PDA

View Full Version : new look warriors... off season look back

Thatruth32
07-23-2008, 11:00 AM
with adding randloph.. marcus... hendrix... mo... ronny... correy.... ( last 3 kinda sound like the 3 stooges lol)

anyways we have a a whole new look for this team its pretty exciting even tho im reasltic i dont see us making the playoffs this year i still think we can be a competive team that can still win a lot of games .....
and players like marco and BW will be getting a lot more PT as well.. i just cant wait till the season starts... how u guys feel about the warriors offseason.. all in all i saw not bad when you throw in WHEN we resign andris and monta...

Lost ..baron .. barnes... obryant.... peitrus .... and buike...

added ... randloph.. marcus... hendrix... mo... ronny... correy....

id like to be the first to give mullin some props as some were lightweight hating on him the other day...... after baron left we could have been a joke but he really mad i think some nice moves and didnt break the bank to much for anybody besides correy and 10 mil a year how bad is that really for a player with his stats .... :D:clap:

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 11:34 AM
1st Off Don Nelson Is Behind Those Moves 2ndly We Will Make The Playoffs 3rd Like I Am Excited About The Season & The Moves We Made 4th This Is A Lil Off Topic But My Boy Oracle650 Says That Your A Cool Cat We All Should Kick It One Day & Blow Some Purp.

Thatruth32
07-23-2008, 11:43 AM
1st Off Don Nelson Is Behind Those Moves 2ndly We Will Make The Playoffs 3rd Like I Am Excited About The Season & The Moves We Made 4th This Is A Lil Off Topic But My Boy Oracle650 Says That Your A Cool Cat We All Should Kick It One Day & Blow Some Purp.

lol... yea all g as far as chilling sometime i be burnnin wayyyyyy to much lol i think i gotta limit myself to only weekends cuz then i dont do crap all week ...

but as far as off topic i dont see how its off topic when its a brand new thread and just askin warrior fans how they feel about the moves we made so far in the offseason and im sure nellie has something to do with it but u cant give him all the credit mullin is tha gm still... but either way i hope we make playoffs too but with how hard tha west was and should be even better this year its hard for me to say we will make the playoffs ... all these guys have to gell... but yea i think we have the talent to do so but i just dont see it happing this year

gowarriors
07-23-2008, 11:49 AM
here is my take on things.

I love Baron but the team will survive without him.

I think Monta can handle point.

Azubuike will be missed, as he was the team's best bench player.

Signing maurice Evans is interesting. this leads me to think that jackson might be part of a trade.

Evans was Orlando's starting shooting guard last season. This means Maggette could move to small forward in the event of a jackson trade.

I liked Pietrus, but he is wildly inconsistent. maybe he'll fair better in Orlando as a starter. I wish him well.

Barnes dropped off the radar this past season. he should do better in Phoenix.

I like Biedrins at center, as he is a big guy that can run the floor.

Three problems I saw with last year's team and the reasons the team missed the playoffs.

Al harrington has no business playing center, either in a backup or starting role. Good job getting Turiaf for the dirty work.

Problem solved.

CJ is not ready to play backup point guard in the NBA. They relied on baron way too much and it was evident. getting marcus williams was brilliant.

This guy is ready to play.

Problem solved.

The biggest problem was that the warriors had no depth on the bench.

Turiaf, Williams, the emergence of belinelli and Wright, and the great draft picks of Randolph and Hendrix should help this problem.

Problem solved.

Is hendrix signed yet? Why not. Sign him now. The guy can rebound.

If Mullin doesn't sign Anthony Morrow from their summer league team he's not paying attention.

If jackson does get traded, I'd hope they are looking for a young center/pf, someone around 6-11.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Oh Yeah I Blew Some Stuff Called The Color Purple The Other Day. But Mullin Isnt The Gm He's Vp Of B-ball Operations

Thatruth32
07-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh Yeah I Blew Some Stuff Called The Color Purple The Other Day. But Mullin Isnt The Gm He's Vp Of B-ball Operations

lol true true.. u got me there i think mitch is tha GM...

i just finished some purple disel... wewwwwwwwwwwwww crazy

Thatruth32
07-23-2008, 11:57 AM

Signing maurice Evans is interesting. this leads me to think that jackson might be part of a trade.

Evans was Orlando's starting shooting guard last season. This means Maggette could move to small forward in the event of a jackson trade.

I liked Pietrus, but he is wildly inconsistent. maybe he'll fair better in Orlando as a starter. I wish him well.

Three problems I saw with last year's team and the reasons the team missed the playoffs.

Al harrington has no business playing center, either in a backup or starting role. Good job getting Turiaf for the dirty work.

Problem solved.

CJ is not ready to play backup point guard in the NBA. They relied on baron way too much and it was evident. getting marcus williams was brilliant.

Problem solved.

Turiaf, Williams, the emergence of belinelli and Wright, and the great draft picks of Randolph and Hendrix should help this problem.

Problem solved.

If Mullin doesn't sign Anthony Morrow from their summer league team he's not paying attention.

If jackson does get traded, I'd hope they are looking for a young center/pf, someone around 6-11.

yea morrow is looking really good so far

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah He Is I Saw The Lastnights Highlights

GLobo
07-23-2008, 12:14 PM
This team seems like it will be very exciting to watch, competitive and a young core with a bright future...I do think Harrington and Stephen Jax will be on their way out, I'd also like to explore a Biedrens for Okafer trade

Thatruth32
07-23-2008, 12:20 PM
i hear alot of people talking about bout jack getting moved... to me he is the leader of this team even more than baron is gone.. yea its monta's team but jack is the leader i just dont see him getting moved... im out for now gotta go to damn dentist ****!! lol

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Globo Biedrins Aint Going No Were As Far As Al &stephen You Might Be Wright

BigWheel
07-23-2008, 12:23 PM
I like that we have moved on from the post Baron era with some savvy roster moves. I really think TURIAF has been the biggest addition! Loved him in Gonzaga, hated to see him be so damn productive off Kobe's bench last year.

HOWEVER- Our team still seems a little light at a few positions. We are still only at 12 players. Something else needs to happen, at least for bench players.....

( no contract yet)

PG- Monta, M Wiliams, (CJ Watson)
SG- Jackson, MEvans, Marco
SF - Maggette, A Randolph
PF- Harrington, BWright, RHendrix
C- Andris, Turiaf (Perovic)

does that line Up sound like what will be on the court?

I say trade HARRINGTON and BWRIGHT for Josh Smith of Atlanta!

just athought

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 12:26 PM
I Agree With Bigwheel

GWarrior
07-23-2008, 12:34 PM
one new player for each position. interesting

Jrose0017
07-23-2008, 02:04 PM
We need to keep AL and Jack for that veteran leadership we would lack if they both were gone! Bcuz wit my bot BD gone this is officially Jax team now..say wut u want about his shot choice or his temper (which got alot better last year if u watched every warriors game like i did!) but the dude balls out 100% evry game! aAnd plays a lil somethng called D! So all you fools saying they should be traded need to think about the core and face of our team..so chill out with all that trade BS!

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-23-2008, 02:05 PM
This team seems like it will be very exciting to watch, competitive and a young core with a bright future...I do think Harrington and Stephen Jax will be on their way out, I'd also like to explore a Biedrens for Okafer trade

Took the words right out of my mouth. I would love to see that.

Jrose0017
07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=GLobo;5971130]This team seems like it will be very exciting to watch, competitive and a young core with a bright future...I do think Harrington and Stephen Jax will be on their way out, I'd also like to explore a Biedrens for Okafer trade[/Q

Id do that trade in a heart beat...AB is waaayyyyy tooo soft and highly overrated! Okafer is a beast that blocks shots.. rebounds too..and finishs around the cup better then AB! And he wants to be traded! SO pull the deal off Mullin...KEEP AL AND JAX!

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Jacks is staying, but Al gets dealt after the deadline.

Al playing early serves 2 purposes:
1.) We showcase him so teams know he still has it
2.) We make Randolph earn his minutes and ease into the rotation instead of just handing over the position to him.

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 02:28 PM
^ Okafor is more expensive and more importantly has a history of a bad back. I'd rather have the younger and injury free history of AB even though he's not as good of a player.

It's just keep picturing Okafor having a short career like LJ, that's Larry Johson in case your wondering.

oracle650
07-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Biedrins is a stud keep da kid he gets better n better. Okafor's dome is kissing the ceiling.

likemystylez
07-23-2008, 06:19 PM
with adding randloph.. marcus... hendrix... mo... ronny... correy.... ( last 3 kinda sound like the 3 stooges lol)

anyways we have a a whole new look for this team its pretty exciting even tho im reasltic i dont see us making the playoffs this year i still think we can be a competive team that can still win a lot of games .....
and players like marco and BW will be getting a lot more PT as well.. i just cant wait till the season starts... how u guys feel about the warriors offseason.. all in all i saw not bad when you throw in WHEN we resign andris and monta...

Lost ..baron .. barnes... obryant.... peitrus .... and buike...

added ... randloph.. marcus... hendrix... mo... ronny... correy....

id like to be the first to give mullin some props as some were lightweight hating on him the other day...... after baron left we could have been a joke but he really mad i think some nice moves and didnt break the bank to much for anybody besides correy and 10 mil a year how bad is that really for a player with his stats .... :D:clap:

I said it before, and I'll say it again. If Mullin puts a team out there on the floor that will win anything less than 48 games, then the off season was a complete failure.

As a GM, his objective should have been to make the roster BETTER, not try to put parameters on how much worse it got.

Baron leaving might not be mullins fault. What is mullins fault is that he failed to use the 10 million dollar exception (second time he failed to use a trade exception btw), and he failed to trade Baron during mid season or on draft day. Mullin should not have allowed the possability of baron leaving and the warriors getting nothing for him.

No other team in the league would allow a player of barons caliber to leave for nothing....except the clippers- who stole baron from us.

So mullin still has time, but just to bring this team back to the same level, I think he needs to basically pull off a blockbuster for a superstar. The warriors can not afford to slip back into the 19 win seasons. They had a good thing going, If mullin cares about the goldenstate fans at all, he will find a way to get that untouchable superstar and get the warriors back to the play offs in 09. If he fails to do that, he either isnt good at his job, or he doesnt care about all the fans that are paying for seasont ickets to watch a play off team.

It might sound harsh, but this is the real world and thats reality

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Your short-sighted. He's penny pinching to land a prized free agent in 09 or 10.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Garlicboy Are You Serious About Wanting Okafor He's Always Injured

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 06:40 PM
^ What are you talking about??? That's what I've been saying, that he's had chronic back problems.

likemystylez
07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Your short-sighted. He's penny pinching to land a prized free agent in 09 or 10.

Just like he was trying to land gilbert arenas and elton brand? Tring doesnt count unless you land something. Its pretty clear that big name free agents dont want to go to goldenstate. Infact they are willing to throw money away in order NOT to come to the warriors. ie. elton brand

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 07:22 PM
^ Elton Brand is from the East Coast Dawg, Trains, Cheesesteaks and cold *** winters and he wanted to go back. Had nothing to do with the money.

I'd take a pay cut to come back to Cali, Sunshine, flip-flops, Taqueria Burritos and chill *** people.

likemystylez
07-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Elton Brand is from the East Coast Dawg, Trains, Cheesesteaks and cold *** winters and he wanted to go back. Had nothing to do with the money.>>

If the east coast is where he wanted to go, then why did he say initially that his intention was to remain with the clippers.

On the dan patrick show, Elton said he would be a clipper of the clippers owner would have taken the time to talk to him the days after he opted out. Instead, his agent tried to contact the owner but the owner wasnt available.... so brand talked to teams who's owners were available. At no point in the entire interview did Brand say he signed because he wanted to be closer to home. Infact- I havent seen any quotes or anything from brand in any articles with him stating that as a reason for going to PHI.

Basically Brand was fair game, and the warriors did something that turned him off. Period Garnett was fair game last yr and the warriors did something that turned him off-Period.

To sit back and say well this guy didnt want to be here and its not mullins fault... well that bs only holds up for so long, but at some point you have to land one of these big names. .....

If you arent able to do what it takes to land one of these guys... then you shouldnt be penny pinching to begin with. theres no reason to trade j rich unless u are posetive you can get garnett. This year he let baron go and he didnt use the 10 million dollar trade exception, and also failed to trade baron ahead of time.

Brand is from upstate NY, and PHI isnt THAT close to upstate NY.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 01:31 AM
Why didn't Brand say where he wanted to go? That's whole thing was a he said, she said between Brand, Dunleavy and where he wanted to go. Personally I think he didn't want to ruin his image and los any fan support. What the heck did Mullin do to turn Brand off??? Was he not charming enough? Brand and his wife are from the East Coast. I don't know if your a family man, but to most people family is important. You may disagree, but all things being equal i.e. $$$ a person is going to go where they feel most comfortable. I believe he's more comfortable surrounded by family and in an environment that he's grown up wiht since he was a kid.

As for as a Dan Patrick interview...C'mon of course he's going to defend himself and point a finger. What do you want him to say "Oh lied, I really wanted to go to the East Coast, but I was waiting for them to clear cap space. Also it would be easier to win a ring coming out of the East instead of the West."

Brand is less than 3 hours from home. Peeskill to Philly. I guess you've never experienced the East Coast and a flight layover or riding the tourist bus doesn't count.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Philadelphia&1s=PA&2c=Peekskill&2s=NY

likemystylez
12-23-2008, 01:18 PM

Well it depends on ur definition of surviving. Losing 15 of 17 games in a stretch is not surviving by my books though

Problem solved.
wouldnt say problem solved, we are still a horrible rebounding team and dont play much D.
I think cj might be the most ready back up pg on the roster
I dont think anybody who knows anything about basketball would say marcus williams is better than watson
Problem solved.

Problem solved.

With a record of 8 and 21 or whatever... i think there are a lot of problems

likemystylez
12-23-2008, 01:22 PM

If he is penny pinching to land a big name in 09 10... then why would he sign maggette? why would they resign jackson, why would they trade harringtons expiring contract for a longer one in crawford?

what big name player do they expect to get for the midlevel exception??

djeller1139
12-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Why do you keep bumping threads from eons ago? We get it, everybody predicted we would do better than we have, and everyone was wrong about some of the stuff we said. But you need to realize that these posts are 5 months old. There is no point in calling someone out 5 months later because they said the warriors could make the playoffs or because we signed Maggette. I'm sure nobody expected the Warriors to sign Jackson to such a long and expensive extension, or that we would trade Harrington for Crawford and some of these statements were said when we supposedly had Jackson and Harrington expiring so it's really stupid for you to continue to bring up all this old crap that everyone else has forgot about and you're just trying to make yourself sound like you knew all this was going to happen adn thats why you've been doubting the Warriors since last offseason

likemystylez
12-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Why do you keep bumping threads from eons ago? We get it, everybody predicted we would do better than we have, and everyone was wrong about some of the stuff we said.
I book marked a lot of stuff during the summer, and just havent gotten around to posting on it... its a lil slow at work today so here goes
But you need to realize that these posts are 5 months old.
I do realize that. but people who made predictions need to realize that those predictions are 9 months away and a lot of stuff can happen.
There is no point in calling someone out 5 months later because they said the warriors could make the playoffs or because we signed Maggette. I'm sure nobody expected the Warriors to sign Jackson to such a long and expensive extension, or that we would trade Harrington for Crawford and some of these statements were said when we supposedly had Jackson and Harrington expiring so it's really stupid for you to continue to bring up all this old crap that everyone else has forgot about and you're just trying to make yourself sound like you knew all this was going to happen adn thats why you've been doubting the Warriors since last offseason

Ive been doubting the warriors not because i necesarly knew all the trades and moves that would happen... but after the baron davis issue... it became clear that mullin didnt know what he was doing.

He offered 3 huge contracts to 3 completely different players. He didnt know if any of the three would sign (let alone work out in our system). Yet- the team refused to pay baron davis - a guy they KNEW could get them atleast 48 wins in a very competative western confrence... (probably MORE this yr).

The whole summer just looked like mully and management were in panick mode... if you have management that goes into an offseason prepared... then making a 48 win team a play off team the next yr... really shouldnt be an unbelievable task