PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Evans vs. Mickael Pietrus

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Magic fans,
We just signed Maurice Evans. How did he play for you guys last year? How's his defene, shooting and dribbling?

Pietrus just seems like a slightly bigger version of Evans but a better rebounder. Pietrus can't take it up court, but he can and loves shooting the corner 3. He was always a guy who wanted a bigger role on the Dubs, but was always behind someone like J-Rich, Jackson, Monta, etc.

Well anyput on Evans would be great, if you have question about Pietrus just let me know.

*Superman*
07-23-2008, 02:28 PM
It said you might add him, but he put it on hold cause he wants more money, is it official now or what?

Evans is a good defender and a good 3 point shooter. He brings high energy of the bench, but can also be a good starter. I only liked him from the Ariza trade we made and now he is leaving too. GS fans will like him, he also takes it to the hole on some occasions for the slam, so thats always entertaining.

Not to sure about his dribbling skills cause he is not a PG, but a SG. I don't think he will be running the floor for you guys, but then again IDK his dribbling skills.

All in all you are getting a hell of a player and i will miss him greatly. Good luck to him and an underrated pick up for you guys.

I had a Q about Pietrus, in GS, did he drive it in more or take the three and how good do you think his inside game is?

Anon
07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Evans is an average starter but great off the bench IMO. He will knock down the 3 and get to the hole. I thought his defense was a little bit overrated but all in all a terrific energy guy who can score points of the bench.

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks Superman for the info,
MP is a bigger version of Mo Evans. We had him guarding PF's so you know the guy is tough.

MP has more versatility and can guard 2/3's. He sounds very similar to Evans, except MP will throw down highlight blocks as well. It will be scary to see what he can do with a shotblocker behind him in Dwight Howard.

*Superman*
07-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks Superman for the info,
MP is a bigger version of Mo Evans. We had him guarding PF's so you know the guy is tough.

MP has more versatility and can guard 2/3's. He sounds very similar to Evans, except MP will throw down highlight blocks as well. It will be scary to see what he can do with a shotblocker behind him in Dwight Howard.

Yup, anytime.

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 03:40 PM
It's not official yet, he backed out of the deal. He may have gotten some other deals from other teams, or worse an offer from overseas!!!

The plunging dollar is making Europe look better and better. I'm scared the NBA is no longer going to be the premeir league in the world.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2008/07/23/warriors-talking-to-mo-evans/#comment-3432

*Superman*
07-23-2008, 04:05 PM
He saw what Dooling got and wants that much, also the Warriors are the first team to offer him anything, so he will look at the market still. No need to worry, im sure in the end he will end up with the Warriors

EDIT: Or not.

*Superman*
07-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Guess you guys aren't getting him after all. I wish we could switch Bogans and JJ for Evans.

Reezy
07-25-2008, 02:05 AM
Evans was ok, but he's not a starter IMO.

Chris36Chambers
07-25-2008, 01:16 PM
I just read a report that the warriors matched Azubuike and now has no interest in Evans anymore

Reezy
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Where is Evans going to now?

*Superman*
07-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Apparently the Hawks.

Reezy
07-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Did he officially sign?

*Superman*
07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
3 years, I believe 7.5 mill.

Reezy
07-28-2008, 01:18 AM
3 years, I believe 7.5 mill.

Well, good for him. As for whether Pietrus can be better, I'll leave that for next season.