PDA

View Full Version : Best Regular Season Game this decade?

SHONIE
07-23-2008, 11:06 AM
What was the best regular season game that you've seen this decade?

Top two for me would be Kobe scoring 81, and the Mavs-Suns game that went to double OT.

travesy3
07-23-2008, 11:14 AM
For me that 81 game was amazing(Watching as a Raps fan albeit) but really, the most I have ever been into a game(series really). Was the Sixers-Raps series, that went 7 and came to the final shot. My heart stops just thinking about it, I was just a kid, and that game basically broke our franchise down, we were never the same, but now we are back(I hope). Or that game when LBJ took over and destroyed the Pistons on his own in double OT or what ever, I had an exam/test the next day but I stayed up all night watching that game.

lakers4sho
07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
suns-hornets went to double (??) OT and Stojackovic hit the game winner

lakers4sho
07-23-2008, 11:27 AM
lakers-blazers 04 Kobe hit the game tying shot in regulation and hit the game winning 3 in overtime

JordansBulls
07-23-2008, 12:27 PM
It has to be a back and forth game. Suns vs Nets was good. Lakers vs Blazers was incredible because it determined playoff seeding as it was the last day of the regular season.

Baller1
07-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I'll go with the video in my sig. Obviously it means nothing to anyone besides Seattle fans... but it's my personal favorite.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mp4lAafmZFA&feature=related

Crunchy12489
07-23-2008, 01:18 PM
76ers beat the bulls 106-96 in 1998.

fresh prince
07-23-2008, 01:41 PM
81...It was one of those games you tune in for just because watching your team (for me the Lakers) is a ritual. Wasn't really to excited about a Lakers vs. Raps game in January. And then boom it happen.

Its like when you go into a movie without much expectation and it turns out to be great. (Hancock)

24>23
07-23-2008, 02:14 PM
81...It was one of those games you tune in for just because watching your team (for me the Lakers) is a ritual. Wasn't really to excited about a Lakers vs. Raps game in January. And then boom it happen.

Its like when you go into a movie without much expectation and it turns out to be great. (Hancock)

I agree. I had fallen asleep early by mistake that night, but woke up right at the start of the 4th quarter. I had to wipe my eyes and get myself together to make sure I wasn't still sleeping!!

Beno7500
07-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Any 2002 Kings game

lakerboy
07-23-2008, 02:41 PM
I actually liked the 63 against Dal more than the 81.

Any torrents link out there?

OUfan4life15
07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
How about the Rockets vs Spurs game? The one where Tmac scored like 13 points in the final minute, as well as stealing the ball and hitting the game winning 3 with less then a second left. Couldn't believe my eyes when I was watching that game.

I also like the Dallas/Suns double OT game, but the Rockets/Spurs was my favorite regulation game.

BYBLOS88
07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
i personally really liked the game this year suns vs lakers, shaq first game with the suns and not his first but pau being on the lakers. that was a back and forth game the whole time, i got really into it and the lakers ended up winning! woohoo!!

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Heat vs Dallas in final when the heat came back from 16 down with 5 mins left to win it because of wade.

MOHA
07-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Lakers vs Suns in The 06 Playoffs Kobe's Game winning Shot at The Buzzer.

fresh prince
07-23-2008, 03:23 PM
i personally really liked the game this year suns vs lakers, shaq first game with the suns and not his first but pau being on the lakers. that was a back and forth game the whole time, i got really into it and the lakers ended up winning! woohoo!!

Good call...Great Game and lots of hype. Also hooked up with a hottie that same night..

That was def the best reg. season game of last year

midwestmadman
07-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Regular Season Game:
Washington Wizards V. L.A. Lakers in 2004 (Jordan's final go around) in the closing seconds of the game Wizards trailed by 1 pt. The inbound came out to MJ (who else) who finds Jerry Stackhouse wide open behind the 3 point line. A Laker Defender jumps out at him (I think it was Horry) falls for the pump fake and leaves Stackhouse to drive to the rim for a dunk right as the game time expired. Wizards win at home over the Champion L.A. Lakers who played with Kobe, Shaq and the others.

fresh prince
07-23-2008, 03:25 PM
This is for Regular Season games..whats with all the playoff games?

Reading comprehension is at an all time low

PHX-SOXFAN
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Lakers vs Suns in The 06 Playoffs Kobe's Game winning Shot at The Buzzer.

the thread is called "regular season game". good job

I'll go with suns nets 3ot game

I couldn't vote for a noncompetetive blowout no matter how many points a player scored.

LAKERS 24/7
07-23-2008, 04:34 PM
I couldn't vote for a noncompetetive blowout no matter how many points a player scored.

lmao, dude you fit the description of 'laker/kobe hater' to a T.

Joshtd1
07-23-2008, 04:50 PM
That Nets-Suns game was awesome

Crunchy12489
07-23-2008, 04:51 PM
lmao, dude you fit the description of 'laker/kobe hater' to a T.

Why do Laker fans label people with this mindset haters?

I agree with the man.

Kobe scored 81 points, that **** was amazing, but when the D is lackluster (Mo Pete? Really?) and he's chucking up so many shots as good as a player he is, hell yeah I think it's a little blown up. Now, if Quincy Douby dropped 81 points on the Celtics, I would nearly die...

All in their prime, T-Mac, AI, David Robinson, Shaq, MJ, and Reggie Miller all could hit 81 points if they just hogged the ball, went to the line excessively, and had no relentless defense being played against them.

Stop labeling people who are indifferent about the 81 points haters.

Are you 15?

kazzy4080
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
celtics blazers (i think it was 04 or 05) i was there sitting 20 rows back, pierce hits a game winning shot, and jumps up on the scorers table and everyone is going crazy and high fiving each other

madiaz3
07-23-2008, 05:21 PM
the thread is called "regular season game". good job

I'll go with suns nets 3ot game

I know you're a long-time though not too great kobe/lakers troll. But that post makes me think you didn't watch the game.

1 2 3 4 T
TOR (14-27) 36 27 22 19 104
LAL (22-19) 29 20 42 31 122

LA was down 49 to TO's 63 the first half. It was a come from behind win mostly with the end of the third's score only being separated by about 6 points.

LAKERS 24/7
07-23-2008, 05:35 PM

I agree with the man.

Kobe scored 81 points, that **** was amazing, but when the D is lackluster (Mo Pete? Really?) and he's chucking up so many shots as good as a player he is, hell yeah I think it's a little blown up. Now, if Quincy Douby dropped 81 points on the Celtics, I would nearly die...

All in their prime, T-Mac, AI, David Robinson, Shaq, MJ, and Reggie Miller all could hit 81 points if they just hogged the ball, went to the line excessively, and had no relentless defense being played against them.

Are you 15?

Calm down man, I didn't base my post entirely on what he said. Ask anyone, this guys has a history of hating the lakers. Just look at his sig. Oh and I don't feel the need to make unwarranted assumptions about your age, so I'm not going to.

_Sn1P3r_
07-23-2008, 05:50 PM
That 81 game was crazy (coming from a Raptor fan) and I also loved the Suns-Nets game with Steve Nash and Diaw coming through in the final seconds.

kobynum2417
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM
lakers suns 06 playoffs. game 3. overtime when kobe hit a shot with like a second left to win it. and i was AT THAT GAME FOR MY BIRTHDAY. best game ever

Iodine
07-23-2008, 06:00 PM
lakers suns 06 playoffs.

FAIL SO HARD, why can't people read

Suns nets- Mavs suns- Sixers vs world

Vidball
07-23-2008, 06:02 PM
12/20/2005...Kobe drops 62 on the Mavs in 3 quarters...that was the season the Mavs made the Finals. Kobe outscored the best team in the West through 3 quarters.

fresh prince
07-23-2008, 06:18 PM

I agree with the man.

Are you 15?

It was a non competitive blowout..By the Raptors..The Lakers were losing by 20

And then Kobe took over and put on the greatest display of scoring in NBA history. yEA OTHER GUYS COULD have done it but they never have. Wilt was allowed to score 100 that game was a farce..Fouling to stop the clock etc.

If you cant give someone credit for a historic, epic performance despite your personal agenda that is called hating..

rapswin98
07-23-2008, 06:35 PM
It was a non competitive blowout..By the Raptors..The Lakers were losing by 20
i dont want to remember that again, so embarrasing