PDA

View Full Version : This team lacks leadership..

astros1981
07-23-2008, 12:59 PM
I remember in the early 90's following the Astros.They were a bad team that gave alot of effort.This team I see today disgust me.Lee and Berkman need to do something to help get this team on track.The only effort I saw from Lee was when he had a chance to be voted in to the All-Stars.Since then I have seen Lee back to his old ways.I just feel as if these guys care more about personal goals over team goals.The Stros that I grew up watching lost alot of games,but at least they left it out on the field.These guys today just seem to be going through the motions without giving a crap about what us fans think.

lilboytwister99
07-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Ya know its funny because my wife even said one time and I quote "look at Berkman. He sure looks happy to be out on the field". Berkman sure does seem happy to be an Astro. But then again, look at Bagwell and Biggio. They played their hearts out for years, and never got anywhere besides the World Series in 2005 when they backed into it.

I mean look at where the team went wrong:

1) Gerry Hunsicker leaving
2) Tim Purpura signing
3) Not signing Beltran, which I blame Purpura for
4) Signing Carlos Lee to a $100 million contract (OVERPAID?!)
5) Showing Andy Pettitte the door when all you had to do was give him another $2 million.
6) The deal involving Taylor Bucholz, Jason Hirsch, and Willy Taveras falling through for Jon Garland and instead settling for Jason Jennings.
7) Signing Ed Wade as GM
8) Trading whats left of our minor league system and a few other decent players for Miguel Tejada
9) Trading Jason Lane and Morgan Ensberg to the Padres for CASH when you should have traded them in 2005 when they were worth something.
10) Trading Lidge and Bruntlett for Villarreal (whos now gone correct?), some other guy we turned around and traded again, and our new CF mr. Bourne
Should I even bother to go on? Thats what brought this team to the point where we stand at this moment. The Astros have always made ridiculous moves though.

Sad, sad day. And its my one yr anniversary for cryin out loud!

astros1981
07-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Ya know its funny because my wife even said one time and I quote "look at Berkman. He sure looks happy to be out on the field". Berkman sure does seem happy to be an Astro. But then again, look at Bagwell and Biggio. They played their hearts out for years, and never got anywhere besides the World Series in 2005 when they backed into it.

I mean look at where the team went wrong:

1) Gerry Hunsicker leaving
2) Tim Purpura signing
3) Not signing Beltran, which I blame Purpura for
4) Signing Carlos Lee to a $100 million contract (OVERPAID?!)
5) Showing Andy Pettitte the door when all you had to do was give him another $2 million.
6) The deal involving Taylor Bucholz, Jason Hirsch, and Willy Taveras falling through for Jon Garland and instead settling for Jason Jennings.
7) Signing Ed Wade as GM
8) Trading whats left of our minor league system and a few other decent players for Miguel Tejada
9) Trading Jason Lane and Morgan Ensberg to the Padres for CASH when you should have traded them in 2005 when they were worth something.
10) Trading Lidge and Bruntlett for Villarreal (whos now gone correct?), some other guy we turned around and traded again, and our new CF mr. Bourne
Should I even bother to go on? Thats what brought this team to the point where we stand at this moment. The Astros have always made ridiculous moves though.

Sad, sad day. And its my one yr anniversary for cryin out loud!

We traded Josh Anderson for Villarreal.We got Bourn and Costanzo for Lidge we evntually packaged Costanzo for the Tejada dude.

richardle9
07-23-2008, 06:04 PM
**** it i lead them and take them to the workd series

lawphin2
07-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Geary came with Bourn too