PDA

View Full Version : If Players Start Running to Europe...

rrude
07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Isn't all too obvious the NBA overexpanded? I have thought for a while that there are at least two teams too many. There's just not enough talent to fill out the roster spots and the whole Eastern Conference minus one or two teams is pretty spotty.

It's one of the reasons the NBA game is dominated by 2's and 3's, and the game is changing to accomodate it (faster styles, smaller lineups) because there aren't enough skilled big men to fill out 32 rosters.

Just riffing...anyone got an opinion?

oldenpolynice
07-23-2008, 02:09 PM
That's a good point. Let's eliminate the Oklahoma City _____'s and spread the talent throughout the rest of the teams. Dibs on Kevin Durant!

Raptors27
07-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Isn't all too obvious the NBA overexpanded? I have thought for a while that there are at least two teams too many. There's just not enough talent to fill out the roster spots and the whole Eastern Conference minus one or two teams is pretty spotty.

It's one of the reasons the NBA game is dominated by 2's and 3's, and the game is changing to accomodate it (faster styles, smaller lineups) because there aren't enough skilled big men to fill out 32 rosters.

Theres only 30 teams.

18colts29
07-23-2008, 03:02 PM

Theres 30 NBA teams, and 32 NFL teams. And if you take away 2 teams, that still wont get everyone a good big man, maybe 2 or 3 teams, depending on the 2 teams you take away.

97'bulls
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
I agree two teams need to go... the only teams that should be untouchable are
Celtics
Hawks
Bulls
Lakers
Knicks
Rockets
Blazers
Jazz
Sixers
Bucks
Pistons
Pacers
Spurs

That's about it... I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but all those teams MUST STAY UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES

97'bulls
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
That's a good point. Let's eliminate the Oklahoma City _____'s and spread the talent throughout the rest of the teams. Dibs on Kevin Durant!

their name is gonna be thunder

Hellcrooner
07-23-2008, 04:02 PM
mmm in europe there have been divisions, relegations and promotions always, and it works out, because it draws interest not only about who wins the title but in the fight for avoiding relegation to second division.

So , why not elimiante stupid NDBL and make a massive extension from 30 to 48 teams for example but divide the league in first division and second division with 24 teams in each one.

So you are succking? instead of tank to get a good pick, better fight or youll fall into the second division.

It would also reasing the talent, make first division teams roster strogner and allow players that now are dying with no PT in the teams, start for second division rosters, realize their potential polish it and arrive sooner or later in teh first league ready to be stars.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
if they did the draft should look like this 4 rounds.

in teh first round the first 4 picks are for the 4 teams that have promoted to first division, then 1st division teams choose

in the second round the first 4 to those relegated. then second division choose.

third round second division choose,

4th round 1st division choose.

Crunchy12489
07-23-2008, 04:45 PM
There are so many great players in this league, why would you want to cut down teams?

No one will get their shine.

Not everyone can be like LeBron, Kobe, AI, T-Mac, etc....

I mean, if someone wants to leave the league, let them do it... If someone wants to choose another league over the NBA, let them do it... They will choose somewhere that they can show off and make themselves a name to receive more money...

Hell if anything, they need to add more teams to the NBA... So many gifted college players, young guns, vets, and coaches... Do you really think this world (with so many countless people) can only be summed up into 30 teams? I think not! Not to mention, most in the NBA are American. Americans aren't the only people who can play ball very well.

SAVAGE CLAW
07-23-2008, 10:29 PM
I strongly agree with the Idea of expanding the league and making two divisions, like it happens in european leagues.

Any way the draft shoudl be a little different and the second division teams have the first round.

mjt20mik
07-23-2008, 10:37 PM
I agree two teams need to go... the only teams that should be untouchable are
Celtics
Hawks
Bulls
Lakers
Knicks
Rockets
Blazers
Jazz
Sixers
Bucks
Pistons
Pacers
Spurs

That's about it... I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but all those teams MUST STAY UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES

Add the Raptors to that list.

cubfan23
07-23-2008, 10:41 PM
add the hornets to.

Breatnach
07-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Why exactly those teams? Are they former champions or what is the pattern?

97'bulls
07-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Add the Raptors to that list.

no, they havent been around long enough... they would ideally stay since it's a big market but not one of the biggest priorities.

97'bulls
07-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Why exactly those teams? Are they former champions or what is the pattern?

no it's just teams with big markets that have been in the NBA for the longest. add clippers to that if i didn't have em in

king4day
07-24-2008, 12:51 PM
mmm in europe there have been divisions, relegations and promotions always, and it works out, because it draws interest not only about who wins the title but in the fight for avoiding relegation to second division.

So , why not elimiante stupid NDBL and make a massive extension from 30 to 48 teams for example but divide the league in first division and second division with 24 teams in each one.

So you are succking? instead of tank to get a good pick, better fight or youll fall into the second division.

It would also reasing the talent, make first division teams roster strogner and allow players that now are dying with no PT in the teams, start for second division rosters, realize their potential polish it and arrive sooner or later in teh first league ready to be stars.

I kinda dig the idea.
Only problem is, a lot of those NBDL cities can't handle an NBA team. I think one is in South Dakoda. Question would be, could they support a major franchise, AND, would anyone even wanna play their when they are FA's.

Reezy
07-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Theres only 30 teams.

You just solved the problem! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

king4day
07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
no, they havent been around long enough... they would ideally stay since it's a big market but not one of the biggest priorities.

I think the Raps absolutely should stay. Good fan base and they are in a big city. Their management wants to compete. What difference does length of existence make.
Throw the Suns in there too. They been around for 40 years. Almost every decade they've had championship contending teams. The fans stick with them.
If we're not, then pull the Pacers.

And add the Nets for that matter. They've been there as long as the Pacers have, and are going to be in NY soon.

rrude
07-24-2008, 01:22 PM
my bad on the 30 vs. 32.

I love that folks are going the other way and saying expand.

i think it's a matter of taste. I'd rather see fewer teams with better talent 1 through 9 (rotation players), than more teams, some with only one or no (Knicks?) first-tier NBA players.

Also the glut of 2's and 3's is ruining the game. Everybody's a gunner or a slasher. There are too few point guards, rebounders, shot blockers, and defenders. A lot of the "talent" people say is out there is just a bunch of guys who can get to the basket some, shoot some, but not the sort of guys who can excel in the NBA which requires more than just being able to score some hoops. You get a lot of pseudo-stars, and very few contenders.

jgonboricua
07-24-2008, 01:35 PM
i dont think the clipps should be added, la already has a team, versus a city that would have to lose a team

rrude
07-24-2008, 01:39 PM
No offense to Memphis the city, but that franchise tops my list of teams that we don't need. (send Mayo to NYC!!) I really only consider the most recent expansion teams, although disbanding OKC as a punitive measure should be an option.