PDA

View Full Version : What if the USA started all college players...?

DirtyThirty
07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
What if Team USA started 5 college players in the Olympics? Would they do better? Would the college players play harder? And if they win thew gold, how great of a story would that be? A bunch of 19 and 20 year olds competing on a world stage?

Derrick Rose- PG
O.J Mayo- SG
Kevin Love- SF/PF (he is undersized for his position)
Michael Beasly- PF
Brook Lopez- C

Bench
- Eric Gordon
- Jared Bayless
- Joe Alexander
- Robin Lopez
- Brandon Rush

These guys would play better than the 5 superstars that we would put on the court in 08.

SwaggaIke
07-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Not a chance. If we sent all college players, Spain or Argentina would probably win it all. I don't have a crystal ball, but I believe Team USA is going to give us some great basketball this summer. This could be the real Dream Team 2.

ink
07-23-2008, 03:16 PM
That's exactly what the USA did until 1992 ... send only college players. That's why the first NBA team in 92 was called the Dream Team.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 03:16 PM
um cmon guy...why do you think we lost in 04? cuz lebron, melo, and everyone werent ready

SwaggaIke
07-23-2008, 03:25 PM
That's exactly what the USA did until 1992 ... send only college players. That's why the first NBA team in 92 was called the Dream Team.

Exactly. But that time is definitely over w/. I don't think the collegiate athletes are mature enough to know what they would be playing for these days. A lot of the pro's aren't even mature enough.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2008, 04:06 PM
They would stand no chance for the gold.

SHONIE
07-23-2008, 04:20 PM
We would lose. Thats what would happen.

bostncelts34
07-23-2008, 05:26 PM
theres NO way that team would have a better chance of getting the gold than this team..

Paul
kobe
lebron
boozer/prince/whoever
Howard

arlubas
07-23-2008, 05:36 PM
What if Team USA started 5 college players in the Olympics? Would they do better? Would the college players play harder? And if they win thew gold, how great of a story would that be? A bunch of 19 and 20 year olds competing on a world stage?

Derrick Rose- PG
O.J Mayo- SG
Kevin Love- SF/PF (he is undersized for his position)
Michael Beasly- PF
Brook Lopez- C

Bench
- Eric Gordon
- Jared Bayless
- Joe Alexander
- Robin Lopez
- Brandon Rush

These guys would play better than the 5 superstars that we would put on the court in 08.
I like your thinking and I also believe these kids would play harder than the current polished superstars. However they would not play better than the players they currently have. The value they would gain from teamwork would not be enough to make up for the big drop off in talent.

As for the bolded part how can you say that Love is undersized at 6'9" for a PF yet Beasley isn't when he is in fact shorter by 1"?

_Sn1P3r_
07-23-2008, 07:08 PM
They would stand no chance for the gold.

I agree.