PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea- Harrington/ BWright for Josh Smith

BigWheel
07-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Possibly the best trade still available to improve our roster and put together a tough core of youngsters with talent at all positions.

It is clear the ATL is choking on themselves and will not be the playoff team of last year. It is also clear None of their top players want to stick there.

TRADE
Al Harrington at $9 mil per year
and
Brandan Wright at $2 mil per year

GET
Josh Smith in sign and trade at $12 per year

You have to give up to get. Yes BWright is exciting, but he is only half the player Josh Smith will be in both talents and body weight.

I like Brandan but the guy can not pass a basketball - ZERO assists in summer league... yikes.

W's roster would be:

pg- Monta, MWilliams, (CJ watson)
sg- Maggette, MEvans, Marco
sf- SJackson, A Randolph
PF- Josh Smith, R Hendrix
C- Biedrins, Turiaf, (Perovic)

We would still need a few bodies to fill the roster, but we would be near TWO deep and a team that would grow into A POWERHOUSE.

JLantern
07-23-2008, 12:40 PM
i would definitely do this. i'm starting to sour a little bit on brandan wright. i think he will be a solid player, but nothing more. if we can turn him into josh smith, i'm all aobut it. brandan wright just seems a little soft. he should be a lot more dominant in summer league, but hasnt been. lets move him for a budding star.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 12:46 PM
I Second That Trade We Would Be Dynomite

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 12:52 PM
How about Harrington and B.Wright for Boozer.

JLantern
07-23-2008, 12:55 PM
for some reason i'd rather have smith. more athletic and doesnt disappear in pressure situations like boozer did this year in the playoffs.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I Would Welcome That Trade But Lets Be Serious Due You Really Think That Utah Would Give Up Boozer?

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
I Would Welcome That Trade But Lets Be Serious Due You Really Think That Utah Would Give Up Boozer?

Boozer is a free agent next off-season, and if he doesn't sign an extension by the deadline, Utah may look to shop him if Millsap shows starter ability. In fact Deron Williams took a short deal because he doesn't want to be in Utah long term because there's a big chance he becomes a free agent.

Do I think they shop him now? No.

But remember, this is a guy who followed the money instead of playing for Lebron James.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Okay What You Some Sense But Yet & Still That Dream Trade Aint Gonna Happend They Thats They're Trying To Trade Kirelinko So They Can Give Boozer The Money Plus Josh Would Be A Much Better Fit

Wheels
07-23-2008, 01:23 PM

In the event Utah did decide to trade Boozer I believe they would target a team in a another conference. Golden State would be one of the last trading partners they would consider unless they believe they could get GS to give up significantly more than they got.

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
^ Very true. It would be ironic if he gets traded back to Cleveland for expiring and JJ Hickson.

Not sure who else will have room in the East. They could do Boozer for Okafor.

All I know is that Boozer is going to opt out, and they have to extend him, trade him, or let him walk. Utah will be over the cap, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-23-2008, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't lose any sleep if we did this. This would benefit both teams and the warriors would look better on paper. Somebody quick, tell Mully to pull the trigger. LOL

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Yes For Real Get A Hold Of Nellie Somebody Tell Him To Get Mullin To Make This Trade