if...Pujols is better then both. I'd rather not see Edmonds or Cameron starting in Centerfield. Soriano has been on the DL half the season and you have him in there over Braun...I'll take CC over anybody in the NL Central accept Volquez (Not including his last start). I'll definetely take Torres over Marmol in a set up role and I'm not even sure Wood has been that much better then Torres. I'd rather see Cordero from Cincy there.

My lineup could be...

4. Albert Pujols 1B
5. Aramis Ramirez 3B
6. Adam Dunn LF
8. Geovany Soto C
9. Switch off between Zambrano and Sabathia for hitting (Best two swinning pitchers in league)

Rotation
1. CC Sabathia
2. Carlos Zambrano
3. Rich Harden
4. Ben Sheets
5. Edison Volquez

'Pen

No Berkman?
Credibility(if you had any) down the drain. Not even on the bench?

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-24-2008, 01:21 PM

My lineup could be...

4. Albert Pujols 1B
5. Aramis Ramirez 3B
6. Adam Dunn LF
8. Geovany Soto C

Rotation
1. CC Sabathia
2. Carlos Zambrano
3. Rich Harden
4. Ben Sheets
5. Edison Volquez

'Pen

Berkman would at least need to be on the bench. You dont want sori anywhere near 2b. Brandon Phillips anyone?

rriders9
07-24-2008, 01:21 PM
anybody notice in the NL West that half the lineup is rockies?

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-24-2008, 01:26 PM
anybody notice in the NL West that half the lineup is rockies?

but none of the rotation :laugh:

BigEric
07-24-2008, 02:07 PM
The Central's rotation takes the cake here.

Brew Crew
07-24-2008, 03:09 PM
No Berkman?
Credibility(if you had any) down the drain. Not even on the bench?

I forgot about the Astros. I knew there was a team I forgot about...

Well Berkman, Carlos Lee are definetely in there somewhere.

Not to mention ever since Phillups picked it up he is definetely up there.

Driven
07-24-2008, 03:18 PM
The AL East would have the best team hands down. I don't think anyone could make a legitimate argument otherwise.

Driven
07-24-2008, 03:20 PM
lol Brian Wilson. Good joke.

LARock21
07-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Real NL West Lineup

C - Russ Martin, Bengie Molina
1B - Adrian Gonzalez, James Loney
2B - Orlando Hudson, ??
SS - Rafael Furcal, Troy Tulowitzki
3B - Garret Atkins, Mark Reynolds
LF - Holliday, Ethier
CF - Rowand, Young
RF - Kemp, Upton

Rotation: Webb, Peavy, Lincecum, Haren, Billingsley

There's some weak spots, but a much better lineup then the original post.

CY24
07-24-2008, 04:18 PM
The real west line up:

C: Fat Russ, Benjie Molina
1b: Adrian Gonzales, Loney, Conor Jackson
2b: Hudson, Kent
ss: Furcal, drew, tulowitzki
3b: Atkins, Reynolds
lf: Holliday, Ethier
cf: rowand, young
rf: Kemp, Upton, Giles

sp: Webb, Lincecum, Haren, Peavy, Cain/Billingsley

rp: Saito, Fuentes,Bell, Rauch, Broxton, Lyon, Buchholz

CY24
07-24-2008, 04:22 PM
The west and the central are close for rotations. Central may have a better edge becuse their 5th starter is better.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-25-2008, 01:06 PM
The real west line up:

C: Fat Russ, Benjie Molina
1b: Adrian Gonzales, Loney, Conor Jackson
2b: Hudson, Kent
ss: Furcal, drew, tulowitzki
3b: Atkins, Reynolds
lf: Holliday, Ethier
cf: rowand, young
rf: Kemp, Upton, Giles

sp: Webb, Lincecum, Haren, Peavy, Cain/Billingsley

rp: Saito, Fuentes,Bell, Rauch, Broxton, Lyon, Buchholz

:jumpy:

Hes been on fire lately.

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-25-2008, 01:12 PM
:jumpy:

Hes been on fire lately.

Jesus ****ing christ. The man pitches one good game and the giants forum is doing back flips lets take a look.
July 18th 6 IP 7 hits 3 earned runns 5 walks......awesome
July 11th 7 IP 3 hits 3 walks good outing.....they still lost....
July 6th 6IP 8 hits 5 earned runs 3 walks....great again

HOMER

CY24
07-25-2008, 01:36 PM
I put Cain in there because there wasn't an obvious option for the 5th guy in the rotation. I put Cain over Bills because Cain has better stuff, and the twos numbers aren't to different (with Bills being slightly better)

CAIN=FUTURE
07-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Jesus ****ing christ. The man pitches one good game and the giants forum is doing back flips lets take a look.
July 18th 6 IP 7 hits 3 earned runns 5 walks......awesome
July 11th 7 IP 3 hits 3 walks good outing.....they still lost....
July 6th 6IP 8 hits 5 earned runs 3 walks....great again

HOMER

His ERA this month is 2.00. I was justified to say hes been on fire. His start on the 18th, against the Brewers, was still very good. If it weren't for terrible defense, and terrible calls by the umpires behind him he probably would have given up one run, and pitched longer.

I like how you try to make even his starts were he pitched EXCELENT seem mediocre. "One good game"? I wouldn't call a complete game shut out good, its a little better than good. And 7 IP of shutout baseball against the best offense in the NL, is better than a "good outing." He had no-hit stuff going against the Cubs that day.

His start against the dodgers on the 6th wasn't great but again, if the Giants played better defense behind him, and the bullpen didn't suck behind him he would have had a better game.

You seem to forget his first start in July against the Cubs. 8 IP of shut out baseball, K'ed 10, all against the best offense in baseball. I love how you try and twist things to make them seem not so special.

So lets review. In the month of July Cain has had three starts were he has not allowed a run, he has 33 k's to 14 bb's, 36 IP, he given up NO home runs, and he has a complete game shut out.

nascar10294
07-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Central.

There shouldn't even be a thread for it.