PDA

View Full Version : Edmonds injury news - UPDATE: Edmonds to undergo MRI

evd81
07-23-2008, 02:50 PM
For anyone who hasn't heard this already, it looks like Jim Edmonds is going miss today's game because of his sore knee:

(http://www.hardballreport.com/content/view/1408/66/)

But it's not going to be an ongoing injury, just a couple days of rest which isn't that big of a deal because they face Doug Davis tonight (LH) and Soriano's coming back. In the words of Stu Scott: Boo-yeah

--

UPDATE

Jim Edmonds is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam after leaving Tuesday's game with pain in his surgically repaired knee.

Edmonds sat out Wednesday's game, although the Cubs were facing a left-hander. Reed Johnson would stand to benefit most if Edmonds is sidelined.

Matchstckman
07-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Good, I want to see more of Reed Joshsen's awesome Fu Manchu anyway.

NORTH10
07-23-2008, 03:10 PM
edmonds is always going to have these nagging injuries

CubsGirl
07-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Just an update, Edmonds will be undergoing an MRI

Jim Edmonds is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam after leaving Tuesday's game with pain in his surgically repaired knee.

Edmonds sat out Wednesday's game, although the Cubs were facing a left-hander. Reed Johnson would stand to benefit most if Edmonds is sidelined.

BigBruceRogers
07-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Just an update, Edmonds will be undergoing an MRI

I think its not a big deal. Old men like him break easily and should get more rests. It can't be any worse than Wood's blister at any rate...

windycityD
07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
CF and this team is a big deal, still.
RF production may be to a degree as well.

No, meet brainer: trade for Bradley. The guy can play either corner, switch hits, and hits for good numbers from both sides w/ power and OBP.

Our offense needs a boost imho to offset any substantial, collective drop offs from any number of players. We also need to match the Brewer's offense now that they have upped the ante with their pitching.

jiggin
07-24-2008, 02:10 PM
CF and this team is a big deal, still.
RF production may be to a degree as well.

No, meet brainer: trade for Bradley. The guy can play either corner, switch hits, and hits for good numbers from both sides w/ power and OBP.

Our offense needs a boost imho to offset any substantial, collective drop offs from any number of players. We also need to match the Brewer's offense now that they have upped the ante with their pitching.

yeah, no brainer, except he is a clubhouse cancer, isn't under contract for next year (rental) and the rangers may not want to trade him. Other than that...no brainer.

ugotabkdin
07-24-2008, 02:21 PM
I think its not a big deal. Old men like him break easily and should get more rests. It can't be any worse than Wood's blister at any rate...

Edmonds has a blister on his knee? Dang.... explain that one to the wife...

Canada's Finest
07-24-2008, 03:07 PM
yeah, no brainer, except he is a clubhouse cancer, isn't under contract for next year (rental) and the rangers may not want to trade him. Other than that...no brainer.

Plus the fact that he's old and DH's because he can't play defense at all anymore. I know he's only 30 but he has the knees of a 58 year old hooker.

redbird89
07-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Edmonds is 38. He will probably have little injuries like this.

BDawk4Prez
07-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Hell, what 38 year old doesn't? Give the guy a break, he has been fairly productive and was quite a surprise.

IvyWentCrazy
07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Good, I want to see more of Reed Joshsen's awesome Fu Manchu anyway.

Too Bad cuz he shaved it off. Pretty sure that's why he hit the GS... I miss it too.

mwoodri
07-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Gracie said on the AZ broadcast of the game last night that the Cubs are 34-18 or 38-14 (can't remember) with Johnson in the starting lineup...is that right?

kozelkid
07-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Gracie said on the AZ broadcast of the game last night that the Cubs are 34-18 or 38-14 (can't remember) with Johnson in the starting lineup...is that right?

no, soriano and it's 34-18 I believe.

mwoodri
07-24-2008, 06:54 PM
no, soriano and it's 34-18 I believe.

I am almost positive it was Reed because Gracie was saying he is an old school player who brings intangibles to the table that don't always show up on the stat sheet. Also, Reed has started 53 games in the field (while appearing in 59) which would make sense with the Cubs winning last night that record would be 35-18. Soriano has only started 50 games in the field.

dyceman
07-24-2008, 07:09 PM

Now that you brought up Gracie, is it just me, or does anyone else cringe when listening to him. Good comments, just hard to listen to.

CubsFanBudMan74
07-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Center fielder Jim Edmonds had an MRI on his sore left knee and met with a doctor before Thursday's game and expects to be able to play Friday

linkage (http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080724&content_id=3190297&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc) under tidbits