PDA

View Full Version : What players are overrated to you?

Pages : [1] 2

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:16 PM
For me it would be

Dwight Howard
Chris Bosh
Allen Iverson - somewhat mainly his career in philly has been overrated i think it's eased up since

travesy3
07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, Shane Battier, Rafer Alston.

Basically the Rockets team :P

Chris Bosh isn't overrated <_<

KNICKSFAN
07-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, Shane Battier, Rafer Alston.

Basically the Rockets team :P

Chris Bosh isn't overrated <_<

oh crap, is his traaves rom NBA Dynasty?

and Yao is overrated.

carter15
07-23-2008, 01:20 PM
dwight howard and bosh arent overrated...stop hating

but in all seriousness i think TMAC is...look at his numbers...42 fg% and 65 ft%....u need better %'s then that from ur star player...he must be taking so many shots to put up 20+ points its hurting that team.

travesy3
07-23-2008, 01:21 PM
oh crap, is his traaves rom NBA Dynasty?

and Yao is overrated.

Yes it is, who is this?

And Kobe Bryant is overrated. LBJ>

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:21 PM
dwight howard and bosh arent overrated...stop hating

but in all seriousness i think TMAC is...look at his numbers...42 fg% and 65 ft%....u need better %'s then that from ur star player...he must be taking so many shots to put up 20+ points its hurting that team.
I'm not hating, they are overrated, they say Dwight is the best big man in the game, better than Duncan, KG and Yao would that is completely false.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 01:23 PM
bosh...sure. but dwight is a leader. he is a born rebounder whos led teh league since day one. his potential is off the charts offensively and defensively. and hes already a top tier talent
iverson took a team of scrubs to the finals by himself. if hes overrated lebron is too. wait that might not be the best thing to say. lebron is hyped to a freakin god like lvl. grown men on his genetalia like school girls. but seriously, iverson is 6 feet nuthin and does things that ppl his height generally cant even dream of. he causes wreck to anyone who guards him and was so quick and fast he could play d too...or at least steal from ne1. iverson deserved everything hes got and the only reason you say hes not hyped now is because he gets no media mention for the most part.

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:24 PM
bosh...sure. but dwight is a leader. he is a born rebounder whos led teh league since day one. his potential is off the charts offensively and defensively. and hes already a top tier talent
iverson took a team of scrubs to the finals by himself. if hes overrated lebron is too. wait that might not be the best thing to say. lebron is hyped to a freakin god like lvl. grown men on his genetalia like school girls. but seriously, iverson is 6 feet nuthin and does things that ppl his height generally cant even dream of. he causes wreck to anyone who guards him and was so quick and fast he could play d too...or at least steal from ne1. iverson deserved everything hes got and the only reason you say hes not hyped now is because he gets no media mention for the most part.
Iverson had players on his side, he had an all-star and a defensive anchor in Mutombo, He also had the Sixth Man in Aaron McKie

You were saying? and Dwight is still overrated, I don't care if he's the best rebounder, he's extremely overrated offensively.

travesy3
07-23-2008, 01:24 PM

What can Kobe legitimately do better than LBJ aside from shoot 3's and play better D?

Also Andrew Bynum is good but also very overrated especially by Laker fans, Al Jefferson is overrated as well. So is Paul Pierce.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 01:27 PM
yao and t-mac r, gilbert is but is still a top talent, basically anyone gettin money in the league is over hyped. i mean besides like cp3 everyone is underserving of the max mount of hype they get. steve nah to me is the most over hyped in history. sure he can pass, but he played on a team w nuthin but shooters and a gud post man. all his assists come from transition, pick and roll, or rarely a shot. id say at least 60% of his assists are to amare. anyone decent could run for them. plus he is an absolutely terible defender. to me easily the most over hyped player today if not ever

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:30 PM
How are Yao and T-Mac, because you don't like my choices of people who are overrated to me? Yeh, real mature dude.

ZHawk1123
07-23-2008, 01:31 PM
What can Kobe legitimately do better than LBJ aside from shoot 3's and play better D?

Also Andrew Bynum is good but also very overrated especially by Laker fans, Al Jefferson is overrated as well. So is Paul Pierce.

I'd like a good argument as to why Jefferson and Pierce are overrated...

KNICKSFAN
07-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Yes it is, who is this?

And Kobe Bryant is overrated. LBJ>

its theNYKWay, from blacktop, spotlight and other leagues.

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 01:35 PM
what makes bosh over rated when there never even talking about bosh, when was the last time i heard his name in ESPN, o maybe the day he was Draft i think, i mean come on i would have to say yeah to the Iverson part but, Howard and Bosh, your just hating because Howard would kill your yao in a 1v1 anyday. YAO is the over rated only reason he can score is because hes like 8ft tall.

SHONIE
07-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Pierce was extremely underrated throughout his career right up until this year. I think he might be a little bit overrated now after winning finals MVP but we'll have to see his level of play next season. People suddenly noticed him and he was launched into almost a superstar status which I'm not quite sure if he's there, but he's extremely good.

ugadawgsfan17
07-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Vince Carter is overrated. When was the last time he led the Nets to something?

JIDsanity

No argument necessary. Al admitted it, and has gotten better since. Pierce everyone outside of Boston knows

barreleffact
bynum is averaging a dub dub at like 20. works w kareem and is a future talent. 7 footer that is playin defense blockin 2 a game...tell me how many teams have a better center.

dwight, idc if he never scores. defense wins championships....well team d does, and hes not as terrible as ppl like to say offensively. he can push anyone around. and he can dunk over anyone. besides that i cant really too much vouch for his offensive game. but he is very deserving...you want 2 main things from a big and thats rebounding and defense, offense can be taught

iverson wow...he played w mickie...great. a sixth man...i guess teh other starters all sucked so u gotta go to the bench for help? that proves my point further. and mutumbo was gud on defense but thats about it. you still have to score.

kobe- can pass as good as lebron, score better....lebron used to just be a driver and close game player. but has some range now. defense is huge. also kobe is born clutch...lebron is developing it. and he wouldnt even have many of his game winners had refs caled him for travels. i mean he moved his pivot about 8000 times against the wizards in like game 6 a few years back. but kobe is just better all around the best in the league. lebron is good dont get me wrong, but im prolly jus a lil biased by his arrogance and ungodly hype...i mean really??? KING JAMES??? does anyone deserve that name? enough said

al jefferson is legit. undersized but stil gets u an efficient 20 n 10

pierce is old. give him sum slack. i would say hes over rated but nobody said anything about him till thjis year. i mean ray allen is over rated too if you wanna talk about this year but they were like nobody to the media for a while till recently. let em enjoy it

travesy3
07-23-2008, 01:38 PM

Pierce is an all star. He is a very very talented player. Is he a superstar? I don't think so. He was NOT the backbone of that team, he was the scorer. KG was the one who brought this team together, he is the reason they were the best defense, he was the reason they won 66 games, he was the reason they won the championship. The only reason people think Pierce is a top 5 player now, is because he got hot in the finals, and put up some good stats. He has been one of the most consistent players in the league, but he isn't a superstar. Of course without PP they don't win the title, but I don't think he was more important than KG. People think PP shut down players, which is not true at all. LBJ, they double and triple teamed him before he even got the ball, he was facing all sorts of defense, Pierce didn't shut him down at all, and LBJ was even able to find a way to win 3 games.

As for Jefferson, he hasn't had to play on a good team yet that has won games. He is putting up hollow stats, so it is unfair to consider him an elite post player, when he is shooting worse percentages than guys like Chris Bosh who get criticized for taking too many jump shots.

Again, good players, all star in PP, just not as good as people make them out to be.

JIDsanity
07-23-2008, 01:38 PM

When's the last time Kidd lead that team to something.

JIDsanity
07-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Pierce is an all star. He is a very very talented player. Is he a superstar? I don't think so. He was NOT the backbone of that team, he was the scorer. KG was the one who brought this team together, he is the reason they were the best defense, he was the reason they won 66 games, he was the reason they won the championship. The only reason people think Pierce is a top 5 player now, is because he got hot in the finals, and put up some good stats. He has been one of the most consistent players in the league, but he isn't a superstar. Of course without PP they don't win the title, but I don't think he was more important than KG. People think PP shut down players, which is not true at all. LBJ, they double and triple teamed him before he even got the ball, he was facing all sorts of defense, Pierce didn't shut him down at all, and LBJ was even able to find a way to win 3 games.

As for Jefferson, he hasn't had to play on a good team yet that has won games. He is putting up hollow stats, so it is unfair to consider him an elite post player, when he is shooting worse percentages than guys like Chris Bosh who get criticized for taking too many jump shots.

Again, good players, all star in PP, just not as good as people make them out to be.

You didn't have to answer that question.

King Koopa
Iverson had players on his side, he had an all-star and a defensive anchor in Mutombo, He also had the Sixth Man in Aaron McKie

You were saying? and Dwight is still overrated, I don't care if he's the best rebounder, he's extremely overrated offensively.

Your just being hard headed now bro i want to see yao try to stop Howard when hes under the rim. The funny thing is that Houston fans try to make it seem like it Yao and tmac are the two best players at there postion, when there not, i want to see yao block someone that is his height, all his blocks come from people who are 6"4 and below.

TmacYao2
what makes bosh over rated when there never even talking about bosh, when was the last time i heard his name in ESPN, o maybe the day he was Draft i think, i mean come on i would have to say yeah to the Iverson part but, Howard and Bosh, your just hating because Howard would kill your yao in a 1v1 anyday. YAO is the over rated only reason he can score is because hes like 8ft tall.
bullcrap just like the rest of your posts
Yao Owns Dwight Head-to-head so how does he kill him anyday? and you think being 7'6 helps him that much?
wow get your head out of your ***

So as you see
Yao Ming's Averages against Dwight Howard in his Career are:
24.3 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 1.1 APG, 2.3 BPG, 55% FG,
Dwight Howard's Averages against Yao in his career are
12.0 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 0.9 APG, 1.4 BPG, 44% FG

travesy3
07-23-2008, 01:40 PM

Who overrates Vince? I don't see people calling him a superstar. He still gets good numbers on a pretty bad team.

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Anybody outside of Florida or Orlando would realize Dwight is overrated

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 01:41 PM
t-mac cant get out of the first round and both yao and t-mac are injury proned. yao isnt rly skilled hes jus freakishly tall. and t-mac is skilled but inefficient and is jump shot happy. he can be a lot better IMO.

bosh- gets a lot of media love. this year it dies a bit because of his slump but ive heard too much about him from ppl and espn and other sports places to care about a mediocre player who shines because there no depth in his position

JIDsanity
07-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Who overrates Vince? I don't see people calling him a superstar. He still gets good numbers on a pretty bad team.

exactly.

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 01:42 PM
bullcrap just like the rest of your posts
Yao Owns Dwight Head-to-head so how does he kill him anyday? and you think being 7'6 helps him that much?
wow get your head out of your ***

So as you see

Did you pull those numbers out of your *** or something, give me the link to those stats.

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:42 PM
t-mac cant get out of the first round and both yao and t-mac are injury proned. yao isnt rly skilled hes jus freakishly tall. and t-mac is skilled but inefficient and is jump shot happy. he can be a lot better IMO.

bosh- gets a lot of media love. this year it dies a bit because of his slump but ive heard too much about him from ppl and espn and other sports places to care about a mediocre player who shines because there no depth in his position
1st round and that's your excuse? Basketball is a team game.

rhino17
07-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Easily Chris Bosh

and Shawn Marion

travesy3

I'd like to see your argument how 22 and 10 is mediocre. Lmao that's a joke. CB4 is in the same class as the guys under KG and Duncan. He has help now too.

TmacYao2
Did you pull those numbers out of your *** or something, give me the link to those stats.
here you magic homer.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=mingya01&p2=howardw01

barreleffact

i live in tn...howard isnt over rated

ZHawk1123
07-23-2008, 01:44 PM
I tend to think that T-Mac is extremely overrated...

TmacYao2
Easily Chris Bosh

and Shawn Marion
Marion isn't overrated, in fact he is somewhat underrated because people still believe he is always set up by Nash when he was on the Suns when he still had great stats without him.

King Koopa
by the way tmacyao2 your sig is overrated too, those two have never gotten out of the 1st round so how can they be the best duo in the league haha, your a joke.

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:45 PM
i live in tn...howard isnt over rated
I forgot to add moron.

SeoulBeatz
god damn some of you rockets fans are serious haters.

Dwight Howard, Bosh, and Iverson overrated?

They are all superstars and deserve to be superstars.

Dwight has averaged 18-12-2 blocks his whole career and is the most dominant/physical post presence in the NBA right now.

Bosh is underrated if anything, no one ever talks about this dude but he puts up like 20-10 every night. The guy is a machine and a great finesse post player.

And iverson has averaged 28.3 ppg his whole career.

that is the 3rd highest ppg average per career in NBA HISTORY

behind only Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan.....

are u kidding me? overrated my ***.... stupid hater

TmacYao2
by the way tmacyao2 your sig is overrated too, those two have never gotten out of the 1st round so how can they be the best duo in the league haha, your a joke.
I'm a joke? You said Dwight would kill Yao, when i just showed you stats of how badly Yao Owns Dwight, which is everytime they play
Sorry you Magic Homer

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
god damn some of you rockets fans are serious haters.

Dwight Howard, Bosh, and Iverson overrated?

They are all superstars and deserve to be superstars.

Dwight has averaged 18-12-2 blocks his whole career and is the most dominant/physical post presence in the NBA right now.

Bosh is underrated if anything, no one ever talks about this dude but he puts up like 20-10 every night. The guy is a machine and a great finesse post player.

And iverson has averaged 28.3 ppg his whole career.

that is the 3rd highest ppg average per career in NBA HISTORY

behind only Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan.....

are u kidding me? overrated my ***.... stupid hater
Your stats don't determine anything of not being overrated, Just because you got those stats doesn't cancel out being overrated, in fact using too much stats if what can make you overrated.

travesy3
T-Mac is one of the most skilled players in the NBA, regardless of wins and losses, he is still one of the most talented players in the league and can do things that almost no wing player in the league can do.

King Koopa
here you magic homer.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=mingya01&p2=howardw01

Those stats include ROOKIE YEAR, he was good but not like he is now.

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Those stats include ROOKIE YEAR, he was was good but not like he is now.
They also included this year and last year, and Yao dominated him, No points made you magic homer.

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 01:48 PM
T-Mac is one of the most skilled players in the NBA, regardless of wins and losses, he is still one of the most talented players in the league and can do things that almost no wing player in the league can do.

what shoot that crazy fadeway, that most of the time it doesnt go in.

travesy3
07-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Once D12 develops a solid set of post moves, he will be the best big man in the NBA outright. Give him 1 or 2 years and it is his, so for now, just relax, for now, its still up for debate.

I think Yao>D12 as well and I cheer for Toronto, and I don't say that because I am bitter about D12 spanking us around LOL

travesy3
07-23-2008, 01:49 PM
what shoot that crazy fadeway, that most of the time it doesnt go in.

Once again, I am not talking about shot selection, winning games, I am talking pure talent.

rhino17
07-23-2008, 01:50 PM

Tmac has only been on 1 team that was expected to get into the next round, other than that, he has never had a supporting cast good enough to get him out of the first round.

AS for Yao, you are just dum b if you think yao is not skilled. He is easly the most skilled center in the nba. Guys like Shaq or Dwight are big unskilled centers who just dominate with their bodies, Yao has actual basketball skill.

Bosh is easily the most overrated "star" in the league. He puts up ok numbers on a very mediocre team. Not very impressive, plus he is soft

barreleffact
I forgot to add moron.

yea, a guy who's tested in the top 95-99th percentiles in every nationalized test is a moron? great bud. you must be a genius. if you cant see that howard is the best center hands down in the league then you are as ignorant and egregiously ******** as you seem

TmacYao2
Tmac has only been on 1 team that was expected to get into the next round, other than that, he has never had a supporting cast good enough to get him out of the first round.

AS for Yao, you are just dum b if you think yao is not skilled. He is easly the most skilled center in the nba. Guys like Shaq or Dwight are big unskilled centers who just dominate with their bodies, Yao has actual basketball skill.

Bosh is easily the most overrated "star" in the league. He puts up ok numbers on a very mediocre team. Not very impressive, plus he is soft
No Shaq is skilled, Dwight isn't, Shaq can overpower and beat you with a good amount of footwork and athleticism and power.

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
when your 7"6 and you get blocked by a 5foot person means, you suck.

Check it
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik

TmacYao2
yea, a guy who's tested in the top 95-99th percentiles in every nationalized test is a moron? great bud. you must be a genius. if you cant see that howard is the best center hands down in the league then you are as ignorant and egregiously ******** as you seem
Bitter much? :clap:

travesy3

In a day and age 20-10 is hard to come by, 22-10, leading a ****** supporting cast to the playoffs is overrated? Ya ok......

TmacYao2
when your 7"6 and you get blocked by a 5foot person means, you suck.

Check it
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik
Patrick Ewing got blocked by muggsy bogues, take away his HOF Status!!!!!

ragee
I'm not hating, they are overrated, they say Dwight is the best big man in the game, better than Duncan, KG and Yao would that is completely false.

Dwight Howard is not overrated!!! How can you say that a player who got 20+points and 20+rebounds in most of the game in a series overrated? If i were to choose from all the centers in the league to be my franchise player, I will pick Dwight! Not because he is better than KG and Duncan right now but because he is young and has a great chance to surpass those two... With regards to Yao, I think he is a good player but Dwight is better than him... IF we talk about all about being an all around player, Dwight is definitely not the best center right now... He still has some work to do in his offense... However, if we talk about rebounding and playing defense, He is the best big man!

Overrated guys:
Carmelo Anthony
Yao Ming (overrated in a sense that he will forever be the starting center in the all-star game until he retires... He is a good player though...)

SeoulBeatz
Your stats don't determine anything of not being overrated, Just because you got those stats doesn't cancel out being overrated, in fact using too much stats if what can make you overrated.

u are a fool.

Lets go BEYOND the numbers than shall we????

iverson led a crummy team with no scorers but himself to the NBA finals and multiple playoff appearances.

Dwight has led his team past the first round of the playoffs, something your beloved tmac couldnt do in the EAST or WEST. So please stop making a fool of yourself.

Oh yeah, Bosh led his team to the playoffs a couple of times too, past the 1st round even, something, once again, Tmac couldnt do even in the East.

And another thing that Iverson can do that Yao and Tmac cant do is stay healthy. Iverson plays through injuries all the time even though he's always the smallest guy on the court. no one brings it like iverson.

yao breaks a toenail and sits out the whole season.

so yeah, u shouldnt be talking at all about overrated.

dbow2019
07-23-2008, 01:52 PM

your an idiot...howard is the best big man in the game right now, and yes that means better then duncan, kg, and your boy yao.... obviously kg and duncan have had the better careers and are still very dominant, but right now arent athletic enough to stay with him now

- dbow from philly

and by the way, anyone who said iverson is overrated (especially in his philly days) is wrong, i watched that guy play every day and give 210%... when he got to the finals, the starting lineup was

Iverson
Eric Snow
George Lynch
Tyrone Hill
Mutombo

yea great starting lineup...the only reason they got to the finals was iverson and brown....so yea he wasnt

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Dwight Howard is not overrated!!! How can you say that a player who got 20+points and 20+rebounds in most of the game in a series overrated? If i were to choose from all the centers in the league to be my franchise player, I will pick Dwight! Not because he is better than KG and Duncan right now but because he is young and has a great chance to surpass those two... With regards to Yao, I think he is a good player but Dwight is better than him... IF we talk about all about being an all around player, Dwight is definitely not the best center right now... He still has some work to do in his offense... However, if we talk about rebounding and playing defense, He is the best big man!

Overrated guys:
Carmelo Anthony
Yao Ming (overrated in a sense that he will forever be the starting center in the all-star game until he retires... He is a good player though...)
Wow, you gotta be kidding me, You are just saying Yao is overrated, because I said Dwight was overrated real mature and Dwight is not the best center in the game, Sorry, Dwight got shut down by the pistons defense 1 on 1.

DQL

I think only Rockets fans realize that Dwight is overrated, other people realize that Yao is overrated

PS: I'm not a fan of Dwight or Orlando

TmacYao2
your an idiot...howard is the best big man in the game right now, and yes that means better then duncan, kg, and your boy yao.... obviously kg and duncan have had the better careers and are still very dominant, but right now arent athletic enough to stay with him now

- dbow from philly

and by the way, anyone who said iverson is overrated (especially in his philly days) is wrong, i watched that guy play every day and give 210%... when he got to the finals, the starting lineup was

Iverson
Eric Snow
George Lynch
Tyrone Hill
Mutombo

yea great starting lineup...the only reason they got to the finals was iverson and brown....so yea he wasnt
What a load of garbage opinions, sorry

Duncan > KG > Yao > Dirk > Dwight

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:55 PM
u are a fool.

Lets go BEYOND the numbers than shall we????

iverson led a crummy team with no scorers but himself to the NBA finals and multiple playoff appearances.

Dwight has led his team past the first round of the playoffs, something your beloved tmac couldnt do in the EAST or WEST. So please stop making a fool of yourself.

Oh yeah, Bosh led his team to the playoffs a couple of times too, past the 1st round even, something, once again, Tmac couldnt do even in the East.

And another thing that Iverson can do that Yao and Tmac cant do is stay healthy. Iverson plays through injuries all the time even though he's always the smallest guy on the court. no one brings it like iverson.

yao breaks a toenail and sits out the whole season.

so yeah, u shouldnt be talking at all about overrated.
Sticking up for your gay buddy iverson?
Iverson has Carmelo and can't even win 1 game against the Lakers, Iverson said it was Melo's team when he got there and he just made it like it was him, Yeah Iverson had no scorers in Philly oh except Chris Webber and Mutombo was the 2nd reason why the 76ers got there because of his interior defense and somewhat of his interior offense.

Dwight led a team against the Raptors yeah you know because

2008 Raptors> 2007-2008 Jazz
2008 Raptors > 2004 Lakers
2008 Raptors > 2005 MAvericks

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:56 PM
What Allen Iverson is:

a Career failure
a Cancer
Overrated
Overrated
did i mention overrated?
Seoul you going to cry?

travesy3

I can agree to that :)

King Koopa
No Shaq is skilled, Dwight isn't, Shaq can overpower and beat you with a good amount of footwork and athleticism and power.

Yao isnt skilled tell me one center besides shaq that is over 7"0 feet, thats a 6 inch advantage. So of couse he could shoot over people.

barreleffact

yao doesnt dominate because he is at least 6 inches taler w how much more reach than everyone else? gud point. and you say shaq was unskilled??? id take a prime shaq neday. he came in the leage and averaged like 24 and 12 as a rookie w like 3+ blocks. r u insane. he was a freakin beast from day 1. dwight is short but athletic enough to play undersized. he has far more defensive skill than yao could dream of. and ll take defense any day. and t-mac was up like 3-1 against detroit a few years back if im not mistaken when he was in orlando...shoulda closed it. he lost to dallas who's always been soft. granted the refs cheated but still...shoulda got out. they shouldnt have this year but idc how many years you are supposed to fail. great players dont. kobes team shouldnt have made the playoffs yet if w bynum and no pau they still would have. lebron went to the finals with trash and so did AI....t-mac is a scrub compared to that. he is a legit player. incredibly talented but very over hyped too

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Yao isnt skilled tell me one center besides shaq that is over 7"0 feet, thats a 6 inch advantage. So of couse he could shoot over people.
Using the 6 inches thing is pathetic.
Why don't you just accept the fact that he is 7'6 and just debate is it because you can't? I think so.

rhino17
07-23-2008, 01:58 PM
In a day and age 20-10 is hard to come by, 22-10, leading a ****** supporting cast to the playoffs is overrated? Ya ok......

1) He led a ****** team to the playoffs in the east, with their record they didnt deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs

2) He doesnt average 20-10

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 01:59 PM
What Allen Iverson is:

a Career failure
a Cancer
Overrated
Overrated
did i mention overrated?
Seoul you going to cry?

you got to be gay, ********, or both to think all that. career failure...yup single handedly goin to the finals is a failure...being 6 feet nuthin in a league of giants yet destroying them all is a failure...being injury riddled and still haveing the step on your opponent every game is a failure. u r correct sir.

SeoulBeatz
07-23-2008, 01:59 PM
God i still cant believe how dumb this thread is.

When everyone outside of the forum doesnt think that Dwight is overrated besides you TmacYao2 then you are wrong.

And no one here is saying Yao is overrated he is a very good center and i think he and Dwight are equally dominant.

but you are being immature and not hearing out anybodys points and saying that people are "idiots" if they don't agree with u is also pretty juvenile.

I used to do the same thing.

I used to HATE Tom Brady back in 04 when he and Donovan McNabb (he used to be a premiere QB) were top QB's.

Id go around like a baby saying that Tom Brady was overrated even though I knew inside that he was damn good, and as i grew older i realized that this was just immature, and that a real sports fan respects a players game no matter how much you hate them.

You get the picture?

You may hate dwight, but please dont make these stupid threads just to bash him and call him overrated.

You look like a fool. Im done with this thread and i feel like an admin should just close it cause it isnt going anywhere, nor is it productive.

So lay off the homer juice and get ur bias *** out of here.

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 02:00 PM
you got to be gay, ********, or both to think all that. career failure...yup single handedly goin to the finals is a failure...being 6 feet nuthin in a league of giants yet destroying them all is a failure...being injury riddled and still haveing the step on your opponent every game is a failure. u r correct sir.
Saying he led his team to the finals by himself is what makes him overrated not to mention he had an all-star in Mutombo
Sorry Iverson had better teammates than 2003 Spurs of Tim Duncan.

rhino17
07-23-2008, 02:00 PM
yao doesnt dominate because he is at least 6 inches taler w how much more reach than everyone else? gud point. and you say shaq was unskilled??? id take a prime shaq neday. he came in the leage and averaged like 24 and 12 as a rookie w like 3+ blocks. r u insane. he was a freakin beast from day 1. dwight is short but athletic enough to play undersized. he has far more defensive skill than yao could dream of. and ll take defense any day. and t-mac was up like 3-1 against detroit a few years back if im not mistaken when he was in orlando...shoulda closed it. he lost to dallas who's always been soft. granted the refs cheated but still...shoulda got out. they shouldnt have this year but idc how many years you are supposed to fail. great players dont. kobes team shouldnt have made the playoffs yet if w bynum and no pau they still would have. lebron went to the finals with trash and so did AI....t-mac is a scrub compared to that. he is a legit player. incredibly talented but very over hyped too

I didnt say he wasnt athletic, I said he as unskilled. And shaq was NEVER a skilled basketball player. He relied on athleticism and just using his massive body to knock people over.

and no kobe, has never passed the first round without a decent supportn cast, let me remind you that this is the first season he has done so.

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Iverson has Carmelo and can't even win 1 game against the Lakers, Iverson said it was Melo's team when he got there and he just made it like it was him, Yeah Iverson had no scorers in Philly oh except Chris Webber and Mutombo was the 2nd reason why the 76ers got there because of his interior defense and somewhat of his interior offense.

And your sticking up for your gay duo in houston, one is tall and Chinese and looks like a fish, and the other one cant look straight. LOL

travesy3
1) He led a ****** team to the playoffs in the east, with their record they didnt deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs

2) He doesnt average 20-10

When he is healthy he averages 10 rebounds. Since he became an all star for those 3 years he has averaged 10 rebounds a game. Don't talk about a player you don't even watch on a nightly basis. 47-35 2 years ago doesn't deserve the playoffs? That is news to me. And 41-41 is sold, considering his second highest scorer is 11 PPG, he has a second man now, and he will get 25 PPG and 10 rebounds. BOOK IT.

TmacYao2
Seoul, I am just the only person on this forum so far who has posted that thinks Dwight is overrated, I post on other boards and people call Dwight Overrated like InsideHoops and M2, and i'm sure some people here think so too, so stop getting on his nuts.

dbow2019
07-23-2008, 02:02 PM
What Tracy Mcgrady is:

a Career failure
a Cancer
Overrated
Overrated
did i mention overrated?
Seoul you going to cry?

fixed that for you buddy

and your ********, iverson has done more in this league then TMac or Yao combined...id take iverson on my team wayyyy before i took either of them

if Tmac cant win with the team he has, then hes never going to...he is the most overrated player in the NBA

barreleffact
Why don't you just accept the fact that he is 7'6 and just debate is it because you can't? I think so.

give him some height competition and prove it...u cant seriously argue that the 6 inches of height alone not to mention the reach doesnt give him an advantage...thats like saying if kenny george wasnt 7'8 hes still ave his dub dub w all his blocks....doubtful. the height is his biggest friend. y dont u admit it? as a matter of fact go play sum midsdle schoolers and tel me u cant shoot over them all day...freakin morons i swear. i promise most of these ppl watch ball. they dont play it. trust theres a diff wen u do both

TmacYao2
give him some height competition and prove it...u cant seriously argue that the 6 inches of height alone not to mention the reach doesnt give him an advantage...thats like saying if kenny george wasnt 7'8 hes still ave his dub dub w all his blocks....doubtful. the height is his biggest friend. y dont u admit it?
2005 Mavericks he was up against Shawn Bradley and still averaged 20+ points there

Happy?

rhino17
07-23-2008, 02:03 PM
When he is healthy he averages 10 rebounds. Since he became an all star for those 3 years he has averaged 10 rebounds a game. Don't talk about a player you don't even watch on a nightly basis. 47-35 2 years ago doesn't deserve the playoffs? That is news to me. And 41-41 is sold, considering his second highest scorer is 11 PPG, he has a second man now, and he will get 25 PPG and 10 rebounds. BOOK IT.

he has averaged 10 rpg ONCE in his entire career. And by no means is 41-41 solid, that is terribel

SeoulBeatz
07-23-2008, 02:03 PM

lmao.

my point is Iverson is a leader. Something T-Mac is not.

And when the BOTH PLAYED IN THE EAST.

Iverson did a lot more with his cruddy *** team than T-Mac did with his.

I remember the Magic started a season 2-21 or something like that and Tmac played in all those games, i believe thats how they eventually got Dwight and traded Tmac to houston.

Tmac couldnt make it in the East. Thats myy point. And basing off ur CRITEREA, of overrated (someone who lacks qualities beyond their bloated stats) id say if ur gonna throw iverson into the "overrated" column ur gonna have to put ur boy Tmac in their too.

Iverson has better numbers, and a ton more playoff wins and a finals appearance and an MVP award.

Tmac has worse numbers, more injuries, less playoff wins, no 2nd round appearances, and no mvp award.

nuff said fool.

travesy3
07-23-2008, 02:04 PM
give him some height competition and prove it...u cant seriously argue that the 6 inches of height alone not to mention the reach doesnt give him an advantage...thats like saying if kenny george wasnt 7'8 hes still ave his dub dub w all his blocks....doubtful. the height is his biggest friend. y dont u admit it?

LBJ is more physically dominant over his opponents, he can jump higher, so can D12. Why would they not use their physical attributes to make them a better player?

Saying give him height competition is like saying take out D12's jumping ability.

dbow2019
07-23-2008, 02:04 PM
lmao.

I remember the Magic started a season 2-21 or something like that and Tmac played in all those games, i believe thats how they eventually got Dwight and traded Tmac to houston.

Tmac couldnt make it in the East. Thats myy point. And basing off ur CRITEREA, of overrated (someone who lacks qualities beyond their bloated stats) id say if ur gonna throw iverson into the "overrated" column ur gonna have to put ur boy Tmac in their too.

Iverson has better numbers, and a ton more playoff wins and a finals appearance and an MVP award.

Tmac has worse numbers, more injuries, less playoff wins, no 2nd round appearances, and no mvp award.

nuff said fool.

:clap::clap:

travesy3
07-23-2008, 02:05 PM
he has averaged 10 rpg ONCE in his entire career. And by no means is 41-41 solid, that is terribel

With that cast it is terrible? Give me one good reason with all the injuries that team deserved to even be winning 35 games. It is all Bosh.

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 02:06 PM

Just the way he plays is ugly, he has no idea what hes doing in a game, not to mention he cant get 2 inches off the ground. And yes i will use the 7"6 as a problem to other players because all he does is shoot ive never seen him try to post people up and then dunk on them like shaq at the age of 36 still does ever once in a while.

ragee
Wow, you gotta be kidding me, You are just saying Yao is overrated, because I said Dwight was overrated real mature and Dwight is not the best center in the game, Sorry, Dwight got shut down by the pistons defense 1 on 1.

Like I said, Dwight's offense is still a work in progress... He still has a lot of work to do to become the best center... HE IS NOT THE BEST RIGHT NOW... KG IS... However, he can be the best someday... He is just 22 years old... Defensive wise, it's a different story... His defensive skill is an A+...

Ok, now my comment on Yao... I am not a Yao hater... I actually like Yao... I am not saying he is a bad player... I actually think he is good... think he is a good player... I am only saying that he is overrated because no matter what happens, he will always be the starting center in the all-star... Even if you put him against Duncan, KG, or whoever... Even if his stats will go down to 10ppg, 5rpg, 0bpg, he will still be the starting center for the west... Got my point? I am not hating and I am not saying Yao is not good... I will even list him in my top 5 centers...

barreleffact
I didnt say he wasnt athletic, I said he as unskilled. And shaq was NEVER a skilled basketball player. He relied on athleticism and just using his massive body to knock people over.

and no kobe, has never passed the first round without a decent supportn cast, let me remind you that this is the first season he has done so.

u must be a moron. u said never and then said he jus did it...make up your mind

DQL
And your sticking up for your gay duo in houston, one is tall and Chinese and looks like a fish, and the other one cant look straight. LOL

:laugh::laugh::laugh::worthy::clap:

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 02:07 PM
lmao.

nuff said fool.
I thought you were done? and what you proved was nothing once again, proving your award crap, while Iverson is still overrated and a cancer

Call me when Iverson can play with a team.

rhino17
07-23-2008, 02:07 PM
u must be a moron. u said never and then said he jus did it...make up your mind

im pretty certain you dont watch basketball, if you didnt know the lakers aquired a good supporting cas this season

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Like I said, Dwight's offense is still a work in progress... He still has a lot of work to do to become the best center... HE IS NOT THE BEST RIGHT NOW... KG IS... However, he can be the best someday... He is just 22 years old... Defensive wise, it's a different story... His defensive skill is an A+...

Ok, now my comment on Yao... I am not a Yao hater... I actually like Yao... I am not saying he is a bad player... I actually think he is good... think he is a good player... I am only saying that he is overrated because no matter what happens, he will always be the starting center in the all-star... Even if you put him against Duncan, KG, or whoever... Even if his stats will go down to 10ppg, 5rpg, 0bpg, he will still be the starting center for the west... Got my point? I am not hating and I am not saying Yao is not good... I will even list him in my top 5 centers...
Top 5 you are a joke, he is the best center, Dwight is not close to him yet. and KG is not the best center you moron he is a power forward.

rhino17
With that cast it is terrible? Give me one good reason with all the injuries that team deserved to even be winning 35 games. It is all Bosh.

Its the EAST, any team can do that

TmacYao2
Just the way he plays is ugly, he has no idea what hes doing in a game, not to mention he cant get 2 inches off the ground. And yes i will use the 7"6 as a problem to other players because all he does is shoot ive never seen him try to post people up and then dunk on them like shaq at the age of 36 still does ever once in a while.
Wow, you gotta be kidding me how old are you 2?

Dunks = Best player in the game that's pretty much what you are saying.

SeoulBeatz
07-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I thought you were done? and what you proved was nothing once again, proving your award crap, while Iverson is still overrated and a cancer

Call me when Iverson can play with a team.

haha no i couldnt be done cus ur still in denial.

i love how you completely avoid all the facts i made and how Iverson has clearly had a better career than Tmac in ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME. NAME ONE ASPECT WHERE TMAC HAS BEEN BETTER!???

1) Leadership? nope
2) Stats? nope
3) Injuries/toughness? nope

or.... u can be a puss again and totally ignore my argument, cus thats what immature people do.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 02:10 PM
LBJ is more physically dominant over his opponents, he can jump higher, so can D12. Why would they not use their physical attributes to make them a better player?

Saying give him height competition is like saying take out D12's jumping ability.

no at all. peope can become athletic. and there are other athletes of his caliber. however, you cant grow. once thats done, you the same hight. its the equivalent of a high schooler playing against middle schoolers for the most part height wise. the high schoolers can shoot over them all day. his height and reach make everything so easy and you cant train that.
dont get me wrong tho. idc how you get yor numbers and you should take advantage of everything you can. however, if you take him down to normal size...who is he?

frizbo72
07-23-2008, 02:11 PM
The only people that think Howard is overrated are Houston fans and I still don't know why. Tweenty years from now someone will start a thread that list the top 10 big man to ever play and his name will be one there in the top 5 and Yao will be just outside with a * by his name honorable mention, could of had a promising career if it weren't for injuries.

Back to the thread, I like Tmac but do think he is a little over rated because of what is expected of him due to his ability. He can play but can't take the heat. I think Pau Gasol is overrated too. Without Odom help he is pretty soft.

dbow2019
Wow, you gotta be kidding me how old are you 2?

Dunks = Best player in the game that's pretty much what you are saying.

wow, your pretty much saying that as a powerforward/center, being able to post up means absolutely nothing....being able to post up is probably the most important aspect to a big mans game

King Koopa
2005 Mavericks he was up against Shawn Bradley and still averaged 20+ points there

Happy?

and you people lost. And you cant say that you people have never had a supporting cast because if you say that Carl Landry,Shane Battier Rafer Alston, Luis Scola, Luther Head and Dikembe Mutombo arent a good supporting cast then, you dont know anything about basketball, O yeah but i forgot according to you YAO AND TMAC are the gods of the nba and no supporting cast can play with them, and thats the reason they cant get out of the first round. LOL

oldenpolynice
07-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I have to go with Rasheed Wallace. He all but disappeared against the Celtics.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 02:13 PM

Happy?

lol... because bradley wasnt posterized every game and was clearly the best thing ever....i have no comment

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
by the way when in the History of the NBA do you see players crying because they lost in the first round. I would understand WCF or Finals but first round wow, you have to be a little cry baby.

barreleffact
wow, your pretty much saying that as a powerforward/center, being able to post up means absolutely nothing....being able to post up is probably the most important aspect to a big mans game

i disagree. ill take a big man who can rebound and play d everytime. anyone can run a pick and roll and score....amare

TmacYao2
haha no i couldnt be done cus ur still in denial.

i love how you completely avoid all the facts i made and how Iverson has clearly had a better career than Tmac in ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME. NAME ONE ASPECT WHERE TMAC HAS BEEN BETTER!???

1) Leadership? nope
2) Stats? nope
3) Injuries/toughness? nope

or.... u can be a puss again and totally ignore my argument, cus thats what immature people do.
Yet None of those guys are cancers like Iverson sorry your arguments are weak like Iverson. I'm sure you would know how he is in bed too.

King Koopa
lol... because bradley wasnt posterized every game and was clearly the best thing ever....i have no comment

isnt Bradley the guy whos always getting dunked on by people.....

rhino17
07-23-2008, 02:16 PM
by the way when in the History of the NBA do you see players crying because they lost in the first round. I would understand WCF or Finals but first round wow, you have to be a little cry baby.

yeah, he didnt even try that game, he lost it by himself. 30+ pts and 15+ assists just wasnt enough on his end

just so you know, tmac is statisitcally a top playoff performer of all time

dbow2019
07-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Yet None of those guys are cancers like Iverson sorry your arguments are weak like Iverson. I'm sure you would know how he is in bed too.

says the person who is, at this very second, getting double teamed by tmac and yao

TmacYao2
by the way Seoulz look at Iverson's FG% and FGA totally garbage and selfish

SeoulBeatz

there you go again. ignoring my argument by simply saying its "weak" and coming up with some lame sentence that was supposed to resemble an insult.

how old are u, seriously?

You wanna talk about cancers? how about a player who gets paid 20 million dollars a year to sit on his *** all season, and has never led his team to the NBA finals in his 12 year career.

oh yeah.. thats Tracy McGrady.

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 02:19 PM

WHen has Iverson been known as a cancer, in fact your the first person to ever say that hes a Cancer, What makes him a Cancer please tell me when a team mate of his has called him out for being self fish or better yet a bad team mate.

ragee

I am not a big fan of Shaq but I actually think that he was the best center and most dominant player in his prime...I don't think you should say that a player is not good because he is strong... That's just like someone saying that Yao is only good because he is so tall... Being strong and being tall are just some tools that a player should have to become a great center... Dude, you can't rebound, post up and block shots good if you are not strong or tall... Elton Brand is not that tall but he makes up for it through his wide body frame and his strength... Yao is not that strong but he makes it up for his height... Even if you have great post up skills, if you don't have the size or power to add to it, you won't be a good center...

barreleffact
im pretty certain you dont watch basketball, if you didnt know the lakers aquired a good supporting cas this season

decent. they started w the same team that lost last year. only significant change was pau who took the place of bynum. that was about even because they lost defense and a lil rebounding for offense. but kobe made sub par players look like a legit cast. depth wise, they werent as attrocious as it seemed, but they def werent final caliber and werent supposed to make the playoffs. dont question me boi...i live basketball. watch, play, and read regularly.

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 02:20 PM
yeah, he didnt even try that game, he lost it by himself. 30+ pts and 15+ assists just wasnt enough on his end

yet he cant get out of the first round.... Sad isnt it, :cry::cry::cry:

still1ballin
07-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Tmac

SeoulBeatz
07-23-2008, 02:22 PM
by the way Seoulz look at Iverson's FG% and FGA totally garbage and selfish

oh wait, ur breaking ur own rules, i thought we were ignoring stats!??

yes, Iverson's career FG% of .416 is pretty abysmal.

whoooaaaaa, hold on a sec...

McGrady's career FG% ..... .437

thats a whole 2 percent better. Fantastic.

You wanna talk about selfish.

Iverson averages 2 more apg for his career than Mcgrady.

do ur homework fool.

Dont believe me look it up.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
isnt Bradley the guy whos always getting dunked on by people.....

yea...he was the only other 7'6 guy. he got dunked on regularly and was rapped about a lot. he was awful but made for sum great posters tho. and that jay z rhyme was killer. u ain an athlete u shawn bradley...that hurts...id cry is sum1 said that to me

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 02:24 PM
oh wait, ur breaking ur own rules, i thought we were ignoring stats!??

yes, Iverson's career FG% of .416 is pretty abysmal.

whoooaaaaa, hold on a sec...

McGrady's career FG% ..... .437

thats a whole 2 percent better. Fantastic.

You wanna talk about selfish.

Iverson averages 2 more apg for his career than Mcgrady.

do ur homework fool.

Dont believe me look it up.
assists...oh when Iverson handles the ball 95% of the time anyways

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Saying he led his team to the finals by himself is what makes him overrated not to mention he had an all-star in Mutombo

ima pretend you are joking. cuz thats hilarious guy

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 02:26 PM

yeah you can be having the best 3qts of your life but when it comes down to it, its all about the last 5 mins in a game, just ask Wade or Kobe about it, and its seems like Tmac Choked like he always does in the playoffs and thats the reason they lost, he was like 1-9 in the last 5 mins in that game so yeah he did lose it for his team.

alexanderkeiths
07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
maybe both bosh and howard will go home to play for maverics since they both are from texas...be interesting to see them head to head with t-mac and yao and the rockets...

t-mac wanted out of toronto because he didnt want to play behind carter and at that time it wasnt even close carter was by far the better player. did anyoine know t-mac and vince are cousins?

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 02:28 PM
ima pretend you are joking. cuz thats hilarious guy
Tim Duncan had David Robinson on his last leg, Stephen Jackson, the pre-Tony Parker and Ginobili and no other all-stars

You were saying?

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 02:29 PM
What a load of garbage opinions, sorry

Duncan > KG > Yao > Dirk > Dwight

dirk???

Jwizel_hitshrs
07-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Glad a Rockets fan brought this up.....
TMAC
YAO
AK-47
Melo (arent pros supposed to be in shape and grown outta their baby fat?)

dbow2019
07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Tim Duncan had David Robinson on his last leg, Stephen Jackson, the pre-Tony Parker and Ginobili and no other all-stars

You were saying?

terrible argument

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 02:30 PM

You were saying?

AI had....AI...and AI....dont forget AI...then mickie and mutumbo. ne1 else? and tony parer was a stud then. he just got no respect. the very next year everyone was on his nuts

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 02:32 PM

Well seems to me that the rockets have better teammates then the 2003 spurs, since they do have the two best players in the league Yao and Tmac according to you and they still cant get out of the 1st round.

Beno7500
07-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Carmelo
Wade
T Mac
Yao
The Warriors
The Blazers
AI
Jerryd Bayless
Kevin Love
Gasoft
Carter
Marbury
Randolph
The Dunk Contest :)

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 02:38 PM
tmacyao2 lets just leave it at this...... Yao and Tmac are overrated, since you do have the whole PSD saying that they are Overrated. And Dont post dumb threads like these ever again. Besides who actually thinks Dirk is the 4th best big man in the league. So come on lets put a smile on that face of yours.

ragee
07-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Top 5 you are a joke, he is the best center, Dwight is not close to him yet. and KG is not the best center you moron he is a power forward.

OH... my bad... I was talking about the best big man... However, you are the moron for saying all the crap you are saying! Dwight and Iverson overrated?!!! Iverson a cancer?!!! It is not Iverson's fault that they lost to the Lakers... The whole team gave up on defense... That is why they lost! BTW, I am not a Nugget fan... I hate them! So as you can see, my opinions are not biased... Not like someone who thinks his team has the best players! Yao the best center? If you are the best center, you can definitely pass the first round! You know what you can call a cancer? A player who guarantees that they will win the series only to find out numerous times that he has to eat his words coz his team is not good enough... I wonder who could that be... Look in your profile pick to know the answer! hahahaha....

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Carmelo
Wade
T Mac
Yao
The Warriors
The Blazers
AI
Jerryd Bayless
Kevin Love
Gasoft
Carter
Marbury
Randolph

melo- yes cuz of the lack of defense and geting caught all the time off the court. all league players do bad stuff but he gets caught so it looks bad. lol

wade- u out of yo got dang mind to ever think that. he is a top talent period. one of the best ever. took his team to win that title w noone playing decently let alone good at all besides zo and posey. he shouldve won 2 by now but had the flu in the ECF the yr b4

bayless and love are rookies...can we wait to call them over hyped. its not like they get love like lebron got.

gasoft is a panzy. hes gud but id trade him and bynum for dwight.

carter got injured. give him sum credit. hes still puttin up numbers better than most

the dunk contest is pretty bad except this year. most things have already been done and then they snub ppl. like iggy

ragee
07-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Carmelo
Wade
T Mac
Yao
The Warriors
The Blazers
AI
Jerryd Bayless
Kevin Love
Gasoft
Carter
Marbury
Randolph

Bayless is already proving himself in the summer league... With regards to the Blazers, I will leave it to them to prove you wrong... After this season, make a thread about the blazers being overrated... Lets see what people will say...

ragee
07-23-2008, 02:48 PM
tmacyao2 lets just leave it at this...... Yao and Tmac are overrated, since you do have the whole PSD saying that they are Overrated. And Dont post dumb threads like these ever again. Besides who actually thinks Dirk is the 4th best big man in the league. So come on lets put a smile on that face of yours.

Hey! I was on you side until your included Dirk!!! He is not your typical big man but he can make things happen... The reason why they lost to the Warriors was because he got triple teamed... Anyone can't make a difference if you are being guarded by three players! The reason why they lost last season was definitely not because of him! He played hard... The rest of the team other than Bass and himself did not!

ragee
07-23-2008, 02:55 PM
melo- yes cuz of the lack of defense and geting caught all the time off the court. all league players do bad stuff but he gets caught so it looks bad. lol

wade- u out of yo got dang mind to ever think that. he is a top talent period. one of the best ever. took his team to win that title w noone playing decently let alone good at all besides zo and posey. he shouldve won 2 by now but had the flu in the ECF the yr b4

bayless and love are rookies...can we wait to call them over hyped. its not like they get love like lebron got.

gasoft is a panzy. hes gud but id trade him and bynum for dwight.

carter got injured. give him sum credit. hes still puttin up numbers better than most

the dunk contest is pretty bad except this year. most things have already been done and then they snub ppl. like iggy

With regards to carter, he is not the carter of old anymore... He is not half-man half amazing anymore... He is just half of a man now... :laugh: He lost his heart and his competitive drive somewhere after getting his extension... He is still putting 20ppg but his percentage is down and all he is doing now is shoot jump shots... He is lazy now... I don't get him... I know he is scared to get injured but come on... Doesn't he want to win a championship? He already made a name for himself, is he willing to trash it and end his career with people thinking he is a girl's genitals?!

midwestmadman
07-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I would say KG is overrated. Before everyone in Boston drops their bowl of Chawder just hear me out, he is a great player one that any GM would love to have on his team. This year though I felt he got way to much credit for the turn around of the Celtics. It took 3 great players who sacrifed their numbers to win. The KG MVP talk is what got under my skin the most, let's face facts Paul Pierce lead that team, Pierce had the most complete numbers statistically and I just don't see how NBA writers and commentators where making such a big case for him when he wasn't even the best player on his own team let alone the NBA, he isn't necassarily overrated, but the NBA goes out of the way to get him his attention.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey! I was on you side until you included Dirk!!! He is not your typical big man but he can make things happen... The reason why they lost to the Warriors was because he got triple teamed... Anyone can't make a difference if you are being guarded by three players! The reason why they lost last season was definitely not because of him! He played hard... The rest of the team other than Bass and himself did not!

dirk is soft. soft players cant carry a team. tahts why wade ripped them by himself. dirk can shoot but what more is he really GREAT at? he can do things moderately or even well but not GREAT. dwight can rebound, play D, lead a team...IMO, bang on anyone if he really wants to. dirk jus isnt dominant.

and wow...im surprised no1 disagreed when i said nash is highly overrated

dbow2019
07-23-2008, 02:58 PM
dirk is soft. soft players cant carry a team. tahts why wade ripped them by himself. dirk can shoot but what more is he really GREAT at? he can do things moderately or even well but not GREAT. dwight can rebound, play D, lead a team...IMO, bang on anyone if he really wants to. dirk jus isnt dominant.

i dont think that you could really say that nash is overrated...2 mvps, unselfish, makes things happen, leader....the kind of player i think everyone wants on their team

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I would say KG is overrated. Before everyone in Boston drops their bowl of Chawder just hear me out, he is a great player one that any GM would love to have on his team. This year though I felt he got way to much credit for the turn around of the Celtics. It took 3 great players who sacrifed their numbers to win. The KG MVP talk is what got under my skin the most, let's face facts Paul Pierce lead that team, Pierce had the most complete numbers statistically and I just don't see how NBA writers and commentators where making such a big case for him when he wasn't even the best player on his own team let alone the NBA, he isn't necassarily overrated, but the NBA goes out of the way to get him his attention.

i can agree with what you said. his numbers dropped considerably and he was not consistant at all really except with his D...which is a gud thing to b consistant with. the reason i think hes OH besides his numbers falling is he is 2 clutch out of 10

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Richard Jefferson..

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
i dont think that you could really say that nash is overrated...2 mvps, unselfish, makes things happen, leader....the kind of player i think everyone wants on their team

nash has no defense, was given the second mvp, and always played w an optimal cast for getting assists tho.

travesy3
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
i can agree with what you said. his numbers dropped considerably and he was not consistant at all really except with his D...which is a gud thing to b consistant with. the reason i think hes OH besides his numbers falling is he is 2 clutch out of 10

Paul Pierce is not the one who instilled the defensive expertise on that team. They were the best defensive team, thus, the best team in the NBA because of KG, not Paul Pierce.

ragee
07-23-2008, 03:01 PM

His numbers was down but for me, he was the best in the team... He played great defense... Did you see how he stopped the Laker fast breaks?

midwestmadman
07-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Ragee I am gald you thru in thew dunk contest! That weekend spectical has been going to hell in a hand basket ever since Isiah Rider won it I think 1994

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
With regards to carter, he is not the carter of old anymore... He is not half-man half amazing anymore... He is just half of a man now... :laugh: He lost his heart and his competitive drive somewhere after getting his extension... He is still putting 20ppg but his percentage is down and all he is doing now is shoot jump shots... He is lazy now... I don't get him... I know he is scared to get injured but come on... Doesn't he want to win a championship? He already made a name for himself, is he willing to trash it and end his career with people thinking he is a girl's genitals?!

lol. but at that point who cares about a ring? i dont think he does. the moneys guaranteed. the respect is in ways and a ring when u arent gonna b the main guy...cuz he cant b the main guy on a championship caliber team IMO...it jus might not matter as much as it did to KG who i feel needed it for unknown reasons...most probably self respect tho. they got it and were like kids. if carter ever does his demeanor would b diff from those 3

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Paul Pierce is not the one who instilled the defensive expertise on that team. They were the best defensive team, thus, the best team in the NBA because of KG, not Paul Pierce.

they all contributed dont say cuz of KG. when he was injured they still won. KG bwas huge but it was a team defense. their team stopped kobe. not KG, ray, pierce...if anything yes KG was always a great defender but it was the defensive coach that i give all the credit to if i give it to any 1 person

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 03:07 PM
uh no, Dwight is overrated you magic homer. and those 2 are not overrated you rocket hater.

midwestmadman
07-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Like I said I know he anchored the D he was solid in the Play off but Paul Pierce was still the go to guy and Pierce doesn't get enough credit for the D he plays, I don't even particulary care for Paul Pierce as a player or anything I am just saying that IMO I felt Pierce had a better overall year and he owned LeBron in thier head to head match up too. I like Lebron but I'll admit Paul Piece really took that series by himself. I understand everyone's point of vie won KG I just wouldn't put him in the running for MVP with Kobe, or Chris Paul. To me those were the two guys that should have gotten any recognition for MVP and that is why the finished 1 and 2.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 03:10 PM
uh no, Dwight is overrated you magic homer. and those 2 are not overrated you rocket hater.

lol. how old r u man? you are the best debater i promise. or at least te best ind to have as your opposition. you have no facts basically you say sum1 sux and another is great just because u say so

midwestmadman
07-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Also Will Perdue is the Greatest player who ever straped on a size 24 shoe!

ragee
07-23-2008, 03:15 PM

He can shoot anywhere in the court with high percentage, he is a good rebounder, he is a great free throw shooter, he can dribble, he is ow a good passer and now, he can play good team defense... NOT ONE ON ONE but team defense... That's what makes him a great player... Like I said, he is not your typical big man... If you are talking about banging and owning the paint, I would say you can leave Dirk out of the conversation... However, he can dominate even if he is not the banging type and the one who plays ugly... Every player has flaws... Dirk's flaw is he is not as physical as other players.. He makes up for it though... (Before you read this, if you are as sensitive as tmacyao2, I would like to say first that I am not hating... Dwight is one of my favorite players) Dwight can't shoot free throws... He also does not have a polished post up game... Most of his points comes from dunks... With that being said, he is still a great player... One of the best... Why? Because like Dirk, he makes up for it... Dirk is not the reason why the mavs does not have a championship... You can't win it on your own nowadays... You are not even a sure shot even if you have two great players...

ragee
07-23-2008, 03:20 PM
lol. but at that point who cares about a ring? i dont think he does. the moneys guaranteed. the respect is in ways and a ring when u arent gonna b the main guy...cuz he cant b the main guy on a championship caliber team IMO...it jus might not matter as much as it did to KG who i feel needed it for unknown reasons...most probably self respect tho. they got it and were like kids. if carter ever does his demeanor would b diff from those 3

Dude, Carter is not that old... He still has a lot of gas in his tank... If he chooses, he can still be the main guy.... If you are a professional basketball player, you should care... You owe it to your team and to your fans... How would you feel if your favorite player can win a championship but chooses not to because he does not want to get injured? :mad:! Right?

ragee
07-23-2008, 03:23 PM

uh, no... Dwight is not overrated... you D12 hater... and yes, your tandem will not win a championship, you rocket homer... :laugh:

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 03:25 PM
na...yall can say w/e u want. im not the sensetive type and i like to argue. lol. debating is fun. but about dirk. i mean im not hating. i said he can do everything moderatley or even well. but hes just not on that level to me. and everything you said abou dwight i b clownin about. he does nothing but dunk on offense. but jus valu wise, i could never put dirk above dwight prototypical or not. jus because even tho dirk can rebound, dwight can get u 20 plus and leade the league. dwight can play 1 on 1 and team defenses. he does averything axcept shoot which is a big flaw but in my big men, i am 100% about defense and rebounding. scoring in bunches is a bonus to me. then again thats the type of player i am too tho. im biased to defensive players because i excel offensively but i shine defenseively and its the best part to me. plus it wins championships. but i thought the mavs were gonna win that year. i didnt wanna see a heat mav finals cuz i put them as the only team that could stop the heat. jus like i didnt wanna see a laker celt finals. i guess im 50-50 on those kinds of predictions

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
so yeah, Dwight Howard is overrated, too many magic homers or Dwight lovers.

ewells20
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Overrated Players:

1)Vince Carter- He never plays with 100% effort.
2)Dirk Nowitzki- I love Dirk's game, he's good inside, great outside but after winning the MVP 2 seasons ago and not showing up, I think they need a closer to go with Dirk. Dirk also is not very good at defense.

Doesn't Get Enough Credit:

1) Tracy McGrady- Sure, sometimes his numbers aren't always the best. But when Yao got hurt he did everything in his power to keep his team winning. He took all the blame when they didn't do well. And his supporting cast in the playoffs minus Rafer Alston gave him little to nothing.

2) Paul Pierce- This guy is not overrated period. All I have to say is look at what he did in games in the playoffs to keep his team alive.

Underrated:

1) Deron Williams- His game will always be compared to Chris Paul. They will always talk about how he got drafted before Paul, but this guy is a great player.

DWIGHT HOWARD:
Ok, how anyone thinks this guy is overrated is beyond me. He's putting up numbers that haven't been seen in decades. Defensively, he's already in the class of Shaq, Wilt, and Malone. Oh yeah, and he's only 22. Here are some reasons he is not overrated.

1) His athleticism puts him in a league of his own. He's got unreal vertical for his size and he's quick. Anybody his size who can compete in the dunk contest is unreal.

2) He has never averaged less than a double double in his career.

3) He still averaged 20 points a game last season despite not having limited moves in the post. He can learn that and he will just like Amare did. And when he does, he'll be unstoppable.

...Bottom line is, look at his potential, frame of work thus far and athleticism, anyone with half basketball knowledge can see he is NOT overrated.

YAO MING:
I don't think Yao is overrated either. He has an excellent offensive game, his finesse on his jumpshot is unparalleled to that of any big man in the league. I mean they tell this man to take technical foul shots, what other center in the league does?

His knocks in years past were his aggressiveness. Before he got injured, it looked like he is playing mad now. The only problem is, is that he gets injured too often. We knock TMac and Yao for never leading a team through the playoffs but I can guarantee that if they are healthy for next year's playoffs they'll be a combo to watch out for.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Dude, Carter is not that old... He still has a lot of gas in his tank... If he chooses, he can still be the main guy.... If you are a professional basketball player, you should care... You owe it to your team and to your fans... How would you feel if your favorite player can win a championship but chooses not to because he does not want to get injured? :mad:! Right?

actually id respect it. i mean nothing is guaranteed. you are only one injury away wen u r an athlete. thats why wade doesnt dunk as much, and why tracy is a shooter. i czan respect it. i prefer you to go out and put your 100% into everything you do. but you can come up with more ways than bein reckless to be effective. hes got a lot of gas but i just dont see him being that top tier type. no jordan every night mentality. then again did jordan ever get seriously injured? its jus like football. last year i think one guy wanted to play his heart out until his body would quit and another didnt want all that wear and tear so he retired...same thing to a less degree

ragee
07-23-2008, 03:32 PM
na...yall can say w/e u want. im not the sensetive type and i like to argue. lol. debating is fun. but about dirk. i mean im not hating. i said he can do everything moderatley or even well. but hes just not on that level to me. and everything you said abou dwight i b clownin about. he does nothing but dunk on offense. but jus valu wise, i could never put dirk above dwight prototypical or not. jus because even tho dirk can rebound, dwight can get u 20 plus and leade the league. dwight can play 1 on 1 and team defenses. he does averything axcept shoot which is a big flaw but in my big men, i am 100% about defense and rebounding. scoring in bunches is a bonus to me. then again thats the type of player i am too tho. im biased to defensive players because i excel offensively but i shine defenseively and its the best part to me. plus it wins championships. but i thought the mavs were gonna win that year. i didnt wanna see a heat mav finals cuz i put them as the only team that could stop the heat. jus like i didnt wanna see a laker celt finals. i guess im 50-50 on those kinds of predictions

Hahaha... I think the whole mavs team has a weak heart... That is their biggest problem... To tell you the truth, if I were to choose between Dwight and Dirk, the only reason I will pick Dirk is because he is my favorite... I think Dwight will be a Shaq one day... He may even be better... I am hoping the latter... However, I still think Dirk is a great player and he is in the Top 4 big man (Duncan, KG, Dwight, Dirk)... If you are going to say that Dirk should be replaced by Amare, this will be a very long conversation! hahahaha... Just let Dirk win a championship, after that I am rooting for the magic and the blazers! hehehehe

Iodine
07-23-2008, 03:34 PM
You have got to be ****ing kidding

Is this all you do on the internet? Make these threads?

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Overrated Players:

2)Dirk Nowitzki- I love Dirk's game, he's good inside, great outside but after winning the MVP 2 seasons ago and not showing up, I think they need a closer to go with Dirk. Dirk also is not very good at defense.

1) Tracy McGrady- Sure, sometimes his numbers aren't always the best. But when Yao got hurt he did everything in his power to keep his team winning. He took all the blame when they didn't do well. And his supporting cast in the playoffs minus Rafer Alston gave him little to nothing.

2) Paul Pierce- This guy is not overrated period. All I have to say is look at what he did in games in the playoffs to keep his team alive.

Underrated:

1) Deron Williams- His game will always be compared to Chris Paul. They will always talk about how he got drafted before Paul, but this guy is a great player.

DWIGHT HOWARD:
Ok, how anyone thinks this guy is overrated is beyond me. He's putting up numbers that haven't been seen in decades. Defensively, he's already in the class of Shaq, Wilt, and Malone. Oh yeah, and he's only 22. Here are some reasons he is not overrated.

1) His athleticism puts him in a league of his own. He's got unreal vertical for his size and he's quick. Anybody his size who can compete in the dunk contest is unreal.

3) He still averaged 20 points a game last season despite not having limited moves in the post. He can learn that and he will just like Amare did. And when he does, he'll be unstoppable.

...Bottom line is, look at his potential, frame of work thus far and athleticism, anyone with half basketball knowledge can see he is NOT overrated.

YAO MING:
I don't think Yao is overrated either. He has an excellent offensive game, his finesse on his jumpshot is unparalleled to that of any big man in the league. I mean they tell this man to take technical foul shots, what other center in the league does?

His knocks in years past were his aggressiveness. Before he got injured, it looked like he is playing mad now. The only problem is, is that he gets injured too often. We knock TMac and Yao for never leading a team through the playoffs but I can guarantee that if they are healthy for next year's playoffs they'll be a combo to watch out for.

i wouldnt really consider him under rated. i think he gets all the respect in the world. u cant really compare him and paul because they are both great. paul better defense, leadership(took the hornets further w less a team the the jazz). deron has a better shot and strength. passing they are both great. but he gets respect. and is in no way in cp3's shadow. at least in no more of a way than anyone else. cp3 played amazingly so he eclipsed everyone.

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Overrated Players:

Underrated:

DWIGHT HOWARD:

YAO MING:

Dwight is overrated if you call him the best center or best big man when that is very far away from the truth.

ragee
07-23-2008, 03:40 PM
actually id respect it. i mean nothing is guaranteed. you are only one injury away wen u r an athlete. thats why wade doesnt dunk as much, and why tracy is a shooter. i czan respect it. i prefer you to go out and put your 100% into everything you do. but you can come up with more ways than bein reckless to be effective. hes got a lot of gas but i just dont see him being that top tier type. no jordan every night mentality. then again did jordan ever get seriously injured? its jus like football. last year i think one guy wanted to play his heart out until his body would quit and another didnt want all that wear and tear so he retired...same thing to a less degree

Well, I am not saying he should dunk his way to a championship coz that is being reckless... He is 30+ now... Have you seen him play this season? Dude, its not just about him doing jump shots... He just stands there and wait for the ball... Its ok not be that flashy anymore but dude, try to win...Jordan in his last 2 championships was not as flashy as he was before (he was still flashy at time but not as much as he was before).... Most of his points came from posting up then shooting a fade away jump shot... Carter and Jordan were doing both jump shots... One is winning, one is not... See the difference? How old are you? Have you seen Derrick Coleman in the 90s after he got his log contract? That is how he is now...

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Dwight is overrated if you call him the best center or best big man when that is very far away from the truth.

name 1 person better besides your obvious choice of yao...and those numbers are scewed wen they play against each other. how bad would yao suck if an undersized man dominated him? thats liek a wife that beats her husband...it happens but it shouldnt

NJrockPD
07-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Bynum all the way.

ragee
07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
i wouldnt really consider him under rated. i think he gets all the respect in the world. u cant really compare him and paul because they are both great. paul better defense, leadership(took the hornets further w less a team the the jazz). deron has a better shot and strength. passing they are both great. but he gets respect. and is in no way in cp3's shadow. at least in no more of a way than anyone else. cp3 played amazingly so he eclipsed everyone.

Disagreeing again! hahahaha... I think D-will is underrated... Only a little bit though... He is getting credit for what he is doing... It is not enough though...

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, I am not saying he should dunk his way to a championship coz that is being reckless... He is 30+ now... Have you seen him play this season? Dude, its not just about him doing jump shots... He just stands there and wait for the ball... Its ok not be that flashy anymore but dude, try to win...Jordan in his last 2 championships was not as flashy as he was before (he was still flashy at time but not as much as he was before).... Most of his points came from posting up then shooting a fade away jump shot... Carter and Jordan were doing both jump shots... One is winning, one is not... See the difference? How old are you? Have you seen Derrick Coleman in the 90s after he got his log contract? That is how he is now...

na, im only 20. i missed most of jordan and all basketball befor that for a lack of interest in watchin sports. but i see what you were saying about the difference tho. idk...its hard for me to make a case for him because we all know he doesnt play to his potential. but considerig what he does do and the numbers he puts up at like 1/2 what hes capable...its hard to say hes over rated wen he doesnt get much respect as it is. plus no matter how good he can be, he can not take a team to the finals by himself and cant win it all so its pointless regardless except to the showman in him to please the fans

ragee
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
name 1 person better besides your obvious choice of yao...and those numbers are scewed wen they play against each other. how bad would yao suck if an undersized man dominated him? thats liek a wife that beats her husband...it happens but it shouldnt

AMEN TO THAT! Forget that guy... All he is going to say is that Dwight is overrated coz he is so strong and does not have a polished offense... He does not even consider his defensive skills that makes him a monster!

RapsFan4Life
07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
For me it would be

Dwight Howard
Chris Bosh
Allen Iverson - somewhat mainly his career in philly has been overrated i think it's eased up since

you just chose 3 franshise players who took their teams to playoffs and further all three of them are amazing athletes and not over rated your the biggest idiot who posted on this forum i think u need to watch more ball before bringing up 3 future hall of fame-rs ... f*ckin idiot !

ragee
07-23-2008, 03:50 PM
na, im only 20. i missed most of jordan and all basketball befor that for a lack of interest in watchin sports. but i see what you were saying about the difference tho. idk...its hard for me to make a case for him because we all know he doesnt play to his potential. but considerig what he does do and the numbers he puts up at like 1/2 what hes capable...its hard to say hes over rated wen he doesnt get much respect as it is. plus no matter how good he can be, he can not take a team to the finals by himself and cant win it all so its pointless regardless except to the showman in him to please the fans
Im just 23! I am just a big fan of basketball... lol... Well, I guess, he is not overrated... Coz he is getting bashed for what he is doing and he is not really getting credit for anything these days... Plus, he can still play... and win... if he chooses to... conlusion? yeah, he is not overrated... he is just lazy and selfish...

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 03:51 PM
you just chose 3 franshise players who took their teams to playoffs and further all three of them are amazing athletes and not over rated your the biggest idiot who posted on this forum i think u need to watch more ball before bringing up 3 future hall of fame-rs ... f*ckin idiot !
LOL, just because Iverson is a HOF Player doesn't mean he isn't overrated.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Im just 23! I am just a big fan of basketball... lol... Well, I guess, he is not overrated... Coz he is getting bashed for what he is doing and he is not really getting credit for anything these days... Plus, he can still play... and win... if he chooses to... conlusion? yeah, he is not overrated... he is just lazy and selfish...

lol. ight...the carter part is now dead. i think we can all agree to what you jus said

RapsFan4Life
07-23-2008, 03:54 PM
everyone on this forum is knocking on stars, they all make money for a reason .. i think bosh kobe dwight LBJ kg peirce tmac nash and alot of other guys mentioned are SUPER STARS .. players that are over rated are VC, rasheed, ray allen, ron artest, DIRK !!!!! .. stupid dirk, yao is a bit over rated cuz of his injuries but he is still a damn tower, iguodala is over rated, brand, kenyon martin .. he sucks, ricky davis << ******, thats all i can think of right now

ragee
07-23-2008, 03:56 PM

Dude, you shouldn't have gone to this thread... You are just going to waste your time trying to argue with this guy... Read all the posts and you'll see how idiotic this guy is... The summary: this guy is saying that those three are overrated... Dwight is not the best center coz he is so strong and he uses it to his advantage... he is not as good as yao ming coz he does not have good post up skills... and you should not consider his defensive skills... AI is no good and is a cancer... Finally, Yao ming and Tmac are the best players in the league... That is why they have not gone passed the fisrt round!!!!:laugh:

frizbo72
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey TmacYao2, how does it feel to get beat down in your own thread. Before you start one next time make a better arguement so we dont see how dumb you look from the start. The whole Dwight is overrated as your comeback everytime is getting old. We are not magic fans we are NBA fans and everyone in the NBA can see that Dwight is the man expect the Houston guys. Which makes no sense considering they arent even in the same conference. Drop it man.

RapsFan4Life

AI is stuck with his team for years and what did he do put fans in the stands thats what u want from a franchise player .. he can shoot drive defende dribble finish at the rim dunk (when he was younger) and he shows alot of heart for the game .. how he is over rated .. he is ALLEN MUTHA F*CKING IVERSON ... number 3 in jearsys sold in the world, u dont know *****

Westbrook36
Dwight is not Overrated.. Best Center in the Game
Chris Bosh is not Overrated Hes a very good Power Forward who dose not get talked about alot
Allen Iverson is one of the greatest players of ALL TIME.

Please stop..

RapsFan4Life
07-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Dude, you shouldn't have gone to this thread... You are just going to waste your time trying to argue with this guy... Read all the posts and you'll see how idiotic this guy is... The summary: this guy is saying that those three are overrated... Dwight is not the best center coz he is so strong and he uses it to his advantage... he is not as good as yao ming coz he does not have good post up skills... and you should not consider his defensive skills... AI is no good and is a cancer... Finally, Yao ming and Tmac are the best players in the league... That is why they have not gone passed the fisrt round!!!!:laugh:

ragee ... well said

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 03:59 PM

Iverson is one of the Best Shooting Guards ever..Tell me how hes "Overrated"

RapsFan4Life
07-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Hey TmacYao2, how does it feel to get beat down in your own thread. Before you start one next time make a better arguement so we dont see how dumb you look from the start. The whole Dwight is overrated as your comeback everytime is getting old. We are not magic fans we are NBA fans and everyone in the NBA can see that Dwight is the man expect the Houston guys. Which makes no sense considering they arent even in the same conference. Drop it man.

HAHAHAHTmacYao2 .. everyone is knockin on YOOU ... you suck ! .. watch more games cuz you dont know who can put the ball in the net ... when the Rockets get 1st in the league and win the championship and Tmac makes mvp at [ 30 ppg . 6 rpg. 5 apg] .. then u can talk about over rated players, right now you look like a 7 year old who doesnt know who larry bird is ...

wwwhat
07-23-2008, 04:01 PM

Do you also happen to think that Michael Jordan is over-rated? You know...just because he lead his team to 6 championships and won league MVP 5 times, he still can't be as good as T-Mac and Yao...right?

The83rdWonder
07-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Only thing that's "overrated" about AI, is his stats, unless you adjust it the Nuggets' pace league average, but I'd rather use the term inflated. He still plays with passion, drives when he has to, and makes that nice fade-away 12 footer.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-23-2008, 04:07 PM

WHat are U talKING ABout? How is he overated?.. People dont even put him in top 5 in shooting guard.. when hes putting up liek liek the 3rd best numbers for all guards?.. I think he is 5 th in all time active players ppg scoring list... HOW is he overated?... TEll ME? He put up better numbers than TmAC LASt year.. with a lot less help for a worser team..HEs been putting up better numbers than tMAC THE last 3 years in NJ.. and earlier in his carer.. But yet.. NO one even considers carter a top 20 player anymore.. Which he is.. They say hes not top 5 SG.. cmon he IS UNDERRATED Now if anything.. How is tmac rated higher than carter?... CARTER HAS BETTER NUMBERS THAN TMAC.. and AT LEAST HAS BEEN OUT OF THE 1st ROUND.. PLZ... Hes hated and underated...
AND Trust im a NETs fans.. hes done a lot for the nets.. He took the team that was suppose to be the wrost team in the league.. and turned them into a playoff team by averaging like 32 6 and 6 for like a two week span to get them in... We went to teh playoffs twice.. So its not liek hes a loser.. Only last year we didnt make it.. and He was REALLY hurt.. HE has done a Lot for The NEts.. I;m tellin u that as a NETs fan

overrated:

RAY ALLEn
TMAC
Rasheed Wallace
Tayshaun Prince
Richard Jefferson

J2E
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
the only thing overrated about dwight is his offensive game. but i dont think its that overrated. yea he does get his points mainly off dunks and put backs but he is indeed putting up the numbers and isnt that the point. if hes efficient or able to get to the rim at will to get those points then why knock on his offensive game. if he does develop a midrange jumper its over for anyone that goes up against him. cuz he already has the D
yao i dont think is overrated i think he is good. yea he does have the height as an advantage. but what player wouldnt utilize there body as an advantage. he does have good shot. and can play D

uptownfan
07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Anderson Varejao.

dre1990
07-23-2008, 04:15 PM
For me it would be

Dwight Howard
Chris Bosh

i dont thimk any of them are over, or under rated

my choices are,Steve nash,and Josh howard

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-23-2008, 04:21 PM

HOnestly you guys are giving him a rep that he had toronto.. He made a mistake in teh past.. its gone .. that was four years ago.. He has changed since then.. I have watched almost every nets game.. and never has vince carter not given it 100% from what i See. I Don't kno why people keep giving him that titly.. OF being lazy and not trying.. He has a lot of heart. and always compete.. Hes the only reason ever competeted the last three years... Without him.. we would have never made the playoffs two years in a row.. b4 this.. He saved this team... HE played with so much heart the first season he came here... He led us from alst place to playoffs... It was amazing.. I just wish people would watch him play.. and true nets fans themselves IF VINCE Carter has been lazy.. or given up.. He not only does stuff on court but takes initiative off the court as well to help his teamates out.. JUST b/c he is not selfish.. people take his unselfishness as a lack of effort or heart.. Its just not far..He may shoot more jump shots than he did when he was in toRonto.. but hes 10 year older now .. Hes not going to be able to go out there and attack the rim every position.. IF the defense is giving him his shot... Then hes going to take it.. cause actually a very udnerated shooter.. Look at the percentages.. Him and kobe have thw two best overall percentages from three poitn land and Fg% the last 4 years..If a defense is forcing you to shoot.. and giving u the shot.. and u can shoot.. Then why not?... And he still attacks when its there.. He doesnt force things.And from what ive seen from him .. for the last three years .. he does want to win a championship.. As a team .. He cant do it byhimself... He does really want to win.. He just hasnt had the luck to play with great players as other have.. Wade had a great big man in shaq... Tmac has yao... kobe had shaq and gasol.... penny had shaq.. pierce had Kg........
Hes never had the chance to paly with a great big man.. all he got to play with was a washed up Jkidd.. who was good.. but carter helped turn his career around...

I'm not saying Vince is the bes tplaye ron the planet.. But he is a very good player.. One of the best in NBA... He is not overated.. No one gives him credit anymore.. hes not even considered top 5 sg.. when he puts up better numbers than most of them.. only kobe.. wade.. and AI... have better numbers and have done more.. Vince is def 4th... but people but tmac.. ray allen.. paul pierce over... him I just dont see it

CARTer has better career numbres.. more wins..a nd has gone further in the playoffs > tmac.. not as good numbers.. hasnt been out of the playoffs

Tmac is overated.. Ray allen is overated.... Those people are if they ar eplaced b4 carter

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 04:22 PM
WHat are U talKING ABout? How is he overated?.. People dont even put him in top 5 in shooting guard.. when hes putting up liek liek the 3rd best numbers for all guards?.. I think he is 5 th in all time active players ppg scoring list... HOW is he overated?... TEll ME? He put up better numbers than TmAC LASt year.. with a lot less help for a worser team..HEs been putting up better numbers than tMAC THE last 3 years in NJ.. and earlier in his carer.. But yet.. NO one even considers carter a top 20 player anymore.. Which he is.. They say hes not top 5 SG.. cmon he IS UNDERRATED Now if anything.. How is tmac rated higher than carter?... CARTER HAS BETTER NUMBERS THAN TMAC.. and AT LEAST HAS BEEN OUT OF THE 1st ROUND.. PLZ... Hes hated and underated...
AND Trust im a NETs fans.. hes done a lot for the nets.. He took the team that was suppose to be the wrost team in the league.. and turned them into a playoff team by averaging like 32 6 and 6 for like a two week span to get them in... We went to teh playoffs twice.. So its not liek hes a loser.. Only last year we didnt make it.. and He was REALLY hurt.. HE has done a Lot for The NEts.. I;m tellin u that as a NETs fan

overrated:

RAY ALLEn
TMAC
Rasheed Wallace
Tayshaun Prince
Richard Jefferson

we settled the VC thing on page 11 so thats over with, but as far as your list...how is tayshaun over rated at all? chauncey...sure, rip, i think so, but tayshaun? what cant he do and what has he done to be over rated?

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Dwight... yao.. are not overated.. neither is bosh.. or Ai...They're all great players and get the respect they deserve.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 04:24 PM
i dont thimk any of them are over, or under rated

my choices are,Steve nash,and Josh howard

i can definately agree w those 2

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-23-2008, 04:28 PM
I do think PRinc eis overated.. I mean dont get me wrong.. his defensive game is one of the best in the game.. and hes a good quality player.. but a lot of people consider his one of the top sf's in the game... He gets all star consideration every year... But i think he has as great of an offensive game as people giv ehim credit for.. He has never averaged more than 15 ppg in his career... I mean he is a very good player.. But people consider him on shawn marion, ron artest level... when he is not close to it at all... I dont kno what do u think? Hes the only piston that is untouchable... His trade value is so high.. its unbelievable.. The names that were mentioned with his name in trades have benn crazy...

Crunchy12489
07-23-2008, 04:31 PM

Hater.

Grow up man.

If you are mentioned in the HOF you aren't overrated. You have obviously done something to have your name thrown in the mix with the legends, correct?

Let's take a look at people who were inducted into the HOF. MJ, Frazier, Ewing, Zeke, Magic Johnson, Stilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Stockton, etc...

None of these guys are overrated...

You are just on your hater mode and you just can't stand to see someone you don't like achieve something... Like I said grow up and you need to learn to respect people's games. Just because you don't like the man, don't discredit him. I admit I'm not much of a Kobe Bryant fan, but I will admit he's the best player in the league now and his game is outrageous. I respect the hell out of his game. You should do the same with the answer, instead of just hating on him because he's what, a ball hog? No, he's the highest assisting SG in the league. He's got more assists than the MVP. Is it because he's a thug? He has kids and he's 33, he's too old for that now. Let me direct you to his achievements and awards real fast, hater....

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/allen_iverson/bio.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Iverson

Maybe you should do a little reading there hater.

Get off your hate-mode. Look at his life, then look at yours. I'm done.

ugadawgsfan17
07-23-2008, 04:36 PM

Considering he's not on the team anymore...Anyway, he at least led them to finals at one point

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I do think PRinc eis overated.. I mean dont get me wrong.. his defensive game is one of the best in the game.. and hes a good quality player.. but a lot of people consider his one of the top sf's in the game... He gets all star consideration every year... But i think he has as great of an offensive game as people giv ehim credit for.. He has never averaged more than 15 ppg in his career... I mean he is a very good player.. But people consider him on shawn marion, ron artest level... when he is not close to it at all... I dont kno what do u think? Hes the only piston that is untouchable... His trade value is so high.. its unbelievable.. The names that were mentioned with his name in trades have benn crazy...

the only untouchable is stuckey. but i mean price's offensive game is solid. its just not his role to score. his role is shooting 3's and getting hustle and slashing points. nobody on the team scores a lot. their leading scorer averages like 18 points per. thats by design. i dont recall but i think it was rip that was out in the beginning of the year and he was dropping big numbers because it became his role. with that being said, for him to limit himself to better his team, thats even more of a reason to want him IMO

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-23-2008, 04:48 PM
the only untouchable is stuckey. but i mean price's offensive game is solid. its just not his role to score. his role is shooting 3's and getting hustle and slashing points. nobody on the team scores a lot. their leading scorer averages like 18 points per. thats by design. i dont recall but i think it was rip that was out in the beginning of the year and he was dropping big numbers because it became his role. with that being said, for him to limit himself to better his team, thats even more of a reason to want him IMO

ahh .. yea i guess ur right.. The scoring on the team is well distributed on that team....But i still wouldnt put him in the same category as the matrix.. and artest Like many other people do.. Otherwise Hes a quality player... I would like to see him become a better rebounder with those logn arms.. BUt hes good...

durqtitan
07-23-2008, 05:05 PM
1. Ricky Davis - all i can remember from this guy is when he said he was more important to the Cavs than Lebron and when he shot the ball at his own goal to get his 10th rebound for a triple double.

2.Rasheed Wallace - He could be a super star but he takes the team thing way to far. The guy could get 20 and 10, but his avg is 13 and 6 thats pretty much on par with Troy Murphy

3.Shaq - I'm sorry but this ship sailed long ago. He's old, slow, and his ego is more entertaining then his basketball. He won't be Steve Kerr's white knight, he's just a 300 pound square peg trying to fit in a round hole.

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Hater.

Grow up man.

If you are mentioned in the HOF you aren't overrated. You have obviously done something to have your name thrown in the mix with the legends, correct?

Let's take a look at people who were inducted into the HOF. MJ, Frazier, Ewing, Zeke, Magic Johnson, Stilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Stockton, etc...

None of these guys are overrated...

You are just on your hater mode and you just can't stand to see someone you don't like achieve something... Like I said grow up and you need to learn to respect people's games. Just because you don't like the man, don't discredit him. I admit I'm not much of a Kobe Bryant fan, but I will admit he's the best player in the league now and his game is outrageous. I respect the hell out of his game. You should do the same with the answer, instead of just hating on him because he's what, a ball hog? No, he's the highest assisting SG in the league. He's got more assists than the MVP. Is it because he's a thug? He has kids and he's 33, he's too old for that now. Let me direct you to his achievements and awards real fast, hater....

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/allen_iverson/bio.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Iverson

Maybe you should do a little reading there hater.

Get off your hate-mode. Look at his life, then look at yours. I'm done.

:rimshot:

ewells20
07-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey just wondering but the top Centers in the league are

Dwight Howard
Yao Ming
Chris Kaman
Marcus Camby
Shaquille O'Neal
Tyson Chandler
Andres Biendrins

....So aside from Ming TMac02 why don't you tell me again why Dwight isn't the best center in the league over these guys?

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Yao is better end of story dummy.

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Yao is better end of story dummy.

Dwight is better then Yao. Im sorry but get off of his ****..

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Dwight is better then Yao. Im sorry but get off of his ****..
I'm sorry Yao > Dwight and Iverson is overrated
Discussion over
Carry on.

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm sorry Yao > Dwight and Iverson is overrated
Discussion over
Carry on.
:bla:

You never back it up, All you do is say that Yao is better and go Because im a Rockets fan..Your ridiculous..Allen Iverson is one of the Best Shooting Guards of ALL TIME.

Im wondering on how your not banned yet? We all know who you are...

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 06:54 PM

You never back it up, All you do is say that Yao is better and go Because im a Rockets fan..Your ridiculous..Allen Iverson is one of the Best Shooting Guards of ALL TIME.

Im wondering on how your not banned yet? We all know who you are..
K here's my backup moron
Here are the many reasons of why Yao Ming is better than Dwight Howard.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9590/yaomingdunksoverdwighthao2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

For One, Yao Ming just destroys Dwight Howard when they go up head to head and play each other, here are the stats.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h...mp;p2=howardw01
So as you see

So as you see, Dwight struggles very often against Yao Ming, and Yao doubles Dwight's averages in points and blocks and is a much better passer and a shooter/scorer.

I'd also like to mention the B.S of Yao not being out of the 1st round and how that does not affect the fact that he is no longer a better player against Dwight Howard.

Dwight Howard played against the Toronto Raptors a very soft interior defense who only has one true Center of Rasho, and that is very hard on him especially since he isn't a "great" defender himself and cannot take him on himself the entire game so they needed Bosh to play on him and Rasho didn't play on him that often anyways. So, as you see that Dwight had an easy matchup against the Raptors, he struggled a lot against the Detroit Pistons, simply because they are too good of a defensivey team so they really gave Dwight a hard time even though they played him 1 on 1 because Dwight is not that skilled of a player.

Now i'd like to mention that Yao is not a choker, because he has simply done pretty good in the playoffs his teammates just have not helped win the series, same with T-Mac,
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?...=pg&split=0
Here are the Stats Yao averaged against the Jazz last year:
25.1 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 44 FG%, although the FG% doesn't look good, he did help win Game 1 against the Jazz, because he was the only player scoring at all in that game, T-Mac didn't get it going then.
Many people said that yao was the reason why they lost to the Jazz because of his defensive problems which is not the case, because the Rockets failed to make it out of the 1st round this year with a better bench and Yao out, that obviously showed that Yao is very useful and a very very good interior scorer. Boozer actually had his worst playoffs series stats against the Rockets then he did against any other team that year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?...pg&split=10
Boozer's Stats against the Rockets:
24.6 PPG, 11 RPG, 50 FG%
Boozer's stats against the Warriors:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?...=pg&split=9
24.2 PPG, 14 RPG, 60 FG%
Boozer's Stats against the Spurs
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?...pg&split=24
21.4 PPG, 12 RPG, 52.9 FG%

So as you say that Boozer shot the worse against the rockets and Yao and that Yao is not a bad defender he just didn't defend him as good as other possibly players possibly could but he really did dominate against other teams like the Spurs and the Warriors

Now, I'd like to show you the stats that Yao has had against the Mavericks and the Lakers which were his other 2 playoff teams he has played against
Yao's stats vs the Mavericks
21.4 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 65 FG%
Yao's Stats vs Lakers ( With Steve Francis)
15 PPG, 7.4 RPG, 45.6 FG%
You must remember that Yao played against the prime shaq that year and that Yao also dominated Shaq in the regular season before that as well.

I'd now also like to mention that Yao has much much much more skill than Dwight will probably ever have in his entire career, Yao can be relyed on in the high post or low post, Dwight? Not so much, I def would not trust his passing ability or his shooting ability to play in the high post... Yao you can def trust him on there because he can do either one and he is very good and underrated at passing.

Now for Defense, all of you do realize that Dwight is a better OVERALL defender, which i agree with however, I do not believe that Dwight is a better Man-to-man defender which is different because as a big man you would rather have an interior shot blocker all over the place, but if you are a wing player you would rather have a man-to-man perimeter guy.
The Rockets are 2nd Place in FG% allowed, behind the Boston Celtics, and that is def not a conscience that Yao is also the center and that he sucks on defense, because that is completely wrong, Yao is an above average defender and possibly elite if he weren't hurt all the time. There have been many quotes saying that Yao is a very good defender by Hakeem Olajuwon, Dikembe Mutombo and Phil Jackson here they are.

http://www.yaomingmania.com/blog/2007/05/2...-todays-workout

"Yao Ming is very, very intelligent and also very diligent. He is not only good in offense, he is also outstanding in defense. There had not been in the whole NBA history to have such a big guy like him that is so balanced in both offense and defense." http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?rls...0260&lid=10

"If I was Curry, I would not challenge Yao," Rockets center Dikembe Mutombo said. "I would not challenge Yao and get that ball blocked. That was just embarrassing. He was trying to get himself on Sportscenter." ?Deke
Tenacious defense

Yao Ming switched to defend New Orleans forward David West late in the game and forced West to shoot over him.

West missed all eight of his shots when defended by Yao.
"I tried to keep him from scoring," Yao said. "You cannot allow him to keep making shots and shots and shots. When I started guarding him he wasn't able to get the pick-and-roll in the post. He had to shoot from further (out).
http://www.82games.com/nichols2.htm
Here are stats that also prove that Yao is a very good defender himself as well.

Now i'd like to mention the +/- of the defense of Yao and Dwight
http://www.82games.com/0708/07HOU21D.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0708/07ORL16D.HTM
When Yao is off the court they are -0.8 Net which means they are worse with him off the court
and for Dwight when he is off the court they are +3.4 net which means they are better w/o him on the court.

Those stats also counted when Yao was injuried and not playing at all with Deke starting. http://www.82games.com/0708/07HOU21A.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0708/07ORL16A.HTM

Now i'd also like to mention more of the offense, as you see
Yao attempts 48% Jumpers and makes it 38% of the time, shoots 39% close shots and makes it 55% of the time
For Dwight, he attempts 16% jumpers and makes it 24% of the time which is very low and when he shoots 52% close shots and makes it only 52% of the time, close shots are usually like 5 ft and within or maybe 6 ft, but as you see Yao is a better finisher when it comes to layups and creating his own shots which shows that Yao is a better scorer by alot

Now here are the clutch stats
http://www.82games.com/0708/07HOU21E.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0708/07ORL16E.HTM
Yao scores 36.8 PPG per48 minute in clutch time which are usually 4th quarter or OT which is very good, he also has a better rebounding rate then dwight in the clutch
Dwight scores, 13.8 PPG per48 minute in the clutch so his stats are clearly non-existant, so as you see Yao is also a much more clutch player than Dwight Howard is.

So as you see Yao > Dwight

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 06:56 PM
K here's my backup moron

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9590/yaomingdunksoverdwighthao2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

For One, Yao Ming just destroys Dwight Howard when they go up head to head and play each other, here are the stats.
So as you see

So as you see, Dwight struggles very often against Yao Ming, and Yao doubles Dwight's averages in points and blocks and is a much better passer and a shooter/scorer.

I'd also like to mention the B.S of Yao not being out of the 1st round and how that does not affect the fact that he is no longer a better player against Dwight Howard.

Dwight Howard played against the Toronto Raptors a very soft interior defense who only has one true Center of Rasho, and that is very hard on him especially since he isn't a "great" defender himself and cannot take him on himself the entire game so they needed Bosh to play on him and Rasho didn't play on him that often anyways. So, as you see that Dwight had an easy matchup against the Raptors, he struggled a lot against the Detroit Pistons, simply because they are too good of a defensivey team so they really gave Dwight a hard time even though they played him 1 on 1 because Dwight is not that skilled of a player.

Now i'd like to mention that Yao is not a choker, because he has simply done pretty good in the playoffs his teammates just have not helped win the series, same with T-Mac,
25.1 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 44 FG%, although the FG% doesn't look good, he did help win Game 1 against the Jazz, because he was the only player scoring at all in that game, T-Mac didn't get it going then.
Many people said that yao was the reason why they lost to the Jazz because of his defensive problems which is not the case, because the Rockets failed to make it out of the 1st round this year with a better bench and Yao out, that obviously showed that Yao is very useful and a very very good interior scorer. Boozer actually had his worst playoffs series stats against the Rockets then he did against any other team that year.

24.6 PPG, 11 RPG, 50 FG%
24.2 PPG, 14 RPG, 60 FG%

So as you say that Boozer shot the worse against the rockets and Yao and that Yao is not a bad defender he just didn't defend him as good as other possibly players possibly could but he really did dominate against other teams like the Spurs and the Warriors

Now, I'd like to show you the stats that Yao has had against the Mavericks and the Lakers which were his other 2 playoff teams he has played against
You must remember that Yao played against the prime shaq that year and that Yao also dominated Shaq in the regular season before that as well.

I'd now also like to mention that Yao has much much much more skill than Dwight will probably ever have in his entire career, Yao can be relyed on in the high post or low post, Dwight? Not so much, I def would not trust his passing ability or his shooting ability to play in the high post... Yao you can def trust him on there because he can do either one and he is very good and underrated at passing.

Now for Defense, all of you do realize that Dwight is a better OVERALL defender, which i agree with however, I do not believe that Dwight is a better Man-to-man defender which is different because as a big man you would rather have an interior shot blocker all over the place, but if you are a wing player you would rather have a man-to-man perimeter guy.
The Rockets are 2nd Place in FG% allowed, behind the Boston Celtics, and that is def not a conscience that Yao is also the center and that he sucks on defense, because that is completely wrong, Yao is an above average defender and possibly elite if he weren't hurt all the time. There have been many quotes saying that Yao is a very good defender by Hakeem Olajuwon, Dikembe Mutombo and Phil Jackson here they are.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?rls...0260&lid=10
Tenacious defense

Here are stats that also prove that Yao is a very good defender himself as well.

When Yao is off the court they are -0.8 Net which means they are worse with him off the court
and for Dwight when he is off the court they are +3.4 net which means they are better w/o him on the court.

Those stats also counted when Yao was injuried and not playing at all with Deke starting. http://www.82games.com/0708/07HOU21A.HTM

Yao attempts 48% Jumpers and makes it 38% of the time, shoots 39% close shots and makes it 55% of the time
For Dwight, he attempts 16% jumpers and makes it 24% of the time which is very low and when he shoots 52% close shots and makes it only 52% of the time, close shots are usually like 5 ft and within or maybe 6 ft, but as you see Yao is a better finisher when it comes to layups and creating his own shots which shows that Yao is a better scorer by alot

Yao scores 36.8 PPG per48 minute in clutch time which are usually 4th quarter or OT which is very good, he also has a better rebounding rate then dwight in the clutch
Dwight scores, 13.8 PPG per48 minute in the clutch so his stats are clearly non-existant, so as you see Yao is also a much more clutch player than Dwight Howard is.

Yao Gets HURT All the Time. No way that hes the best Center in the NBA. I love how you put on picture of when Howard dosnt pack Yaos ishh

Dwight 20/15, Hes not SOFT at all.

Yao 22/10, I'd take the Tough Center over the soft one all the time. I'd also take the Rebounding over two extra points.

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 06:59 PM
No backup at all
Yao > Dwight
End of your life, end of your dreams, and end of your life mainly.

Back to the topic

Dwight is overrated and so is Iverson's career

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 07:02 PM
No backup at all
Yao > Dwight
End of your life, end of your dreams, and end of your life mainly.

Back to the topic

Dwight is overrated and so is Iverson's career

If I had a week I could come with a Giant Book on How Yao isnt the Best Center in the League and How Dwight is. The reason I dont have any backup is because im not a loser and I dont write up a whole long thing about Yao Ming. Seriously is that what you do with your life? End of my Life? End of my Dreams? and End of your life Mainly? Are you kidding me? This is a NBA Fourm on PSD. I could care less if you write up a 20 page Essay on how Yao is better then Dwight. Dwight has a bigger Impact on the game then Yao. Dwight is always Triple Covered and Double Covered. They cant do that with Yao because he is always hurt. Im actually not shocked that you would take the time to do all that.

How is Iverson overrated? Huh?

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 07:04 PM
LOL, Sorry Yao is better than Dwight, and you've been at this thread all day, sorry Yao > Dwight and Iverson is overrated, so get back to the subject you weirdo

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 07:07 PM
LOL, Sorry Yao is better than Dwight, and you've been at this thread all day, sorry Yao > Dwight and Iverson is overrated, so get back to the subject you weirdo

I havent been in here all day? I checked this thread three times..What do you do with your life? You were here all day and saying Yao over Dwight Yao over Dwight. Jump off the sack man?

Tell me how Allen Iverson is overrated??? HUH?

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 07:08 PM
as long as you're leaving i don't care oh and cryverson is overrated, anyways
Dwight is overrated.

ragee
07-23-2008, 08:56 PM
HOnestly you guys are giving him a rep that he had toronto.. He made a mistake in teh past.. its gone .. that was four years ago.. He has changed since then.. I have watched almost every nets game.. and never has vince carter not given it 100% from what i See. I Don't kno why people keep giving him that titly.. OF being lazy and not trying.. He has a lot of heart. and always compete.. Hes the only reason ever competeted the last three years... Without him.. we would have never made the playoffs two years in a row.. b4 this.. He saved this team... HE played with so much heart the first season he came here... He led us from alst place to playoffs... It was amazing.. I just wish people would watch him play.. and true nets fans themselves IF VINCE Carter has been lazy.. or given up.. He not only does stuff on court but takes initiative off the court as well to help his teamates out.. JUST b/c he is not selfish.. people take his unselfishness as a lack of effort or heart.. Its just not far..He may shoot more jump shots than he did when he was in toRonto.. but hes 10 year older now .. Hes not going to be able to go out there and attack the rim every position.. IF the defense is giving him his shot... Then hes going to take it.. cause actually a very udnerated shooter.. Look at the percentages.. Him and kobe have thw two best overall percentages from three poitn land and Fg% the last 4 years..If a defense is forcing you to shoot.. and giving u the shot.. and u can shoot.. Then why not?... And he still attacks when its there.. He doesnt force things.And from what ive seen from him .. for the last three years .. he does want to win a championship.. As a team .. He cant do it byhimself... He does really want to win.. He just hasnt had the luck to play with great players as other have.. Wade had a great big man in shaq... Tmac has yao... kobe had shaq and gasol.... penny had shaq.. pierce had Kg........
Hes never had the chance to paly with a great big man.. all he got to play with was a washed up Jkidd.. who was good.. but carter helped turn his career around...

I'm not saying Vince is the bes tplaye ron the planet.. But he is a very good player.. One of the best in NBA... He is not overated.. No one gives him credit anymore.. hes not even considered top 5 sg.. when he puts up better numbers than most of them.. only kobe.. wade.. and AI... have better numbers and have done more.. Vince is def 4th... but people but tmac.. ray allen.. paul pierce over... him I just dont see it

CARTer has better career numbres.. more wins..a nd has gone further in the playoffs > tmac.. not as good numbers.. hasnt been out of the playoffs

Tmac is overated.. Ray allen is overated.... Those people are if they ar eplaced b4 carter

Dude, Kidd was the reason why they went to the playoffs... I was not talking about the VC from Toronto.... I was talking about the Carter of today... The one who got his extension... If what you are saying is true, why do the nets want to trade him so badly? And why do teams don't want anything to do with him?

PhillyLuver
07-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh my god, I don't think I've met a poster I like less than you.

Are you Yao? Seriously? Get over it.

Dwight isn't overrated, you're sooo ridiculous. Why do you make it your life goal to try and prove Yao is better than Howard? I really don't get you.

Wade3
07-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Neither is over rated there both good players but serioulsy every time you open a thread the name Yao Ming is brought up by you and you end up arguing about him with another user.

ewells20
07-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Dwight has lived up to expectations and eventually one day will surpass any, I don't call that overrated I call that living up to your name...When any team would kill to have you and dreads seeing you on the other side of the court. When you can put up 40 and 20 without having the best offensive game... There is no overrated all you have spatted out was Yao Ming's numbers. It's not about Ming, I'm not here to knock on him....I'm just saying do you even watch the NBA. There is not a player quite like Howard, he is a man beast and he isn't even in the prime of his career yet.

So maybe before we call someone something maybe have a little facts to back it up instead of spitting out someone else's numbers and say because he's better, one guy must be overrated.

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 09:43 PM
as long as you're leaving i don't care oh and cryverson is overrated, anyways
Dwight is overrated.

You still have not told me how Allen Iverson is overrated? Having more Passion then anyone every to play the game makes him Overrated? Your totally :crazy: You dont know anything about basketball too.

Dwight is not overrated if anything it's Hurt Yao Ming. Hes 7'6 and is the biggest softy

Nets fan 93
07-23-2008, 09:44 PM
K here's my backup moron

So as you see

24.6 PPG, 11 RPG, 50 FG%
24.2 PPG, 14 RPG, 60 FG%

Tenacious defense

:clap::clap:

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Nets Fan 93 How could you? :pity:

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 10:03 PM
You still have not told me how Allen Iverson is overrated? Having more Passion then anyone every to play the game makes him Overrated? Your totally :crazy: You dont know anything about basketball too.

Dwight is not overrated if anything it's Hurt Yao Ming. Hes 7'6 and is the biggest softy
Dwight is more soft on offense, End of Discussion Cryverson lover.

Wade3
07-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Dwight is an animal I didn't watch Magic games but every time I saw highlights of him he would get inside and dunk it.

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 10:13 PM

Come on little boy, Tell me how Allen Iverson is overrated? You keep being a ***** well lets go?

Did you really just say that Dwight is soft on offense? :laugh:

ragee
07-23-2008, 10:16 PM

Soft? Dude, Dwight's offense is composed mostly of dunks... He overpowers people to score... How can yo call that soft?! Hahahaha.... You are just like your Tmac... Saying things and guaranteeing things without based of biased opinions not on facts... Dwight is not overrated end of discussion...

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 10:21 PM
which is why Dwight can't overpower Yao to score right?
:clap:

sanfranfan1210
07-23-2008, 10:30 PM
I think Iverson is

ragee
07-23-2008, 10:31 PM
which is why Dwight can't overpower Yao to score right?
:clap:

Dude, a couple of games can't define a player's whole game? If that is your basis, I have seen Yao play some games where he just scored 10-14 pts... So does that mean his offense is inferior? Man, you have out done yourself... Dwight being soft is the most ******** thing I ever heard! Hahahaha

Spurred1
07-23-2008, 10:35 PM
:horse::pity:
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
This discussion keeps going around and around in the same circles. Someone is very obsessed with Yao. Yao is a really good player and all, but these Dwight vs. Yao threads are becoming horribly redundant. The threads all have different names, but they all somehow bash Dwight while praising Yao to the heavens. Anyone who feels differently is viewed as a ******-I thought this was a forum for discussion. Is it not?

ugadawgsfan17
07-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Who is this man and why haven't he and Yao gotten a room yet?

DQL
07-23-2008, 10:43 PM
man I can't post in this thread anymore b/c TmacYao2 is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ignorant and is a super ******* homer. I'm done here

Spurred1
07-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Who is this man and why haven't he and Yao gotten a room yet?
Because Yao's in China right now, preparing to dominate Dwight in the Olympics. :rolleyes:

ragee
07-23-2008, 10:48 PM
I think the right term for Dwight's offense is limited... Not soft... Dumb ***... He has limited post up plays and most of his points comes from dunks... That does not mean hi is inferior to other players because although limited, he can still put up big numbers... Now, let me ask you a question, why was Ben Wallace considered one of the top centers in the league when the Pistons won the championship? Can he even score? NO! That being said, what Big Bum was doing in that year, Dwight is doing last year... He may even did a better job... That is why he is a great player... Now, add his limited offense that can generate big numbers, that makes him (let me correct my statementin my first ost on this thread) the best center in the league... And your comment about Dwight can never surpass Yao in his whole career, I think he already did... Plus, Dwight is just 22 years old, he will still become better... Give him a couple of years and his offense will be a whole lot better... Also, saying that Yao is a better one on one defender is a complete joke...

Lastly, if you are going to defend your players because they have not won a single series using stats, Let me say that Iverson got stats way better than your so called best players in the league... Not just that, he also got his team to the finals with a roster that is so bad that when you ask people who was in that roster, the majority can only name AI and Mutomobo... If AI is overrated , so is your duo...

ragee
07-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Because Yao's in China right now, preparing to dominate Dwight in the Olympics. :rolleyes:

:laugh: Oh, and the USA team is soooo stupid!!! They did not get the best sg in the league! Tmac! They should have included him! I am sure he can guarantee another win! Just like what he did in Orlando and what he did in the Houston!
:laugh:

dawgsfan_45
07-23-2008, 11:01 PM
why the hell isnt this in the rockets forum?

Spurred1
07-23-2008, 11:03 PM
why the hell isnt this in the rockets forum?
Because in theory, it is supposed to be a comparison/listing of overrated players. Realistically, it is a Yao worship thread, which...well it should be in the Rockets forum.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 11:07 PM
K here's my backup moron

So as you see

24.6 PPG, 11 RPG, 50 FG%
24.2 PPG, 14 RPG, 60 FG%

Tenacious defense

i didnt read it all. but from what i gather you are comparing yao to a bunch of 6'11 n less ppl. its like playin against middle schoolers. your height and weight help no matter how unskilled you are. not clowning yao nor saying hes unskilled. but you cant compare heads up matche. dwight beasts everyone. maybe the extra 7 inches of height and probably a foot or more of length are too much for him... cuz i mean yao can stop david west the same way and hell lets throw jordan in cuz theyd all not be able to stop yao right? lets be real its about what they do against everyone else and yao doesnt dominate dwight. he gets the exact typical numbers. but the biggest proof that heads up means nothing is deron v chris paul...is cp3 a worse player because eron dominates him? no cp3 is better but deron has more height, is stronger, and is determined every tme they play as if he has something to prove. same deal. dwight cant over come nature but hes still all around better

SeoulBeatz
07-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Dear TmacYao2:

here is the argument to end all arguments.

You said Iverson is overrated. Sure, a lot of people say that. But if Iverson is overrated, then your boy Tmac must be overrated as well. Here is why...

STATS: career averages

Iverson: 27.7 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 6.3 apg, 2.3 spg, 0.2 bpg, .426% FG, .322% 3pt FG, .780% FT

McGrady: 22.4 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.9 bpg, .437% FG, .337% 3pt FG, .747% FT

Iverson played SG for the first 7 years of his career. Yes, that means he was guarded by TMac and Kobe, players 6-8 inches taller than him. And still put up a decent FG percentage.

Iverson has the 3rd highest ppg average behind only MJ and Wilt the Stilt.

if u wanna talk about heart... and playing through injuries..

Iverson has played 14+ more games per season than McGgrady for his career.

If u wanna talk about being a leader.....

Iverson and Mcgrady both spent 7+ seasons in the east.

During that time, McGrady never took his team to the second round of the playoffs.

Iverson took his team to the finals.

Both players were highly publicized in their primes but have fallen off recently due to the rise of younger stars.

So please tell me how you can say iverson is overrated but how your boy tmac isnt. even though he cant touch iverson in any categoy... heart, playoff performance, stats.

didn't think so ya homer.

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Finally Someone who knows something Beatz :cheer: He never told me how Allen Iverson is overrated.

ragee
07-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Dear TmacYao2:

You said Iverson is overrated. Sure, a lot of people say that. But if Iverson is overrated, then your boy Tmac must be overrated as well. Here is why...

Iverson: 27.7 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 6.3 apg, 2.3 spg, 0.2 bpg, .426% FG, .322% 3pt FG, .780% FT

McGrady: 22.4 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.9 bpg, .437% FG, .337% 3pt FG, .747% FT

Iverson played SG for the first 7 years of his career. Yes, that means he was guarded by TMac and Kobe, players 6-8 inches taller than him. And still put up a decent FG percentage.

During that time, McGrady never took his team to the second round of the playoffs.

Both players were highly publicized in their primes but have fallen off recently due to the rise of younger stars.

So please tell me how you can say iverson is overrated but how your boy tmac isnt. even though he cant touch iverson in any categoy... heart, playoff performance, stats.

Oh, man... Lets see what tmacyao2 has to say about this! Probably just, "iverson is overrated." Hahahhaa...

Spurred1
07-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Dear TmacYao2:

Great work, but it won't stop him from creating more crappy threads about Yao & T-Mac.

barreleffact
07-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Oh, man... Lets see what tmacyao2 has to say about this! Probably just, "iverson is overrated." Hahahhaa...

lol...so true. i wonder wat he'll say about tmac should the highly unlikely trade to detroit happns

TmacYao2
07-24-2008, 12:52 AM
Dear TmacYao2:

Show me the FGA as well, and no you are full of ****, Yao > Dwight, Iverson is overrated and a cancer.

T-Mac can work with anybody in the league.
Iverson? Not so much.

Westbrook36
07-24-2008, 01:18 AM
Show me the FGA as well, and no you are full of ****, Yao > Dwight, Iverson is overrated and a cancer.

Iverson? Not so much.

What are you talking about? When has Iverson had a good all around player? Melo pft? Hes a scorer but has NO DEFENSIVE GAME. Name one player where Iverson had who was good? Andre Iggy cant count because he was still really really young. He hasnt been with All-Around All Star EVER

Caner? HOW IS HE A CANCER? If anything it's Yao because he cant Finish his 82 Game Season and hurts the Rockets every year.

Dwight > Yao

PhillyLuver
07-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Can we have a ban for stupidity?

BigEric
07-24-2008, 01:37 AM
BACK TO THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED! The most overrated players are Gilbert Arenas and Carmelo Anthony.

PhillyLuver
07-24-2008, 01:39 AM
And the people with the stupidest personalities areee Gilbert Arenas and Carmelo Anthony.

Those are cancers. A.I. not so much

ragee
07-24-2008, 01:41 AM

Iverson? Not so much.

Where do you get all of these?! Dude, maybe you should try watching games other the the rockets'? It will give you an idea on what is really happening... So next time you say something, it is a fact and not a biased opinion...Your duo that you speak highly of is nothing more than just good players... They are not the top players in the league and the ones you are calling overrated are really the ones dominating...

FG %? FG% of tmac last year-41.9% career-43.7% AI last year-45.8% career-42.6%... Not much difference... Plus AI's % is going up... Tmac's is going down...

Why do you keep calling AI cancer? How can he be a cancer to a team? Dude, its not his fault they lost... The whole team gave up on defense! You want me to give an example of a cancer? It is a player who always gives his team false hopes... Always assuring them they are going to win it but the result is always the same... They get their butts kick over and over again... Something Tmac is really good at...

If you are saying AI is overrated, why was he able to take his team to the Finals? You are saying that your duo is the best? Tmac can' do it in Orlando... He can't even get passed the first round... Now, the best duo in the league is together in Houston... :rolleyes: What happened? Still first round exits... Yo are the one overrating your players!

Wade3
07-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Ill end this watch these videos of Dwight and Yao

Yao's Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvHZUXqkI4I

Dwight's Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmlDqPtHV-E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjaavAMiHnY "This one proves Dwight is not soft"

frizbo72
07-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Did I read a Tmac fan say cryverson earlier in this thread. How could a Tmac fan call someone else a crier. If im not mistaken he was the one crying last year after another 1st round boot. This year what a star he was, he put all the blame on his teammates and didnt act like an allstar by the way he keep putting them down. Talk about an overrated cancer. I would never want such a born LOSER on my team. Wait til next year when the duo of Yao and Tmac dont even make the playoffs. Then once again we'll see them big LOSER tears.

TmacYao2
07-24-2008, 12:01 PM
What are you talking about? When has Iverson had a good all around player? Melo pft? Hes a scorer but has NO DEFENSIVE GAME. Name one player where Iverson had who was good? Andre Iggy cant count because he was still really really young. He hasnt been with All-Around All Star EVER

Caner? HOW IS HE A CANCER? If anything it's Yao because he cant Finish his 82 Game Season and hurts the Rockets every year.

Dwight > Yao
Iverson is also a defensive liability himself.

oh and seoul, I thought you would like Yao too, because you are a gook.

BigEric
07-24-2008, 12:38 PM
And the people with the stupidest personalities areee Gilbert Arenas and Carmelo Anthony.

Those are cancers. A.I. not so much

So are you saying I have a stupid personality or Carmelo and Arenas do, a pretty confusing statement.

TmacYao2
07-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Ill end this watch these videos of Dwight and Yao

Yao's Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvHZUXqkI4I

Dwight's Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmlDqPtHV-E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjaavAMiHnY "This one proves Dwight is not soft"
According to your sources
Jerome James > Bill Russell because of this YouTube Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYfh1ryYY5Y

Westbrook36
07-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Iverson is also a defensive liability himself.

oh and seoul, I thought you would like Yao too, because you are a gook.

Hes a Cancer because hes not amazing at Defense? You dont know anything about basketball because hes a decent defender with quick quick arms for steals and can keep up with anyone in the league.

You dont know what your talking about..

Cancer = Not Amazing at Defense? Your ridiculous. Melo plays no Defense at all and the only player who played great Defense was Camby, Allen Iverson was the 2nd best Defender on the Nugggets

You make points and say nothing that is related to the point I made. You either go Yao>Dwight when Im not even talking about them Im talking about Allen Iverson or you go Allen Iverson is overrated period. GROW UP

TmacYao2
07-24-2008, 02:38 PM
What a joke, Iverson is a defensive liability he can't guard anybody, even Rafer **** all over him and outplayed him.

you homer.

Westbrook36
07-24-2008, 03:00 PM
DID YOU JUST CALL ME A HOMER? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? LOOK AT WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT YAO AND T-MAC YOU WANT TO MARRY THEM, IM NOT EVEN A NUGGETS FAN

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Iverson is fine at Defense he makes steals and is one of the best stealers in HISTORY.

ALL-TIME NBA STEALS LEADERS (SPG)

1. Alvin Robertson 2.71
2. Micheal Ray Richardson 2.63
3. Allen Iverson 2.35
3. Michael Jordan 2.35
5. Mookie Blaylock 2.33
6. Fat Lever 2.22
7. Slick Watts 2.20
8. John Stockton 2.17
9. Ron Artest 2.11
10. Maurice Cheeks 2.10
11. Jason Kidd 2.06
12. Clyde Drexler 2.03
13. Rick Barry 1.99
13. Gus Williams 1.99
15. Scottie Pippen 1.96
15. Johnny Moore 1.96
17. Ron Lee 1.94
17. Nate McMillan 1.94
19. Gary Payton 1.92
20. Magic Johnson 1.90
20. Isiah Thomas 1.90
20. Walt Frazier 1.90
23. Doug Christie 1.89
24. Baron Davis 1.87
25. Shawn Marion 1.86
25. Quinn Buckner 1.86
27. Mike Gale 1.85
27. Brevin Knight 1.85
29. Ray Williams 1.83
30. Eddie Jordan 1.82

Bolded it for you just in case you couldnt see :rolleyes:

Allen Iverson:Apr 13 vs. HOU W 111 - 94, 7 Rebounds 7 Assist 4 Steals 1 Block 33 Points

Rafer Alston:Apr 13 @ DEN L 94 2 Rebounds 1 Assist 2 Steals 0 Blocks 6 Points

Rafer Alston:Nov 24 vs. DEN W 1 Rebound 5 Assist 1 Steal 0 Blocks 5 Points

Allen Iverson:Nov 24 @ HOU L 81 3 Rebounds 0 Assist 2 Steals 0 Blocks 18 Points

Allen Iverson:Mar 02 @ HOU L 89 - 103 3 Rebounds 4 Assist 3 Steals 0 Blocks 17 Points

Rafer Alston:Mar 02 vs. DEN W 103 - 89 3 Rebounds 8 Assist 2 Steals 0 Blocks 16 Points.

Allen Iverson KILLED him

Spurred1
07-24-2008, 03:15 PM
This thread doesn't really seem to progressing very well...I do have to agree with the poster that said Gilbert Arenas is overrated. He can hit a lot of shots, but he launches way too many bad shots. The Wizards did better without him-he's an excellent player, but he is overrated-(mainly by himself.)

TmacYao2
07-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Steals don't mean anything on defense, Steals is one of the most overrated stats of all-time, only a few great defenders are good ball stealers, but Bowen isn't a good stealer,
Iverson>Bowen on defense

There's a reason why Barkley and Kenny Smith called Iverson one-dimensional on T.V

Spurred1
07-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Steals don't mean anything on defense, Steals is one of the most overrated stats of all-time, only a few great defenders are good ball stealers, but Bowen isn't a good stealer,
Iverson>Bowen on defense

There's a reason why Barkley and Kenny Smith called Iverson one-dimensional on T.V

Those two guys say a lot of crap about most NBA players-you surely MUST know that you take what they say with a grain of salt.

frizbo72
07-24-2008, 06:02 PM
I am glad you agree with Barkley, especially when he said that the Jazz are ten times the team that Houston is! That said your an idiot TmacYao2. Tmac is the most overrated player in the league and like you im not going to back that up with anything.

Westbrook36
07-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Iverson>Bowen on defense

Did I say ANYTHING About Bowen? I just showed you up little boy. ALLEN IVERSON KILLS RAFER ALSTON. What you going to say about that? I didnt even say Bowen wasnt good at Defense? Bowen is a better Defender but Allen Iverson is good at Defense and is a top 3 stealer of all time.

Is that why Barkley said Yao Ming gets Hurt all the time :rolleyes: And would not score over 19 points?

Your not even making any sence? Who said anything about Bowen? You just pull **** out of your ***.

GspLAL
07-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Im going with Gilbert Arenas and yes believe it or not Pau Gasol (call me a hater, not a true fan whatever). He cant create his own shot when theres a big body on him because hes just too skinny. Yes he played out of position for us but that doesnt mean he's not gonna go up against strong PF's.