PDA

View Full Version : Grossman wins coin toss today

Soop
07-23-2008, 03:01 PM
There was a coin toss at a Wednesday morning quarterback meeting. Kyle Orton called it, but Grossman won it and will run with the first-team offense Wednesday.

stlfan544
07-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Good hopefully Rex can get out there and impress throught Training Camp and preseason as well.

WJRDJ127
07-23-2008, 03:29 PM
So this is how we chose our QB, We Flip a Coin. Pathetic!

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-23-2008, 03:36 PM

Lol welcome to PSD. Honestly theres not much other way to do it. Neither is going to get 100% of the snaps with the first squad they will switch off.

Badluck33
07-23-2008, 03:45 PM

welcome to PSD you piece of $ }{ i +

i dont know how much more welcome i could have gotten.

HOWE do i do it
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM

It's not as if it was for a seasons decision.

Soop
07-23-2008, 04:11 PM

Somebody has to go first. They will alternate on a daily basis as they did during offseason workouts.

4cubs
07-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Double-headed coin.

Max Power
07-23-2008, 05:47 PM
The always innovative Chicago Bears offensive brain trust.

What a ****ing joke this coaching staff is.

Tankjeep
07-23-2008, 06:04 PM
What can it hurt? It's a friggin coin toss. Now if it came down to who would start the first game of preseason and this was their selection process, then yeah....then I'd one of the first to start the "effin moron coaching staff" chant

Soop
07-23-2008, 06:05 PM
The always innovative Chicago Bears offensive brain trust.

What a ****ing joke this coaching staff is.

It's a fair competition isn't it? So, flipping a coin really isn't that bad and it shows no one is favored.

Max Power
07-23-2008, 06:43 PM
The head coach should be man enough to stand up and make a decision, instead of worrying about hurting someone's feelings or what the media's take on it will be.
Hasn't Lovie coddled Rex enough?

blams
07-24-2008, 02:47 PM
The head coach should be man enough to stand up and make a decision, instead of worrying about hurting someone's feelings or what the media's take on it will be.
Hasn't Lovie coddled Rex enough?

too bad rex is much much much better than orton. i would be more worried about them coddling orton, who is terrible and has never shown flashes of ANYTHING.

IvyWentCrazy
07-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Didn't believe me when I said the Bears are favoring Orton... Here's Clayton's opinion after being at Bears Camp just a few days. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3502967

To me this is a deflating situation. You'd wish if Orton was the favorite they would keep it a little closer to the vest.

Tankjeep
07-25-2008, 05:42 PM
too bad rex is much much much better than orton. i would be more worried about them coddling orton, who is terrible and has never shown flashes of ANYTHING.

when has he been given a true chance to do so....?

if you say his rookie season....then that is absurd.

Stackshot
07-25-2008, 06:37 PM
The really weird part is in the 50/50 chance Orton does become the starter, and doesn't really improve and plays like he has been, we'll be hearing "Rex" chants about 3 weeks into the season...

Ah, the cyclical world that we, as Bear Fans, live in...equally depressing and pathetic.

Tankjeep
07-25-2008, 06:41 PM
The really weird part is in the 50/50 chance Orton does become the starter, and doesn't really improve and plays like he has been, we'll be hearing "Rex" chants about 3 weeks into the season...

Ah, the cyclical world that we, as Bear Fans, live in...equally depressing and pathetic.

true, but now that he's been given a fair chance, orton won't revert to his old ways as much as rex has done and probably will continue to do so. but good point, it is quite depressing but that's what makes fandom so great.

cambovenzi
07-26-2008, 12:58 PM
when has he been given a true chance to do so....?

if you say his rookie season....then that is absurd.

he does not deserve another chance.
he is a scrub.